- Item #: i_200730Bottle Size: 750mlLocated in the coastal foothills of the Santa Lucia Mountain Range, the vineyards selected for this Reserve Monterey County Chardonnay are consistently cooled by the marine layer funneled in from the Monterey Bay throughout the growing season. Fog that is late to burn off, and a cool midday breeze, extend hang time to allow the grapes to be picked at the peak of the fruit’s flavor and acidity.
This juicy, fruit driven Chardonnay is dominated by aromas of ripe golden apples, tropical pineapple and coconut, and zesty Meyer lemons. Not to be outdone, the luscious palate is balanced by bright acids and mild oak influence gives this wine a delicious lingering finish.
- Item #: i_205300Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 92 POINTS - "Brilliant yellow. Displays fresh melon, Meyer lemon and pear skin scents that are sharpened by a suggestion of dusty minerals. Seamless and sharply focused in the mouth, offering juicy citrus and orchard fruit flavors. A jolt of quinine adds a refreshingly bitter edge. Deeper notes of honey and toasty lees come out on the penetrating finish, which hangs on with excellent tenacity."
- Item #: i_216010Bottle Size: 750mlChamisal's 2017 Monterey County Chardonnay is vinified using traditional Burgundian winemaking techniques. This includes whole cluster pressing, barrel fermentations, batonnage, native yeast, and malolactic fermentation. They utilize press cuts to fine-tune quality and vinify in many small lots, allowing to assemble their Monterey Chardonnay with a focus on quality and richness.
This full-bodied wine exhibits classic varietal characteristics with aromas of toasted oak and creme brrlee. The entry is fruit driven with hints of lemon cream, Fuji apple, ripe pineapple and baked pear, leading to a rich and creamy mid-palate. Finishing clean with lingering acidity and broad texture, the wine is a beautiful example of Monterey County Chardonnay.
- Item #: i_228240Bottle Size: 750mlHahn's Chardonnay highlights some of the best vineyards in Monterey and Santa Lucia Highlands. This high coastal region greets the day with morning sun giving way to afternoon breezes, the perfect setting for this Burgundian varietal. In the glass it gives a light golden hue with lemon peel, and pear on the nose. Once tasted it reveals layers of subtle peach and pineapple with a touch of vanilla toast. A clean finish leaves lingering hints of tropical lychee and green bananas. This medium-bodied wine has a crisp acidity and well rounded, making it a perfect accompaniment for pasta dishes, chicken, grilled prawns and white corn salad.
- Item #: i_238560Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Tasting Notes: "Light straw in color, this 2017 Arroyo Vista Chardonnay exhibits intriguing aromas of Meyer lemon cream, yellow flowers, baked pear, creme brulee and toasted hazelnuts. The rich palate texture is derived from the use of classic Burgundian techniques, such as primary and malolactic fermentation in French oak barrels and weekly stirring of the lees during aging. The texture is balanced by fresh flavors of apple, pear, and citrus, with a long, sweet oak finish."
- Item #: i_232320Bottle Size: 750MLTobin James Cellars, located 8 miles east of Paso Robles on Highway 46, sits among 71 acres of vineyard's and oak dotted hills. A magnificent setting for magnificent wines! This region is wonderful for powerful reds, but Monterey County holds a better place for Chardonnays. Rich & creamy with great citrus flavors, this is the perfect Chardonnay for afternoons and light to moderate food!
- Item #: i_241300Bottle Size: 750MLThe dramatic climate of the Highlands – located within Monterey County – allows Mer Soleil to create dramatic wines. Morning fog, bright sunshine and gusting winds enable longer "hang time" for the grapes, resulting in wines of intense, complex character. With fresh, bright aromas and the taste of white peach, this wine has a vibrant acidity balanced by the lush flavors of fully ripe fruit.
- Item #: i_245240Bottle Size: 750MLJeb Dunnuck: 92 PointsThe Double L Vineyard is well situated to produce Chardonnay of the highest caliber. Located near the northern tip of the Santa Lucia Highlands AVA, the vineyard receives brisk afternoon breezes from nearby Monterey Bay. North-south vineyard row orientation allows for optimum sun exposure on the Highlands’ east - facing terraces. Wind and sun combine for a long growing season, resulting in vibrant fruit flavors with balanced acidity. The vineyard was certified organic in 2002, although it has been conscientiously farmed in this method since the original plantings in 1997.
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 92 POINTS - "Limpid yellow. Powerful, mineral-accented Meyer lemon, pear and vanilla scents show very good clarity and complicating suggestions of fennel and toasty lees. Minerally and focused in the mouth, offering pliant citrus and orchard fruit flavors; deeper suggestions of honey and buttered toast emerge on the back half. Shows impressive depth as well as energy and finishes smoky and very long, with a suave floral nuance hanging on."
JEB DUNNUCK 92 POINTS - "Aged 10 months in 15% new French oak, the 2016 Chardonnay Double L is a step up in quality and is a more serious, layered Chardonnay. White peach, white flowers, honeysuckle, and a touch of brioche all emerge from this silky, elegant effort that has racy acidity, terrific balance, and a great finish. Drink it any time over the coming 5-7 years, and I wouldn/t be surprised to see it keep longer."
- Item #: i_245250Bottle Size: 750MLWith each vintage of Highland Chardonnay, Morgan showcases the unique attributes of their Double L Vineyard and the Santa Lucia Highlands AVA. The 2014 cuvee includes 67% fruit from the Double L and the balance from outstanding neighboring estates in the SLH, including McIntryre and Tondre. The Double L Vineyard has been "Certified Organic" since 2002 but has been conscientiously farmed in this method since the original plantings in 1997.
This focused, elegant Chardonnay's aromas feature lemon, butter croissant, and summer squash. On the palate, the rich fruit flavors are complemented by a light touch graham cracker and salted butter caramel. Incredibly food-friendly, the 2017 Highland Chardonnay is a perfect match with cream-sauced pastas, roast chicken and pork, and seafood.
- Item #: i_277100Bottle Size: 750MLThe grapes for this wine came from a hillside vineyard located in the very cool Santa Lucia Highlands. Though in the past they've harvested grapes from several coastal vineyards, this year they decided to focus on a single and acclaimed appellation. The hand-harvested grapes were gently pressed as whole clusters. The juice was then racked to jacketed stainless steel tanks and French oak barrels for fermentation. The barrel-fermented portion adds a rich mouth feel that enhances the fruit-forward, cold fermented component. Some of the wine goes through malo-lactic fermentation to balance the acidity (higher acidity being one of the characteristics of fruit grown in the SLH).And the wine itself? Awesome: balanced, clean, lush, tasty. The nose invites the world with beautiful tropical fruit notes and gorgeous florals (orange blossom) with a touch of citrus and wood spice. Upon tasting, the viscous palate weight leads to a nice mélange of tropical and stone fruit flavors (touches of pineapple, white peach and guava) that are uplifted in the mouth thanks to generous but balanced acidity. The finish is clean with hints of lemon grass and mountain stream while the fruit and flower flavors fold slowly, resolving like a sunset, her colors splayed across the sky that, with time, fade nicely.
- Item #: i_255230Bottle Size: 750mlIn the hills of California's Monterey County lies an area that grows some of the very best Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Syrah. This area is known as the Santa Lucia Highlands. Like many other famed grape growing regions of the state, what once was known for orchards and vegetables farms has become heralded for their grapes, and Roar's Franscioni family is regarded as having one of the top vineyards in the area. In fact, the Franscioni's Rosella's and Sierra Mar Vineyards are in such demand, due to the stellar quality of fruit pulled off the vines, that the finished wines command prices similar to what is found in the Russian River Valley, and even parts of Burgundy!
Notes of candy and lemon zest pair with jasmine and bright nectarine come through the aromatics of Roar's 2018 SLH Chardonnay. Crushed stone brings a grounding minerality to the palate, while the fruit evolves into pineapple and lemon curd balanced with hints of chaparral and light butterscotch.
- Item #: i_257690Bottle Size: 750MLSan Simeon Chardonnay is a rich, mouth-filling wine with ripe tropical fruit flavors with complements of citrus and pear. The nose reveals bright fruit and oak toast with hints of vanilla and spice. Mineral notes express the rocky terroir of the vineyards. This structured and well-balanced wine shows a lengthy finish with potential to age.
- Item #: i_274360Bottle Size: 750mlOlson displays a “crunchy” acidity, not unlike Chenin Blanc. Just 5 miles off the Pacific Ocean, the climate is incredibly cold. Locals colloquially call Prunedale “Prunetucky”, and Olson is a large sand dune rising above the town, just west of the 101 and facing the ocean. Typically this wine shows dried honey, Asian pear, and roasted pineapple on top of a distinct saline note.
- Item #: i_241210Bottle Size: 750mlMonterey County's Santa Lucia Highland Region produces some of the best Chardonnay and Pinot Noir in the world. This region benefits from cool morning fog and afternoon breezes that result in a long growing season, producing intense fruit flavors balanced with vibrant acidity.
The label "Silver" came into being due to the fact that the wine saw no oak; it was fermented and aged in stainless steel. The wine still never sees any oak, yet in addition to stainless steel, cement tanks are utilized to give the wine a small amount of oxygen contact to enhance flavor development, similar to aging in an oak barrel.
Bright minerality and fresh-cut hay qualities are apparent on the nose, followed by zesty citrus and stone-fruit notes. Seamless fruit flavors of grapefruit, lemon and gooseberry shine through on the mid-palate, complemented by a crisp acidity that carries through from start to finish. The higher acidity in this wine makes it a perfect accompaniment to a wide array of food, particularly fresh salads, grilled seafood, and some tomato-based dishes.
- Item #: i_276219Bottle Size: 750mlWindstream Chardonnay is a luscious, structured wine with intense flavors of ripe pear and green apple. Barrel fermentation contributes nuances of oak spice and honey, while malolactic fermentation creates a round mouthfeel with a supple, creamy texture.