- Item #: i_236450Bottle Size: 750MLHere’s an old favorite which we love and promote for good reason. The La Crema Chardonnay shows off its true Sonoma Coast origins like a very expensive wine should, but wait... this only costs $15.99!
There are delicious flavors of pear, white peach and butterscotch intermingling on the palette and a long lingering finish that goes farther than any wine at this price should. This wine is more than just value, as it shows true depth and personality. Winemaker Melissa Stackhouse takes great care in ensuring that this wine is balanced and a marvelous stand out in the great sea of value-priced Chardonnay.
Just a quick whiff reveals great purity, with huge tropical and floral notes. In light of our current economic climate, La Crema Winery hits the mark on quality and availability, all the while delivering it prudently. Oh! And we should mention that Robert Parker said, This Chardonnay / Pinot Noir specialist should receive rave notices from bargain hunters looking for a top-flight Chardonnay that is complex, rich, and widely available. So we are by no means the only people who understand this winery's significance.
- Item #: i_236900Bottle Size: 750MLAn elegant blend of premium fruit from Sonoma County, the vineyards used in the Overlook Chardonnay represent some of the best that 2017 had to offer. Greg Stach's expertise selecting the finest sites and their growers' excellent viticultural practices yielded truly exceptional fruit from respected parcels such as the Russian River Valley, Petaluma Gap and Sonoma Carneros. The Chardonnay is hand harvested, hand sorted and fermented using all native yeasts providing the purest snapshot of what this vintage had to offer.
Pale yellow in the glass, showing aromas of meyer lemon, baked apple and honeysuckle. The full-bodied palate shows ripe lemon, yellow apple skin on entry with, creamy peach, subtle butterscotch notes and chamomile flower with a hint of salted caramel on the mid palate. The finish has an attractive mineral texture and fresh acidity with lightly toasted brioche and tropical fruit notes.
- Item #: i_237450Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI 95 POINTS - "The 2015 Chardonnay shows the natural intensity of the year in its voluptuous, tropical personality. Pineapple, mint, orange peel, smoke and apricot infuse this racy, powerful Chardonnay. Oily and viscous on the palate, with tremendous textural depth and tons of sheer appeal, the 2015 has a lot to offer."
- Item #: i_238940Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92The grapes for this Chardonnay came exclusively from Macrostie's Wildcat Mountain Vineyard, owned by Steve MacRostie and his partners Nancy and Tony Lilly. Here the vines dig into the sparse volcanic soil and stand firm against the strong winds that race in off of the Pacific Ocean most afternoons. This fog-shrouded mountaintop vineyard is a classic Sonoma Coast site, cool and challenging, and produces wines of great distinction.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - ""The 2016 Wildcat Mountain Vineyard Chardonnay delivers notes of white peaches, ripe Golden Delicious apples and Bosc pears with hints of allspice, shaved almonds and chalk dust. The palate nails it with intense yet elegantly played apple and pear flavors, accented with plenty of toast and spice, and gives a long, refreshing finish. 1,595 cases produced."
- Item #: i_238950Bottle Size: 375ML**Please note, this is a half sized bottleThe wine is pale straw gold in color, with bright lavender, wet stone and citrus aromas, with a touch of creamy custard. In the mouth it is elegant and full, with crisp apple and ripe pear flavors, plus a touch of vanilla caramel from the oak. The finish is soft and smooth, very dry, but leaves lingering lush primary fruit flavors.
- Item #: i_238960Bottle Size: 750mlSteve MacRostie started making Chardonnay under his own label in 1987, and MacRostie Chardonnay has been a staple at Hi-Time for nearly as long. Steve and his team noticed over the years that their best lots of Chardonnay were coming from the Sonoma side of Carneros. As their own "Wildcat Mountain" vineyard began to mature and yield enough fruit for wine production, their preferences were truly confirmed. In addition to their estate vineyards, MacRostie works with other family farmers who share the passion for quality grape growing, with a focus on sustainability. In fact, in May of 2012 MacRostie Winery earned the Certified California sustainable Winegrowing designation!
The grapes for this Chardonnay came from several exceptional Sonoma Coast vineyards, and the list almost reads like a "who's who" of the region. Sangiacomo and Hi Vista vineyards are located in the Carneros region, and MacRostie's talented winemaker Heidi Bridenhagen also works with some amazing Russian River Valley properties, including vineyards owned by the renowned Dutton and Martinelli families. Another key vineyard in this wine is Steve MacRostie's own Wildcat Mountain Vineyard, which is situated high up in the volcanic hills of the Petaluma Gap region. Selected for their cool climates and unique growing conditions, these vineyards lend distinct and complex characteristics to their Sonoma Coast Chardonnay.
- Item #: i_239810Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 92In an effort to produce a wine that pays honorable tribute to the esteemed AVA, Martin Ray sources their grapes from premium sites throughout the region. This blend includes several of the vineyards that have shown as standouts within the vast and rugged Sonoma Coast, most notably Mill Station Vineyard and Cartan Vineyard.
From the cool diurnal shifts in the south, to higher elevations in the North, there is a striking contrast to the concentration of fruit and high acidity. Cool, dry and long growing seasons in this maritime climate are essential, yielding wines of balance and complexity.
JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "Plenty of sliced-apple and cooked-pear aromas follow through to a full body, salty and tangy fruit flavors and a long flavorful finish. Really energetic. Drink or hold."
- Item #: i_240520Bottle Size: 750mlAged for 9 months in French oak, this wine exhibits aromas of golden delicious apple crisp, Meyer lemon blossom, grilled white nectarine, candied pineapple, roasted almonds and warm panettone. Hints of smoke commingle with honeysuckle. With an unctuous and tentacled texture, it has a savory, rich mouthfeel with cascading acidity.
- Item #: i_248670Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 91Jeb Dunnuck: 91 PointsOlema wine is a small collection put out by Amici Cellars; a winery known for their high scoring Napa wines. This particular Chardonnay is sourced mainly from the Russian River Valley with 10% coming from the Sonoma Coast. There is a combination of stainless steel and oak aged Chardonnay blended harmoniously together producing a wine of beautiful balance. Over all this wine is on the crisper end of the spectrum with nice minerality. On the palate it showcases classic green apple notes along with some citrusy tones, stone fruits and hints of saline. This wine making team did an awesome job producing such a great overachiever in this price range.
JEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - "The value-priced 2017 Chardonnay Sonoma Coast way over-delivers and has classic Sonoma Coast character, yet it sells for a song. Lots of tart peach, crushed citrus, and some obvious salinity all emerge from this medium-bodied, vibrant, fresh Chardonnay that's ideal for a house white."
JAMES SUCKLING 91 POINTS - "A very pretty white with sliced apples and peaches on the nose and palate. Medium body. Bright and beautiful. Bright acidity. Delicious vivacity. Clean. Drink now."
- Item #: i_249865Bottle Size: 750MLThis wine embodies the rich diversity of world-class vineyards in the acclaimed Sonoma Coast appellation, and the talents of the gifted winegrowers who farm these sites. Combining fruit from a "who's who" of the appellation's most renowned vineyards, this cuvee includes Sanchietti Vineyard, Gap's Crown Vineyard, Zio Tony Ranch, Dutton Ranch, and Durrell Vineyard. On the nose, aromas of dried orange peel, roasted almond, lemon sugar cookie and green apple are nicely supported by spicy French oak shadings. The mouthfeel is crisp and juicy with cascading, mouthwatering flavors of spicy pear, lime zest, yeast and toffee. The finish is long and focused by crisp acidity leading to lingering flavors that keep pumping.
- Item #: i_249630Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleANTONIO GALLONI 95 POINTS - "Peay was without question of the highlights of my January trip. The wines I tasted for this report are positively stellar, with the sole exception of the Viognier, which was off. In terms of the core wine – the Pinots and the Syrahs – they are all strikingly beautiful, compelling and flat-out gorgeous. I would be thrilled to own and drink them. I can't add much more than that."
"The 2017 Chardonnay Estate is quite deep and almost phenolic in its sense of structure. This a rare Chardonnay that absolutely demands cellaring. Sage, almond, dried pear, chalk, mint, lemon confit and crushed rocks develop with time in the glass, but the 2017 is a wine that will need at least a few years in bottle to start drinking well. Readers should be in no rush."
- Item #: i_277084Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97-99ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97-99 POINTS - "A tank sample, the 2018 Chardonnay Belle Cote comes from a block planted to Old Wente and See Clone selections. In fact, this is from the oldest, 1990 plantings on the estate. Wow—the nose explodes from the glass with powerful scents of guava, quince, tangerine and lime blossoms plus touches of ginger ale, peach cobbler and creme caramel with a waft of struck flint. Medium-bodied, the palate features laser precision with a racy line cutting through the intense, tightly wound, mineral-laced fruit, finishing long and zesty. Should age incredibly! 3,100 cases are due to be made."
- Item #: i_241790Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96-98+ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96-98+ POINTS - "A tank sample, the 2018 Chardonnay la Carriere comes from a block planted to Dijon and Hyde (Old Wente) clone selections. It sashays out of the glass with flamboyant notions of fresh ginger, lemongrass, allspice and orange blossoms over a core of peach preserves, pink grapefruit and apple pie with wafts of baking bread and marzipan. Medium to full-bodied, the texture is simply stunning—so satiny with fantastic tension to counter and layer upon layer of spices and savory flavors, finishing very long and very perfumed. 2,907 cases are due to be made."
- Item #: i_252770Bottle Size: 750MLANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay (Fort Ross-Seaview) is soft, creamy and wonderfully inviting, with notes of lemon confit, white flowers, white pepper and mint. The Fort-Ross Seaview Chardonnay - made entirely from Martinelli's Charles Ranch - takes the place of the former Sonoma Coast bottling. The 2018 finishes with terrific freshness and nuance. This is a gorgeous wine."
- Item #: i_277680Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay Platt Vineyard is racy and alluring from the very first taste. Orange peel, mint, chamomile, dried flowers and buttery notes infuse this sumptuous, oily Chardonnay. The Platt is one of the more overt wines in this range. All of the elements simply fall into place effortlessly. A final note of botrytis-tinged nuance adds to the wine's immeasurable appeal."
- Item #: i_257980Bottle Size: 750MLBold, rich and spicy, with a juicy core of melon, fig, green apple and citrus flavors, shaded by light spicy oak. A poised style of Chardonnay that exhibits a custard-like texture while having an incredible drinkability. This wine is a sure crowd-pleaser.
- Item #: i_276210Bottle Size: 750mlSourced from vineyards that are sustainable or organic, Smoke Tree Chardonnay is anything but typical for California; with elegance and balance, it unites stone fruit and white flower aromatics, flavors of citrus and granny smith apple, and a finish that lingers with acidity and minerality.
- Item #: i_262440Bottle Size: 750mlThis vintage is loaded with aromas of lemon and lime, and accented with hints of Bosc pear, caramel, oak spice and the familiar, flinty, mineral notes that are a defining characteristic of the Les Pierres Vineyard. The citrus flavors of grapefruit and lime are complemented and balanced with toasty, caramelized oak, and spice. The careful approach to oak aging and fermentation creates a round, full mouthfeel with Sonoma-Cutrer's signature bright and lively citrus-laced acidity and a long, lingering finish of nice barrel spice.
- Item #: i_280120Bottle Size: 750mlThis wine is a beautiful pale gold in color tinged with a green hue. The nose gives expansive aromas of pineapple cake, toasted hazelnut, and delicate white flowers. The palate offers up tropical fruit and crème brulee flavors with bright acidity, balanced by a creamy mid-palate texture that is decadent and round. The finish is bright, with a flinty minerality.