- Item #: i_207840Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of 90% Cabernet Franc and 10% Petit Verdot, this wine has a dark garnet core, and a brilliant clarity in the glass. Intense, effusively luscious flavors of ripe red berries with caramelised notes of fig, cherry, and plum, elegantly woven together in barrel. Long-finishing and tannically vivid, yet with a remarkably soft palate.
- Item #: i_210440Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "Lastly, the 2017 Cabernet Franc comes from Napa Valley (I'm not exactly sure where the fruit is from) and is all varietal. It's a more opulent wine than the Cabernet and has considerable fruit, richness, and depth on the palate, loads of dark, chocolaty fruit, and terrific notes of spring flowers, gravelly earth, forest floor, and hints of espresso. Beautifully done and balanced, with sweet tannins, it's a beautiful wine."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2017 Cabernet Franc displays pronounced red and black cherries, mulberries and warm raspberries scents with underlying blueberries, pencil shavings and dried Provence herbs plus a waft of lavender. Medium to full-bodied, the palate offers mouth-filling red and blue fruits with a firm, grainy frame and bold freshness, finishing long and perfumed."
- Item #: i_200420Bottle Size: 750mlThis is only the third release of Le Boucher; a tribute to David Long's father, Donald Long. A blend of 67% Cabernet Franc, 16% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Merlot, and 8% Petit Verdot aged in French oak, of which 84% was new. A deep ruby red color offers aromas of baked cherry, plum and pomegranate; followed by subtle earth tones of cherry wood, toasted oak and bay laurel as well as violet like floral notes. The palate is expansive yet finessed with fine grain tannins and mild acidity while long and persistent. Flavors of boysenberry, cherry and toffee carry a long finish. A deft and precise wine with evolving layers to be best from 2019 to 2029. Only 143 cases were produced!
- Item #: i_216360Bottle Size: 750mlMedium intensity with cranberry, raspberry, dark cherry, and slight toastiness from oak. Soft earthy tannins are balanced perfectly with vibrant acidity. The combination of European and American oak adds layers of spicy flavors.
- Item #: i_232200Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "This was an incredible tasting with winemaker Matt Dees. This estate continues to produce some of the most impressive, long-lived wines in Santa Barbara."
"The inky colored 2009 El Alma de Jonata, which was made from 70% Cabernet Franc, 20% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Merlot and 1% Petit Verdot, is no less impressive, exhibiting rich, full notes of cigar, chocolate, tobacco leaf and crushed rock notes to go with a massively built, structured profile on the palate. Very full-bodied and one big wine, it can be enjoyed now or cellared for a decade. Drink now-2023."
- Item #: i_232250Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 99 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 99 POINTS - "The 2016 El Alma de Jonata is the Cabernet Franc-dominated cuvee. (There's 11% Cabernet Sauvignon and 3% Merlot in the blend.) This beauty sports an inky color as well as Cheval Blanc-like notes of black cherries, cassis, crushed flowers, graphite and lead pencil. The suppleness and sexiness of the 2016 vintage has worked magic on this wine, which is incredibly opulent, expansive and seamless on the palate, with awesome purity of fruit, present tannins, and a huge finish. It's a tour de force from Santa Barbara that's up with the best in the world."
- Item #: i_235140Bottle Size: 750mlIn the heart of Napa Valley's Calistoga region lies a property that amazes both the sightseer, and the winemaker. Tom Kenefick's vineyard has been the source for many high-scoring wines from Lewis, Behren's and Hitchcock, and Cade.
Aged for 18 months in 65% new French oak, this wine has bright briary fruit nuance, dried cherry notes, and Baker's Chocolate greet the nose. Softly rounded tannins, underlined by cassis, and hints of creme brulee. Good to drink now but is a contender for cellaring 10 to 15 years.
- Item #: i_236560Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97This Cabernet Franc wine comes from an exceptional little vineyard planted in 1976 next to La Jota's century-old stone winery on Howell Mountain. Grafted onto resistant St. George rootstock, it escaped the ravages of phylloxera to become one of the oldest Cabernet Franc vineyards in Napa County. The old vines self-regulate so there's no need to thin crop, pull leaves, or in any other way adjust the grape-to-canopy ratio. Year after year, the grapes are intensely flavored and beautifully balanced. Not many wineries produce Cabernet Franc and this wine definitely captures the essence of La Jota terroir.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "The deep garnet-purple colored 2016 Cabernet Franc Howell Mountain (100% Cabernet Franc) gives up exuberant bramble fruits, baked raspberries, mulberries and wild blueberries with suggestions of pencil shavings, kirsch, rose hip tea and tobacco leaf. Full-bodied and with a very firm frame of ripe, grainy tannins, it has wonderful perfume and depth, finishing long and mineral laced. 537 cases produced."
- Item #: i_247600Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ENTHUSIAST - Vanilla bean, blackberry and bramble berry aromas are teased by star anise on the nose. The smooth palate is juicy with acidity and flavors of cranberry, raspberry and plum. Crushed velvet tannins add depth along with flavors of kitchen herbs, a sprinkle of pepper and a drop of vanilla. Baking spice appears on the finish ending on a savory note with red plum.
- Item #: i_270980Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98ROBERT PARKER 98 POINTS - "This winery, one of the gems of the Kendall-Jackson portfolio of boutique wineries, debuted in 1998 and has been hitting on all cylinders since. I suspect top priority is given to Bordelais winemaker Pierre Seillan's choice of the finest fruit he can find from Jackson's holdings in Alexander Valley, Chalk Hill and Knights Valley."
"The 2014 Le Desir (53% Cabernet Franc, 21% Merlot, 21% Cabernet Sauvignon and 5% Malbec) has an inky purple color and a sweet kiss of chocolate, black truffle, forest floor, black raspberry and black currants. Opulent, but again structured and super-dense and pure, this is another massively concentrated wine meant for the long haul (and for our grandchildren). Give it 4-6 years of cellaring and drink it over the following 35-40 years. Remarkably, Pierre Seillan told me that 2014, while a drought year, was not actually that hot in the micro-terroirs he was working, but in terms of quality, it turned out to be the most surprisingly positive vintage he’s ever witnessed."
- Item #: i_270800Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 99Jeb Dunnuck: 99 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 99 POINTS - "The 2016 Le Desir checks in as 82% Cabernet Franc, 12% Merlot, and 6% Malbec. Readers looking for world-class Cabernet Franc should beg, borrow, or steal to get hold of a bottle of this. Incredible floral, violet, forest floor, lead pencil, and cassis notes all flow to a medium to full-bodied red that's flawlessly balanced, has ultra-fine tannins, and a finish that won't quit. More intellectual and elegant than the La Joie, it's still a wine of incredible intensity and class that builds incrementally on the palate, has an exotic, singular character, and the class to evolve for 30 years or more."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 99 POINTS - "Composed of 82% Cabernet Franc, 12% Merlot and 6% Malbec, the very deep purple-black colored 2016 Le Desir is a little closed to begin, opening out to reveal absolutely stunning scents of potpourri, roses and orange peel over a core of crushed blackcurrants, black cherries and dark chocolate with touches of cinnamon stick and cloves plus a waft of forest floor. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is exquisitely delicate and refined, with super ripe, fine-grained tannins and wonderful freshness, finishing with epic persistence. 3,500 cases produced."