- Item #: i_229090Bottle Size: 750mlThe scent of fresh strawberries in the glass is followed by a lively mix of red fruits on the palate. Soaring acidity is sculpted with delicate tannins and a nip of white pepper adds an assertive note to the finish. The Heitz family has developed great affection for Grignolino since they discovered this Italian grape growing on their original site in 1961. Lightly chilled, it is one of their favorite aperitifs, and of course, it is perfect with your favorite Italian meal.
- Item #: i_200007Bottle Size: EACHGREAT NEWS SAM SEBASTIANI IS BACK IN THE WINE BUSINESS!
ONLY 100 CASES PRODUCED EACH VINTAGE
WINE ENTHUSIAST 91 POINTS - "Sonoma Valley stalwart Sam Sebastiani returns to the winemaking fold with this small-production Sangiovese. A juicy study in robust, powerful tannins and fresh plum, it has a trace of anise on the back of the palate. Blended with 8% Petite Sirah and 4% Malbec, it spent a year in older French oak barrels and is a delicious California version of the Italian classic."
FRUIT FORWARD WITH NOTES OF RED RASPBERRY AND DELICATE ROSE PETAL
SHOWCASES HINTS OF SONOMA'S RED SOIL, SIMILAR TO THAT OF THE GRAPE'S NATIVE TUSCANY
-- 2015 PRESS DEMOCRAT NORTH COAST WINE CHALLENGE
-- 2015 SAN FRANCISCO INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION
-- 2014 SAN DIEGO INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION
-- 2014 LOS ANGELES INTERNATIONAL WINE AWARDS
-- 2014 CRITICS CHALLENGE INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION
La Chertosa is named for the magnificent 14th century Renaissance monastery in the Tuscan valley of Farneta, Italy where the Sebastiani ancestral roots began. Here Sam's grandfather Samuele Sebastiani learned from the monks to make wine in the "Old World" style. Samuele came to Sonoma in 1893, and found that Sonoma closely resembled faraway Farneta in three ways; it boasted a mild Mediterranean climate, had the same Mediterranean red soils and was blessed with gently sloping hillsides. He founded Sebastiani Winery in 1904, one of the first wineries in California and employed the time-honored techniques taught him by the Carthusian monks in Farneta, to create in Sonoma, the winemaking style Sam continues in crafting the harmonic flavors in La Chertosa wines.
La Chertosa wines can be purchased at fine wine locations in California, Nebraska and Colorado or by visiting www.lachertosawines.com. La Chertosa will release its 2015 Sonoma Valley Reserve Chardonnay, a 2015 Sonoma Valley Reserve Sangiovese, and the 2015 Amador County Zinfandel shortly. La Chertosa was chosen by Wine Business Monthly a "Hot Brand of 2015" designation.
- Item #: i_256720Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWinemaker's Tasting Notes: "Charbono shows a rare combination for a California red of thorough ripeness and bright tangy acidity. The 2016 Charbono offers ripe, red berry candy, and grape jelly aromas with just a touch of lavender floral character. Very lively acidity and medium body address the palate with very fine gentle tannin. Beautifully balanced. This is a very versatile food wine.
"Charbono is one of the lost grape varieties – almost. Recent reports indicate there are only about 90 acres of this variety in existence, half of this in Napa county. The original cuttings were imported to Calistoga in the Napa Valley from the Savoie region in the French Alps in about 1880. Its original name was Doux Noir, or "soft black," later called Charbonneau (carbon water). Subsequently, Charbono was wiped out in Europe by the Phylloxera root louse infestation.
Some believed it to be the Italian grape variety Dolcetto but this was proven not to be the case through genetic testing. After repeal of Prohibition in the U.S., Charbono was used by Inglenook for blending with their new Cask Cabernet wines and small amounts were bottled as varietal wine. I tasted the 1968 Inglenook Charbono from cask in 1969 and was inspired to become a winemaker with that taste."
- Item #: i_269140Bottle Size: 750mlComing from the McCormick Family's vineyard in Clarksburg, this historic viticulture region has dense clay and loam soils. Fog and cool breezes from San Francisco Bay keep the area cool. Aged for 9 months in neutral French oak, Falanghina is a summer time must have. This gorgeous Italian varietal has a pale yellow hue, showcasing bright aromatics of key-lime zest, mango, underripe guava and nectar peach. The palate offers surprising weight balanced with high acidity. Flavors of green apple, tangy kumquat, pithy grapefruit, and mango give way to a ridiculously long finish. Drink now to 3-5 years.
- Item #: i_268380Bottle Size: 750mlFounded in 2017, Tresomm is a winery based in the Valle de Guadalupe in Baja, Mexico. A project born from the friendship of 3 California Sommeliers, Taylor Grant, Conner Mitchell, and Christopher Miller, M.S. On a whim trip down to the Valle to visit wineries, they were overwhelmed by how connected they felt to the region. On the last visit of the day, they stopped by Bodegas Magoni and tasted the wines with winemaker Camillo Magoni's son in law, Julio. After many laughs (and many glasses), they arranged to come back to meet Camillo.
Originally from Valtellina, Italy, Camillo is a pioneer of the Baja wine industry. He moved to the Valle in 1965 and over the years has planted his vineyards with indigenous European varietals. Taylor, Conner, and Chris partnered with Camillo to produce thought-provoking bottles from organically farmed varieties including Grignoliño, Aligote, and Touriga Nacional.
The Camillie bottling is a wonderful white blend of Cortese, Grillo, Fiano, and Viognier.