- Item #: i_201680Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 92 POINTS - "Deep lurid red. Spice- and smoke-accented cherry, raspberry and musky floral scents are complemented by building mineral and earth accents. Concentrated yet lively in character, offering intense cherry, Chambord and cola flavors that tighten up slowly on the back half. Smoothly plays power off finesse and finishes very long and appealingly sweet, with dusty tannins sneaking in late."
- Item #: i_214050Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "A classic Russian River Pinot, Dehlinger's 2017 Pinot Noir Goldridge is bold and succulent, with tons of presence and immediacy. Crushed red berries, spice and sweet red berry fruit all grace this super-expressive Pinot. Hints of dried cherry, hard candy, strawberry and sweet spice all add complexity. Best of all, the 2017 will drink well right out of the gate."
- Item #: i_215440Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "Ryan Deovlet's 2017s are gorgeous. The Pinots and Chardonnays are all strong. As always, the wines here are understated and finessed in style, with a high degree of site character that makes them compelling. New oak is in the 20-30% range. Some of the Pinots are done with whole clusters, but stem character is nicely integrated and never overpowering. Deovlet always shows his appellation Pinot and Chardonnay after the vineyard designates, and they never suffer in comparison."
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "I also loved the 2017 Pinot Noir La Encantada Vineyard, a plusher, more sweetly fruited effort that has plenty of mulberry and raspberry fruits as well as more spice and salty nuances, medium to full-bodied richness, ripe tannins, and a great finish. It's already drinking nicely yet should evolve for a solid 7-8 years or more."
- Item #: i_228890Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Vinous Media: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsHartford Family Winery was founded in 1994 as a result of Don and Jennifer Hartford's appreciation for the wines, the people, and the unique vineyards near their Russian River Valley home. Located in the Sonoma County town of Forestville, the winery is about 15 miles from the cool Pacific Coast.
Don Hartford grew up on a small strawberry farm in western Massachusetts, and later attended the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. After earning a BA. Don Hartford met his wife, Jennifer Jackson-Hartford, at Santa Clara University in Northern California in 1979. (Shortly thereafter, Jennifer's father, Jess, started a modest 16,000 case winery called Kendall-Jackson.) For more than twenty-five years, Don has been immersed in winemaking and winery management. In the process, Don has returned to one of his first loves—the land and farming.
Hartford Family Winery specializes in making wines from single vineyard sites. In recent vintages we have made about 25 different single vineyard bottlings. Small and low-yielding vineyards deliver expressive and personality-rich wine.
Don Hartford and winemaker Jeff Stewart have produced a sensational lineup of wines in 2015. This is a smaller yielding year, and while quantities are tiny, the wines are concentrated, rich, and flamboyant while also staying elegant and seamless. These are world-class Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays that readers need to seek out!
ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Pinot Noir Land's Edge Vineyards is one of the more refined and pedigreed wines in this range. Rich and deep, yet also finely cut, the 2017 captures the magic of the coastal sites that go into the blend. Inky purplish fruit, sage, lavender, mint and spice all build as this super-expressive Pinot shows off its pedigreed personality. The 2017 is so nicely done."
JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "Coming from the Far Coast and Seascape Vineyard (both on the Sonoma Coast), the 2017 Pinot Noir Land's Edge Vineyards has a spicy, complex, incredibly attractive style that shows lots of upfront red and black fruits, dried herbs, and loamy earth aromatics, medium to full body, a rounded, supple texture, and a great finish. It's a great value play in this portfolio and I'd happily drink bottles over the coming 7-8 years."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Medium ruby-purple colored, the 2017 Pinot Noir Land's Edge Vineyards opens with spicy notions of fenugreek, cumin seed and cloves over a core of baked red plums, blackberry pie and blueberry preserves plus wafts of oolong tea and unsmoked cigars. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is packed with black and blue fruit preserves, structured with finely grained tannins and just enough freshness, finishing long and spicy. 1,500 cases were made."
- Item #: i_266440Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91Stoller's 2017 Reserve Pinot Noir is a blend of our older Pinot Noir vines, with Pommard being the dominant clone. They fermented this wine with native yeast in stainless steel tanks and their oak fermenter. It spent 12-months in French oak barrels during which it saw full malolactic conversion. After blending, the wine is put back in stainless steel tanks for another six months to gain extended time on lees and marry before bottling.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2017 Reserve Pinot Noir is shy on the nose, offering earthy nuances over a core of red and black berries with citrus peel and floral sparks emerging with some air. It's medium-bodied, concentrated and silky, with a long, fresh finish. Give it another year or two in bottle. 8,000 cases were made."
- Item #: i_268210Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsANTONIO GALLONI 95 POINTS - "The 2017 Estate Pinot Noir is super-impressive, especially as the estate's entry-level Pinot. A rush of sweet red and purplish berry fruit, lavender, blood orange, exotic spice and licorice all race out of the glass in an expansive, beautifully resonant Pinot that dazzles from start to finish. Quite simply, the 2017 offers unreal quality at this level and price. Vineyard sources are 45% Radian, 30% Bentrock and 25% Sanford and Benedict. Don't miss it!"
JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "Leading off the Pinot Noirs, the 2017 Pinot Noir Estate reveals a deeper ruby/purple-tinged color as well as a ripe, sexy bouquet of black raspberries, cassis, scorched earth, violets, and background oak. Rounded, medium to full-bodied, textured, and just loaded with dark fruit on the palate, it's beautifully balanced and will drink fabulously well for at least 7-8 years."