- Item #: i_205510Bottle Size: 750mlWe feel that Bogle has one of the most solid wine portfolios in the business, and they prove that it doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg! The Bogle family has been farming since the mid 1800’s and their reputation has continued to grow. The fact that they want to sell wines that people can actually afford doesn’t hurt, either. Cabernet Sauvignon is a grape that takes its own sweet time, slowly lingering to ripen on the vine. We are rewarded by its reluctance.
Ripe cherries and vivid plums create a welcome first impression, while touches of earth tones and leather nestle themselves among the fruit. Sixteen months in American barrels have produced wisps of tobacco leaf and notes of spicy cigar box. With well-integrated tannins and a rich and round finish, this wine is sure to be a favorite.
- Item #: i_206425Bottle Size: 750mlRich, round and flush with flavor. Aromas of blackberry and cassis with hints of spice and toasted oak are complemented by flavors of plum, black cherry and soft oak tannins.
- Item #: i_212040Bottle Size: 750mlJust as Cabernet is considered by many to be the "king" of all red wines, the carnivore in nature similarly sits atop the food chain. This Carnivor is a great Cab for the holidays-- it is bold, brash, but still very balanced wine. Carnivor starts and stays big: the nose is loaded with red and dark fruits with a touch of pepper/brown spices and earth. The palate continues with forward fruit (cherry and plum), more spice, earth, baker's chocolate and a soupcon of espresso. Following fermentation, Merlot was added to the wine, lending a touch of finesse to the power and structure of the Cabernet Sauvignon. Appropriate acidity keeps the palate from becoming cloying. The finish is long and rich with reverberations of fruit and earth. A large portion of the fruit for the Carnivor came from select vineyards in Lodi, where daytime heat and delta cooling in the evening help to produce intense ripe fruit.
Carnivor is a fantastic Cab-- it drinks way above its price point, has plenty of depth with ample fruit, earth and spice in its profile, has the backbone to pair with foods (and the fruit to enjoy solo) and will be a definite crowd-pleaser. It's good to be the king!
- Item #: i_212415Bottle Size: 750mlColby Red is a delicious red wine dedicated to raising funds for cardiac research. It is a unique blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Syrah, Petite Sirah and Merlot that is rich and smooth.
This wine is named in honor of Colby Rex Groom, 16 year old son of Winemaker Daryl and Lisa Groom, who just prior to his 10th birthday underwent back to back open-heart surgeries. Colby is now living a healthy and happy life. With your support, over $1,000,000 is expected to be raised and donated to the American Heart Association and other Heart Health causes through sales of Colby Red.Now $1,500,OOO (12/12/2019)
"Colby Red is a wine for sheer delicious enjoyment. While it's a great wine with food, it tastes best in the company of good friends and family, savored with an appreciation of the gifts each moment brings." — Daryl Groom, Winemaker
- Item #: i_227420Bottle Size: 750mlGuenoc is part of the Langtry Estate, purchased by well-known personality and actress Lillie Langtry (1853-1929) in 1888. The Langtry Estate is located in the picturesque Guenoc Valley of Lake County, CA. With over 23,000 acres of land (Lillie’s initial purchase was for 4,200 acres), Langtry’s vast property spans throughout Lake County and into the northern tip of Napa Valley.
The Guenoc Lake County Wines are produced at their Lake County Winery from primarily estate grown fruit. Known as perennial “best buys”, these wines deliver the goods when it comes to quality-- and once the wine buyers tasted it, we knew we had “The One” when this was featured as a "Wine of the Month" (we’re suckers for excellent juice at fair prices!).
The nose on this California Cab is classic California-- plenty of ripe red fruits, cherries, redcurrant, with a layer of carob/chocolate and earthy dust. In the mouth, the fruit flavors are quite forward, with sweet cherries again in the lead, as cherry cousins (cola, lambic, Kirsch) tag along. Acidity is ample and keeps the sweet fruit honest as a hint of rose petal and more loamy earth and a brush of cocoa expands the profile. This is both an easy-drinker and comfy quaffer-- but it also keeps one foot in the erudite row of wine profiles with depth and range of flavors, full frontal acidity and smooth tannins.
- Item #: i_245500Bottle Size: 750MLIn a world where our competitors use the term too loosely, this wine truly is one that over delivers vis-à-vis its price point! Sourced from prime vineyards throughout California, Heavyweight packs quite a punch for the money, making it a Cabernet that will rival bottlings well above its small asking price. It is a knockout of a wine, with a dark ruby/garnet color, and rich, ripe, vibrant aromas of cherry, currant, raspberries, vanilla, and crème de cassis. Flamboyant and fruit-driven, the flavors of boysenberry, raspberry, cherry, and oak are brought together by additions of Syrah and Zin, giving the wine a touch of spice, richness, and soft, silky tannins.
- Item #: i_275832Bottle Size: 750mlLine 39's Cabernet Sauvignon exhibits rich fruit flavors of currant, blackberry, and ripe plum with hints of black tea on the palate. The wine finishes with subtle, smooth tannins that don't overpower this easy-to-drink Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Item #: i_271660Bottle Size: 750mlCalifornia Cabernet is a natural focus for us at Hi-Time, with our heritage in the Golden State, and a great grape to highlight during December, when family gatherings, office parties, end-of-the-year celebrations and lots more is going on. Central Coast fruit and a balanced use of American White Oak make for a good marriage. The nose is full of ripe red berry fruits, cherries and raspberries with a hint of strawberry, balanced by light spice and a touch of cocoa. Upon tasting, the sweet red berries are supported by subtle acidity and soft tannins. The finish shows a touch of cherry cola and black cherry as the flavors last and last. This is a crowd-pleaser, an easy-drinker and just plain tasty-and will fit just about any situation during this busy season.