Catalog Advanced Search
61 items were found using the following search criteria
- Top Seller: Yes
- Item #: i_200510Bottle Size: 750mlII is the culmination of the two worlds, the Alpha and the Omega, the Old World and the New World. Winemakers, Jean Hoefliger and Michel Rolland worked to create a wine that is not only opulent, fruit forward and generous, but also has the backbone of European acidity and elegance. A reflection of both worlds, II is a wine that is built to be approachable, both in taste and price, and consumed early.
A blend of 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 23% Merlot, and 12% Cabernet Franc, this wine had a deep, dark Cornell red color with some geranium and garnet on the rim. The nose expresses a beautiful balance between spices, such as cinnamon and thyme, and fruit, such as cherries and raspberries, with tobacco leaf, cedar, caramel and hibiscus. The palate possesses integrated tannins with beautiful chocolate notes and pipe tobacco with strawberry jam, cantaloupe and lilac.
- Item #: i_305878Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95-97Just in this week, the 2016 Tignanello from the Antinori family is a wonderful follow-up to the previous vintage! This is one of the wines that launched the famous "Super-Tuscan" movement by pairing Sangiovese with Cabernets Sauvignon and Franc and aging in smaller French oak barrels, making Italian wines that could go head-to-head with the greats of Bordeaux and Napa Valley. Seeing the previous vintage sell out quickly, we think it's only fair to alert you now: The 2016 version is once again poised to be an international hit!
This is such a polished wine, already so enjoyable! There are elegant aromas of concentrated, ripe dark fruits (like blackberry and black cherry compote) interwoven with subtle earthy balsam and fresh herbal hints. The palate walks a thin line between baked and fresh fruit, with the gently herbal & savory counterpoints creating flavor balance. The French oak is finely integrated already, adding to an appetizing chewiness along with a layer of dark cocoa and a brooding hint of charred fruit on the finish. This is such a drinkable wine already thanks to the velvet texture and seamless integration of all its components; it's one of those wines that's deceiving in its complexity, pulling it off so effortlessly. What's more, the complexity will only grow as the ample fruit peels back over the years!
WINE ADVOCATE 95-97 POINTS - "Tasted from barrel, the 2016 Tignanello will be released next year in April. This celebrated red blend is of course mostly Sangiovese with about 15% Cabernet Sauvignon and 5% Cabernet Franc. If 2015 is an ideal vintage for Tuscan blended reds made with the great Bordeaux varieties, the 2016 vintage is better suited to Italian grapes such as Sangiovese. This classic vintage of Tignanello has a leg up, albeit slim, over the previous vintage precisely because the protagonist here is Sangiovese. This wine shows a high caliber of fresh primary fruit that is direct and intense. In the mouth, the wine is focused and sharp. Ultimately, the 2016 Tignanello is slightly more streamlined compared to the more fleshy 2015. This adds to the firm elegance you get here."
- Item #: i_112239Bottle Size: 750ml#6 ON WHISKY ADVOCATE TOP 20 WHISKIES OF 2017
WHISKEY ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Ardbeg doles out occasional limited releases for their avid fans, but for nearly a decade the core range consisted of just three whiskies: 10 year old, Uigeadail, and Corryvreckan. The addition of An Oa, matured in a combination of virgin oak, Pedro Ximénez sherry, and bourbon barrels, and married in a French oak ‘gathering vat’ prior to bottling, marks a reason to celebrate. An Oa is a more approachable Ardbeg. It lacks some of the typical oiliness, but flavor and complexity abound with hot peat, black tea, and peppery cloves. Die-hard Ardbeg fans should have no complaints, and new converts have a real treat in store." - Gavin Smith
- Item #: i_377461Bottle Size: 750mlHeadquartered in Epernay, Aubert Et Fils Brut is a classic blend of Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier that represent one of the best buys we have encountered from Champagne in a very long time. Pleasantly crisp with fragrant notes fruit and toasty aromas backed with hints of chalk dust and truffles. The generous palate proffers tangy orchard and citrus fruits that reveal a subtle minerality in the long-play finish. Balanced to work with or without food, this is simply a wonderfully crafted Champagne a fabulous price.
- Item #: i_205310Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90Beringer Vineyards has owned and farmed its Knights Valley vineyards since the mid-1960's, when the Beringer family recognized that the cobbled alluvial soils were a great place to grow high quality wine grapes. The Knights Valley designation was first used on a Beringer label in 1974.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "Blended of 88% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Cabernet Franc, 5% Merlot and 2% Petit Verdot aged in 30 new French oak for 16 months, the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Knights Valley features creme de cassis, Black Forest cake and wild blueberry scents with suggestions of wild sage, black soil and tapenade. Full-bodied with a wonderfully plush, fine-grained frame, it has a lively line cutting through the densely packed fruit, finishing long. 82,215 cases produced."
- Item #: i_232390Bottle Size: 750mlOwners John and Michelle (JaM) Truchard have created quite a following in a relatively short amount of time. With the name of their wine label being called JaM, they employed the help of winemaker Rob Lloyd to produce a rich, jammy style of Cabernet. Well, that wine was a huge hit, and since Rob knew a thing or two about making Chardonnays, it only made sense that this white wine should be called "Butter". As the name implies, this is a rich, buttery style of Chardonnay laced with aromas of baked lemons and mandarin oranges mingle with a hint of spice and smoke. The palate begins with crisp pineapple, bright citrus and ripe melon while a soft creaminess rounds out the finish. This Chardonnay is ready for immediate enjoyment and is suited to a wide variety of foods including white fish, smoked salmon and creamy pasta dishes.
- Item #: i_207600Bottle Size: 750mlChardonnay grapes grown in the bottom half of the valley tend to produce rich, ripe, elegantly structured wines that are delicious on release, but also age well in the bottle; this gem is no exception! And while 75% is fermented in French oak, only 11% goes through malolactic fermentation in order to produce a full-bodied wine that's food friendly. The nose offers vivid, creamy aromas of green and golden apple, pear and citrus with supporting scents of beeswax and mineral. Full-bodied and vibrant on the palate, with bright, intense, apple, citrus and melon flavors, Cakebread's 2016 Napa Valley Chardonnay is remarkably persistent on the palate, culminating in a long finish showcasing pleasing spice, yeast and mineral tones. Released soon after bottling, it will hit its stride after 6-8 months and reward 5-7 years' aging.
- Item #: i_380019Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 91Wine Enthusiast: 90 PointsJAMES SUCKLING 91 POINTS - "This shows intense, but also some very fresh notes of blackberry compote, citrus and bracken. Medium body, zippy acidity and a fine, clear-cut finish."
WINE ENTHUSIAST 90 POINTS - "Fragrant purple flower, baking spice and black-skinned berry aromas mingle with an earthy whiff of forest floor. On the succulent palate, supple tannins and fresh acidity balance juicy Marasca cherry, crushed raspberry and licorice. It's easy drinking and savory."
A 100% Barbera, this wine is made from vineyards in southern Asti in the hills around Nizza Monferrato with limestone and clay soils that produce the most elegant and refined of all Barberas. Brimming with fresh, crisp fruit, this easy-drinking Barbera is very versatile with food due to its cleansing acidity and soft tannins. An amazing value.
Winemaker's Notes Garnet in color, the wine is medium bodied and robust with rich, ripe cherries and earth on the nose and an elegant palate.
Pairs well with a wide range of dishes: chicken scallopini with sage and wild mushrooms, farfalle pasta with pork sausage and broccoli rabe and grilled or roasted red meats.
- Item #: i_212370Bottle Size: 750mlGOLD MEDAL, 96 POINTS CALIFORNIA STATE FAIR 2018
We were thrilled to taste this wine and knew pretty much immediately it was the one to take the vaunted spotlight as our December Wine of the Month. This is a wine we want to definitely 'crow' about, knowing that people will enjoy it at their family gatherings, office parties, holiday celebrations and, really, any old time you want a great wine at a great price.
"This tastes like real wine!" was the comment from more than one of our wine buyers. In the age of engineered bottlings of vino, especially at the price points we try and stay near for this category, it is indeed refreshing to taste a 'real wine' after trying too many doctored concoctions. This "Big Rooster" Cab is the real deal!
The nose is overflowing with brilliant red fruits, ripe cherries, off-the-vine raspberries and red plum. A hint of bramble, earth, cola nut and leather play supporting cast to the primary fruit scents.
In the mouth, the fruit is still the star of the show. Bright, ripe flavors of fresh red plums, mixed red berries and Boysenberry are balanced by silky tannins and brisk acidity. Fruitful enough to enjoy solo, this will also pair well with holiday meals, late season barbecues (C'mon-- football!) and just about any hearty foods (steaks, chops, prime rib) you can think of. Further flavors in the back palate include black tea, mixed spices and dark chocolate. The finish is filled with bright, brilliant, lush fruits, lasting minutes and minutes.
Certified Green & Sustainable
- Item #: i_365596Bottle Size: 720mlWINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS The medium dry Asahi Shuzo NV Dassai 23 Junmai Daiginjo should be one of the lowest Seimaibuai (23%) sakes in Japan. It is pure and clean, with light but complex scents of white flowers, cherry, strawberry, banana and fresh rice. On the palate it is broad and smooth with a clean spicy finish. Rice: Yamada Nishiki. Alcohol: 16%.
Dassai 23 - Dassai blends the best ingredients with old-fashioned experience and cutting edge technology. Polished to an unprecedented 23% polish ratio (a process that takes 4 days), Dassai Junmai Daiginjo is super-refined. The nose shows off with lots of berry fruit and candy-like yeast aromas. Hints of pear, cotton candy, violet and the undeniable taste of yamadanishiki rice linger on the palate. The finish is lush and tropical, yet dry. Silky smooth on the palate, this is very special sake to be enjoyed on a special occasion.
Dassai 'Migaki Niwari Sanbu' JUNMAI DAIGINJO
Since 2011, all DASSAI products have been Kosher certified each year by "Chabad Tokyo Japan".
- Item #: i_309543Bottle Size: 750MLDecanter: 95 PointsWe are fortunate this month to find the perfect crossover hit in the Delas Saint-Esprit. This delicious Cotes-du-Rhone red blend is versatile with a full-bodied character which remains remarkably fresh. This wine will pair perfectly with your party platters of pulled pork, tri-tip or ribs as well as heartier fare of stews or chili.
This crowd-pleasing red is grown in the warmth of the Mediterranean climate and is a blend of 60% Syrah and 40% Grenache. The vineyards are influenced by the famed, harsh Mistral winds that rush through the Rhône Valley, keeping the sky clear and full of sunshine most of the time. Buffeted by the extreme winds, the vines have to work hard and create grapes of character and quality, which is evidenced in this wine by Delas. As many a talented winemaker has stated, great wines are made in the vineyard.
This dry red wine clearly shows the hallmarks of Syrah and Grenache. The nose shows gorgeous floral notes, black raspberry, bright cherries, plum and a touch of anise and spice. On the palate, the wine is generous and pleasing, showcasing bold fruits enveloped in silky tannins. This is a wine very much in balance with a harmonious and lengthy finish. Delicious!
- Item #: i_351806Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 95 Points"If you don't know about Domaine Giraud, you're missing out." - Jeb Dunnuck
"Savvy consumers should search them out" - Wine Advocate
"This is the greatest young vintage from the Southern Rhone Valley I've ever tasted, both in terms of quality as well as consistency" - Jeb Dunnuck
We are thrilled to offer an amazing Chateauneuf du Pape from Domaine Giraud. Domaine Giraud is one of the brightest stars of this famous appellation and produced some of the greatest wines in the world from the 2016 vintage. They are surprisingly accessible in their youth yet have the ability to age as well. These high scoring, delicious Rhone wines are full-bodied and deeply fruited. They display a stunning level of purity and incredible balance that set them apart.
The winemaking sister and brother team of Marie and Francois Giraud have been farming organically since 2008 after taking over the day to day operation of the winery from their father. Famed enologist Philippe Cambie consults for the winery, which boast incredible vineyard holdings.
The Domaine Giraud "Tradition" is comprised of 60% Grenache, 35% Syrah and 5% Mourvedre with the grapes averaging close to 70 years of age. This is a fantastic wine at an outstanding price with noted Rhone critic Jeb Dunnuck urging, "Buy a case of this, trust me."
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "Moving to the reds, the base 2016 Châteauneuf-du-Pape is a blockbuster, and this is one of those cases where you have to wonder if it’s worth the cost of the special cuvées when this wine is so good. Maire describes the 2016 vintage as a mix of the 2010 and 2007 vintages, and I can’t disagree. This beautiful 2016 offers a terrific nose of black raspberries, garrigue, and peppered meat in a full-bodied, ripe, incredibly sexy, seamless style. It has a boatload of tannins, and despite its intensity and richness, is still elegant and seamless. Buy a case of this, trust me."
WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - "Enticing, with bright, engaging raspberry, cherry and red currant fruit infused with gently roasted sandalwood and apple wood, garrigue and licorice root notes. A swath of tobacco underscores the finish, giving this an old-school hint."
- Item #: i_350596Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 92 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 92 POINTS - "Coming from 100% Chardonnay that was aged on Viognier lees, the 2017 Vin de France Novellum boasts sensational notes of ripe citrus, white flowers, and spice, with loads of classic Catalanes salinity and obvious minerality. Aged in 15% new barrels, it’s medium-bodied, has remarkable purity, integrated acidity, and is a total steal at the price. Drink it over the coming 2-4 years."
- Item #: i_163121Bottle Size: 750MLEagle Rare is probably one of the boldest bourbons on the market today. Buffalo Trace Distillery has won over 30 medals (more than half of which being Gold!) for Eagle Rare alone since 2001 and it’s no mystery as to why. This is a whiskey that is magnificently bold and complex with flavors which range anywhere between sweet honey, to dried herbs, spicy tobacco, leather, rich vanilla, toasted almond, cacao nibs, and the list goes on. That being said Eagle Rare 10 Year Old Single Barrel Bourbon is about as masculine as they come and is no whiskey for the faint at heart. This is a whiskey that begs to be enjoyed neat with maybe a single ice cube or a splash of water if you must.
- Item #: i_109240Bottle Size: 750MLElijah Craig is a true Small Batch premium Bourbon, and had that distinction before the term even existed.
In 1789, Rev. Elijah Craig, the "Father of Bourbon," became the first to age his whiskey in charred oak barrels. Their Master Distillers, inspired by his innovative spirit, have been perfecting the "small batch" process before it even became a name. They select a limited number of barrels of 8- to 12-year-old Bourbons that have matured to their exact specifications, then mingle them in limited quantities as Elijah Craig Small Batch Bourbon.
- Item #: i_219930Bottle Size: 750MLAlways the "darling" of Chardonnays, Far Niente Chardonnay is a blend of superlative Napa Valley vineyards, many of which are located in a little-known area called Coombsville: a cool growing region nestled in the rolling hills east of thecity of Napa. While entirely barrel-fermented, it doesn't go through the typical secondary fermentation, thus keeping itsrefreshing acidity. Perhaps this is why it appeals to such a broad spectrum of consumers!
A delicious wine in one of the most eye-catching bottles, this wine greets with forward fruits, layered by peach and tropical notes combined with rose petal and toasty allspice. The balance between the oak and fruit are completely seamless. Full bodied and rich, creamyhints of minerality complement the sweet fruit throughout. The finish is very long, lingering and beautifully textured.
- Item #: i_345384Bottle Size: 750MLCôte des Roses celebrates the Mediterranean lifestyle. The Languedoc appellation stretches along the Mediterranean coast from the Spanish border as far as the city of Nîmes, along the foothills of the Montagne Noire and the Cévennes. The soils are highly varied, mainly with hard limestone and schist, but also gravel transported by the rivers of the Languedoc region.
The warm, windy climate (“semi-arid Mediterranean climate with mild winters”) helps the grapes to ripen in good, healthy condition, while retaining all their fresher qualities thanks to the altitude and the influence of the sea which eases the scorching summer heat. The bottle is original with its base in the shape of a rose, created by a young designer from the Ecole Boulle. A wine to be given in the same way you would offer a bunch of roses!
A soft, pale, brilliant pink with bluish tints developing over time towards more orangey nuances. The bouquet releases aromas of summer fruits, cassis and redcurrant. Floral notes of rose along with hints of grapefruit complete the picture. The finish is fresh, offering notes of candy. On the palate the impression is fresh and full, with great aromatic persistence and balance.
- Item #: i_372443Bottle Size: 750MLThis pleasant, clean, fruity yet crisp Pinot Grigio comes to us from father and son team Edi and Aleks Simcic (SEEM chitch) in the Primorska region of Slovenia, just a stone's throw from Italy's Friulian border and the Colli Orientali. Green apples on the nose; good fruit in the mouth balanced by good acidity on the finish. Great value!
- Item #: i_111610Bottle Size: 750MLGlenlivet Single Malt Scotch Whisky is made using barley sourced from Crisp Maltings, Portgordon (Portgordon is a village in Moray, Scotland). After the barley has been malted and mashed, it is fermented in wooden washbacks for approximately two days. The wooden washbacks used by Glenlivet are more difficult and expensive to maintain as compared to the stainless steel washbacks used by most Scottish distilleries, but impart a distinctive, floral quality to the whisky.
After the barley has been fermented, it is distilled twice - first through Glenlivet’s wash still, and then again through Glenlivet’s spirits still. Originally designed by George Smith, the copper-pot stills have a unique, lantern-like shape, which encourages contact between the whisky and the copper. The copper strips the whisky of any impurities it may have, and provides for a lighter and more pure flavor profile.
Following distillation, The Glenlivet 12 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky - part of Glenlivet’s Classic Range - is matured in a mixture of cask types, including American Oak and European Oak. In particular, the American Oak lends the whisky its vanilla character and distinct smoothness, while the 12 years spent inside both barrels gives the whisky aromas of honeysuckle and summertimes fruits, along with notes of fresh pineapple and bitter cocoa on the palate. The whisky has a rich, creamy finish filled with lasting touches of hazelnuts and marzipan.
- Item #: i_112270Bottle Size: 750MLThe original liqueur created in 1880 by Louis Alexandre Marnier Lapostolle. A delicate blend of fine cognacs and distilled essence of tropical oranges with the addition of the Marnier Lapostolle secret. Slow ageing in French oak casts gives it incomparable roundness and subtlety.
- Item #: i_162060Bottle Size: 750MLWhen François Thibault, a cognac maître de chai - 'cellar master' - announced that he intended to use his considerable spirits-making skills to create vodka, people in the region were skeptical. Today, GREY GOOSE is enjoyed around the world.
"As a maitre de chai, I developed a deep knowledge and appreciation for the craftsmanship involved in creating the finest quality spirits." - François Thibault
From field to bottle, François Thibault oversees every step in the creation of GREY GOOSE Vodka, from selecting the finest ingredients to designing a process which ensures that their natural characteristics are captured in the final spirit. GREY GOOSE Vodka is distilled only once using a continuous-column distillation process, the ensures the quality of the wheat remains.
"Get the best out of the very best ingredients, and let the quality speak for itself." - François Thibault
The creation of GREY GOOSE Vodka begins with the finest soft winter wheat grown by three local farming cooperatives in the Picardy region of France. Only the highest grade of wheat,'Blé Panifiable Supérieur'-is selected– the same grade used in the finest French breads and pastries. The wheat is sent to a dedicated mill and distillery, where it is transformed into a high-proof spirit. This wheat spirit is then perfectly blended with spring water from an exclusive well in Gensa-La-Pallue, in the Cognac Arrondissement (region), where the water is naturally filtered through limestone.
"Even with today's advances in technology, there is no machine capable of replicating the human qualities intrinsic to the creation of GREY GOOSE." - François Thibault Each batch of GREY GOOSE Vodka undergoes more than 550 daily quality control checks including-most importantly-personal tasting and approval by François Thibault.
- Item #: i_228290Bottle Size: 750mlThe Hahn Family has been farming in the Santa Lucia Highlands area since the late ‘70s with land purchased to graze livestock. It didn’t take long for Nicky Hahn to see a much greater potential for his acreage and by 1980 had produced his first wine. The region’s climate was unique from surrounding areas and over the next 8 years it gained its status as an AVA thanks to Nicky Hahn leading the charge. Over the years the family has acquired additional Vineyards in the region totaling 650 acres all sustainably farmed and family operated.