- Item #: i_220720Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "Failla's 2017 Pinot Noir Seven Springs Vineyard is powerful and deep on the palate, with tremendous resonance that carries through to the super-expressive finish. Succulent dark red fruit, hard candy, leather and exotic spice notes build in this potent, beautifully textured Pinot, with a dollop of whole clusters perfume that adds nuance. The Seven Springs is a wine of real distinction."
- Item #: i_274798Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Vinous Media: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 94JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "I loved the 2017 Pinot Noir Ashley's, a wonderfully complex, balanced, nuanced effort that offers loads of character. Coming from a vineyard in the Sta. Rita Hills and aged 16 months in 63% new French oak, it offers classic notes of black raspberries, currants, ground herbs, forest floor, and earth. Medium to full-bodied, concentrated, with plenty of ripe tannins, it's a layered, complex Pinot Noir to enjoy over the coming 7-8 years."
ANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS - "Dark cherry, plum, cola, mint and cloves all run through the 2017 Pinot Noir Ashley's. Plum and juicy, with tons of voluptuous richness, the Ashley's is a classic expression of the richer side of the Sta. Rita Hills. Soft curves and silky tannins add to the wine's overt, sumptuous feel. The 2017 was done with 25% whole clusters, but they are pretty much buried by the sheer richness of the fruit."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Pale ruby, the 2017 Pinot Noir Ashley's Vineyard opens with notes of granite, pipe tobacco and blueberry with cracked peppercorn, dried leaves, tree bark and bergamot—very savory and earthy but lovely! Light to medium-bodied, it has grainy tannins to support the earthy fruit layers plus juicy acidity and a long, nuanced finish."
- Item #: i_222120Bottle Size: 750mlThis 100% Point Noir showcases dark and concentrated ruby hues which speak to this wine's Sta. Rita Hill's pedigree, bright aromas of raspberry, Bing cherry, leather and root beer. On the palate, this wines multiple layers speak to flavors of cherry cola, strawberry marmalade and forest floor. A luscious California Pinot Noir that pairs seamlessly with pulled pork sliders or chicken coq au vin.
- Item #: i_222650Bottle Size: 750MLJeb Dunnuck: 91Bill Wathen and Dick Dore have been making wine together since 1985, when they founded Foxen Winery and Vineyard at the historic Rancho Tinaquaic in northern Santa Barbara County. Since that time, their dedication has remained the same - the creation of very small production, sustainably-farmed, vineyard-focused wines using a "minimalist" approach to winemaking. Foxen is named in memory of William Benjamin Foxen, an English sea captain and Dick's great-great grandfather, who came to Santa Barbara in the early 1800s and purchased the Rancho Tinaquaic. Captain Foxen adopted the distinctive "anchor" as his cattle brand, which became the trademark of the winery. Foxen is at home on the history Rancho Tinaquaic with its solar-powered winery, tasting room and 7200 "shack."
JEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - "I loved the nose of the 2017 Pinot Noir Santa Maria Valley. It just screams Pinot Noir with its spiced cherry, raspberry, white pepper, and sappy herb aromas and flavors. Medium-bodied, nicely textured, fresh, and lively on the palate, it's a smoking little Calif Pinot Noir well worth checking out. This cuvee was just 25% destemmed and spent 9 months in used French oak. There are 3,500 cases produced."
- Item #: i_219950Bottle Size: 750mlThis blend marries eight vineyards from around the Russian River Valley, taking advantage of varied climates and unique site characteristics to create a rich and complex wine. The Hop Kiln, Rochioli, and Bacigalupi vineyards are located in the Middle Reach Subdivision, where close proximity to the river awards foggy mornings, warm and sunny days, and cool nights. The Toboni and Nonella vineyards are located in the Santa Rosa Plain, a distinctly cooler and foggier sub-region, and the Hallberg and Dutton sites within the Green Valley sub-appellation exibit even more extreme and cooler conditions.
This beautiful Pinot Noir displays the qualities of an exceptional, yet small vintage, expressing purity of place, boasting aromas of ripe Bing cherry, juicy raspberry and tangerine zest, with hints of underbrush and dried herbs from the whole-cluster inclusion. Flavors of wild berry, rosemary, black tea and rose petal unfold on the palate, followed by hints of cedar box that acentuate the rich fruit flavors. The fine-grained, slightly firm tannins develop into a soft, velvety finish, complemented by mouthwatering, vibrant acidity.
- Item #: i_216804Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 91Capturing the rustic elegance of the Anderson Valley, this wine begins with lively aromas of fresh-picked wild strawberry, dusty earth and sweet tobacco leaf. The dynamic strawberry aromas are echoed on the palate, where they are supported by supple tannins and a bright underlying acidity that adds energy and zest to a long, nuanced finish.
- Item #: i_228840Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 97JEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "Coming from a block located on a northern facing ridge north of Fort Ross, on the Sonoma Coast, the 2017 Pinot Noir Far Coast Vineyard was destemmed and spent 17 months in 32% new French oak. Bottled unfined and unfiltered, it offers a deeper, richer, more savory bouquet of black cherry and darker currant fruits as well as loads of ground herbs, chocolate, forest floor, and spice. This rich, opulent, incredibly sexy Pinot Noir has a wealth of fruit, a rounded, seamless texture, and a great finish. It's a rock star in this stacked lineup and a gem of a wine in the vintage. I love it!"
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "Medium ruby-purple colored, the 2017 Pinot Noir Far Coast Vineyard is a little mute at first sniff, with the nose slowly unfurling to reveal beautifully perfumed notes of lilacs, Ceylon tea and bouquet garni over a core of Bing cherries, raspberry leaves and cranberries. Medium-bodied, the palate is fine-boned, refreshing and elegantly played with exquisitely ripe tannins and layers of red, black and blue fruits, finishing long and fragrant. 293 cases were made."
- Item #: i_228700Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Vinous Media: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 95JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "The 2017 Pinot Noir Fog Dance Vineyard comes from a vineyard located on a hillside in Green Valley, south of the town of Forestville (which gets a lot of fog, hence the name), and was brought up in 47% new French oak. It shows its cooler region nicely yet still has plenty of richness and depth, offering spiced cherry and berry fruits as well as autumn leaves, spice, and dried herb aromas and flavors. Silky, medium to full-bodied, and beautifully balanced, It's a complete, thoroughly satisfying Pinot Noir that has the capacity to evolve positively for a solid 7-8 years."
ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Pinot Noir Fog Dance Vineyard is creamy and voluptuous in the glass, with tremendous richness. A wine of real substance, the Fog Dance is going to need at least a few years to come together. Red and purplish fruit, pomegranate, blood orange, lavender and star anise build as this potent Pinot shows off its multi-faceted personality."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Medium ruby-purple colored, the 2017 Pinot Noir Fog Dance Vineyard is a little closed to begin, opening out to Black Forest cake, mulberries and kirsch scents plus hints of dark chocolate, wild thyme, lavender and charcuterie. Medium-bodied, the palate delivers fantastic intensity with loads of red berry and savory layers and a pleasant chew to the texture, finishing with an herbal lift. 317 cases were made."
- Item #: i_274570Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Vinous Media: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 97Named in honor of co-proprietor Jennifer Hartford, this wine is defined by its power, concentration of fruit, structure and an underlying elegance. A wine that is built to age, Jennifer's proves that not all Pinot Noirs are shy, retiring, delicate souls. Jennifer's Pinot is sourced from a vineyard in the windy and very cool Sebastopol Hills sub region of the Russian River Valley AVA. Jennifer's Pinot is planted primarily to clone 23 and is known for very small berries, low yields and a high skin-to-pulp ratio. The dark color, intense black fruit aroma and flavor profile are a testament to the terroir of this site.
JEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "One of the standouts in the lineup, the 2017 Pinot Noir Jennifer's comes from a vineyard south of Sebastopol, which sees lots of influence from the Petaluma Gap. Brought up largely in neutral oak (32% new), its deeper ruby/purple hue is followed by terrific notes of black raspberries, cedarwood, bay leaf, forest floor, and graphite. This head-turner is medium-bodied and has beautiful concentration, bright yet integrated acidity, and a killer finish. Locked and loaded, it needs 2-3 years of bottle age at a minimum, and my money is on it drinking brilliantly at age 20. It's a stunning, singular wine from this estate!"
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "Medium ruby-purple colored, the 2017 Pinot Noir Jennifer's comes charging out of the gate with bold raspberry coulis, kirsch and warm redcurrant scents plus nuances of wild sage, damp soil, fallen leaves and spice box. Full-bodied, the palate is jam-packed with red berry preserves and earthy layers, framed by firm, fine-grained tannins, finishing long and perfumed. 298 cases were made."
ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "One of the standouts in this tasting, the 2017 Pinot Noir Jennifer's is fabulous. Super-ripe red and purplish fruit, rose petal, lavender, game and blood orange infuse the 2017 with striking character. The Jennifer's is one of the more savory wines in the range. I especially admire the wine's aromatic depth, but there are many dimensions here to discover."
- Item #: i_228930Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 96 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 96+ POINTS - "Coming from the Sonoma Coast, the 2017 Pinot Noir Seascape Vineyard nevertheless seems to have a touch of Russian River-like opulence and power, showing loads of mulberry and cranberry fruit as well as notes of scorched earth, graphite, licorice, and damp forest floor. Rich, concentrated, and medium to full-bodied, it shows the more focused, backward, chiseled style of the vintage yet is far from austere or angular. The cellar will be your friend on this one, and a solid 2-3 years of bottle age are warranted. Nevertheless, it's packed with potential."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "Pale to medium ruby-purple in color, the 2017 Pinot Noir Seascape Vineyard gives up pronounced notes of warm cranberries, Bing cherries and raspberry coulis with hints of lilacs, underbrush and fungi. Medium-bodied, the palate is charged with red berries and earthy sparks, framed by silken-textured tannins and bold freshness, finishing long and mineral laced. 313 cases were made."
ANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS - "The 2017 Pinot Noir Seascape Vineyard is bright, fruity and beautifully focused. Sweet red cherry, raspberry, mint and earthy notes grace this expressive, coastal Pinot Noir from Hartford Court. This mid-weight, gracious Pinot has so much to offer."
- Item #: i_228820Bottle Size: 375mlJeb Dunnuck: 95**Please note, this is a half sized bottlePLEASE NOTE THIS IS A 375mL BOTTLE
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "A crazy good value, the 2017 Pinot Noir Russian River Valley is the appellation release from this team, and it comes from all of the estate vineyards across the Green Valley, Laguna Ridge, and Sebastopol regions. Complex notes of strawberries, cranberries, violets, pine forest, and flowers all flow to a medium-bodied Pinot Noir that has a kiss of salinity and marine notes, ripe tannins, and a great finish. This beautiful wine competes with wines costing 2-3 times the price."
- Item #: i_230990Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92The actions of the San Andreas and the heavy rains and high winds, assisted by the chainsaws of man and sharp hooves of sheep, have created the current landscape on which the Hirsch Vineyards are planted. Gone are the deep soils and compost of the rain forest, all washed away into the creeks, leaving thin soils over sandstone based assemblage of intermixed heavy clays, sandy loams, and clay loams. Blended into this mix in random ratios is a melange of rocks varying in origins and type from igneous to metamorphic to sedimentary shale so degraded it can be crushed by hand.
The diversity of this vineyard, emphasized and cared-for by David Hirsch, have made this property a beacon for wineries searching out the best Pinot Noir fruit in Sonoma, including the likes of Williams and Selyem, Failla, Lioco, and Siduri.
The San Andreas Fault is Hirsch Vineyards' signature Pinot Noir and is crafted to give the drinker a complete picture of this complex vineyard. The 2016 San Andreas Fault has fruit from 27 distinct farming blocks within Hirsch Vineyards, more than any wine produced from this site. It is named for the fault-line which marks the meeting of the North American and Pacific tectonic plates, snaking its way up the California coast and passing less than a mile from Hirsch.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Pale to medium ruby, the 2017 Pinot Noir San Andreas Fault has a delicately played nose with touches of cinnamon stick, dried leaves, perfumed earth and a mineral vein plus rose petal perfume, red berries and black fruit sparks. The palate is light to medium-bodied with delicate intensity and well-balanced fruit and earth character, knit by grainy tannins and juicy freshness, finishing long and nuanced. 3,740 cases produced."
- Item #: i_235320Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 90James Suckling: 92Wine Enthusiast: 91As one of the most well known bottlings of Pinot Noir in America, organically grown Pinot Noir from their estate vineyard is blended with grapes from sustainably farmed vineyards throughout Oregon, where grapes are grown to our strictly enforced standards. This wine offers notes of raspberry, tobacco leaf, toast cherry, citrus.
- Item #: i_236495Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleAromas of pomegranate and sweet tobacco are followed by flavors of berry fruit and plums with subtle hints of exotic spice and toast. On the palate, the wine has balanced acidity and fine tannins that drive a long finish.
- Item #: i_236490Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91Wine Spectator: 90WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2017 Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast comes from fruit across the appellation including Russian River and Carneros. It aged nine months in 25% new oak. Pale to medium ruby, it has a bright, inviting nose of cranberries, woodsmoke, cola, bergamot and crushed black cherries with accents of earth, sweet spice, citrus peel and flowers. It's light to medium-bodied, silky and bursting with ripe fruits, enlivened by juicy acidity and finishing long and lifted. This is a great value! 253,000 cases produced."
WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "Lively oral components accent the finely textured flavors of red currant and dried red cherry, matched to rm acidity. Lithe and minerally on the finish."
- Item #: i_275300Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "This taut red features crisp red fruit and berry flavors, supported by glistening acidity. Lithe midpalate, offering ample slate notes. The finish lingers with dark chocolate hints. Drink now through 2024. 3,700 cases made."
- Item #: i_238920Bottle Size: 750mlOpulent in the glass, this wine has a garnet color and alluring red fruit aromas. The red fruit is echoed on the dynamic palate, where vibrant flavors of wild strawberry, cranberry and cocoa are underscored by a firm, acid-driven structure and fine dusty tannins that carry through to a lingering finish.
- Item #: i_241240Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 93ANTONIO GALLONI 95 POINTS - "The 2017 Pinot Noir Anna's, from one of the loamier sites on the property, naturally shows more richness and broader shoulders, along with a profile of purplish/blue fruit. Sage, lavender, mint and sweet tobacco all develop in the glass. Firm tannins need time to soften, but there is a lot to look forward to in this virile, potent Pinot from Melville."
JEB DUNNUCK 93+ POINTS - "Coming from clones 667 and 114, the 2017 Pinot Noir Anna's was also brought up all in neutral oak. It offers slightly more classic fruit-driven notes of black cherries, wood smoke, cedar, and floral notes. Clean, balanced, straight, and lively on the palate, it's very much in the style of this focused, classic vintage. It will benefit from 1-3 years of bottle age and keep for a decade."
- Item #: i_241360Bottle Size: 750MLJeb Dunnuck: 94In the wind-swept, rolling hills of western Santa Barbara County, you will find one of the best cool-climate growing regions on earth. And in this area, you will find one of the more consistent Pinot Noir producers in California!
Ron Melville and his family have been farming high quality grapes for over 30 years. After finding success in Sonoma County, Ron's desire to grow cold-climate Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Syrah brought Melville Vineyards to the Sta. Rita Hills. The Sta. Rita Hills AVA is unique, as it is one of the few grape growing regions in California whose valley runs west to east. In doing so, the cooling air from the Pacific Ocean is able to rush through the area, keeping the daily temperatures low, and providing a long growing season that maximizes flavors. The soils at Melville are a mix of sand and clay, giving Pinot Noir beautiful aromatics combined with ripe, but not overpowering fruit. In addition, Melville plants their vines at a denser spacing than most. In doing so, root systems must compete with each other, inhibiting rigorous growth, naturally lowering yields and furthering the development of flavor and concentration. Farming at Melville is sustainable at a minimum, but often done organically.
Melville's "Estate" Pinot Noir is a collection of 16 different Pinot Noir clones fermented in small 1.5 ton open-top fermenters. Yields were just 1.5 tons per acre! This is the type of small yields that you typically see for Pinot Noirs selling for $75-$100+...but Melville's wine sells for way less than that! Combine that with the stellar 94 point score from critic Jeb Dunnuck, and you'll see why this has been one of our favorite wines to sell for the past several years! This is the second vintage "from grape to glass" that Chad Melville has produced since taking over from Greg Brewer, and if this is any indication, the Melville wines are destined for continued greatness!
JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "Coming from vines around the estate, the 2017 Pinot Noir Sta. Rita Hills is based on a mix of clones and was 60% destemmed and brought up all in totally neutral oak. It's a classic Melville Pinot Noir that jumps from the glass with its spiced red and black fruits, dried flower, marine-like salinity, bay leaf, and forest floor aromas and flavors. Balanced, medium-bodied, and elegant on the palate, with light tannins and nicely integrated acidity, it can be drunk today or cellared for a decade."
- Item #: i_241550Bottle Size: 750mlA rich, deep red – the color of Bing cherries – this wine opens with scents of dark berries, pomace, and the woodiness of a hiking path in a redwood forest. Soft, powdery traces of old-fashioned lipstick add an intriguing element to the nose. Entry is smooth, with bright cherry flavors and a "berry basket" of blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries. Pomace and brown spice infuse the palate, which is round and coats the mouth. An initial flash of fruit gives way to soft tannins, natural acidity, and an evocative earthy character. The finish is unusually long, with hints of cranberry adding an unexpected note to the mix of this wine’s many layers.
- Item #: i_216991Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90James Suckling: 94JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "Impressive clarity and purity of red and blue-fruit aromas, as well as subtly earthy complexity. The palate has a beautifully silky core of ripe red and black cherries. Velvety tannins. Really even and long. Drink or hold."
Classic SONOMA COAST aromas of ripe red raspberry, Bing cherry and pomegranate explode from the glass. These vibrant red berry flavors are echoed on the lush, silky palate, where they mingle with notes of blackberry and hints of French oak-inspired spice.
- Item #: i_245000Bottle Size: 750MLThe "Twelve Clones" Pinot Noir is drawn from the finest vineyards of the Santa Lucia Highlands appellation, including Morgan's organic "Double L" estate - which, in the 2017 vintage, accounted for 47% of the final blend. The "Twelve Clones" designation denotes the original, diverse Pinot plantings at the Double L. Cloudy mornings, mid-day sunshine and strong winds, and evening fog create a cool Region I type climate. The long growing season allows for gentle ripening, creating intense flavors with balanced acidity.
The 2017 Twelve Clones demonstrates the power and finesse of Pinot Noir from the Santa Lucia Highlands. It displays aromas of black cherry, cola, and graham cracker. Flavors of raspberry are complemented by notes of jolly rancher and toasted caramel. Perfectly poised with fresh acidity, this wine is incredibly food-friendly. It's a wonderful accompaniment to roast chicken and grilled salmon, as well as almost any duck, beef or lamb preparation.