Catalog Advanced Search
53 items were found using the following search criteria
- Top Seller: Yes
- Item #: i_204920Bottle Size: 750mlThis is perhaps the one wine that rivals our 'Wine of the Month' in terms of velocity. Our customers have come to expect our Top Cab Under $20 to over deliver for the money, so we take extra time in securing this spot.
In addition to working at chateaux Troplong-Mondot and La Tour Figeac in Bordeaux, winemaker Aaron Pott has also worked on the winemaking teams at Newton, Beringer, Quintessa, Krupp Brother, Blackbird, and Seven Stones. As you can tell, he definitely has a capable hand with Cabernet Sauvignon! Farmed from vines at an elevation of 2,400ft in the Red Hills of Lake County, just over the hills from the Napa Valley, Aaron crafted this mountain-inspired Cabernet Sauvignon using the same dedication to quality that he uses with Napa Valley fruit, as Red Hills often has similar soils and warm daytime temperature as its more prestigious neighbor.
This Cabernet is dark ruby in color with hints of purple, and the nose shows violets, cured meats, blackcurrants, black cherry, a hint of olive, graphite, and raspberry liqueur. Briary, with silky tannins and a combination of bright red and rich dark fruits on the palate, this medium- to full-bodied Cabernet has a finish that lasts much longer that most at this price point!
- Item #: i_305878Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97Just in this week, the 2016 Tignanello from the Antinori family is a wonderful follow-up to the previous vintage! This is one of the wines that launched the famous "Super-Tuscan" movement by pairing Sangiovese with Cabernets Sauvignon and Franc and aging in smaller French oak barrels, making Italian wines that could go head-to-head with the greats of Bordeaux and Napa Valley. Seeing the previous vintage sell out quickly, we think it's only fair to alert you now: The 2016 version is once again poised to be an international hit!
This is such a polished wine, already so enjoyable! There are elegant aromas of concentrated, ripe dark fruits (like blackberry and black cherry compote) interwoven with subtle earthy balsam and fresh herbal hints. The palate walks a thin line between baked and fresh fruit, with the gently herbal & savory counterpoints creating flavor balance. The French oak is finely integrated already, adding to an appetizing chewiness along with a layer of dark cocoa and a brooding hint of charred fruit on the finish. This is such a drinkable wine already thanks to the velvet texture and seamless integration of all its components; it's one of those wines that's deceiving in its complexity, pulling it off so effortlessly. What's more, the complexity will only grow as the ample fruit peels back over the years!
WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "To hit the market in June, the 2016 Tignanello is a rock-solid wine and a stunning beauty. The wine offers an impeccable level of precision and laser-focus delivery of fruits, spices, tilled earth, espresso beans and Mediterranean herbs. This vintage follows the classic blending formula of 80% Sangiovese with about 13% Cabernet Sauvignon and 7% Cabernet Franc. The vines are now 15 to 20 years old. Compared to the 2015 vintage that ultimately appeared more chewy and succulent, this expression from the iconic 2016 vintage is more vibrant, nervous and jazzed. It shows more savory spice, saltiness and minerality, with a beautifully integrated quality of tannins. Some 320,000 bottles were produced. This wine is at the top of the list of some of the best Tignanello ever made, including the vintages 2007, 2009, 2010, 2013 and 2015."
- Item #: i_112239Bottle Size: 750ml#6 ON WHISKY ADVOCATE TOP 20 WHISKIES OF 2017
WHISKEY ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Ardbeg doles out occasional limited releases for their avid fans, but for nearly a decade the core range consisted of just three whiskies: 10 year old, Uigeadail, and Corryvreckan. The addition of An Oa, matured in a combination of virgin oak, Pedro Ximénez sherry, and bourbon barrels, and married in a French oak ‘gathering vat’ prior to bottling, marks a reason to celebrate. An Oa is a more approachable Ardbeg. It lacks some of the typical oiliness, but flavor and complexity abound with hot peat, black tea, and peppery cloves. Die-hard Ardbeg fans should have no complaints, and new converts have a real treat in store." - Gavin Smith
- Item #: i_377461Bottle Size: 750mlHeadquartered in Epernay, Aubert Et Fils Brut is a classic blend of Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier that represent one of the best buys we have encountered from Champagne in a very long time. Pleasantly crisp with fragrant notes fruit and toasty aromas backed with hints of chalk dust and truffles. The generous palate proffers tangy orchard and citrus fruits that reveal a subtle minerality in the long-play finish. Balanced to work with or without food, this is simply a wonderfully crafted Champagne a fabulous price.
- Item #: i_112739Bottle Size: 750ml#9 ON WHISKY ADVOCATE TOP 20 WHISKIES OF 2017
WHISKEY ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Terroir and provenance are keenly debated in many corners of the whisky world, and Bruichladdich shows intense focus on the question with Islay Barley, which uses only locally grown grain. The 2017 release was distilled in 2010, using Optic and Oxbridge barley varieties grown on eight Islay family farms and matured in a combination of French oak and bourbon casks. In addition to Islay Barley’s ambitious pursuit of true single-origin whisky, this is a real gem for its ginger and tobacco aromas, muscular mouthfeel, and flavors of toffee, spices, and youthful oak." - Gavin Smith
- Item #: i_232390Bottle Size: 750mlOwners John and Michelle (JaM) Truchard have created quite a following in a relatively short amount of time. With the name of their wine label being called JaM, they employed the help of winemaker Rob Lloyd to produce a rich, jammy style of Cabernet. Well, that wine was a huge hit, and since Rob knew a thing or two about making Chardonnays, it only made sense that this white wine should be called "Butter". As the name implies, this is a rich, buttery style of Chardonnay laced with aromas of baked lemons and mandarin oranges mingle with a hint of spice and smoke. The palate begins with crisp pineapple, bright citrus and ripe melon while a soft creaminess rounds out the finish. This Chardonnay is ready for immediate enjoyment and is suited to a wide variety of foods including white fish, smoked salmon and creamy pasta dishes.
- Item #: i_207600Bottle Size: 750mlChardonnay grapes grown in the bottom half of the valley tend to produce rich, ripe, elegantly structured wines that are delicious on release, but also age well in the bottle; this gem is no exception! And while 75% is fermented in French oak, only 11% goes through malolactic fermentation in order to produce a full-bodied wine that's food friendly. The nose offers vivid, creamy aromas of green and golden apple, pear and citrus with supporting scents of beeswax and mineral. Full-bodied and vibrant on the palate, with bright, intense, apple, citrus and melon flavors, Cakebread's 2018 Napa Valley Chardonnay is remarkably persistent on the palate, culminating in a long finish showcasing pleasing spice, yeast and mineral tones. Released soon after bottling, it will hit its stride after 6-8 months and reward 5-7 years' aging.
- Item #: i_301646Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Il Toro is an elegant blend of Syrah and Petit Verdot that expresses the benefits of a moderate climate such as Tuscany's, where vines grow naturally without needing irrigation and yield an excellent quantity and quality of fruit. The resulting wine is a bold Super Tuscan that attests to the fact that French varietals can thrive in Tuscany and give exceptional quality, whilst retaining an undeniably Tuscan character.
Beautiful diversity, density in the nose: brambleberry, raspberry, flambéed cherries are tempered by scents of scrub oak hillside, wet nursery and sea side campfire. The palate starts lush with bright red berries and white pepper, leading to firm tannins and forward acidity-- excellent structure! The strength and grip of this bull is lifted by dark red, spicy fruits: plum, redcurrant, cherry cola. Bellisimo!
WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "A blend of Petit Verdot and Syrah, the 2016 Il Toro is a muscular animal that boldly exposes dark fruit, blackberry preserves, dried cherry, spice, leather and spicy cedar. The blend is unique because it pairs the volume and spicy intensity of Syrah with the density, darkness and structure of Petit Verdot. Softer aromas of sweet fruit cede quickly to tar, grilled herb and rich plum. Pair this wine with grilled T-bone steak. This is a bold and expressive wine that opens a new chapter for Filippo Chia and his talented team."
- Item #: i_212370Bottle Size: 750mlWe were thrilled to taste this wine and knew pretty much immediately it was the one to take the vaunted spotlight as our December Wine of the Month. This is a wine we want to definitely 'crow' about, knowing that people will enjoy it at their family gatherings, office parties, holiday celebrations and, really, any old time you want a great wine at a great price.
"This tastes like real wine!" was the comment from more than one of our wine buyers. In the age of engineered bottlings of vino, especially at the price points we try and stay near for this category, it is indeed refreshing to taste a 'real wine' after trying too many doctored concoctions. This "Big Rooster" Cab is the real deal!
The nose is overflowing with brilliant red fruits, ripe cherries, off-the-vine raspberries and red plum. A hint of bramble, earth, cola nut and leather play supporting cast to the primary fruit scents.
In the mouth, the fruit is still the star of the show. Bright, ripe flavors of fresh red plums, mixed red berries and Boysenberry are balanced by silky tannins and brisk acidity. Fruitful enough to enjoy solo, this will also pair well with holiday meals, late season barbecues (C'mon-- football!) and just about any hearty foods (steaks, chops, prime rib) you can think of. Further flavors in the back palate include black tea, mixed spices and dark chocolate. The finish is filled with bright, brilliant, lush fruits, lasting minutes and minutes.
Certified Green & Sustainable
- Item #: i_365596Bottle Size: 720mlWINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS The medium dry Asahi Shuzo NV Dassai 23 Junmai Daiginjo should be one of the lowest Seimaibuai (23%) sakes in Japan. It is pure and clean, with light but complex scents of white flowers, cherry, strawberry, banana and fresh rice. On the palate it is broad and smooth with a clean spicy finish. Rice: Yamada Nishiki. Alcohol: 16%.
Dassai 23 - Dassai blends the best ingredients with old-fashioned experience and cutting edge technology. Polished to an unprecedented 23% polish ratio (a process that takes 4 days), Dassai Junmai Daiginjo is super-refined. The nose shows off with lots of berry fruit and candy-like yeast aromas. Hints of pear, cotton candy, violet and the undeniable taste of yamadanishiki rice linger on the palate. The finish is lush and tropical, yet dry. Silky smooth on the palate, this is very special sake to be enjoyed on a special occasion.
Dassai 'Migaki Niwari Sanbu' JUNMAI DAIGINJO
Since 2011, all DASSAI products have been Kosher certified each year by "Chabad Tokyo Japan".
- Item #: i_163121Bottle Size: 750MLEagle Rare is probably one of the boldest bourbons on the market today. Buffalo Trace Distillery has won over 30 medals (more than half of which being Gold!) for Eagle Rare alone since 2001 and it’s no mystery as to why. This is a whiskey that is magnificently bold and complex with flavors which range anywhere between sweet honey, to dried herbs, spicy tobacco, leather, rich vanilla, toasted almond, cacao nibs, and the list goes on. That being said Eagle Rare 10 Year Old Single Barrel Bourbon is about as masculine as they come and is no whiskey for the faint at heart. This is a whiskey that begs to be enjoyed neat with maybe a single ice cube or a splash of water if you must.
- Item #: i_377064Bottle Size: 750mlWe always look forward to any new release from any of the Gil Family Estate wineries-- their group of small family wineries, scattered throughout the Spanish geography, have an excellent track record with our staff, customers and palates.
The nose is filled with berry fruits: raspberries, black cherry and a mixed berry reduction. Warm notes of incense and cedar add depth as notes of spring flowers and garden soil round out the mix. The palate reiterates the berry fruits, with flavors of boysenberry, cherry lambic and cherry vanilla cola that are uplifted by vibrant, lively acidity, keeping the wine light on its feet. Light tannins make an appearance toward the finish as waves of violets and purple fruits, forest floor and dark tea balance out the sweet fruits, lending complexity and a more kaleidoscopic flavor profile.
This is fantastic wine that will brighten any holiday gathering or any day of the week that ends with a 'y'...
Enjoy solo or with rice, pasta, (noodles, spaghetti, macaroni), vegetables, mushroom, stewed meat, sausage, pork, roast meat, red and/or white meat with sauces, grilled meat, short or medium cheeses. 70% Monastrell, 30% Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Item #: i_109240Bottle Size: 750MLElijah Craig is a true Small Batch premium Bourbon, and had that distinction before the term even existed.
In 1789, Rev. Elijah Craig, the "Father of Bourbon," became the first to age his whiskey in charred oak barrels. Their Master Distillers, inspired by his innovative spirit, have been perfecting the "small batch" process before it even became a name. They select a limited number of barrels of 8- to 12-year-old Bourbons that have matured to their exact specifications, then mingle them in limited quantities as Elijah Craig Small Batch Bourbon.
- Item #: i_219930Bottle Size: 750MLAlways the "darling" of Chardonnays, Far Niente Chardonnay is a blend of superlative Napa Valley vineyards, many of which are located in a little-known area called Coombsville: a cool growing region nestled in the rolling hills east of thecity of Napa. While entirely barrel-fermented, it doesn't go through the typical secondary fermentation, thus keeping itsrefreshing acidity. Perhaps this is why it appeals to such a broad spectrum of consumers!
Classic Far Niente style with aromas of grilled citrus, melon and honeysuckle with hints of white fig, gardenia and toasted hazelnuts, background of mild toasted oak that adds supportive warmth and richness. A silky entry builds on the palate with a rich texture that continues to evolve. Possessing great structure and length, a sweet core of melon and citrus is supported by white floral and toasted vanilla and baking spice notes. The broad mid palate comes back together with a long bright finish.
- Item #: i_372443Bottle Size: 750MLThis pleasant, clean, fruity yet crisp Pinot Grigio comes to us from father and son team Edi and Aleks Simcic (SEEM chitch) in the Primorska region of Slovenia, just a stone's throw from Italy's Friulian border and the Colli Orientali. Green apples on the nose; good fruit in the mouth balanced by good acidity on the finish. Great value!
- Item #: i_111610Bottle Size: 750MLThe Glenlivet 12 Double Oak
This whisky has been called a lot of things in its time: smooth, fruity, complex, sophisticated, entertaining, classic. The Original Malt Whisky Almanac says: “A first-class malt. One of the most popular malts in the world – deservedly so.” Representing The Glenlivet’s signature style, this classic malt is first matured in traditional oak, before spending time in American oak casks which impart notes of vanilla and gives the whisky its distinctive smoothness. The mineral-rich water that comes from Josie’s Well helps form the flavors during mashing and fermentation, whilst the specific height and width of the copper stills add a delicate yet complex character. Keep a bottle on hand for every occasion.
Color - Bright, vibrant gold
Nose - Fruity and summery
Cask - Traditional and American Oak
Palate - Well-balanced and fruity, with strong pineapple notes
Flavor - Delicately balanced with strong pineapple notes
Finish - Long, creamy, smooth
- Item #: i_228290Bottle Size: 750mlThe Hahn Family has been farming in the Santa Lucia Highlands area since the late ‘70s with land purchased to graze livestock. It didn’t take long for Nicky Hahn to see a much greater potential for his acreage and by 1980 had produced his first wine. The region’s climate was unique from surrounding areas and over the next 8 years it gained its status as an AVA thanks to Nicky Hahn leading the charge. Over the years the family has acquired additional Vineyards in the region totaling 650 acres all sustainably farmed and family operated.
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 90 POINTS - "Translucent red. Spice-tinged aromas of fresh red berries and cherries are complemented by incense, vanilla and cola accents. Clean and racy on entry, then deeper in the middle, offering cherry cola, raspberry and spicecake flavors and a touch of florality on the back half. Subtle tannins come up slowly on a smooth, fruit-driven finish that lingers with very good persistence."
- Item #: i_365551Bottle Size: 720mlHakutsuru 'Superior' JUNMAI GINJO
SMV +3, ACIDITY 1.3, ALCOHOL %14.5 Serve: Tepid, or Chilled, With: Rich salty dishes; Steamed clams; Sashimi; Broiled Meats Hakutsuru Junmai Ginjo
Using only the finest rice, and Nada's famed natural spring water Miyamizu, Junmai Ginjo has been brewed with meticulous care and traditional method. This flowery fragrant Sake with silky, well-balanced smoothness can be enjoyed chilled or at room temperature. Matches dishes with a slightly salty taste or a slightly soy taste.Sauted vegetable, Baby clams steamed in Sake, Japanese pickles, Sashimi, Yakitori (chicken cooked over charcoal, salt flavored or soy sauce flavored).
- Item #: i_380390Bottle Size: 750mlWINEMAKER NOTES - "Vibrant tropical aromas of passionfruit and mango leap from the glass mixed with zingy accents of citrus and herbs. Subtle sweet and tangy hints of yellow sherbet fizz are intriguing. The palate embraces concentrated tropical fruit flavours of passionfruit, pineapple and with tones of citrus, complimented with fresh lemon-grass. Juicy and dry, with nice acidity, the wine makes you salivate whilst the flavours linger."
- Item #: i_162036Bottle Size: 1.75LAwarded 98 Points from Cigar & Spirits Magazine (September/October 2014) and voted the #1 Best Selling Vodka by Drink International’s 50 Best Bars Brand Report – 2016, Ketel One is a vodka appreciated by many.
Using carefully selected European wheat and a combination of modern and traditional distilling techniques, we produce an exceptional product, both crisp to taste and soft on finish. Here, the 4Fs – Fragrance, Flavor, Feel and Finish – help to define what makes Ketel One Vodka so unique.
- Item #: i_236450Bottle Size: 750MLHere’s an old favorite which we love and promote for good reason. The La Crema Chardonnay shows off its true Sonoma Coast origins like a very expensive wine should, but wait... this only costs $15.99!
There are delicious flavors of pear, white peach and butterscotch intermingling on the palette and a long lingering finish that goes farther than any wine at this price should. This wine is more than just value, as it shows true depth and personality. Winemaker Melissa Stackhouse takes great care in ensuring that this wine is balanced and a marvelous stand out in the great sea of value-priced Chardonnay.
Just a quick whiff reveals great purity, with huge tropical and floral notes. In light of our current economic climate, La Crema Winery hits the mark on quality and availability, all the while delivering it prudently. Oh! And we should mention that Robert Parker said, This Chardonnay / Pinot Noir specialist should receive rave notices from bargain hunters looking for a top-flight Chardonnay that is complex, rich, and widely available. So we are by no means the only people who understand this winery's significance.
- Item #: i_325558Bottle Size: 750MLLamarca is a sparkling wine made in the Treviso area of northern Italy from the Prosecco grape. It shows delicate fruit and flora aromatics, a low level of alcohol and a friendly mouth feel. Wine maker Fabrizio Gatto has truly created a top drawer Prosecco at a most agreeable price.
WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "A delicate, well-balanced Prosecco, showing a good blend of baked apple, sour lemon and grapefruit, with a lightly creamy mineral texture on the palate. Medium froth, with some body and a pleasant lemon and mineral finish."