Search results for: 'Cortes'
Suggested search terms: AGAVE DE Cortes, corte vetusto, Cortese, Cortes de, Agave de Cortes Mezcal, corte vetusto espadin 750ml 177788, agaves de Cortes, corte vetusto ensamble 750ml 177789, Paul Hobbs Cocodrilo corte, Cortes du
- Item #: i_305970Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker Notes - "Ruby red in color tending to garnet with age. The bouquet on the nose is characterized by notes of ripe fruits, like blackberry, dark cherry and plum, with a hint of herbaceous. On the palate medium-bodied wine, with good balance and light tannins. Nice, long, rich finish. A great wine to enjoy throughout the meal: perfect as an aperitif with cold cuts and medium aged cheese. Excellent companion of pasta dishes, beef steak and roasted meat."
- Item #: i_382774Bottle Size: 750mlCocodrilo is a new project from Paul Hobbs, with this wine appearing for the first time in the United States. This Cabernet-dominant blend boasts an enviable combination of power and finesse. It is full-bodied with pure, concentrated fruit and is certain to please Hobbs' many fans. Paul Hobbs is well-known for his exceptional California wines, crafting masterful renditions of Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinot Noir. When visiting Argentina in 1989, Paul became enamored with its people, the culture and the huge potential for viticulture. He and his Argentine partners founded Viña Cobos and helped take winemaking in Argentina to a new level. He has had great success making premium priced wines and Cocodrilo demonstrates his ability to make a compelling Bordeaux-style blend at an affordable price.
Opaque purple in color. An aromatic display of exotic spices and concentrated black fruits including black currant and black cherry along with notes of cedar and baker's chocolate. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied with mouth-filling crème de cassis, ripe black cherry and blackberry flavors. The tannins are fine-grained and oh so silky. The wine demonstrates stunning purity and finishes with noteworthy length; very impressive.
- Item #: i_268380Bottle Size: 750mlFounded in 2017, Tresomm is a winery based in the Valle de Guadalupe in Baja, Mexico. A project born from the friendship of 3 California Sommeliers, Taylor Grant, Conner Mitchell, and Christopher Miller, M.S. On a whim trip down to the Valle to visit wineries, they were overwhelmed by how connected they felt to the region. On the last visit of the day, they stopped by Bodegas Magoni and tasted the wines with winemaker Camillo Magoni's son in law, Julio. After many laughs (and many glasses), they arranged to come back to meet Camillo.
Originally from Valtellina, Italy, Camillo is a pioneer of the Baja wine industry. He moved to the Valle in 1965 and over the years has planted his vineyards with indigenous European varietals. Taylor, Conner, and Chris partnered with Camillo to produce thought-provoking bottles from organically farmed varieties including Grignoliño, Aligote, and Touriga Nacional.
The Camillie bottling is a wonderful white blend of Cortese, Grillo, Fiano, and Viognier.
- Item #: i_374583Bottle Size: 750mlWINERY NOTES: -"Our Metodo Classico has a heady effervescence that preserves its primary floral and fruity scents, enhanced further by a pleasant level of acidity. Millésime Variety: 100% Cortese, raised by Guyot Traditional Method Millésime The characteristic features of Gavi are brought out to their best by Cortese grapes “in purezza”.
Vinification: Grapes picked by hand and placed in small crates, immediately pressed by soft press. The first alcoholic fermentation comes about in stainless steel vats at controlled temperatures. Aging: Tirage (bottling) the following Spring of the Vintage year, “sur lie” for at least 18 months."
- Item #: i_305064Bottle Size: 750mlORGANICALLY GROWN GRAPES
Giordano Gavi di Gavi Vigne di San Martino is a crisp easy drinking white from the village of Gavi in Piedmont. Although the wine is made from a white grape called Cortese, many years ago the wine itself was called Gavi--since it came from Gavi, the villiage. This wine is crisp, pure, and very pretty showing off soft and well-rounded citrus fruit and a hint of nuttiness. It finishes soft and persistant, leaving the taster with a linger of lemony/limey perfection.
- Item #: i_301471Bottle Size: 750ml"La Ghibellina is an estate in the Gavi appellation of southern Piedmont, near the border with Liguria and less than an hour's drive to Genoa on the coast. Cortese di Gavi, or Gavi di Gavi which the wine can be called when the grapes are grown in the commune of Gavi, was promoted to DOCG status in 1998. Wines labeled Cortese di Gavi or Gavi di Gavi must be made from 100% Cortese grapes. The Cortese grape, with it's striking acidity and chalky mineral character, thrives in the limestone rich clay soils around Gavi.
The owners, Marina and Alberto Ghibellini, manage the farm and wine production with the help of the clearly talented oenologist Beppe Caviola and their agronomist, Alberto Abate. While Marina's family has been in the Gavi area for generations, Marina and Alberto are newcomers to the winemaking scene in Gavi; they made their first vintage in 2000.
The 'Mainin' is made from 100% estate-grown Cortese, fermented and aged in stainless steel. Good Gavi is characterised by an almost Chablis-like mineral quality, with restrained aromas of flowers, wet stones and citrus." - OLIVER McCRUM WINES
- Item #: i_101977Bottle Size: 750mlVallet Amargo Angostura is a 90 Proof bitter liqueur made from Angostura bark and a maceration of cherry fruits, cloves and other roots and spices. Herbal notes of bittersweet dark chocolate and citrus rind balance an earthly richness to create this delightful elixir.