- Item #: i_208450Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 95 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 95 POINTS - "Sinewy, earthy and full of spice, this well-made wine is lush and sumptuous, with firm, focused tannins and integrated oak. Black cherry, cinnamon and nutmeg meld on the structured, fullbodied palate, with a graceful hint of dark chocolate on the finish. This will do well in the cellar; enjoy 2025–2030."
Many years of farming and crafting Cabernet Sauvignon in the Napa Valley across appellations as diverse as Oakville, Howell Mountain, Stags Leap District and St. Helena, has helped the Nickel Family to intimately know the very best sites — each with its defining characteristics — from which to create Bella Union Cabernet.
Upon first sip, Bella Union offers exuberant plum and black cherry aromas, signature notes of the Bella Union Vineyard. The wine is luscious with supple tannins that provide a framework for longevity. The finish lingers with persistent fruit flavors and notes of toasty oak, black pepper and espresso bean.
- Item #: i_204350Bottle Size: 750mlThis wine was made with grapes grown with certified sustainable farming methods. Benziger's sustainable philosophy promotes natural vineyard management, restoration of the land and biodiversity on the estate. Benziger's Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon is very inviting with aromas of black olive and savory, dark fruit. Its well weighted structure and integrated tannins add a light chalkiness to the palate. Flavors of black currant, Bing cherry and juicy plum endure from start to finish, as hints of tea and cocoa help support the mid-palate.
- Item #: i_277886Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95+Jeb Dunnuck: 97 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "I was able to taste to two vintages of the Private Reserve, and the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Private Reserve comes from a vintage loved by the estate. The final blend is the normal 97% Cabernet Sauvignon, 2% Cabernet Franc, and the rest Petit Verdot brought up in 85% new French oak. This full-bodied, ripe, voluptuous beauty shows the vintage to a T, offering a blast of sweet blackcurrants, licorice, ground herbs, and graphite aromas and flavors. Blockbuster styled, with full body and an expansive, sexy texture, it has the depth and density to continue drinking brilliantly for 20+ years."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95+ POINTS - "Containing the tiniest splashes of Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Private Reserve has a deep garnet-purple color and nose of plum preserves, baked blackberries and cassis with hints of menthol, sandalwood and chocolate box. Full-bodied with soft, seductive tannins and a lively backbone supporting the generous, ripe, opulent fruit, it has a decadent spiciness and great length."
- Item #: i_202860Bottle Size: 750MLWhile this is typically a Cabernet Sauvignon-dominated blend, Merlot stole the show in 2012, so this year's blend is comprised of 52% Merlot, 27% Cabernet Sauvignon, 11% Cabernet Franc, 7% Petit Verdot, and 3% Malbec. Very deeply-colored, the aromas exude beautifully ripened red fruits accented by subtle spice notes. The mouthfeel is very soft and full expressing delicious flavors of ripe cherry and plum. The finish is well structured with soft tannins promising a long life for this superb bottle, similar to a fine Bordeaux.
- Item #: i_202670Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 90 POINTS - "(aged in a 50/50 combination of French and American oak, 35 percent of it new) Inky ruby. Ripe cherry, dark berries and a hint of vanilla on the perfumed nose. Sweet, seamless dark fruit, mocha and spicecake flavors put on weight and gain energy with air. Rich yet lively; a peppery element adds cut to the long, focused finish, and fine-grained tannins add grip."
- Item #: i_210600Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "Moving to the reds, the 2016 Pinot Noir The Coast is drinking beautifully today and offers a complex bouquet of mint laced black cherries, clove, and cinnamon as well as some classic California conifer tree notes. Medium to full-bodied, with outstanding purity of fruit and great balance, drink it over the coming 7-8 years or so."
- Item #: i_205510Bottle Size: 750mlWe feel that Bogle has one of the most solid wine portfolios in the business, and they prove that it doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg! The Bogle family has been farming since the mid 1800’s and their reputation has continued to grow. The fact that they want to sell wines that people can actually afford doesn’t hurt, either. Cabernet Sauvignon is a grape that takes its own sweet time, slowly lingering to ripen on the vine. We are rewarded by its reluctance.
Ripe cherries and vivid plums create a welcome first impression, while touches of earth tones and leather nestle themselves among the fruit. Sixteen months in American barrels have produced wisps of tobacco leaf and notes of spicy cigar box. With well-integrated tannins and a rich and round finish, this wine is sure to be a favorite.
- Item #: i_204590Bottle Size: 750mlA new California Cabernet Sauvignon, Bonanza is produced by Chuck Wagner, owner and winemaker of Caymus Vineyards. It reflects the "bonanza" of the great state of California – the discovery of land where delicious Cabernet can be farmed. Calling back to a time when good wine with dinner was a simple pleasure, Bonanza features flavors of dark berries, vanilla and toasty bread with silky tannins.
- Item #: i_204460Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97Jeb Dunnuck: 99 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 99 POINTS - "Another gem in the lineup, the 2015 Melbury has a more feminine, elegant, seamless profile that certainly doesn't lack for fruit. Loaded with notions of cassis, blueberries, flowers, and violets, it's ethereal and elegant on the palate, with sweet fruit and opulence galore. It picks up ample tannins as well as mid-palate depth with time in the glass, is perfectly balanced, and has another 3-4 decades of longevity."
ANTONIO GALLONI 98 POINTS - "The more time passes, the more I think Melbury may turn out to be one of the most complete wines in the BOND range. The 2016 and 2015 both make a very strong case for that view. Tasted from bottle, the 2015 is exceptionally beautiful and vivid. Blood orange, mint and floral notes add nuance to an unbelievably polished, refined Cabernet Sauvignon. Put simply, the 2015 Melbury is a total stunner and every bit as captivating as it was last year."
ROBERT PARKER 97 POINTS - "Bottled in early 2018, the 2015 Melbury is deep garnet-purple colored with beautiful redcurrant jelly and creme de cassis notes with savory notions of tobacco, black olives and smoked meats plus a waft of lavender. The palate is full-bodied, firm and grainy, with a lively line lifting the perfumed, savory layers, finishing long."
- Item #: i_208870Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 100Jeb Dunnuck: 98 PointsROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "Bottled in early 2018, the 2015 Pluribus is deep purple-black colored with minted cassis, pencil shavings and tobacco over a core of black plums, black berry preserves and mulberries plus hints of Chinese five spice and dried lavender. Big, rich, bold and decadent, it has a firm line of super ripe, grainy tannins and fantastic freshness lifting the generous flavors to a long finish."
JEB DUNNUCK 98+ POINTS - "The 2015 Pluribus comes from the highest elevation vineyard in the lineup, located halfway up Spring Mountain on a southeast facing parcel of volcanic and Aiken soils. Classic Spring Mountain conifer and bay leaf notes are balanced by loads of sweet blue fruits, lavender, and exotic flower nuances. As with all the 2015s, it's full-bodied and beautifully textured, with a seamless, pure, layered style that carries the sexy vibe of the vintage beautifully. Drink it any time over the coming 30+ years."
ANTONIO GALLONI 98 POINTS - "All the elements come together beautifully in the 2015 Pluribus, a wine that captures all the best this challenging vintage had to offer. Inky red/purplish fruit, lavender, rose petal, blood orange and mint are some of the many notes that take shape. Powerful and beautifully layered in the glass, the 2015 has more than enough fruit and overall richness to play off the structure that is such a signature of this Spring Mountain wine. Complete, multi-dimensional and stunning in its beauty, the 2015 Pluribus is a fitting conclusion to this flight of 2015s from BOND."
- Item #: i_208800Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97Jeb Dunnuck: 97 PointsANTONIO GALLONI 97 POINTS - "The Quella is somber and brooding in 2015. Dark cherry, plum smoke, tobacco, leather, spice and scorched earth give the 2015 distinctive baritone inflections. There is quite a bit of density and textural resonance, but at the same time, the Quella is not particularly expressive. Perhaps bottling has affected the Quella more than it has the other wines in the range, as it was quite showy from barrel. I have seen Quella go through a period of reticence after bottling, so I won't be at all surprised if all it needs is time."
JEB DUNNICK 97 POINTS - "The 2015 Quella is a darker, more mineral-laced wine and offers a classic Quella bouquet of black fruits, black truffle, tobacco, and dried earth. It's full-bodied, deep and layered on the palate, with ripe, present tannins and terrific elegance as well as purity. It has the balance and texture to shine today, yet the class to evolve for 20 years or more."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "Bottled in early 2018, the deep garnet-purple colored 2015 Quella gives aromas of blackcurrants, black cherries and mulberries with touches of tobacco, new leather, iron ore and truffles plus a hint of tree back. The palate is full-bodied, muscular and laden with earth and mineral layers, finishing with persistent savory notes."
- Item #: i_204520Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 99Jeb Dunnuck: 100 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 100 POINTS - "Moving to the 2015s tasted from bottle, this is an incredible vintage for this estate and there are two perfect wines in the lineup. First up, the 2015 St. Eden, from a hillside of red volcanic soils near Oakville, boasts a saturated purple color and heavenly notes of blackcurrants, scorched earth, lead pencil shavings, and huge crushed rock-like minerality. It's full-bodied, deep, and layered on the palate, with incredible concentration, yet it stays seamless, pure, and perfectly balanced. It's a magical wine to drink over the coming 2-3 decades."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 99 POINTS - "Bottled in early 2018, the deep garnet-purple colored 2015 St. Eden springs from the glass with exuberant blueberry pie, potpourri and spice cake scents followed by a black raspberry, cassis and preserved plums core plus a touch of wild sage. Full-bodied, plush and decadently fruited, it completely packs the palate with layer upon layer of black fruit preserves, finishing very long with those spices coming through."
ANTONIO GALLONI 96 - "The 2015 St. Eden is another wine in this lineup that is not quite as expressive as it can be. Firm tannins dominate over softer contours that so often make St. Eden such an alluring wine. Time in the glass brings out an attractive set of dark cherry, plum, leather and tobacco notes. Even so, the 2015 is going to need a number of years to be at its very best. "
- Item #: i_204770Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98Jeb Dunnuck: 100 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 100 POINTS - "Also pure perfection in a glass, the 2015 Vecina comes from an east-facing site located not far from the Harlan Estate. It was previously a terraced vineyard but was replanted when they opted to remove the terraces 7-8 years ago. Totally thrilling notes of creme de cassis, lead pencil, barbecue, white chocolate, and spring flower notes all flow to a full-bodied, powerful wine that has building tannins, no sensation of weight, hints of background oak, and incredible intensity and length. It's a true "wow" wine that could not be better. Don't miss it!"
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS - "Bottled in early 2018, the 2015 Vecina is deep garnet-purple in color, with baked blackberries, black cherries and blackcurrant cordial aromas that leap from the glass with nuances of roses, pencil lead, menthol and mocha. The palate is full-bodied, very fine and incredibly seductive with a solid frame supporting the generous layers, finishing long and exotic."
ANTONIO GALLONI 97 POINTS - "While some of the Bond 2015s are quiet today, the 2015 Vecina is super-expressive. A big, dense wine, the 2015 possesses stunning richness and dimension. Black cherry, scorched earth, leather, licorice and tobacco build as this towering, statuesque Cabernet shows off its pedigree. Quite simply, the 2015 Vecina is a tremendous expression of Vine Hill Ranch and one of the more complete wines of the year."
- Item #: i_204410Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97+Jeb Dunnuck: 100 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 100 POINTS - "Moving to the single vineyard releases, the 2016 Melbury is pure perfection in a glass and is the finest vintage of this cuvee I've tasted. Awesome notes of cassis, blackcurrants, toasted bread, white flowers, and spice give way to an ethereal, seamless, yet opulent wine that has that rare mix of power and elegance possessed by all truly great wines. Full-bodied, concentrated, and with building yet perfectly ripe tannins, do your best to give bottles 4-5 years of bottle age. It will evolve effortlessly for 30 years or more."
ANTONIO GALLONI 98 POINTS - "The 2016 Melbury is powerful and yet medium in body, with layers of exotic spice, dark red cherry, blood orange, leather, licorice and star anise that give it an exotic character I don't remember seeing in the past. Despite its mid-weight profile, the Melbury has plenty of supporting structure. Over the last year, the Melbury has gained a bit of weight, but remains quite focused. Sometimes the Melbury suffers by being the first vineyard-designate poured at Bond. Its remarkable allure is evident nonetheless. This is an impressive showing."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97+ POINTS - "Overlooking Lake Hennessy up on Pritchard Hill, Melbury vineyard has produced a beautifully elegant and vivacious signature in 2016, which clearly reveals the personality that this incredible site tends to want to give. Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2016 Melbury comes bounding out of the glass with expressive black and red currants notes followed by wild blueberries, warm plums, pencil shavings and wild sage plus wafts of lavender and crushed rocks. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is practically electric with energetic fruit, framed by firm, grainy tannins and invigorating freshness, finishing long and minerally."
- Item #: i_204570Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 99Jeb Dunnuck: 98 PointsROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 99 POINTS - "Pluribus vineyard is situated on Spring Mountain, producing a sometimes broody wine in its youth with tons of latent power and energy waiting to erupt. Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2016 Pluribus is a little closed and youthfully mute to begin, slowly unfurling to offer glimpses at baked plums, crushed blackcurrants, boysenberries and redcurrant jelly plus suggestions of charcoal, black olives, Sichuan pepper and bay leaves with a waft of pain grille. Full-bodied, it has a rock-solid frame of very firm, ripe, grainy tannins and bold freshness supporting the muscular black fruit and savory accents, finishing with phenomenal length and loads of earthy layers."
ANTONIO GALLONI 98 POINTS - "Another riveting wine in this range, the 2016 Pluribus is mysterious and elusive. Each taste reveals a new dimension to its beauty. Dark red fruit, spice, tobacco, menthol and licorice give the 2016 striking perfume that is captivating. Dark and dense, with tons of fruit richness, the 2016 builds in the glass with a crescendo of aromas and flavors that add considerable nuance. I especially admire the explosive energy here. As has been the case now for the last few years, the Pluribus is at once the most complex and fascinating wine in the range because every taste seems to bring out a new facet of its personality. Wines like the St. Eden and Vecina, on the other hand, say everything right away."
JEB DUNNUCK 98 POINTS - "Lastly, the 2016 Pluribus completes the lineup of just about pure perfection in Napa Valley Cabernet, and readers can't go wrong with any of these 2016 Bond releases. As with the Vecina, the Pluribus is a powerful, structured wine that offers pure blue fruits (cassis, blueberries), notes of smoke tobacco, spice, and liquid rock, a full-bodied, expansive, opulent mouthfeel, and flawless balance. Its purity of fruit as well as its power, married to include finesse, sets this beauty up near the top of the pyramid. Give bottles 7-8 years of bottle age and enjoy over the following 3 decades."
- Item #: i_208840Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96+Jeb Dunnuck: 98 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 98 POINTS - "Always a 'Wow' wine, the 2016 Quella doesn't disappoint, showing its classic, savory, mineral style as well as stunning notes of blueberries, plums, spice box, herbs de Provence, and melted licorice. This full-bodied, ripe, powerful wine has a wealth of tannins yet leans on its depth of fruit and opulence at the moment. It needs 7-8 years of bottle age, but it's a rock star Napa Valley Cabernet that will keep for 3 decades."
ANTONIO GALLONI 97 POINTS - "The 2016 Quella is bright, focused and also one of the more tightly wound wines in this range today. Savory and aromatic, the Quella impresses for its precision and captivating beauty. Intensely savory and aromatic, the 2016 is a Cabernet built on energy and tension. Time in the glass brings out a range of licorice, sage, spice, tobacco and cedar overtones, but more than anything else, the Quella is a wine of completeness and harmony that has really come together well over the last year."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96+ POINTS - "Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2016 Quella slips seductively out of the glass with notes of warm black plums, blueberry preserves, licorice and creme de cassis with suggestions of wild sage, pencil lead, camphor and Marmite toast. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is like a tightly wound spring, featuring bags of black fruit and earthy nuances and a solid, grainy frame, finishing long and refreshing."
- Item #: i_208850Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98Jeb Dunnuck: 100 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 100 POINTS - "Another perfect wine in the lineup is the 2016 St. Eden, which comes from a hillside of red volcanic soils just outside of Oakville. As with the 2015, wine doesn't get any better, and this inky hued 2016 offers up a smorgasbord of creme de cassis, blackberries, crushed rocks, toasty oak, new leather, and tobacco. Deep, full-bodied, powerful yet also incredibly elegant, it offers pleasure even today yet will benefit from 4-6 years of bottle age and cruise for 30 years or more."
ANTONIO GALLONI 98 POINTS - "The 2016 St. Eden is a real powerhouse. In so many vintages St. Eden is a showy, voluptuous wine, but the 2016 is decidedly closed down. There is very clearly tremendous depth and intensity in the glass, along with a good bit of sensuality that starts to appear with a bit of air. The 2016 is vivid and classy, qualities that will become even more apparent over time. Today, though, the 2016 is mostly a wine of potential, and it has tons of that. Of all of the Bond 2016s, the St. Eden appears to be the most affected by bottling."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS - "The 2016 St. Eden has a deep garnet-purple color and gives up vivacious notes of crushed blackberries, warm plums and cassis plus hints of dried leaves, forest floor, tapenade and truffles with a touch of unsmoked cigars. Medium to full-bodied, the palate features taut, muscular black and blue fruits, framed by firm, ripe tannins and just enough freshness, finishing long with loads of savory sparks."
- Item #: i_204440Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96ANTONIO GALLONI 96+ POINTS - "The 2014 Quella is showing beautifully. Floral and savory overtones give the wine its energy and tension. The 2014 has really come along over the last six months. Today it is vibrant and full of life, with an understated sense of power that is compelling. The 2014 has developed very nicely since I last tasted it, but it still has room to grow."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2014 Quella is scented of blackberry preserves, fruitcake and crushed rocks with hints of cigar box, dried Provence herbs and Indian spices. Medium to full-bodied, it has a firm backbone of grainy tannins and great freshness lifting the black fruit and earth layers, finishing on a lingering mineral note."
- Item #: i_204500Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97+ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97+ POINTS - "Very deep purple-black colored, the 2014 Pluribus offers up notions of crushed black plums, black currant cordial and pencil shavings over a meaty core of chargrill and beef drippings plus hints of Chinese five spice and underbrush. Full-bodied and firmly framed with chewy tannins and a lively backbone, it features plenty of earthy and savory layers, finishing long and minerally."
ANTONIO GALLONI 97 POINTS - "The 2014 Pluribus is stellar. Once again, I am deeply impressed with the Pluribus. Inky blue/purplish fruit, lavender, mint, plum and licorice infuse this super-expressive, resonant Spring Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon. Pluribus is the most improved Bond wine. This flight of 2014 makes that quite evident."
- Item #: i_205820Bottle Size: 750MLWhat is Bonterra wine? It’s a family of bright, fresh and balanced varietals just as they’re meant to be. Our organic growing approach creates grapes that are pure, vibrant and intense in flavor. This provides our winemakers with the very best fruit from which to work. From there it is simply about delivering the best expression of that fruit from our vines to your glass.
- Item #: i_205880Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsBootleg Red is a new production by Jackson Family Wine Collection; these are the people who own and produce awesome estate wines like Freemark Abbey, La Jota, and StoneStreet just to name a few. Trust us; there are too many "household" names you would recognize for us to list them all but you now have an idea of the quality they bring to the table.
This offering is their entry to the California "Red" category, a section of the domestic wine industry that has seen tremendous growth with labels such as "The Prisoner" becoming brands that everyone who drinks California wine has heard of. In terms of sales this category is as hot as Cabernet Sauvignon! This particular wine is a blend of 37% Merlot, 33% Petit Sirah, and 30% Syrah.
So what sets this apart from other blends and why should you try it? Fruit sources; using Vineyards they own, the Jackson Family sourced grapes from prestigious sub-AVAs within Napa like Yountville, Howell Mountain, and Mt Veeder, with the balance of fruit (18%) coming from their Mendocino Vineyards. The blending components going into this Red comes from outstanding vineyards of whom we all love. Plain and simple, you have outstanding winegrowing, winemaking and wine-blending with Bootleg Red!
JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS! "It reveals a healthy purple color as well as a terrific bouquet of sweet creme de cassis, toasted bread, Asian spices, lavender, and dried herbs. With a fabulous texture, full body, notable purity of fruit, and a rich yet graceful style on the palate, it's one seriously hedonistic yet balanced, complex red that knocks it out of the park. Drink this rocking little gem any time over the coming 4-6 years. (I wouldn't be surprised to see it keep longer.)"
- Item #: i_202500Bottle Size: 750mlInky red, almost black in color, this classic Cabernet Sauvignon is heavily concentrated with ripe cherry aromas and black fruit flavors, backed by vanilla oak notes. Layered with texture that belies its silky smooth tannins, this wine's perfectly balanced alcohol and bright, clean acidity make it a perfect companion for red meat and savory dishes.