- Item #: i_207480Bottle Size: 750mlCakebread Cellars 2018 Two Creeks Pinot Noir is blend of several French Dijon clones and the famed Joseph Swan and Pommard clones. The grapes were night-harvested for freshness between September 20th and October 1st with an ideal balance of sugar and acidity. With the Dijon clones supplying bright fruit and acidity, the small-berried Swan clone providing intense varietal flavors, and the Pommard clone contributing mid-palate weight and a warm spice tone, Two Creeks is a fruit-forward, yet complex pinot noir showcasing the best of Anderson Valley.
The 2018 Cakebread Cellars Two Creeks Pinot Noir boasts fragrant red and black cherry, red raspberry, strawberry and rose petal aromas. It has a smooth, mouth-coating texture, velvety tannins and delightfully silky red raspberry, cherry and strawberry flavors that take on a spicy tone in the long, juicy finish. Delicious now, it will age well in bottle for at least five years.
- Item #: i_215930Bottle Size: 750mlOn the nose, the wine is beautifully aromatic, combining notes of ripe, fresh cherry, rasberry, and strawberry jam, along with intense floral notes of hibiscus and orange blossom, baking spices of cardamom, cacao and vanilla, and a touch of fresh herbs (bay leaf, celery leaf). On the palate the wine is medium bodied and silky, with waves of complex ripe red fruits (cherry, raspberry, cranberry) complicated by notes of rhurbarb, fresh herbs and hints of wood smoke. The wine has ample, bright acidity, and sturdy tannins which provide structure, energy and cut on the long smooth finish.
- Item #: i_219330Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93If this label looks familiar, it's because it comes from the same owners as Far Nientte, Nickel & Nickel and Dolce! Their first release was the 2007, and while we're always a bit skeptical of Cabernet producers dabbling in Pinot noir, one taste left us wanting seconds, thirds and fourths! Now that the 2012 has dropped, it is every bit as good as its predecessors. En Route owns two fantastic Pinot Noir properties: Graton Vineyard and the highly-esteemed Amber Ridge Vineyard! Both vineyards are planted to several different clones for added complexity and nuances.
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Rich, with voluptuous dark fruit flavors and Asian spice accents. Dark cherry and plum tart notes dominate, showing hints of cassis. Cedar and sandalwood details emerge on the creamy finish. Drink now through 2025."
- Item #: i_220120Bottle Size: 750MLThe Sonoma Coast's rocky, well-drained terrain and elevated proximity to the cool Pacific Ocean allow Flowers Winery to grow Pinot Noir with fresh, bright red fruit flavors, soft tannins, complex minerality and brilliant acidity. Their Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir is sourced from some of the finest family owned vineyards within the extreme Sonoma Coast appellation including Flowers' Sea View Ridge Estate Vineyard. The grapes are harvested in the early morning hours to ensure the fruit arrives cool and freshly intact.
This wine has a deep garnet hue, along with aromas of wild strawberry, pomegranate, cranberry, savory dried herbs, violet and forest floor lift elegantly from the glass. On the palate, layers of blood orange and hibiscus are framed by fine-grained tannins, coastal minerality and brilliant acidity that culminate in a lengthy finish.
- Item #: i_238820Bottle Size: 750mlLynmar's 2018 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir showcases the purity and vibrancy of the region with nuanced texture and bright aromatics. At its core, this wine is comprised of Lynmar's three Russian River Valley vineyards (Quail Hill, Susanna's and Adam's), along with neighboring properties that share their same viticultural philosophies.
A brilliant rose color in the glass, this wine exudes juicy aromatics of baked strawberry, dragon fruit and cherry cola. A focused but generous entry on the palate leads way to tastes of cherry juice, ripe red plum and baking spice culminating in lively tannins and a persistent finish. Enjoy upon release.
- Item #: i_241060Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Vinous Media: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 95The Sandy's block is named in honor of Ron Melville's sister and was deliberately planted on the extremely sandy northwest section of their east vineyard. Sandy's has performed heroically over the years particularly when considering its extreme location combined with the poor, well drained soils of this section. This block also contains clonal material representative of their new era of plantings and includes selections from Merry Edwards, Calera (Clone 90), and clones 459 and 114. These four selections, when planted on sand, produce wildly intense and pretty aromatics with a very ethereal and harmonic palate impression.
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "Seeing 50% stems, the 2018 Pinot Noir Estate Sandy's offers a more rounded, complex style as well as beautiful spiced cherry, incense, orange blossom, and foresty, almost pine tree-like nuances. It's medium to full-bodied, with a wonderful texture, present tannins, and a great finish. It's capable of evolving for over a decade."
ANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS - "Melville's 2018 Pinot Noir Sandy's Block is delicate and airy in the glass. Sweet red cherry, mint, dried rose petal and a good bit of whole cluster savoriness all give this silky, delicate Pinot so much character and stylishness. The Sandy's (named after Ron Melville's sister) also happens to be planted on pure sand, which, along with the whole clusters, really brings out the wine's aromatics."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2018 Pinot Noir Sandy's has a medium ruby color and broody aromas of crushed blueberries, black cherries, dried violets and bergamot. The palate is medium-bodied with bright juiciness and Goldilocks ripeness, finishing long on a potpourri note. 675 cases produced."
- Item #: i_248710Bottle Size: 750mlRich and elegant, soft and well-balanced. Aromas of pine needles, cranberry, dark cherry, cedar, clove, and brown spice lead to fresh red berry flavors, an ample structure, and seamless tannins.
- Item #: i_255130Bottle Size: 750MLIn the hills of California's Monterey County lies an area that grows some of the very best Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Syrah. This area is known as the Santa Lucia Highlands. Like many other famed grape growing regions of the state, what once was known for orchards and vegetables farms has become heralded for their grapes, and Roar's Franscioni family is regarded as having one of the top vineyards in the area. In fact, the Franscioni's Rosella's and Sierra Mar Vineyards are in such demand, due to the stellar quality of fruit pulled off the vines, that the finished wines command prices similar to what is found in the Russian River Valley!
A blend of clones 23, 667, 777, Calera, Pisoni, Pommard, and Swan, this wine displays scents of lifted caramel and cream drift seamlessly through a core of cherry, berry, and warm leather. As the fruit expands into ripe melon and hints of plum on the palate, elements of forest floor and spice build into perfumed rose and tobacco leaf on the finish.
- Item #: i_273604Bottle Size: 750MLThis wine has complex yet delicate nose of white pepper, fig reduction, black raspberry, cardamom and prosciutto. Layered and packed with fruit, it is round with powdery tannins that are both balanced and concentrated.
- Item #: i_273270Bottle Size: 750MLWinemaker's Tasting Notes: "With a beautiful dark ruby color, the Pinot Noir has aromas of ripe strawberries and briary black cherry interspersed with hints of vanilla, cedar, and rhubarb. The subtle oak nuances integrate perfectly with the bright fruit, balanced acidity, and silky tannins. This wine is drinking beautifully now, but will also age gracefully in your cellar."