Catalog Advanced Search
59 items were found using the following search criteria
- Top Seller: Yes
- Item #: i_204920Bottle Size: 750mlThis is perhaps the one wine that rivals our 'Wine of the Month' in terms of velocity. Our customers have come to expect our Top Cab Under $20 to over deliver for the money, so we take extra time in securing this spot.
In addition to working at chateaux Troplong-Mondot and La Tour Figeac in Bordeaux, winemaker Aaron Pott has also worked on the winemaking teams at Newton, Beringer, Quintessa, Krupp Brother, Blackbird, and Seven Stones. As you can tell, he definitely has a capable hand with Cabernet Sauvignon! Farmed from vines at an elevation of 2,400ft in the Red Hills of Lake County, just over the hills from the Napa Valley, Aaron crafted this mountain-inspired Cabernet Sauvignon using the same dedication to quality that he uses with Napa Valley fruit, as Red Hills often has similar soils and warm daytime temperature as its more prestigious neighbor.
This Cabernet is dark ruby in color with hints of purple, and the nose shows violets, cured meats, blackcurrants, black cherry, a hint of olive, graphite, and raspberry liqueur. Briary, with silky tannins and a combination of bright red and rich dark fruits on the palate, this medium- to full-bodied Cabernet has a finish that lasts much longer that most at this price point!
- Item #: i_305878Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97Just in this week, the 2016 Tignanello from the Antinori family is a wonderful follow-up to the previous vintage! This is one of the wines that launched the famous "Super-Tuscan" movement by pairing Sangiovese with Cabernets Sauvignon and Franc and aging in smaller French oak barrels, making Italian wines that could go head-to-head with the greats of Bordeaux and Napa Valley. Seeing the previous vintage sell out quickly, we think it's only fair to alert you now: The 2016 version is once again poised to be an international hit!
This is such a polished wine, already so enjoyable! There are elegant aromas of concentrated, ripe dark fruits (like blackberry and black cherry compote) interwoven with subtle earthy balsam and fresh herbal hints. The palate walks a thin line between baked and fresh fruit, with the gently herbal & savory counterpoints creating flavor balance. The French oak is finely integrated already, adding to an appetizing chewiness along with a layer of dark cocoa and a brooding hint of charred fruit on the finish. This is such a drinkable wine already thanks to the velvet texture and seamless integration of all its components; it's one of those wines that's deceiving in its complexity, pulling it off so effortlessly. What's more, the complexity will only grow as the ample fruit peels back over the years!
WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "To hit the market in June, the 2016 Tignanello is a rock-solid wine and a stunning beauty. The wine offers an impeccable level of precision and laser-focus delivery of fruits, spices, tilled earth, espresso beans and Mediterranean herbs. This vintage follows the classic blending formula of 80% Sangiovese with about 13% Cabernet Sauvignon and 7% Cabernet Franc. The vines are now 15 to 20 years old. Compared to the 2015 vintage that ultimately appeared more chewy and succulent, this expression from the iconic 2016 vintage is more vibrant, nervous and jazzed. It shows more savory spice, saltiness and minerality, with a beautifully integrated quality of tannins. Some 320,000 bottles were produced. This wine is at the top of the list of some of the best Tignanello ever made, including the vintages 2007, 2009, 2010, 2013 and 2015."
- Item #: i_112239Bottle Size: 750ml#6 ON WHISKY ADVOCATE TOP 20 WHISKIES OF 2017
WHISKEY ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Ardbeg doles out occasional limited releases for their avid fans, but for nearly a decade the core range consisted of just three whiskies: 10 year old, Uigeadail, and Corryvreckan. The addition of An Oa, matured in a combination of virgin oak, Pedro Ximénez sherry, and bourbon barrels, and married in a French oak ‘gathering vat’ prior to bottling, marks a reason to celebrate. An Oa is a more approachable Ardbeg. It lacks some of the typical oiliness, but flavor and complexity abound with hot peat, black tea, and peppery cloves. Die-hard Ardbeg fans should have no complaints, and new converts have a real treat in store." - Gavin Smith
- Item #: i_377461Bottle Size: 750mlHeadquartered in Epernay, Aubert Et Fils Brut is a classic blend of Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier that represent one of the best buys we have encountered from Champagne in a very long time. Pleasantly crisp with fragrant notes fruit and toasty aromas backed with hints of chalk dust and truffles. The generous palate proffers tangy orchard and citrus fruits that reveal a subtle minerality in the long-play finish. Balanced to work with or without food, this is simply a wonderfully crafted Champagne a fabulous price.
- Item #: i_205310Bottle Size: 750mlBeringer Vineyards has owned and farmed its Knights Valley vineyards since the mid-1960's, when the Beringer family recognized that the cobbled alluvial soils were a great place to grow high quality wine grapes. The Knights Valley designation was first used on a Beringer label in 1974.
- Item #: i_112739Bottle Size: 750ml#9 ON WHISKY ADVOCATE TOP 20 WHISKIES OF 2017
WHISKEY ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Terroir and provenance are keenly debated in many corners of the whisky world, and Bruichladdich shows intense focus on the question with Islay Barley, which uses only locally grown grain. The 2017 release was distilled in 2010, using Optic and Oxbridge barley varieties grown on eight Islay family farms and matured in a combination of French oak and bourbon casks. In addition to Islay Barley’s ambitious pursuit of true single-origin whisky, this is a real gem for its ginger and tobacco aromas, muscular mouthfeel, and flavors of toffee, spices, and youthful oak." - Gavin Smith
- Item #: i_232390Bottle Size: 750mlOwners John and Michelle (JaM) Truchard have created quite a following in a relatively short amount of time. With the name of their wine label being called JaM, they employed the help of winemaker Rob Lloyd to produce a rich, jammy style of Cabernet. Well, that wine was a huge hit, and since Rob knew a thing or two about making Chardonnays, it only made sense that this white wine should be called "Butter". As the name implies, this is a rich, buttery style of Chardonnay laced with aromas of baked lemons and mandarin oranges mingle with a hint of spice and smoke. The palate begins with crisp pineapple, bright citrus and ripe melon while a soft creaminess rounds out the finish. This Chardonnay is ready for immediate enjoyment and is suited to a wide variety of foods including white fish, smoked salmon and creamy pasta dishes.
- Item #: i_207600Bottle Size: 750mlChardonnay grapes grown in the bottom half of the valley tend to produce rich, ripe, elegantly structured wines that are delicious on release, but also age well in the bottle; this gem is no exception! And while 75% is fermented in French oak, only 11% goes through malolactic fermentation in order to produce a full-bodied wine that's food friendly. The nose offers vivid, creamy aromas of green and golden apple, pear and citrus with supporting scents of beeswax and mineral. Full-bodied and vibrant on the palate, with bright, intense, apple, citrus and melon flavors, Cakebread's 2016 Napa Valley Chardonnay is remarkably persistent on the palate, culminating in a long finish showcasing pleasing spice, yeast and mineral tones. Released soon after bottling, it will hit its stride after 6-8 months and reward 5-7 years' aging.
- Item #: i_380019Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 91Wine Enthusiast: 90 PointsJAMES SUCKLING 91 POINTS - "This shows intense, but also some very fresh notes of blackberry compote, citrus and bracken. Medium body, zippy acidity and a fine, clear-cut finish."
WINE ENTHUSIAST 90 POINTS - "Fragrant purple flower, baking spice and black-skinned berry aromas mingle with an earthy whiff of forest floor. On the succulent palate, supple tannins and fresh acidity balance juicy Marasca cherry, crushed raspberry and licorice. It's easy drinking and savory."
A 100% Barbera, this wine is made from vineyards in southern Asti in the hills around Nizza Monferrato with limestone and clay soils that produce the most elegant and refined of all Barberas. Brimming with fresh, crisp fruit, this easy-drinking Barbera is very versatile with food due to its cleansing acidity and soft tannins. An amazing value.
Winemaker's Notes Garnet in color, the wine is medium bodied and robust with rich, ripe cherries and earth on the nose and an elegant palate.
Pairs well with a wide range of dishes: chicken scallopini with sage and wild mushrooms, farfalle pasta with pork sausage and broccoli rabe and grilled or roasted red meats.
- Item #: i_365596Bottle Size: 720mlWINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS The medium dry Asahi Shuzo NV Dassai 23 Junmai Daiginjo should be one of the lowest Seimaibuai (23%) sakes in Japan. It is pure and clean, with light but complex scents of white flowers, cherry, strawberry, banana and fresh rice. On the palate it is broad and smooth with a clean spicy finish. Rice: Yamada Nishiki. Alcohol: 16%.
Dassai 23 - Dassai blends the best ingredients with old-fashioned experience and cutting edge technology. Polished to an unprecedented 23% polish ratio (a process that takes 4 days), Dassai Junmai Daiginjo is super-refined. The nose shows off with lots of berry fruit and candy-like yeast aromas. Hints of pear, cotton candy, violet and the undeniable taste of yamadanishiki rice linger on the palate. The finish is lush and tropical, yet dry. Silky smooth on the palate, this is very special sake to be enjoyed on a special occasion.
Dassai 'Migaki Niwari Sanbu' JUNMAI DAIGINJO
Since 2011, all DASSAI products have been Kosher certified each year by "Chabad Tokyo Japan".
- Item #: i_309543Bottle Size: 750MLDecanter: 95 PointsWe are fortunate this month to find the perfect crossover hit in the Delas Saint-Esprit. This delicious Cotes-du-Rhone red blend is versatile with a full-bodied character which remains remarkably fresh. This wine will pair perfectly with your party platters of pulled pork, tri-tip or ribs as well as heartier fare of stews or chili.
This crowd-pleasing red is grown in the warmth of the Mediterranean climate and is a blend of 60% Syrah and 40% Grenache. The vineyards are influenced by the famed, harsh Mistral winds that rush through the Rhône Valley, keeping the sky clear and full of sunshine most of the time. Buffeted by the extreme winds, the vines have to work hard and create grapes of character and quality, which is evidenced in this wine by Delas. As many a talented winemaker has stated, great wines are made in the vineyard.
This dry red wine clearly shows the hallmarks of Syrah and Grenache. The nose shows gorgeous floral notes, black raspberry, bright cherries, plum and a touch of anise and spice. On the palate, the wine is generous and pleasing, showcasing bold fruits enveloped in silky tannins. This is a wine very much in balance with a harmonious and lengthy finish. Delicious!
- Item #: i_351806Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 95 Points"If you don't know about Domaine Giraud, you're missing out." - Jeb Dunnuck
"Savvy consumers should search them out" - Wine Advocate
"This is the greatest young vintage from the Southern Rhone Valley I've ever tasted, both in terms of quality as well as consistency" - Jeb Dunnuck
We are thrilled to offer an amazing Chateauneuf du Pape from Domaine Giraud. Domaine Giraud is one of the brightest stars of this famous appellation and produced some of the greatest wines in the world from the 2016 vintage. They are surprisingly accessible in their youth yet have the ability to age as well. These high scoring, delicious Rhone wines are full-bodied and deeply fruited. They display a stunning level of purity and incredible balance that set them apart.
The winemaking sister and brother team of Marie and Francois Giraud have been farming organically since 2008 after taking over the day to day operation of the winery from their father. Famed enologist Philippe Cambie consults for the winery, which boast incredible vineyard holdings.
The Domaine Giraud "Tradition" is comprised of 60% Grenache, 35% Syrah and 5% Mourvedre with the grapes averaging close to 70 years of age. This is a fantastic wine at an outstanding price with noted Rhone critic Jeb Dunnuck urging, "Buy a case of this, trust me."
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "Moving to the reds, the base 2016 Châteauneuf-du-Pape is a blockbuster, and this is one of those cases where you have to wonder if it’s worth the cost of the special cuvées when this wine is so good. Maire describes the 2016 vintage as a mix of the 2010 and 2007 vintages, and I can’t disagree. This beautiful 2016 offers a terrific nose of black raspberries, garrigue, and peppered meat in a full-bodied, ripe, incredibly sexy, seamless style. It has a boatload of tannins, and despite its intensity and richness, is still elegant and seamless. Buy a case of this, trust me."
WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - "Enticing, with bright, engaging raspberry, cherry and red currant fruit infused with gently roasted sandalwood and apple wood, garrigue and licorice root notes. A swath of tobacco underscores the finish, giving this an old-school hint."
- Item #: i_350596Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 92 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 92 POINTS - "Coming from 100% Chardonnay that was aged on Viognier lees, the 2017 Vin de France Novellum boasts sensational notes of ripe citrus, white flowers, and spice, with loads of classic Catalanes salinity and obvious minerality. Aged in 15% new barrels, it’s medium-bodied, has remarkable purity, integrated acidity, and is a total steal at the price. Drink it over the coming 2-4 years."
- Item #: i_163121Bottle Size: 750MLEagle Rare is probably one of the boldest bourbons on the market today. Buffalo Trace Distillery has won over 30 medals (more than half of which being Gold!) for Eagle Rare alone since 2001 and it’s no mystery as to why. This is a whiskey that is magnificently bold and complex with flavors which range anywhere between sweet honey, to dried herbs, spicy tobacco, leather, rich vanilla, toasted almond, cacao nibs, and the list goes on. That being said Eagle Rare 10 Year Old Single Barrel Bourbon is about as masculine as they come and is no whiskey for the faint at heart. This is a whiskey that begs to be enjoyed neat with maybe a single ice cube or a splash of water if you must.
- Item #: i_109240Bottle Size: 750MLElijah Craig is a true Small Batch premium Bourbon, and had that distinction before the term even existed.
In 1789, Rev. Elijah Craig, the "Father of Bourbon," became the first to age his whiskey in charred oak barrels. Their Master Distillers, inspired by his innovative spirit, have been perfecting the "small batch" process before it even became a name. They select a limited number of barrels of 8- to 12-year-old Bourbons that have matured to their exact specifications, then mingle them in limited quantities as Elijah Craig Small Batch Bourbon.
- Item #: i_219930Bottle Size: 750MLAlways the "darling" of Chardonnays, Far Niente Chardonnay is a blend of superlative Napa Valley vineyards, many of which are located in a little-known area called Coombsville: a cool growing region nestled in the rolling hills east of thecity of Napa. While entirely barrel-fermented, it doesn't go through the typical secondary fermentation, thus keeping itsrefreshing acidity. Perhaps this is why it appeals to such a broad spectrum of consumers!
Classic Far Niente style with aromas of grilled citrus, melon and honeysuckle with hints of white fig, gardenia and toasted hazelnuts, background of mild toasted oak that adds supportive warmth and richness. A silky entry builds on the palate with a rich texture that continues to evolve. Possessing great structure and length, a sweet core of melon and citrus is supported by white floral and toasted vanilla and baking spice notes. The broad mid palate comes back together with a long bright finish.
- Item #: i_345384Bottle Size: 750MLCôte des Roses celebrates the Mediterranean lifestyle. The Languedoc appellation stretches along the Mediterranean coast from the Spanish border as far as the city of Nîmes, along the foothills of the Montagne Noire and the Cévennes. The soils are highly varied, mainly with hard limestone and schist, but also gravel transported by the rivers of the Languedoc region.
The warm, windy climate (“semi-arid Mediterranean climate with mild winters”) helps the grapes to ripen in good, healthy condition, while retaining all their fresher qualities thanks to the altitude and the influence of the sea which eases the scorching summer heat. The bottle is original with its base in the shape of a rose, created by a young designer from the Ecole Boulle. A wine to be given in the same way you would offer a bunch of roses!
A soft, pale, brilliant pink with bluish tints developing over time towards more orangey nuances. The bouquet releases aromas of summer fruits, cassis and redcurrant. Floral notes of rose along with hints of grapefruit complete the picture. The finish is fresh, offering notes of candy. On the palate the impression is fresh and full, with great aromatic persistence and balance.
- Item #: i_372443Bottle Size: 750MLThis pleasant, clean, fruity yet crisp Pinot Grigio comes to us from father and son team Edi and Aleks Simcic (SEEM chitch) in the Primorska region of Slovenia, just a stone's throw from Italy's Friulian border and the Colli Orientali. Green apples on the nose; good fruit in the mouth balanced by good acidity on the finish. Great value!
- Item #: i_111610Bottle Size: 750MLThe Glenlivet 12 Double Oak
This whisky has been called a lot of things in its time: smooth, fruity, complex, sophisticated, entertaining, classic. The Original Malt Whisky Almanac says: “A first-class malt. One of the most popular malts in the world – deservedly so.” Representing The Glenlivet’s signature style, this classic malt is first matured in traditional oak, before spending time in American oak casks which impart notes of vanilla and gives the whisky its distinctive smoothness. The mineral-rich water that comes from Josie’s Well helps form the flavors during mashing and fermentation, whilst the specific height and width of the copper stills add a delicate yet complex character. Keep a bottle on hand for every occasion.
Color - Bright, vibrant gold
Nose - Fruity and summery
Cask - Traditional and American Oak
Palate - Well-balanced and fruity, with strong pineapple notes
Flavor - Delicately balanced with strong pineapple notes
Finish - Long, creamy, smooth
- Item #: i_112270Bottle Size: 750MLThe original liqueur created in 1880 by Louis Alexandre Marnier Lapostolle. A delicate blend of fine cognacs and distilled essence of tropical oranges with the addition of the Marnier Lapostolle secret. Slow ageing in French oak casts gives it incomparable roundness and subtlety.