- Item #: i_228840Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 97 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "Coming from a block located on a northern facing ridge north of Fort Ross, on the Sonoma Coast, the 2017 Pinot Noir Far Coast Vineyard was destemmed and spent 17 months in 32% new French oak. Bottled unfined and unfiltered, it offers a deeper, richer, more savory bouquet of black cherry and darker currant fruits as well as loads of ground herbs, chocolate, forest floor, and spice. This rich, opulent, incredibly sexy Pinot Noir has a wealth of fruit, a rounded, seamless texture, and a great finish. It's a rock star in this stacked lineup and a gem of a wine in the vintage. I love it!"
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "Medium ruby-purple colored, the 2017 Pinot Noir Far Coast Vineyard is a little mute at first sniff, with the nose slowly unfurling to reveal beautifully perfumed notes of lilacs, Ceylon tea and bouquet garni over a core of Bing cherries, raspberry leaves and cranberries. Medium-bodied, the palate is fine-boned, refreshing and elegantly played with exquisitely ripe tannins and layers of red, black and blue fruits, finishing long and fragrant. 293 cases were made."
- Item #: i_274570Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Vinous Media: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 97 PointsNamed in honor of co-proprietor Jennifer Hartford, this wine is defined by its power, concentration of fruit, structure and an underlying elegance. A wine that is built to age, Jennifer's proves that not all Pinot Noirs are shy, retiring, delicate souls. Jennifer's Pinot is sourced from a vineyard in the windy and very cool Sebastopol Hills sub region of the Russian River Valley AVA. Jennifer's Pinot is planted primarily to clone 23 and is known for very small berries, low yields and a high skin-to-pulp ratio. The dark color, intense black fruit aroma and flavor profile are a testament to the terroir of this site.
JEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "One of the standouts in the lineup, the 2017 Pinot Noir Jennifer's comes from a vineyard south of Sebastopol, which sees lots of influence from the Petaluma Gap. Brought up largely in neutral oak (32% new), its deeper ruby/purple hue is followed by terrific notes of black raspberries, cedarwood, bay leaf, forest floor, and graphite. This head-turner is medium-bodied and has beautiful concentration, bright yet integrated acidity, and a killer finish. Locked and loaded, it needs 2-3 years of bottle age at a minimum, and my money is on it drinking brilliantly at age 20. It's a stunning, singular wine from this estate!"
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "Medium ruby-purple colored, the 2017 Pinot Noir Jennifer's comes charging out of the gate with bold raspberry coulis, kirsch and warm redcurrant scents plus nuances of wild sage, damp soil, fallen leaves and spice box. Full-bodied, the palate is jam-packed with red berry preserves and earthy layers, framed by firm, fine-grained tannins, finishing long and perfumed. 298 cases were made."
ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "One of the standouts in this tasting, the 2017 Pinot Noir Jennifer's is fabulous. Super-ripe red and purplish fruit, rose petal, lavender, game and blood orange infuse the 2017 with striking character. The Jennifer's is one of the more savory wines in the range. I especially admire the wine's aromatic depth, but there are many dimensions here to discover."
- Item #: i_228930Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Vinous Media: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 96 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 96+ POINTS - "Coming from the Sonoma Coast, the 2017 Pinot Noir Seascape Vineyard nevertheless seems to have a touch of Russian River-like opulence and power, showing loads of mulberry and cranberry fruit as well as notes of scorched earth, graphite, licorice, and damp forest floor. Rich, concentrated, and medium to full-bodied, it shows the more focused, backward, chiseled style of the vintage yet is far from austere or angular. The cellar will be your friend on this one, and a solid 2-3 years of bottle age are warranted. Nevertheless, it's packed with potential."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "Pale to medium ruby-purple in color, the 2017 Pinot Noir Seascape Vineyard gives up pronounced notes of warm cranberries, Bing cherries and raspberry coulis with hints of lilacs, underbrush and fungi. Medium-bodied, the palate is charged with red berries and earthy sparks, framed by silken-textured tannins and bold freshness, finishing long and mineral laced. 313 cases were made."
ANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS - "The 2017 Pinot Noir Seascape Vineyard is bright, fruity and beautifully focused. Sweet red cherry, raspberry, mint and earthy notes grace this expressive, coastal Pinot Noir from Hartford Court. This mid-weight, gracious Pinot has so much to offer."
- Item #: i_245470Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 93ANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS - "The 2017 Pinot Noir is a very pretty, open-knit wine. Crushed rose petal, sweet red berry, mint, cedar and sweet pipe tobacco give the 2017 striking aromatic presence. In 2017, the Mount Eden Pinot is a decidedly forward, silky wine that looks like it will offer its best drinking sooner rather than later. The 2017 was done with 33% whole clusters and saw 50% new barrels."
- Item #: i_249700Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 95ANTONIO GALLONI 95 POINTS - "Peay was without question of the highlights of my January trip. The wines I tasted for this report are positively stellar, with the sole exception of the Viognier, which was off. In terms of the core wine – the Pinots and the Syrahs – they are all strikingly beautiful, compelling and flat-out gorgeous. I would be thrilled to own and drink them. I can't add much more than that."
"The 2017 Pinot Noir Estate Scallop Shelf is distinguished by its bright, focused personality and energy. As it often is, the Scallop Shelf is a wine of reserve and tension, showing plenty of savory and mineral character and less overt fruit than some of the other wines in the range. The 2017 is likely to require at least a few years to come into its own, but it is super-impressive."
- Item #: i_278010Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 94ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 94 POINTS - "Veteran winemaker Tony Soter and his longtime assistant winemaker, James Cahill, make wines that age magnificently. The bottlings from Soter's estate vineyard, Mineral Springs, are often among the Willamette Valley's top Pinot Noirs, while those bottled under the North Valley label convey a somewhat more approachable style. I say 'somewhat' because, like their big brothers, they are built to reward aging, but at a user-friendly price point. The 2017s here show very good depth and possess the freshness and energy to make them drinkable on the young side, if one so desires."
"Limpid ruby-red. Powerful, spice-accented red and dark berries, incense and candied flowers on the seductively perfumed nose; a mineral nuance builds in the glass. Alluringly sweet, sharply delineated cherry, raspberry preserve and rose pastille flavors are complemented by an exotic spice nuance. Fine-grained and seamless in texture, finishing extremely long and sappy, with resonating spiciness and slowly building tannins. 40% new oak."