Search results for: 'SINGLE 12'
Suggested search terms: SINGLE 12 yr
- Item #: i_126002Bottle Size: 750MLEvery barrel of Single Barrel whiskey absorbs its own personality and character from its charred oak barrel and its special location in the warehouse on the hills around Lynchburg, TN. The character and dark amber color of Single Barrel whiskey comes, in part, from aging the whiskey barrels in the upper floors of the warehouses where the spirit enjoys a more intense maturation.
- Item #: i_114129Bottle Size: 750mlThe Glenfiddich Experimental Series, as we saw last year with the popular Winter Storm whisky that was finished in ex-Canadian ice wine barrels, is a line extension which gives this Scotch whisky distillery some room to tinker around with. Another bottling is now hitting retail, this time taking smoky spirit and finishing it in ex-rum barrels.
The new Glenfiddich Fire & Cane, according to those behind it, brings together "smoky whisky" and non-peated malts that had been aging in ex-bourbon barrels and finishes the mixture in ex-Latin rum casks. The resulting 43% ABV expression has what's described as "campfire smokiness and toffee sweetness" and is non-age statement in nature.
"This new single malt truly encapsulates the spirit of experimentation," said Brian Kinsman, Glenfiddich Malt Master, in a prepared statement. "We started with a question – what would happen if we did something with peat that we had not done before? The answer is an unconventional and unexpected whisky, one that is truly surprising. During the tastings, some experienced the unusual smoky notes, while others tasted toffee flavors – this phenomenon can be attributed to the Scotch spending three months in sweet rum casks. It's a bold combination, which I'm sure will appeal and intrigue single malt enthusiasts as well as those looking to try something new and different."
Fire & Cane comes in a special bottle whose glass changes from a black/brown base to clear when displaying the enclosed golden colored whisky. It is set to price around $50, and you’ll find some official tasting notes below for your consideration.
Nose: Billowing soft peat notes, like distant smoke on the wind. Rich sweet toffee with zesty fresh fruit notes and spiciness.
Taste: Like a Highland peat campfire, with oak notes and toffee. Sharp green fruit, sweet baked apple and soft smoke.
Finish: Lingering smokiness and sweetness
- Item #: i_112739Bottle Size: 750ml#9 ON WHISKY ADVOCATE TOP 20 WHISKIES OF 2017
WHISKEY ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Terroir and provenance are keenly debated in many corners of the whisky world, and Bruichladdich shows intense focus on the question with Islay Barley, which uses only locally grown grain. The 2017 release was distilled in 2010, using Optic and Oxbridge barley varieties grown on eight Islay family farms and matured in a combination of French oak and bourbon casks. In addition to Islay Barley’s ambitious pursuit of true single-origin whisky, this is a real gem for its ginger and tobacco aromas, muscular mouthfeel, and flavors of toffee, spices, and youthful oak." - Gavin Smith
- Item #: i_437814Bottle Size: 12ozThis is dark, dank, rich Belgian ale refermented in the bottle and weighs in at a hefty 10% abv. There is a gorgeous nose of blackberries, plum skins, chestnut and dates. The palate is rich and chewy with lots of dark mysterious flavors happening. Lush and silky on the palate this is tasty ale. Flavors include a malty parade of cocoa bean, licorice root, burnt almond and sherry wine. The finish is long, smooth and warm with hints of fig and fruit preserves. This is incredibly complex ale and is good as it gets, and of course it comes from Belgium. Dark beer lovers put down that pint of Guinness, grab yourself a cognac snifter and rejoice as your pour a true barley wine into the palm of your hand. This ale drinks best at room temp, preferably after dinner with a nice cigar.
- Item #: i_166152Bottle Size: 750MLABERFELDY 12 YEAR 80PROOF THE HEART OF DEWARS
Aberfeldy Distillery, built by the Dewar family, opened in 1898 in the town of Aberfeldy, in Highland Perthshire - the very heart of Scotland. Aberfeldy Distillery was purposely built to produce the high quality Highland Single Malt, with its characteristic heather-honey note, that lies at the heart of Dewar's balanced blends. Although reserved for decades exclusively for creating Dewar's blends, this exceptional single malt, Aberfeldy, is now being released in limited quantities. Aberfeldy 12 Year Old is noted for its heather honey nose, full body and well rounded taste. The finish is dry and elegant with pronounced perfumed, spicy characteristics and a hint of orange peel. Experts define Aberfeldy 12 as having attributes of premium malts with longer age.
- Item #: i_101160Bottle Size: 750MLAuchentoshan 12 Year Old Lowland Single Malt
Triple distilled then matured for over twelve years. Our Lowland Single Malt Whisky has the tempting aroma of toasted almonds, caramelised toffee and the signature smooth, delicate, Auchentoshan taste.
To The Eye - Golden honey.
To The Nose - Crème brulee, a burst of citrus and the signature nuttiness and green leafiness of Auchentoshan.
To The Tongue - Smooth and sweet with hints of tangerine and lime.
To The End - Gingery and slightly drying, with a pleasant lingering nuttiness.
- Item #: i_167794Bottle Size: 750ML12 Yr – 95 pts & Finalist at 2019 Ultimate Spirits Challenge
An outstanding single malt matured in American white oak ex-bourbon casks and finessed in rare and aged oloroso sherry casks.
The Aroma: Citrus fruits, chocolate and aromatic spices
On the Palate: Seville oranges, dried fruits and hints of vanilla pod
Finishing Notes: Roasted coffee and dark chocolate
- Item #: i_102627Bottle Size: 750mlThe Balvenie is a unique range of single malts created by David Stewart, The Balvenie Malt Master. Each has its own unique taste, but each is rich, luxuriously smooth and underpinned by the distinctively honeyed character of The Balvenie.
The exceptional quality of The Balvenie is attributable to the unique craftsmanship retained by The Balvenie Distillery. Nowhere else will you find a distillery that still grows its own barley, malts in its own traditional floor maltings, employs a team of coopers to tend its casks, a coppersmith to maintain its stills and has in its service the most experienced Malt Master in Scotland.
New for 2013, this Single Barrel expression from The Balvenie has been aged for 12 years in a first fill Bourbon cask of a single distillation. While each cask is subtly different, The Balvenie Malt Master hand selects only those casks characterized by sweetness and subtle vanilla oak to be bottled as The Balvenie Single Barrel. Each bottling forms a limited edition of no more than 300 hand-numbered bottles drawn from a single cask, making each bottle unique and unrepeatable. The Balvenie Single Barrel, 12 Year Old is non chill-filtered and is bottled at the higher strength of 47.8% ABV.
- Item #: i_101798Bottle Size: 750mlAt Glen Garioch we take the maturation process very seriously. The quality of our casks is an essential ingredient in our recipe for producing only the finest of single malt whisky.
The Glen Garioch 12 Years Old gains its distinctive Highland character from maturation in two wood groups: American Bourbon, and Spanish Sherry casks. Each stage of the marriage adds distinct characteristics to the final single malt. Bourbon to soften and Sherry to add depth of flavour - fresh heather, poached pears and just a hint of oak.
Nose - Heathery floral notes are balanced with the richness of poached pears and the sweetness of malted barley.
Palate - Creme brulee and sweet ripe banana at first then comes a light oakiness with pear fruitiness.