- Item #: i_214810Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2017 Bodyguard is a sleek yet powerful blend of 60% Petit Verdot and 40% Petite Sirah, displaying both opulence and structure. This wine presents fragrant fruit aromas of blackberry, raspberry, currant and creme de cassis. Notes of cocoa, coffee, dark chocolate, licorice and sweet cherry pipe tobacco are rounded out with whispers of truffle, toffee, mocha and menthol. A juicy, fleshy palate offers bright, generous flavors of cherry, cranberry, strawberry and blueberry tinged with black raspberry and tamarind—all supported by underlying accents of dusty leather, pencil shavings, cigar box and crushed herbs. An elegantly styled and beautifully structured finish reverberates with focused energy, vibrant berry fruit and ripe, polished tannins.
- Item #: i_206494Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of 64% Petite Sirah, 23% Syrah, 10% Zinfandel, 2% Lagrein, and 1% Tannat, the 2017 Pessimist has a powerful and intensely aromatic nose that ascends to greet you with blueberry, boysenberry and black plum fragrance. Evolving layers reveal elderberry and truffle, with cocoa and cardamom spice accents, further augmented by hints of eucalyptus, leather, cherry pipe tobacco and grilled meats. Broad and expansive on the palate, bestowing lush and generous flavors of black cherry, blueberry, creme de cassis and damp forest floor. Notes of lavender, anise and black olives complement the rich fruit. Massive in weight yet elegantly structured, this wine is a powerhouse that reveals itself in controlled stages .
- Item #: i_214880Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Jeb Dunnuck: 97 PointsThe greatness of DAOU Mountain was foretold many decades ago when renowned winemaking authority Andre Tchelistcheff hailed it as "A JEWEL OF ECOLOGICAL ELEMENTS."
The calcareous clay soil here is comparable to Bordeaux's Right Bank, while the buffered Pacific microclimate is similar to Saint Helena-- a perfect confluence of elements. DAOU Mountain is blessed with extraordinary phenolic output, yielding some of the darkest, most deeply textured wines in the world. These wines are never acidified, as the ideal level of acidity comes naturally.
"Our wines are natural and pure: handpicked, hand-made and always free of artificial additives." All fruit from DAOU Mountain is handpicked, then sorted both by human eye and cutting-edge optical technology to ensure absolute fruit purity. Using only 100 percent free run juice, Winemaker Daniel Daou initiates fermentation with native yeasts cultivated from the estate. Each fermentation is customized by measuring phenolic composition and using sensory analysis, enabling Daniel to orchestrate natural balance and texture.
"We are committed to multifaceted sustainable practices that have earned our vineyard SIP (Sustainability in Practice) certification. The flavors and aromas you experience in DAOU wines originate from the earth and are poured into each bottle with an acute mindfulness for human and environmental well-being. ”
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "The 2017 Soul Of A Lion is a blend of 80% Cabernet Sauvignon, 12% Cabernet Franc and 8% Petit Verdot aged 22 months in 100% new French oak. It has a deep ruby-purple color and wonderfully unique expression, with scents of forest floor, underbrush, English breakfast tea, espresso, blackcurrant bud, dark chocolate and exotic flowers mingling over a core of perfectly ripe wild blackberries and Morello cherries, all complemented by a classy framing of new oak spices. The medium to full-bodied palate is slow to unfurl, with a frame like liquid silk and a very long finish that gives up layer after layer of nuanced flavors. Wow!"
JEB DUNNUCK 96 POINTS - "The 2017 Soul Of A Lion offers a forward, bona fide fruit bomb style yet has plenty of class. A sweet nose of cassis, Asian spice, cedar box, and chocolate gives way to a full-bodied, hedonistic 2017 that stays balanced and layered. This cuvee always delivers and the 2017 is just an incredible drink."
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 95-96 POINTS - "Inky ruby. Primary dark berry, cherry pit and pipe tobacco aromas are complemented by hints of vanillin oak, mocha and baking spices. Broad and fleshy in the mouth, offering sweet black cherry and cassis flavors and suggestions of dark chocolate, espresso and vanilla. Becomes smokier with air and finishes with superb clarity and strong, spicy persistence. (raised in new French oak barrels for 22 months)"
- Item #: i_214330Bottle Size: 750mlAnybody who has walked into our store asking for a great Cabernet recommendation has sure heard us talking up the Desparada wines from winemaker Valia Esh. Valia is a lady who has managed to understand winemaking quicker and with more detail than many other winemakers...to a point where others are jealous! This year's Soothsayer is comprised of 44% Barbera, 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, and 16% nebbiolo from Spanish Springs, Star Lane, Luna Matta, and Chelle Mountain.
- Item #: i_218980Bottle Size: 750mlRoosevelt Vineyard was planted in 1993 and has quickly become Elk Cove's most prized vineyard site. A four-acre high-density (2100 vines per acre) planting situated just south of the winery on Willakenzie soils, Roosevelt's south-facing hillside slopes to a steep precipice overlooking the magnificent Williams Canyon. Roosevelt undergoes extensive pruning and cluster thinning to limit yields and maximize ripening to concentrate the fruit and is managed using completely organic practices. All of these elements combine to consistently produce one of Oregon's finest Pinot Noirs.
This expansive wine begins with a walk through the forest: cedar and huckleberry are followed by candied orange, coffee and fennel. After a succulent entry, seamless layers demand attention with big cherry, raspberry and currant complemented by a savory seam of dark chocolate and tea.
- Item #: i_220040Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 96 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 96 POINTS - "A gorgeously sweet nose of blackcurrants, dried flowers, Asian spice, and loamy earth and chocolate emerges from the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer Las Piedras Vineyard. Deeply concentrated, with a light, elegant texture, beautiful tannins, and a great finish, this stunning wine is already beautiful but will shine for 15 years or more."
- Item #: i_220015Bottle Size: 1.5LCrafted by perhaps the #1 undiscovered talent in Napa today, winemaker Benoit Touguette, was Andy Erickson's right hand man, managing day-to-day wine production at Screaming Eagle during the 2005/2006 vintages (both 98 points) and the legendary 2007 vintage (100 points). Benoit also happens to be the French protege of world-famous winemaker Michel Rolland and assisted him along with Andy Erickson in launching Ovid. Today, Benoit is leveraging his substantial talent and connections in Napa to craft just five barrels of a glorious micro-production Cabernet under his new personal label he calls Fait Main which means "hand-crafted" in French. The fruit for this Cabernet Sauvignon comes from prime vineyards in Pritchard Hill, Saint Helena, Calistoga, Oakville, and Yountville.
- Item #: i_220010Bottle Size: 750mlCrafted by perhaps the #1 undiscovered talent in Napa today, winemaker Benoit Touguette, was Andy Erickson's right hand man, managing day-to-day wine production at Screaming Eagle during the 2005/2006 vintages (both 98 points) and the legendary 2007 vintage (100 points). Benoit also happens to be the French protege of world-famous winemaker Michel Rolland and assisted him along with Andy Erickson in launching Ovid. Today, Benoit is leveraging his substantial talent and connections in Napa to craft just five barrels of a glorious micro-production Cabernet under his new personal label he calls Fait Main which means "hand-crafted" in French. The fruit for this Cabernet Sauvignon comes from prime vineyards in Pritchard Hill, Saint Helena, Calistoga, Oakville, and Yountville.
- Item #: i_219760Bottle Size: 750mlThe Martin Stelling Vineyard, located behind the winery in Oakville, is the cornerstone of Far Niente Cabernet Sauvignon. Planted on some of the most beautiful, gravelly loam soil in the Napa Valley, the vineyard uniformly produces wines with supple tannins, bright, forward fruit, and beautiful tannin structure.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate Bottled is blended of 95.5% Cabernet Sauvignon, 3.25% Petit Verdot and 0.25% Malbec. Deep purple-black colored, it has pronounced black currant pastilles, black cherry compote and red currant preserves notes with touches of dried herbs, unsmoked cigars and fallen leaves plus a waft of cedar. Medium to full-bodied, it has a firm texture of grainy tannins and oodles of freshness supporting the muscular black fruit, finishing with an herbal lift."
- Item #: i_219740Bottle Size: 750mlPlease Note: This is the Napa Valley bottling; NOT the Oakville!!
Lifted aromas of boysenberry and dark cherry with bright floral notes and hints of sweet toasted oak that jump from the glass at the very first swirl. A silky and lush entry with boysenberry and cherry flavors, light hint of dusty earth and spiced oak, refined and smooth tannins for a long juicy finish.
- Item #: i_219670Bottle Size: 750MLThe 2017 Faust Cabernet is a blend of their estate vineyards in Coombsville and Rutherford and mountain sourcing in Atlas Peak, Mount Veeder and Howell Mountain. Intense yet fresh with juicy blue and black notes. Notes of dark chocolate and dried herbs seduce the palate while silky tannins and lifting acidity leads to a layered and lingering finish.
- Item #: i_223320Bottle Size: 750mlKnown for taking the road less traveled Michael David Winery has always stood apart from the crowd. Whether it be their outlandish brands and packaging or their quirky personalities, Michael and David are definitely on a stage of their own and this wine showcases just that. The fruit for this brute of a Cab comes from the original "super freak", Michael Phillips vineyard located only a medicine balls toss away from the winery.
- Item #: i_225670Bottle Size: 750MLThe fruit for the Ghost Block Cabernet Sauvignon comes from the family's own Rock Carin Vineyard in Napa’s famed Oakville AVA. This site is comprised of deep gravelly loam with a perfect western exposure and has an established a history of producing very concentrated fruit, all certified organically grown.
Very elegant and appealing aromas beam from your glass. This wine has juicy red cherry notes, along with ripe, red berry flavors. Cocoa and vanilla notes are well integrated into the fruit components. The silky, soft tannins confirm the harmonious balance between alcohol and tannin- creating an overall perfect balance in this wine. The finish is lengthy and beautiful, you won't wont to stop sipping on this 2017 Oakville Cabernet.
- Item #: i_228180Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of 82% Cabernet Sauvignon and 18% Petite Sirah, Synthesis is an approachable Cabernet Sauvignon blend that has aromas of both red and black fruits and cassis, followed by flavors of black cherry and plums. Smooth and approachable, this wine is great on its own, but also pairs with virtually everything.
- Item #: i_228020Bottle Size: 750MLCabernet Sauvignon is Halter Ranch's most widely planted varietal with over one-hundred acres under vine. The 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon possesses a classic profile with aromas of red and black currants and graphite. Bright and fresh on the palate, this wine has flavors of red fruits and black cherries. A balanced mid-palate and well-integrated tannins lead to a long seamless finish. Delicious now, this wine will continue to develop for years to come. Pair with wood-fired pizza, braised game, and roasted or grilled meats.
- Item #: i_228140Bottle Size: 750mlAncestor is Halter Ranch's Bordeaux-style reserve blend, it is their flagship wine (think along the lines of Joseph Phelps' Insignia or Justin's Isosceles), and an homage to the heart and soul of their property, the Ancestor Tree. This tree is one of the largest coast live oaks on record, and is nestled amongst the vines of block eleven. A blend of 55% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Petit Verdot, and 15% Malbec, grapes were destemmed and fermented in closed top fermentors, with open pump-overs two to three times daily for an average of 16 days, then aged for 18 months in French oak barrels.
Carefully selected barrels were blended for this cuvee which offers aromas of berry compote and baking spices. Rich and powerful, flavors of boysenberry, cassis, and graphite with a long silky mouthfeel that leads to a well-structured finish. Ancestor pairs well with beef, lamb, and game. Enjoy now, or set aside for a special occasion, as this wine will develop beautifully for years to come.
- Item #: i_228430Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93Winemaker's Tasting Notes: "Vibrant aromas of pomegranate, ripe cherry and orange peel are given complexity by notes of sweet pipe tobacco, gunpowder, damp earth and mocha. On the palate, the powerful flavors of pomegranate and plum are carried by a supple, silky texture and beautifully balanced acidity."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Delicate and fine-edged, with rose petal and forest floor notes to the savory flavors of dried red fruit and spice. Crushed stone and minerally details show on the finish. Drink now through 2023."
- Item #: i_228230Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Jeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsMade from grapes grown on the Lewelling Family Ranch in the Napa Valley at the base of St. Helena's western hills, the 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon was aged 20 months in 70% new French oak barrels. It is 96% Cabernet, 4% Petit Verdot, and 100% Lewelling Ranch. Lewelling's hallmark bright ruby fruit is balanced with notes of licorice and undertones of loamy soil, coupled with moderate tannin for structure and longevity.
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "Haley Wight continues to make wines under her own Hayfork label. They deliver both quality and value. The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Lewelling Ranch reveals a ruby/purple hue as well as a spicy bouquet of mulberries, blueberries, tobacco leaf, and chocolate. These all carry to the palate, where the wine is medium to full-bodied, has an opulent texture, and a great finish. It's both complex and hedonistic, and you can drink bottles today or cellar for 10-15 years if you're so inclined."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Lewelling Ranch, containing 4% Petit Verdot, was aged 20 months in 75% new French oak. Medium to deep garnet-purple colored, it springs from the glass with energetic red and black currants, blackberry preserves and black forest cake notes with hints of bay leaves and fragrant earth. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is filled with juicy black fruit and red fruit accents, framed by ripe, grainy tannins, finishing with lovely freshness. 620 cases made."
- Item #: i_274420Bottle Size: 750mlThis only the 5th time that Russel From has made Bolt Cutter. This wine is a swerve from the historically Rhone focus of Herman Story. The name is a playful nod to Russel P. From's most iconic wine: Nuts and Bolts. This is Herman Story for the "I only drink Napa Cab" crowd.
A blend of 48% Cabernet Sauvignon, 27% Petit Verdot, and 25% Syrah, Russel writes his tasting notes like a story. This one goes "You know him only by his ring name, Rage, but he just took home the bare-knuckle brawling belt in a vicious onslaught of left jabs and right hooks. Still bleeding from his eye, he exits the makeshift parking lot ring, flips off the crowd, and hops in his black-on-black Silverado. On the way home, he picks up his lavender-shampooed Bichon Frise from the groomer, a dozen roses for his wife, and the poet laureate's newest chapbook. He's got a bookshelf next to his barbells and a spice garden not far from his speed bag, where he eats plums and sips kopi luwak coffee. You might think that makes him soft, but you wouldn't dare say it to his face."
- Item #: i_230060Bottle Size: 750mlAllomi Cabernet Sauvignon offers distinct notes of vanilla and oak spice with red fruit flavors set off by flavors of currant and blackberry with integrated tannins and a round, plush mouthfeel.
- Item #: i_230190Bottle Size: 750MLMichael and James Stewart have teamed up with world-renowned winemaker Paul Hobbs to craft noteworthy Cabernet Sauvignons, Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays from California. The wines have become favorites with both customers and staff; a few years ago they came out with Hollis-- a second label to showcase their house style at a more affordable price.
Fruit forward, well balanced, with well integrated French oak, this wine is sure to be a crowd pleaser. With fruit sourced from Max Vineyard, Hollis is crafted with the help of their consulting winemaker, Paul Hobbs.
- Item #: i_238040Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWinemaker's Notes: "The 2017 J. Lohr Hilltop Cabernet Sauvignon shows splendid ripe fruit, Cocoa powder, and graphite on the nose. The palate comes across dense chalky and soft, with layers of blackcurrant, mineral, and notes of toasted pastry."
- Item #: i_238120Bottle Size: 750MLHilltop Cabernet Sauvignon is grown on a handful of select vineyard sites in the Paso Robles AVA. Blessed with long summer days of intense sunshine, their near 100°F daytime temperatures are followed by chilly, ocean-cooled nights in the 50s. These Cabernet vines are naturally stressed in the dry, often very gravelly, and sometimes lime shale-laden soils. Water is at a premium in these vineyards, enabling the viticulturist to fine-tune irrigation, producing the darkest fruit with resolved tannins year after year.
- Item #: i_238130Bottle Size: 375ML**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWinemaker's Tasting Notes: "The 2017 J. Lohr Estates Seven Oaks Cabernet Sauvignon is dark and dense to the rim of the glass. Layered aromas of black currant, blueberry and cherry are accentuated by an authentic barrel bouquet of hazelnut, cocoa powder, and dark roasted coffee. High-toned red berry fruit strikes the fore-palate, and follows with brigh acidity and a full structure that is both dense and soft at once."
- Item #: i_238170Bottle Size: 750mlComprised primarily of Cabernet Sauvignon and Petite Sirah, with smaller amounts of Merlot, Petit Verdot, and Malbec.