- Item #: i_276541Bottle Size: 750mlAged 9 months in barrel, 16% new French oak. · Moderately light ruby red color in the glass. The nose opens nicely over time in the glass, offering fresh aromas of dark red cherry, spice and dusty oak. Light weighted and easy going, with bright flavors of cherry, strawberry and mocha. Lacy in texture with silky tannins and a cherry-fueled finish. A simple but redeeming wine.
- Item #: i_227970Bottle Size: 750mlFrancis Ford presents another refreshingly-priced Pinot with refreshing Pinot character! Every Francis Coppola Diamond Collection wine is made with grapes grown in California regions best suited to each varietal. This one is sourced from specific sites within Monterey. The smallest of these vineyards lies on the eastern side of the Salinas Valley, where its loamy sand soils provide ideal drainage, thus adding to the concentration and density of the wine. The largest vineyard is just below the Santa Lucia Highlands, enjoying coastal fog and Pacific breezes that allow for a long growing season.
Displaying a deep garnet color, the enticing bouquet blooms with strawberry and hints of lavender and cherries, followed by a palate of dried cranberry, spice and earth.
- Item #: i_228290Bottle Size: 750mlThe Hahn Family has been farming in the Santa Lucia Highlands area since the late ‘70s with land purchased to graze livestock. It didn’t take long for Nicky Hahn to see a much greater potential for his acreage and by 1980 had produced his first wine. The region’s climate was unique from surrounding areas and over the next 8 years it gained its status as an AVA thanks to Nicky Hahn leading the charge. Over the years the family has acquired additional Vineyards in the region totaling 650 acres all sustainably farmed and family operated.
- Item #: i_228210Bottle Size: 750mlSince 1980 the Hahn family has cultivated their hillside vineyards in Monterey County. Today, Hahn Winery remains committed to crafting rich, supple wines which consistently over deliver on quality. The grapes for this wine were grown in the Arroyo Seco appellation of Monterey County, which sits on a gravelly alluvial plain beneath the Santa Lucia mountain range. Cool winds from Monterey Bay ensure gradual ripening and development of vibrant flavors. The rocky soils allow excellent drainage, enhancing intensity and promoting balanced ripeness and acidity.
This wine’s bouquet charms with scents of red cherry, ripe strawberry, cola and spice. On the palate soft mouthfeel complements flavors recalling plums and black cherry. upple tannins and a dash of acidity end in a beautifully balanced, clean finish.
- Item #: i_238860Bottle Size: 750mlThe Soberanes Vineyard is the latest exciting jointventure between the Pisoni and Franscioni Families. The site features tightly spaced vines and is planted to 33 acres of Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Syrah and sits on the Santa Lucia Highlands Bench adjacent to the Garys' Vineyard. The clonal material planted in the loamy, rocky soil is very diverse and features over a dozen of the most renowned heritage selections from California and Burgundy in pursuit of the finest wine quality.
Classic Soberanes to its dark ruby core, the 2018 Lucia Soberanes Vineyard Pinot Noir harnesses the rich, spicy, and floral notes for which this site is famous. Lush notes of black currant, black cherry, and macerated strawberry burst forth as this wine coats the palate, backed elegantly by savory notes of sandalwood, clove, and sage. With each successive moment that the wine breathes in the glass, persistent tannin from 10% whole cluster fermentation softens to velvet, contributing additional complexity and texture to the palate. Though this Pinot Noir will drink beautifully in its youth, early morning fog and brisk, windy afternoons have preserved its refreshing acidity, which will ensure a long, graceful aging in bottle.
- Item #: i_238770Bottle Size: 750MLMost Roses are produced by one of two methods: Whole Cluster Pressing or Saignee. But Lucy is not like most Roses; she is the culmination of both methods. First, fruit is sent directly to the press to be squeezed, where immense measure is taken to retain only the most delicate and aromatic juice. Then, a small amount of juice is drained from a tank of grape clusters, known as the Saignee technique, giving it a slightly more pronounced color. The marriage of these two traditional approaches create a uniquely delicate rosé like no other.
The 2019 Lucy Rose of Pinot Noir has the color of a near-ripe strawberry, and its beautiful lifted aromas.a mix of red raspberry,spring-flower bouquet, watermelon and orange blossoms.jump out of the glass. The mouth-feel is velvety and followed by soft-yet-crisp acid. Strikingly complex for a rose, the wine's elegance and diverse flavor profile will be a great match for many meals.
- Item #: i_241550Bottle Size: 750mlA rich, deep red – the color of Bing cherries – this wine opens with scents of dark berries, pomace, and the woodiness of a hiking path in a redwood forest. Soft, powdery traces of old-fashioned lipstick add an intriguing element to the nose. Entry is smooth, with bright cherry flavors and a "berry basket" of blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries. Pomace and brown spice infuse the palate, which is round and coats the mouth. An initial flash of fruit gives way to soft tannins, natural acidity, and an evocative earthy character. The finish is unusually long, with hints of cranberry adding an unexpected note to the mix of this wine’s many layers.
- Item #: i_245000Bottle Size: 750MLThe "Twelve Clones" Pinot Noir is drawn from the finest vineyards of the Santa Lucia Highlands appellation, including Morgan's organic "Double L" estate - which, in the 2017 vintage, accounted for 47% of the final blend. The "Twelve Clones" designation denotes the original, diverse Pinot plantings at the Double L. Cloudy mornings, mid-day sunshine and strong winds, and evening fog create a cool Region I type climate. The long growing season allows for gentle ripening, creating intense flavors with balanced acidity.
The 2017 Twelve Clones demonstrates the power and finesse of Pinot Noir from the Santa Lucia Highlands. It displays aromas of black cherry, cola, and graham cracker. Flavors of raspberry are complemented by notes of jolly rancher and toasted caramel. Perfectly poised with fresh acidity, this wine is incredibly food-friendly. It's a wonderful accompaniment to roast chicken and grilled salmon, as well as almost any duck, beef or lamb preparation.
- Item #: i_247340Bottle Size: 750mlOver centuries, the French have carefully singled out the most coveted vines in Bordeaux and Burgundy, naming each vine with a unique number to identify its exceptional attributes. Here in California, they planted a selection of these French vines exactly where they will flourish best. 667 Pinot Noir was inspired by treasured Dijon Clone 667 which adds luscious structure and texture to the wine. The gentle slopes of the Monterey vineyard estate produce a well-balanced cool-climate Pinot Noir with concentrated flavors and supple tannins.
The nose is a pleasing blend of sweet cherries and blueberries dusted with a touch of earth, a hint of cocoa and dark floral tones (violets). The palate grabs the fruit baton and runs with it; Bing cherries, mixed red and dark berries, good acidity and lush tannins lead to a rich finish with fruit flavors reverberating for minutes and minutes. This will kill with turkey and all the fixings but can also be enjoyed on its own, or with poached salmon, veal Parmesan or grilled lamb. Cheers!
- Item #: i_255120Bottle Size: 750MLJeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 94-96 POINTS - "Complex notes of Asian spice, underbrush, black cherries, incense, and smoke all emerge from the 2018 Pinot Noir Garys' Vineyard. This is another medium to full-bodied, seamless, elegant, beautifully balanced Pinot Noir from this team."
- Item #: i_257695Bottle Size: 750MLSan Simeon Pinot Noir is a rich, fruit-driven wine with ripe flavors of black cherry and raspberry. The mouth is soft and round with a lingering finish. Aromas of bright red fruit, cinnamon, and oak spice are revealed on the fragrant nose.
- Item #: i_276215Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 91 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 91 POINTS - "A dried cherry-skin note meets with leather and dried herbs on the rather mellow nose of this young bottling. The palate combines roasted meats in plum sauce with Christmas spices, offering bright fruit alongside a hint of vanilla on the finish."