- Item #: i_216078Bottle Size: 375ML**Please note, this is a half sized bottleAromas of apricot, poached pear and orange rind dominate the more subtle clove and mineral notes. The flavors mimic the aromas on the nose, melding with a mouthwatering texture and added notes of juicy orange and citrus blossom. This wine shows the restraint of youthfulness with the expectation that its bottle bouquet will emerge with a few more years of bottle age.
- Item #: i_226870Bottle Size: 375ML**Please note, this is a half sized bottleFor the third year in a row, Napa Valley received only two-thirds of its average rainfall in 2012, which reduced crop levels somewhat. A few days of heat in September boosted ripeness and allowed botrytis to fully develop.
A blend of Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, and Gewurztraminer, Grgich's late harvest wine is the result of Botrytis cinerea, a beneficial mold that evaporates moisture while concentrating the flavor in the berry but yielding very little juice when the grapes are pressed. Grgich ferments the thick, rich juice and then aged the wine in French oak to develop its subtle flavors and textures. Aromas of baked pear, orange blossom honey and citrus are prominent and the wine has remarkable depth of flavors that linger in the mouth. Violetta is perfect with fruit tarts, rich cheeses or serve it all by itself for dessert.
- Item #: i_238270Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 100Jeb Dunnuck: 100 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 100 POINTS - "Unfortunately, there won't be a 2017 due to the fires, but the perfect 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Mt. Veeder should certain tide you over. This literally off-the-charts effort is a good as Cabernet Sauvignon gets, offering complex blueberry and blackberry fruits, violets, bay leaf, and forest floor aromas and flavors. It's a big, structured mountain Cabernet, yet it has a seamless texture, incredible elegance paired with full-bodied power, building tannins, and a great, great finish. Hide bottles for 4-5 years and it will keep for 3+ decades. Good luck keeping your hands off it, though. Anticipated maturity: 2023-2051."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "The 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Mount Veeder is composed of 100% Cabernet Sauvignon. Deep garnet-purple colored, it leaps from the glass with gregarious crème de cassis, wild blueberries and black raspberries with nuances of black tea, violets, aniseed, truffles and new leather plus wafts of charcuterie and chargrill. Full-bodied, very firm and very tightly wound at this youthful stage, the palate is absolutely packed with black fruit and earthy layers, finishing with epic persistence. 1,100 cases produced."
- Item #: i_251860Bottle Size: 750mlGolden-orange tawny color, with a fully developed bouquet of soft oak, orange-rind and anise. This tasty Port offers hints of light caramel, plum, and rich creamy texture with candied orange peel and walnut. This release is ready to drink now A great Cigar Port. This was bottled in 2012.
- Item #: i_251970Bottle Size: 750mlProduced fom Petite Sirah, Tinata Roriz, Tinta Cao, and Touriga. The depth and structure of the Petite Sirah compliments the soft fruit notes of the Portuguese varieties, resulting in a soft yet age-worthy Port with many layers of flavors.
- Item #: i_251960Bottle Size: 750mlDrier in style than most other Ports, Prager's 2015 Royal Escort Port is 100% Napa Valley Petite Sirah. The deep rich garnet color lends to a fresh pressed berry bouquet, followed by ripe cherries on the palate.