- Item #: i_257480Bottle Size: 750MLThe 2017 Tous Ensemble Pinot Noir (Copain's first offering from Sonoma Coast) presents aromas of rose petals, Santa Rosa Plum skins, and fresh raspberries. Ripe cherries and orange peels also present themselves on the palate with a silky texture and lingering finish.
- Item #: i_235320Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 90James Suckling: 92Wine Enthusiast: 91 PointsAs one of the most well known bottlings of Pinot Noir in America, organically grown Pinot Noir from their estate vineyard is blended with grapes from sustainably farmed vineyards throughout Oregon, where grapes are grown to our strictly enforced standards. This wine offers notes of raspberry, tobacco leaf, toast cherry, citrus.
- Item #: i_254200Bottle Size: 750MLWinery's Tasting Notes: "The 2017 Rex Hill Willamette Valley Pinot Noir greets with scents of rich, dark berries, pomegranate, rhubarb, caramel, mulling spices, and tobacco with secondary hints of balsa wood, flint, slate, and graphite. The palate is expansive and energetic with moderate tannins, balanced acidity, and integrated, approachable oak. The wine is true to the Willamette Valley's cooler climate fruit and promises age worthiness."
- Item #: i_261300Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "The 2017 Pinot Noir Santa Lucia Highlands is a smoking value. Racy cherry, cranberry, and floral notes all emerge from this juicy, clean, and classy effort. With good acidity, loads of sweet fruit, and a clean, balanced style, it's a beautiful wine."
- Item #: i_261620Bottle Size: 750mlThe wine is very dark, aromatic and has great natural acidity. At this stage of development, most of its character is in a long, long finish - a good sign for the future of the wine! 2017 was a very good vintage for us. The balance and intensity of this wine demonstrates this beautifully.
- Item #: i_255290Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 92 POINTS - "Glistening ruby-red. Expansive red and dark berry scents show a suave floral quality and a hint of smoky minerals. Urgent, spice-tinged bitter cherry and raspberry flavors spread out slowly and turn sweeter with air. Fine-grained tannins build steadily on an impressively long, penetrating finish that leaves notes of Chambord and candied rose behind."
- Item #: i_268440Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 93For three generations the Talley family has farmed in Coastal San Luis Obispo County, a tradition that began in 1948 when Oliver Talley founded Talley Farms and started growing vegetables in the Arroyo Grande Valley. After witnessing the success of winegrowing in the neighboring Edna Valley, Oliver's son, Don Talley, became convinced of the potential for growing high-quality wine grapes on the steep hillsides above Talley Farms. He planted a small test plot in 1982 on the west hillside of the Rincon Vineyard. In 1986 Don made 450 cases of wine, which sold out very quickly. Production increased over the next five years, until 1991, when a new winery was built at the foot of their Rincon Vineyard. Today, Don and Rosemary Talley's son, Brian Talley, runs the business after developing a passion for wine when he worked in a wine shop while attending UC Berkely.
The Talley family has a commitment to high quality and long-term sustainability which are the two principles that guide Talley Vineyards' farming decisions. Their vineyards are SIP Certified (Sustainability in Practice) by the Central Coast Vineyard Team. Biologically based farming techniques and integrated pest management practices are employed throughout the vineyards. To improve soil conditions, prevent erosion and provide fertility, cover crops are maintained in all vineyard blocks. No herbicides are used.
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS - "Deep glistening ruby-red. Vibrant, sharply focused aromas of cherry, potpourri and Asian spices are lifted by a smoky mineral flourish. Broad and concentrated on the palate, offering raspberry, bitter cherry and spicecake flavors that show impressive energy and focus. Rich yet lively in character, finishing with strong, spicy drive and fine-grained tannins that come in late. 26% new French oak."
JEB DUNNUCK 92 POINTS - "The appellation release, the 2017 Pinot Noir Estate is all estate fruit that spent 15 months in 35% new French oak. Beautiful notes of red currants, raspberries, spring flowers, and ground herbs notes all emerge from this medium-bodied, fresh, racy effort that has bright acidity, fine tannins, and a great finish. This vibrant, age-worthy effort will keep for over a decade."
- Item #: i_274670Bottle Size: 750mlRuby in color with nuanced aromas of graham cracker, black cherry, cola, raspberry puree, with an underlaying earthy note of fennel. The wine exhibits a ripe plumpness of fleshy plum with supporting aromas of flint, blood orange, and tea leaves. This wine has velvety tannins that linger on the finish.
- Item #: i_276646Bottle Size: 750MLJust as their Pinot Gris is something to write about, their Pinot Noir is a show stopper! Torii Mor (Torii meaning "ornate gates" and Mor meaning "earth") has long been one of our favorite domestic Pinot Noir producers. With production slightly above 1,000 cases, they are able to keep superior quality control of the wine from vine to bottling.
This quintessential Pinot noir from the Willamette Valley begins with rich aromas of boysenberry and blueberries, framed by black fruits and complex notes of earth. Acidity and sweetness on the palate evolves into rich flavors of concentrated blue-black fruits with complex notes of light oak and spices. The wine fiinishes with sweet fruit flavors, juicy tannin and savory earth notes.