Catalog Advanced Search
34 items were found using the following search criteria
- Top Seller: Yes
- Item #: i_383270Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92We are very excited to get the 2020 bottling of the Allan Scott Sauvignon Blanc-- the 2019 version was enjoyed mightily by valued customers and staff alike and we think the ‘20 may be even better! A Wine Spectator 92 Point wine for just under $12?? That tastes this good? Yes Yes!! This may be your new end-of-summer quencher for the last weeks of warmth ahead.
The nose is luxurious and rife with fresh scents: mixed stone fruits, citrus, gooseberry, wet grass and a mélange of heavy cream, beeswax and well water. Such complexity at this price? Lead on! The palate continues the bang-for-the-buck tour offering a rich viscosity and mouthfeel that leads to flavors reiterating the palate: peach melba, citrus, apricots, créme fraiche and a touch of mineral, made buoyant by a layer of underlying acidity. Pair with seafood, vegetable dishes, cheeses or enjoy solo-- this is balanced, beautiful wine.
The 2020 Sauvignon Blanc is an early release vineyard off their Millstone block, one of the earlier planted blocks in the Marlborough region (it’s in the heart of Rapaura). Wines from this area are grown in very alluvial soils that produce wines with brilliant acidity and purity.
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Supple and succulent, offering a generous and juicy mix of passion fruit, Key lime and ruby grapefruit flavors. Expressive and strong on the finish, with touches of freshly grated ginger and green tea. Drink now."
WINE ORBIT 94 POINTS - "It's intensely aromatic and instantly appealing on the nose showing grapefruit, Granny Smith apple, nectarine and lime peel aromas, leading to a concentrated palate that’s lively and flavoursome. It’s punchy and vibrant with excellent varietal purity, finishing long and refreshing. At its best: now to 2023." Sam Kim
- Item #: i_381415Bottle Size: 750mlThis amazing Garnacha (Grenache) with the eye-catching label offers so much for so little. The fruit is bright and fresh, the palate is silky smooth, and there is surprising complexity for a wine at this price-point. Enticing flavors of raspberry liqueur, black cherry, licorice, and exotic spices reveal themselves with each sip. Bodegas Ateca Honoro Vera is made by the Gil Family Estates who also make the famed El Nido Clio amongst other top values from Spain. They source grapes from the estate’s 60 year old Garnacha vines in Calatayud, Spain and the results speak for themselves. The quality-to-price ratio for the Honoro Vera Garnacha is off the charts and represents an incredible value in the world of wine. Delicious!
- Item #: i_232390Bottle Size: 750mlOwners John and Michelle (JaM) Truchard have created quite a following in a relatively short amount of time. With the name of their wine label being called JaM, they employed the help of winemaker Rob Lloyd to produce a rich, jammy style of Cabernet. Well, that wine was a huge hit, and since Rob knew a thing or two about making Chardonnays, it only made sense that this white wine should be called "Butter". As the name implies, this is a rich, buttery style of Chardonnay laced with aromas of baked lemons and mandarin oranges mingle with a hint of spice and smoke. The palate begins with crisp pineapple, bright citrus and ripe melon while a soft creaminess rounds out the finish. This Chardonnay is ready for immediate enjoyment and is suited to a wide variety of foods including white fish, smoked salmon and creamy pasta dishes.
- Item #: i_207600Bottle Size: 750mlChardonnay grapes grown in the bottom half of the valley tend to produce rich, ripe, elegantly structured wines that are delicious on release, but also age well in the bottle; this gem is no exception! And while 75% is fermented in French oak, only 11% goes through malolactic fermentation in order to produce a full-bodied wine that's food friendly. The nose offers vivid, creamy aromas of green and golden apple, pear and citrus with supporting scents of beeswax and mineral. Full-bodied and vibrant on the palate, with bright, intense, apple, citrus and melon flavors, Cakebread's 2018 Napa Valley Chardonnay is remarkably persistent on the palate, culminating in a long finish showcasing pleasing spice, yeast and mineral tones. Released soon after bottling, it will hit its stride after 6-8 months and reward 5-7 years' aging.
- Item #: i_210510Bottle Size: 750mlIt’s not always easy to find a fantastic California Cabernet Sauvignon at such a reasonable price-- but, it’s our goal every year for our December Wine of the Month. Once in a while, however, if we’ve been very good and Elf On The Shelf has nothing but positive comments to pass along to Santa, we find the right wine at the right time. This is that wine and we are completely besotted with it--- and believe you will be, too!
The nose is filled with cherry and red berry fruits, scents of rose petal and mixed florals with a touch of cigar box and earth. The fruit smells perfectly ripe! Upon tasting, the fruit flavors are clearly reiterated as more cherries and red berries dominate, bolstered by ample acidity and moderate tannins keeping the wine light on the tongue, uplifting, refreshing. California dust, mild earthiness and a soupçon of cured meats lend depth to the sweet fruits and moderating tannins and acidity. Extremely tasty and enjoyable with depth and flavors drinking way above its price point, this is certainly a holiday gift for all Cab lovers-- buy and enjoy with confidence!
About the Winery - Proprietor-négociants Chris Nickolopoulos and Elijah Pfister, through their parent company Nine North Wine Co. out of Napa, work with a handful of California’s most respected grape growers and wineries selecting the finest rows, plots, barrels and lots from each vintage. They strive to blend these selections into finished wines which carefully balance ripeness and acidity to achieve both regional typicity and unique, expressive flavor profiles. This is a story of two friends who started a wine company over many barbecues and countless bottles of wine.
“I grew up in a multi generational farming family. In 1974 at the age of five, I began to follow my grandfather every day on the family farm as he tended to his ranch. Over the years he taught me a lot about farming but more importantly about life. Then one day in my late teens, he told me it was time to get off the ranch and ‘go chase lions.’ I never asked him what he meant by that, because something inside me already knew. It’s been over 20 years now since he passed and I have been chasing lions ever since.”
For this unique blend, Chris and Elijah have been sourcing Cabernet and Merlot from the same vineyard sites for the last three years. When they first found the lot of Cabernet they thought, “Wow – that’s really good Cab from the central valley!” But they both felt it needed a little something to knock the dust off the fruit. They found a lot of Merlot (from Monterey County no less!), and blended in just a small percent. When they put their noses in the glasses, they knew they had a winner. Enjoy this crowd-pleasing wine with grilled hanger steak, burgers and grilled red meats.
- Item #: i_353335Bottle Size: EACHWine Advocate: 90Jeb Dunnuck: 91"These are serious wines, at great prices, and readers need to jump on these before the prices catch up with the quality" - Jeb Dunnuck
"One of my all-time favorite producers in France" - Robert Parker, Wine Advocate
"Château Pesquié is one of the great estates of the Ventoux" - Joe Czerwinski, Wine Advocate
We just brought in an incredible value that is a great choice as a daily drinker and has been selected as our Wine of the Month. We were able to try the new vintage on this deeply fruited Rhone blend and loved it! Incredibly satisfying with its array of perfectly ripened fruit and a freshness that has us asking for more. This is yet another jewel from importer, Eric Solomon who specializes in sourcing amazing wines at reasonable prices. Rhone loving wine critic Jeb Dunnuck gave Chateau Pesquie Edition 1912 a score of 91 Points noting its "richness, terrific elegance on the palate, and outstanding length."
Dunnuck also wrote, "I continue to sing the praises of Château Pesquié, which is one of the leading estates in the Ventoux region and is run by the talented brothers, Alexandre and Frederic Chaudiere. Don't let the prices fool you, these wines are the real deal." We completely agree!
Named for the elevation of Mont Ventoux (1912 meters above sea level), Edition 1912M is a cuvée made from about 70% Grenache and 30% Syrah with small additions of Cinsault and Carignan. As with most of the southern Rhone, this area is bathed in intense sunshine which allows the grapes to achieve optimal ripeness. This wine demonstrates the freshness and vibrancy that Ventoux is capable of achieving due to its elevation and its unique microclimate provided by the nearby mountain. The result is a supple and rounded style that's ready to drink and so easy to like.
Chateau Pesquie's 1912 is a delicious wine and an amazing value. Buy this with confidence as an easygoing daily drinker to share with family and friends.
JEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - "Moving to the reds and starting with the 2019 Ventoux Edition 1912M, this Grenache-dominated red comes from higher elevation sites and always has a cooler climate, fresher, more lively style. Revealing a pretty nose of ripe cherries, sappy garrigue, and spring flowers, it has a wonderful sense of minerality, medium-bodied richness, terrific elegance on the palate, and outstanding length. It's well worth checking out. You can drink it today, but it will also evolve for a solid 8-9 years, if not longer, and I think this wine sells for a song, so that's saying something."
WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "A tank-aged blend of 70% Grenache, 20% Syrah and 10% Cinsault, the 2019 Ventoux Edition 1912M features bright, vibrant notes of cherries and hints of garrigue on the nose. It's medium to full-bodied in the mouth, supple and almost creamy in texture, then silky and mouthwatering on the finish. Drink this easy-drinking wine over the next few years."
- Item #: i_353137Bottle Size: 750mlWe are excited to announce our Wine of the Month for March. We tried numerous wines before selecting the crowd-pleasing Clos des Lumieres Cotes du Rhone. This is a fantastic wine and amazing value, boasting stunning purity with oodles of fruit in a medium to full-bodied frame. The Grenache brings a lovely round, silkiness to the red-fruited character while the Syrah brings gentle spice and darker fruits into play. This is a joy to drink with absolutely no hard edges!
A classic blend of 70% Grenache and 30% Syrah, Le Clos des Lumieres delights both nose and palate and is a great fit for this month as we move from Winter to Spring. As the days begin to grow longer and our menus move from heartier to fresher and more vibrant fare, we like a wine that can handle both-- something to sip during the still-chilly nights with rich foods while being equally at ease for sunny Sunday brunches. This is it!
Domaine le Clos des Lumieres is a 50-hectare family farm founded in 1946 by the grandfather of the domaine's current vigneron, Gerald Serrano. The ambitious and talented winemaker is solely responsible for the recent ascendance of this estate - Prior to taking things over in 2003 Gerald's father was selling all grapes on the estate to the local cooperative. Having grown up on the property, Gerald is intimately familiar with the terroir here. The oldest vines now edge 60 years in age and this land really seems to "pack the character in."
Clos des Lumieres is a delicious wine and an amazing value. Buy this with confidence as an easygoing daily drinker to share with family and friends.
The nose is rich and layered with dark red fruits leading to citrus, earth, incense, spice and sweet red plum. The mouth is viscous and rounded with soft acidity and balanced tannins that bolster the flavors of mixed red fruits and berries (red plum and blueberry stand out), light earth and Rhone-y spice, pepper, garrique and a finish of salted plum and kirsch. Very comfortable in its skin and offering quality that's way out of its price point, Lumieres is certainly a bright spot on the wine landscape and easily deserves the spotlight this month.
- Item #: i_214800Bottle Size: 750mlFamily owned and operated, DAOU is committed to producing collectible, world-class wines to rival the most respected appellations in the world. Situated on a 212-acre hilltop estate in the Adelaida District of Paso Robles, their remarkable geology, favorable microclimate, and high elevation were once described by renowned California winemaker Andre Tchelistcheff as "a jewel of ecological elements." As stewards of this beautiful terroir, DAOU's goal is to make unique fine wines that honestly and accurately reflect the potential of the estate and to craft wines that combine Old World tradition with New World techniques.
The 2018 vintage shows characteristics that are rich and sophisticated on the nose with currant, black cherry, cedar and eucalyptus, and displays undertones of briary blackberry and wet gravel. Ancillary aromas of coffee and cocoa are rounded out nicely with notes of crushed sage and baking spice. Full bodied and formidable on the palate, offering enticing and juicy wild blackberry, Oregon blueberry and crisp black cherry flavors. Hints of plum and mulberry are accentuated with fig, black olives and fine leather. Excellent structure and harmony between the pure fruit core and firm, supple backbone of polished tannins. Finish is surprisingly elegant for a wine of such power. Silky and smooth, ending on lovely notes of sweet cherry and boysenberry.
- Item #: i_350596Bottle Size: 750mlThe beauty of Novellum is it combines the perfectly-ripened fruit and richness you might find in a high-quality California Chardonnay with the brightness and minerality you expect in Burgundy. This combination makes it the perfect crossover wine which appeals to those who enjoy either California or French Chardonnay.
Domaine Lafage is on amazing roll where everything they touch seems to turn to gold; they are producing absolutely gorgeous wines. Lafage first came upon our radar with Bastide Miraflors, Narassa and Tessellae which have been huge hits. We emailed out the previous vintage of Novellum Chardonnay and our customers went nuts for it. We really enjoy this wine and feel it is an amazing value.
This is an excellent "Everyday Drinker" that you can open up during the week to enjoy with dinner or simply unwind with a glass on its own. Domaine Lafage's Novellum is a delicious wine, which would make a terrific case purchase.
- Item #: i_164000Bottle Size: 750ml **Celebrated in exclusive cocktail bars, restaurants and nightclubs, the iconic Don Julio 1942 Tequila is the choice of connoisseurs around the globe. Produced in small batches and aged for a minimum of two and a half years, Don Julio 1942 Tequila is handcrafted in tribute to the year that Don Julio González began his tequila-making journey.
- Item #: i_163121Bottle Size: 750MLEagle Rare is probably one of the boldest bourbons on the market today. Buffalo Trace Distillery has won over 30 medals (more than half of which being Gold!) for Eagle Rare alone since 2001 and it’s no mystery as to why. This is a whiskey that is magnificently bold and complex with flavors which range anywhere between sweet honey, to dried herbs, spicy tobacco, leather, rich vanilla, toasted almond, cacao nibs, and the list goes on. That being said Eagle Rare 10 Year Old Single Barrel Bourbon is about as masculine as they come and is no whiskey for the faint at heart. This is a whiskey that begs to be enjoyed neat with maybe a single ice cube or a splash of water if you must.
- Item #: i_219930Bottle Size: 750MLAlways the "darling" of Chardonnays, Far Niente Chardonnay is a blend of superlative Napa Valley vineyards, many of which are located in a little-known area called Coombsville: a cool growing region nestled in the rolling hills east of thecity of Napa. While entirely barrel-fermented, it doesn't go through the typical secondary fermentation, thus keeping itsrefreshing acidity. Perhaps this is why it appeals to such a broad spectrum of consumers!
Classic Far Niente style with aromas of grilled citrus, melon and honeysuckle with hints of white fig, gardenia and toasted hazelnuts, background of mild toasted oak that adds supportive warmth and richness. A silky entry builds on the palate with a rich texture that continues to evolve. Possessing great structure and length, a sweet core of melon and citrus is supported by white floral and toasted vanilla and baking spice notes. The broad mid palate comes back together with a long bright finish.
- Item #: i_111610Bottle Size: 750MLThe Glenlivet 12 Double Oak
This whisky has been called a lot of things in its time: smooth, fruity, complex, sophisticated, entertaining, classic. The Original Malt Whisky Almanac says: “A first-class malt. One of the most popular malts in the world – deservedly so.” Representing The Glenlivet’s signature style, this classic malt is first matured in traditional oak, before spending time in American oak casks which impart notes of vanilla and gives the whisky its distinctive smoothness. The mineral-rich water that comes from Josie’s Well helps form the flavors during mashing and fermentation, whilst the specific height and width of the copper stills add a delicate yet complex character. Keep a bottle on hand for every occasion.
Color - Bright, vibrant gold
Nose - Fruity and summery
Cask - Traditional and American Oak
Palate - Well-balanced and fruity, with strong pineapple notes
Flavor - Delicately balanced with strong pineapple notes
Finish - Long, creamy, smooth
- Item #: i_311555Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91Jeb Dunnuck: 90Guigal is a reference point estate for the Northern Rhone Valley whose name is synonymous with quality. This quality extends from their entry level wines all the way up to the single vineyard Cote Rotie's.
The value priced Cotes du Rhone Rouge and Blanc are amongst our best selling wines as they consistently over-deliver.
Most Rhone red blends are Grenache dominant, but Guigal is based in the Northern Rhone where Syrah is king. This delicious wine is comprised of 50% Syrah, 40% Grenache and 10% Mourvedre. It is rich, full-bodied and made in a crowd-pleasing style. The red received a 91 Point Score from Wine Advocate which called it a "ripe, silky wine that should bring pleasure to thousands of consumers."
At the sale price of $12.99 each, it is a good time to stock up on this delicious daily drinker.
WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "There are an impressive 4.5 million bottles of the 2016 Cotes du Rhone, a ripe, silky wine that should bring pleasure to thousands of consumers. Cherries and raspberries mark the nose, while the medium to full-bodied palate adds nuances of cola, tree bark and spice. Often available at retail for under $15 per bottle, it represents a terrific value."
JEB DUNNUCK 90 POINTS - "As with the white, the quality of the basic Cotes du Rhone is more than noteworthy, especially when you consider the quantity produced. From a great, great vintage for the Southern Rhone, the 2016 Cotes du Rhone shows an upfront, sunny style as well as Provencal notes of spiced red and black fruits, ground pepper, and garrigue. Drink this medium to full-bodied, ripe, sexy effort over the coming 4-6 years. It will evolve even longer."
- Item #: i_228290Bottle Size: 750mlThe Hahn Family has been farming in the Santa Lucia Highlands area since the late ‘70s with land purchased to graze livestock. It didn’t take long for Nicky Hahn to see a much greater potential for his acreage and by 1980 had produced his first wine. The region’s climate was unique from surrounding areas and over the next 8 years it gained its status as an AVA thanks to Nicky Hahn leading the charge. Over the years the family has acquired additional Vineyards in the region totaling 650 acres all sustainably farmed and family operated.
- Item #: i_268730Bottle Size: 750mlThis is the wine that we perhaps take the greatest care in finding. Sourcing a fantastic wine at $100 is not that hard, but finding a wine of that shows character, nuance, depth, and body at the $20 price can be quite difficult. But we have always been up to the task for you, and this year, we may have found one of our best $20 Cabernets yet! Iron and Sand hails from Paso Robles, the same region that has brought us previous winners such as The Fableist, End Post, and McPrice Myers. The name is a nostalgic nod to the natural draw of the historic hot springs, Iron Spring and Sand Spring, that propelled Paso Robles into a bustling destination known as California's oldest watering place. Iron and sand are also important elements in the wine's classic Paso terroir, as the sturdy iron trellising supports the bearing vines and the alluvial, well-drained sandy soils are the perfect match for Cabernet Sauvignon.
From the very first sip of this wine, we knew we had something special in our glasses. We even opened up a second bottle at a later date (you know…for verification...wink wink) and this bottle was just as good as the first one! Dense purple in color, this wine leaps from the glass with hedonistic aromas of dark cherries, blackberry preserves, and a dusting of cocoa powder and clove. On entry, the ripe, dark fruit flavors hit the palate before giving way to a hint of earthiness and rich chocolate covered cherries complemented by lively freshness and fine tannins that lift the wine towards a long, supple, and mouthwatering finish. Wow!
- Item #: i_233330Bottle Size: 750mlDark purple in color with a ruby core that lightens at the rim and moderately stained, pronounced tears form on the glass. This wine is aromatic with ripe black and red cherry, blackcurrant and berry fruit, baking spice and sweet tobacco with red and black licorice, oak, cocoa and subtle camphor notes.
- Item #: i_162036Bottle Size: 1.75LAwarded 98 Points from Cigar & Spirits Magazine (September/October 2014) and voted the #1 Best Selling Vodka by Drink International’s 50 Best Bars Brand Report – 2016, Ketel One is a vodka appreciated by many.
Using carefully selected European wheat and a combination of modern and traditional distilling techniques, we produce an exceptional product, both crisp to taste and soft on finish. Here, the 4Fs – Fragrance, Flavor, Feel and Finish – help to define what makes Ketel One Vodka so unique.
- Item #: i_325558Bottle Size: 750MLLamarca is a sparkling wine made in the Treviso area of northern Italy from the Prosecco grape. It shows delicate fruit and flora aromatics, a low level of alcohol and a friendly mouth feel. Wine maker Fabrizio Gatto has truly created a top drawer Prosecco at a most agreeable price.
WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "A delicate, well-balanced Prosecco, showing a good blend of baked apple, sour lemon and grapefruit, with a lightly creamy mineral texture on the palate. Medium froth, with some body and a pleasant lemon and mineral finish."
- Item #: i_370710Bottle Size: 750MLThe grapes for this basic cuvée of Sancerre are sourced from the vineyards in Bué, Vinon and Crézancy. After harvest, fermentation is done in stainless steel cuves at temperatures between 14 and 18 degrees Celsius. As with all the whites at the domaine, this wine sits in contact with the fine lies for a considerable period of time with the racking being done late in the spring following harvest. The first bottling occurs no earlier than July and frequently does not occur until September of the year following harvest.
- Item #: i_376488Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90JOHN GILMAN 92+ POINTS-"The new release of Moutard Grande Cuvée is made from one hundred percent pinot noir and does not undergo malolactic fermentation, prior to being aged on its lees for three years prior to disgorgement. If my math is correct, the new bottling is based primarily on the 2010 vintage, and the wine offers up a simply superb bouquet of apple, a touch of quince, fresh-baked bread, incipient notes of almond skin, marvelously complex soil tones and a gently floral topnote. On the palate the wine is crisp, full-bodied, focused and still quite youthful, with a superb core of fruit, very refined mousse, excellent balance and fine grip on the very long and youthfully complex finish. This does not quite have the same early mid-palate generosity of last year’s version (based on 2009 fruit), and I would opt for giving it a year in the cellar to start to really hit on all cylinders. A stellar bottle of non-vintage Brut."
WINE ADVOCATE 90 P0INTS - "I was quite taken with the wines I tasted from Moutard this year. The NV Brut Grande Cuvee (Pinot Noir) emerges from the glass with high-toned notes of Mirabelle plums, kirsch, crushed flowers and sweet herbs. There is an exotic quality to the Grande Cuvee that is totally beguiling. Intensely aromatic and layered through to the finish, the Grande Cuvee impresses for its delicate, feminine personality and overall balance. This release is based on the 2009 vintage with the addition of 30% reserve wines. Dosage was 10 grams per liter. Disgorged July 2012. Anticipated maturity: 2012-2015."
Moutard is a small, family-run estate located in Buxeuil, in the heart of the Cote des Bar (Department of the Aube) about sixty-five miles south of Epernay. The families of Champagne Moutard have been living in Buxeuil since the mid 17th Century, and have a long tradition of grape farming and Champagne production. The Cote des Bar's mix of clay and limestone soils is particularly well suited to Pinot Noir production and this Grand Cuvee makes perfect poster child for the area. It is a 100% Pint Noir blend that was vinified in stainless steel without malolactic in order to preserve its fruit character and cut.
- Item #: i_163690Bottle Size: 750MLThis pale yellow reposado has a moderate, pungent attack. Not complex with a moderate agave intensity. Some earthy agave mixed with smoke, caramel and traces of pepper round out the nose to give it a full sweet mouth feel. The domination of the caramel and earthy agave flavors give it a hot finish that develops into white pepper and creamy carmel.80 proof. NOM 1103
- Item #: i_255200Bottle Size: 750mlThe fruit for this wine comes from vineyards in the Carneros region owned by the Rombauer family and select growers including the Sangiacomo family, long-term grower partners who have farmed this land for three generations. The grapes were gently whole-cluster pressed while the fruit was still cool. The juice was pumped to tank to cold-settle overnight before it was racked to barrel for primary and malolactic fermentation. The lees were stirred every two weeks to give the wine rich flavors and a creamy texture.
Enticing aromas of vanilla, peach and mango are layered with apricots, creme brulee, butter and a slight minerality. Those scents are echoed as flavors on the creamy, rich palate, along with peach, pie crust and baking spices. The long, smooth finish is marked by mouthwatering acidity.
- Item #: i_375045Bottle Size: 750MLLimoux, the city in Languedoc in southern France, is believed to be the birthplace of sparkling wine, with local historians asserting that monks from the abbey at Saint-Hilaire brought this certain 'pop' to wine in 1531 AD. Closer to home in locale and temporality, the last inventory of Thomas Jefferson's wine cellar listed 49 bottles of Blanquette de Limoux.
The nose reveled in hints of pastry dough, citrusy notes of tangerine and lemon and a touch of peach melba and sea air. The palate is an enchanting melanage of more citrus , touches of honeysuckle and vanilla bean with a cleansing layer of minerality coursing throughout, like a glacial stream galloping seaward.
- Item #: i_275116Bottle Size: 750mlSilver Oak's 2015 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon is comprised of 81% Cabernet Sauvignon, 12.6% Merlot, 3.6% Cabernet Franc, 2.4% Petit Verdot and 0.4% Malbec. It was blended in early 2016 and aged for 24 months in 85% new American oak and 15% one-used American oak barrels from their Missouri cooperage, The Oak. Early blending assures a balanced core and allows all components to achieve a seamless harmony during barrel aging. It was then aged for an additional 20 months in bottle before being released in February of 2020.
This 2015 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon has a deep, rich red color with a purple rim. A robust wine with an assertive and alluring attack, it has notes of strawberry, cigar and tea leaves with a touch of black pepper and clove. A mouthwatering mid-palate of raspberry is followed by an expressive and bright finish. With lush and silky tannins, this ageworthy wine will show beautifully through 2038 given proper cellaring conditions.
- Item #: i_317750Bottle Size: 750mlJAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS-"This famous Yellow Label is is in great shape with a really fresh and complex integrated feel to it from head to toe. The nose has plenty of lemon and grapefruit citrus, as well as lightly toasted hazelnuts and ripe, summery fruits. On the palate it has the trademark assertive style, some useful cut and plenty of lemon biscuit flavor. A great all-rounder: Drink now. (11/16)."
- Item #: i_311155Bottle Size: 750MLGrenache, Rolle, Cinsault, Syrah, Mourvèdre.Grapes harvested in crates, only in the morning.Sorted-out twice.Maceration at 10-12°C to extract aromas.Vinification in stainless-steel vats.Temperature controlled.Bâtonnages.This assemblage has been made withoutbarrel fermentation to keep the freshnessand all the fruit flavors.
- Item #: i_333220Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "Clean and balanced, this white offers white peach, apple and floral aromas and flavors. A hint of mineral graces the mouthwatering finish. Drink now through 2023."