Catalog Advanced Search
59 items were found using the following search criteria
- Top Seller: Yes
- Item #: i_228290Bottle Size: 750mlThe Hahn Family has been farming in the Santa Lucia Highlands area since the late ‘70s with land purchased to graze livestock. It didn’t take long for Nicky Hahn to see a much greater potential for his acreage and by 1980 had produced his first wine. The region’s climate was unique from surrounding areas and over the next 8 years it gained its status as an AVA thanks to Nicky Hahn leading the charge. Over the years the family has acquired additional Vineyards in the region totaling 650 acres all sustainably farmed and family operated.
- Item #: i_365551Bottle Size: 720mlHakutsuru 'Superior' JUNMAI GINJO
SMV +3, ACIDITY 1.3, ALCOHOL %14.5 Serve: Tepid, or Chilled, With: Rich salty dishes; Steamed clams; Sashimi; Broiled Meats Hakutsuru Junmai Ginjo
Using only the finest rice, and Nada's famed natural spring water Miyamizu, Junmai Ginjo has been brewed with meticulous care and traditional method. This flowery fragrant Sake with silky, well-balanced smoothness can be enjoyed chilled or at room temperature. Matches dishes with a slightly salty taste or a slightly soy taste.Sauted vegetable, Baby clams steamed in Sake, Japanese pickles, Sashimi, Yakitori (chicken cooked over charcoal, salt flavored or soy sauce flavored).
- Item #: i_380390Bottle Size: 750mlWINEMAKER NOTES - "Vibrant tropical aromas of passionfruit and mango leap from the glass mixed with zingy accents of citrus and herbs. Subtle sweet and tangy hints of yellow sherbet fizz are intriguing. The palate embraces concentrated tropical fruit flavours of passionfruit, pineapple and with tones of citrus, complimented with fresh lemon-grass. Juicy and dry, with nice acidity, the wine makes you salivate whilst the flavours linger."
- Item #: i_162036Bottle Size: 1.75LAwarded 98 Points from Cigar & Spirits Magazine (September/October 2014) and voted the #1 Best Selling Vodka by Drink International’s 50 Best Bars Brand Report – 2016, Ketel One is a vodka appreciated by many.
Using carefully selected European wheat and a combination of modern and traditional distilling techniques, we produce an exceptional product, both crisp to taste and soft on finish. Here, the 4Fs – Fragrance, Flavor, Feel and Finish – help to define what makes Ketel One Vodka so unique.
- Item #: i_236450Bottle Size: 750MLHere’s an old favorite which we love and promote for good reason. The La Crema Chardonnay shows off its true Sonoma Coast origins like a very expensive wine should, but wait... this only costs $15.99!
There are delicious flavors of pear, white peach and butterscotch intermingling on the palette and a long lingering finish that goes farther than any wine at this price should. This wine is more than just value, as it shows true depth and personality. Winemaker Melissa Stackhouse takes great care in ensuring that this wine is balanced and a marvelous stand out in the great sea of value-priced Chardonnay.
Just a quick whiff reveals great purity, with huge tropical and floral notes. In light of our current economic climate, La Crema Winery hits the mark on quality and availability, all the while delivering it prudently. Oh! And we should mention that Robert Parker said, This Chardonnay / Pinot Noir specialist should receive rave notices from bargain hunters looking for a top-flight Chardonnay that is complex, rich, and widely available. So we are by no means the only people who understand this winery's significance.
- Item #: i_325558Bottle Size: 750MLLamarca is a sparkling wine made in the Treviso area of northern Italy from the Prosecco grape. It shows delicate fruit and flora aromatics, a low level of alcohol and a friendly mouth feel. Wine maker Fabrizio Gatto has truly created a top drawer Prosecco at a most agreeable price.
WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "A delicate, well-balanced Prosecco, showing a good blend of baked apple, sour lemon and grapefruit, with a lightly creamy mineral texture on the palate. Medium froth, with some body and a pleasant lemon and mineral finish."
- Item #: i_353108Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 91James Suckling: 93We are thrilled to offer the 2015 Reserve de Leoville Barton which is undoubtedly the greatest second wine ever made by the famous 2nd Growth Estate from Saint-Julien. La Reserve is produced with a selection of grapes from the younger vines of Leoville Barton. This wine is absolutely delicious and shows the rich, succulent fruit profile which is the hallmark of the great 2015 vintage.
James Suckling agrees and gave La Reserve a score of 93 Points noting the wine has, "ultra-fine tannins and a vivid finish." The Wine Spectator awarded La Reserve 91 Points stating, "Will be hard to lay off in the near-term."
Leoville Barton is regarded as one of the great estates of Bordeaux and a super star from the appellation of Saint Julien. The vineyard is nestled among the most beautiful slopes of Garonne gravel, facing the Gironde River. The clay and gravel subsoil provides excellent growing conditions for the vineyards which are planted to Cabernet Sauvignon (74%), Merlot (23%) and Cabernet Franc (3%).
By lowering crop yields and intense focus in the vineyard, the fruit is harvested at peak ripeness with enviable concentration of color and flavors. Strict sorting and the increased focus on the second wine show in the quality of this cuvee. The wine is aged between 16 and 18 months in French oak barrels.
The nose is very expressive with blackberry, blueberry and cassis notes. On the palate, the wine is smooth, fleshy, full-bodied and powerful while keeping the finesse typical of Saint Julien wines.
The 2015 Reserve de Leoville Barton is simply a joy to drink. This is a great opportunity to enjoy the pedigree and expertise of this historic estate at the lowest price in the nation.
JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "A round and velvety second wine from Léoville Barton with currants, minerals and sandalwood. Medium to full body, ultra-fine tannins and a vivid finish. No new oak. Drink now or hold."
WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "Offers a wonderful display of dark fig, boysenberry and blackberry preserve flavors scored liberally with pastis, licorice snap and ganache notes. The roasted apple wood backdrop on the finish lets the fruit play out. Will be hard to lay off in the near-term."
- Item #: i_370710Bottle Size: 750MLThe grapes for this basic cuvée of Sancerre are sourced from the vineyards in Bué, Vinon and Crézancy. After harvest, fermentation is done in stainless steel cuves at temperatures between 14 and 18 degrees Celsius. As with all the whites at the domaine, this wine sits in contact with the fine lies for a considerable period of time with the racking being done late in the spring following harvest. The first bottling occurs no earlier than July and frequently does not occur until September of the year following harvest.
- Item #: i_117760Bottle Size: 750MLThe Macallan 18, an aristocrat in the pantheon of well aged whisky, one of the biggest names in single malt Scotch and always a welcomed dram for anyone! With a nose of dried fruits (cherries, raisins, currants and darker tree fruit) with ginger, vanilla and toasty oak The Macallan 18 invites you to imbibe. The flavors to not disappoint, instead the burst into activity showing you the aromas as a palate dance and adding vibrant spice, toffee, roasted nuts wrapped, of course, in rich sherry-very nice. The finish lingers softly iterating the overall harmonious display of taste in a delicate fade that further reveals sweet earthy tones. The aftertaste is evocatively brisk with nuttiness and layers of oaky vanilla.
- Item #: i_239885Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 94The name Martin Ray resonates deeply in the history of California Winemaking. Martin Ray was a pioneer, dedicated to crafting single varietal, region specific wine from 1943 through 1972 in Saratoga, the heart of the Santa Cruz Mountains. Mentored by Paul Masson, he took a burgundian approach to his winemaking and developed what is now one of the most historical properties in California, known as Mount Eden.
Nearly twenty years later, Courtney Benham stumbled upon 1500 cases of Martin Ray wine in a San Jose warehouse. Recognizing his good fortune, and his intent and drive to produce terroir driven wines, Ray's historical significance and philosophy resonated with him. Courtney purchased the brand, and since 1990 has been committed to the production of artisanal wines worthy of the Martin Ray name.
Carefully chosen from various vineyards throughout the Russian River Valley and Carneros, this wine's largest components are grown only feet from the river itself, coming from Richioli, Cartan, and Tina Marie. The grapes were fermented separately in small open-top fermenters with gentle punch-downs. The fermentations were carefully maintained at moderate temperatures until dry, when the must was basket-pressed then pumped into barrels for completion of malolactic fermentation. Lots were aged for eleven months in new premium French oak barrels, along with more nuanced 1-2 year old barrels.
JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "This is really fresh and clean with sliced dried strawberries, flowers and citrus. Medium-bodied, very poised and refined with a long, crisp finish. California brightness with French sensitivity. Drink or hold."
- Item #: i_241360Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 95In the wind-swept, rolling hills of western Santa Barbara County, you will find one of the best cool-climate growing regions on earth. And in this area, you will find one of the more consistent Pinot Noir producers in California!
Ron Melville and his family have been farming high quality grapes for over 30 years. After finding success in Sonoma County, Ron's desire to grow cold-climate Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Syrah brought Melville Vineyards to the Sta. Rita Hills. The Sta. Rita Hills AVA is unique, as it is one of the few grape growing regions in California whose valley runs west to east. In doing so, the cooling air from the Pacific Ocean is able to rush through the area, keeping the daily temperatures low, and providing a long growing season that maximizes flavors. The soils at Melville are a mix of sand and clay, giving Pinot Noir beautiful aromatics combined with ripe, but not overpowering fruit. In addition, Melville plants their vines at a denser spacing than most. In doing so, root systems must compete with each other, inhibiting rigorous growth, naturally lowering yields and furthering the development of flavor and concentration. Farming at Melville is sustainable at a minimum, but often done organically.
Melville's "Estate" Pinot Noir is a collection of 16 different Pinot Noir clones fermented in small 1.5 ton open-top fermenters. Yields were just 1.5 tons per acre! This is the type of small yields that you typically see for Pinot Noirs selling for $75-$100+...but Melville's wine sells for way less than that! Combine that with the stellar 95 point score from critic Antonio Galloni, and you'll see why this has been one of our favorite wines to sell for the past several years! This is the first vintage "from grape to glass" that Chad Melville has produced since taking over from Greg Brewer, and if this is any indication, the Melville wines are destined for continued greatness!
ANTONIO GALLONI 95 POINTS - "The 2016 Pinot Noir Estate is a blend of the seventeen clones on the property. Freshly cut flowers, spice, mint, blood orange and dried flowers give the Estate beguiling aromatic complexity and nuance. There is a sense of translucent beauty in the 2016 that is fabulous, while the 40% whole clusters are very nicely integrated. This is such a tremendous wine."
- Item #: i_113135Bottle Size: 750mlDistilled with the finest ingredients. Blended from our own stocks.
Created in the U.S.A.
Our unique mash bills are created in Lawrenceburg, IN at the former site of the historic Joseph E. Seagram's Facility.
Distilled with Ohio Waters
We distill our whiskey with water drawn from the deep, rechargeable ancient glacial aquifers of the Ohio River Basin.
We ship our bourbon-whiskey to Charleston, South Carolina where we reduce harsh-tasting congeners, leaving a smoother, more sophisticated spirit.
Using ultrasonic energy and oxygenation after standard distillation, our patented technology finishes incomplete chemical reactions from the fermentation stage. You can taste our process in every sip of Merica Bourbon.
Smooth Taste, Enhanced Flavor
The process reduces several congeners (methanol, isobutanol, amyl alcohols, propanol, free radicals) and converts certain harsh-tasting acids to smooth-tasting esters like glyceride. This creates a spirit with a smoother mouth-feel and dramatically enhanced flavor.
- Item #: i_376488Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90JOHN GILMAN 92+ POINTS-"The new release of Moutard Grande Cuvée is made from one hundred percent pinot noir and does not undergo malolactic fermentation, prior to being aged on its lees for three years prior to disgorgement. If my math is correct, the new bottling is based primarily on the 2010 vintage, and the wine offers up a simply superb bouquet of apple, a touch of quince, fresh-baked bread, incipient notes of almond skin, marvelously complex soil tones and a gently floral topnote. On the palate the wine is crisp, full-bodied, focused and still quite youthful, with a superb core of fruit, very refined mousse, excellent balance and fine grip on the very long and youthfully complex finish. This does not quite have the same early mid-palate generosity of last year’s version (based on 2009 fruit), and I would opt for giving it a year in the cellar to start to really hit on all cylinders. A stellar bottle of non-vintage Brut."
WINE ADVOCATE 90 P0INTS - "I was quite taken with the wines I tasted from Moutard this year. The NV Brut Grande Cuvee (Pinot Noir) emerges from the glass with high-toned notes of Mirabelle plums, kirsch, crushed flowers and sweet herbs. There is an exotic quality to the Grande Cuvee that is totally beguiling. Intensely aromatic and layered through to the finish, the Grande Cuvee impresses for its delicate, feminine personality and overall balance. This release is based on the 2009 vintage with the addition of 30% reserve wines. Dosage was 10 grams per liter. Disgorged July 2012. Anticipated maturity: 2012-2015."
Moutard is a small, family-run estate located in Buxeuil, in the heart of the Cote des Bar (Department of the Aube) about sixty-five miles south of Epernay. The families of Champagne Moutard have been living in Buxeuil since the mid 17th Century, and have a long tradition of grape farming and Champagne production. The Cote des Bar's mix of clay and limestone soils is particularly well suited to Pinot Noir production and this Grand Cuvee makes perfect poster child for the area. It is a 100% Pint Noir blend that was vinified in stainless steel without malolactic in order to preserve its fruit character and cut.
- Item #: i_250500Bottle Size: 750mlNapa Bench is rich and flavorful, with red and dark fruits that are apparent in the nose with plum, currant and blackberry tones. The aroma is layered and shows the power of Cabernet and of oak nuance. The pallet is fine grained tannin, long and refined, with a finish that lingers and invites a second glass or two.
- Item #: i_115104Bottle Size: 750mlThe folks behind the Old Forester bourbon label have long been proud of their popular bourbon, with it being the flagship standard for many, many decades. The brand is being pushed in new directions now though, with parent company Brown-Forman having just introduced the new Old Forester Rye Whiskey.
Old Forester Rye Whiskey, according to those behind it, is the Kentucky distillery's first new grain recipe in nearly 150 years. It is inspired by the historic recipe for Normandy Rye, a brand which Brown-Forman acquired in 1940. The mash bill consists of 65 percent rye, 20 percent malted barley and 15 percent corn.
"Our signature bourbon recipe has done this brand proud through Prohibition, World Wars and changing consumer palates," said Campbell Brown, Old Forester President and great-great grandson of founder George Garvin Brown, in a prepared statement. "This January we will create a new tradition with a Kentucky Straight Rye that will capture the hearts and excite the palates of experienced Rye drinkers and curious whisky enthusiasts alike."
"Throughout history, rye whisky showcased a balanced grain recipe," added Chris Morris, VP Master Distiller-Whiskey Innovation. "The high proportion of malted barley in this traditional recipe allows for a wholly natural fermentation process, leveraging Old Forester's proprietary yeast strain. The generous percentage of Malted Barley yields a unique floral character, producing a remarkably balanced Rye."
"Old Forester Rye stays true to our standards of quality, consistency, and balance while delivering on value as only Old Forester can," noted Old Forester Master Taster Jackie Zykan. "The spicy, yet floral complexity of this expression offers a completely different flavor profile than its bourbon cousin. At 100 proof, it plays beautifully in cocktails, but also stands up boldly on its own."
Aroma: Rich brown sugar and magnolia blossom, with hints of soft sassafras and candied lemon.
Taste: Spice awakens immediately leading with sharp black pepper and cinnamon stick, rounding out with notes of dried dill and baked apple.
Finish: Allspice and peppercorn introduce a long and dry finish which ignites with pine, anise and bright lemon zest.
- Item #: i_248420Bottle Size: 750MLThe Prisoner is an innovative red blend that takes its stylistic cue from the drinkable “mixed blacks” first made by Italian immigrants who originally settled the Napa Valley. In the late 90's there were a handful of Napa producers beginning to make this style of wine again and Dave Phinney became one of them.
A blend of Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Sirah, Syrah, and Charbono, the wine features enticing aromas of Bing cherry, dark chocolate, clove, and roasted fig. Persistent flavors of ripe raspberry, boysenberry, pomegranate, and vanilla linger harmoniously, for a smooth and luscious finish.
- Item #: i_381246Bottle Size: 750mlSeemingly every big-name winegrower wants to ‘extend the brand,’ as the marketing sorts say….One of those entries is a brand called ‘Riff’ (German for reef) created by one of northern Italy’s most famous wine producers, Alois Lageder...With a little astute looking and a lot of discrimination, a producer could put together a swell wine blended from various offerings at a very competitive price. That’s the deal on the riff wines….just the ticket for a summertime aperitif or an ideal keep-it-coming accompaniment to all kinds of food.” Matt Kramer, Wine Spectator
- Item #: i_255200Bottle Size: 750mlThe fruit for this wine comes from vineyards in the Carneros region owned by the Rombauer family and select growers including the Sangiacomo family, long-term grower partners who have farmed this land for three generations. The grapes were gently whole-cluster pressed while the fruit was still cool. The juice was pumped to tank to cold-settle overnight before it was racked to barrel for primary and malolactic fermentation. The lees were stirred every two weeks to give the wine rich flavors and a creamy texture.
Enticing aromas of vanilla, peach and mango are layered with apricots, creme brulee, butter and a slight minerality. Those scents are echoed as flavors on the creamy, rich palate, along with peach, pie crust and baking spices. The long, smooth finish is marked by mouthwatering acidity.
- Item #: i_375045Bottle Size: 750MLLimoux, the city in Languedoc in southern France, is believed to be the birthplace of sparkling wine, with local historians asserting that monks from the abbey at Saint-Hilaire brought this certain 'pop' to wine in 1531 AD. Closer to home in locale and temporality, the last inventory of Thomas Jefferson's wine cellar listed 49 bottles of Blanquette de Limoux.
The nose reveled in hints of pastry dough, citrusy notes of tangerine and lemon and a touch of peach melba and sea air. The palate is an enchanting melanage of more citrus , touches of honeysuckle and vanilla bean with a cleansing layer of minerality coursing throughout, like a glacial stream galloping seaward.
- Item #: i_302054Bottle Size: 750mlScarpetta is a winery owned and operated by Bobby Stuckey, M.S. and Chef Lachlan Patterson who are the owners and creators of Frasca Food and Wine in Boulder, Colorado. Frasca is a restaurant inspired by the culture and cuisine of Friuli Venezia-Giulia, Italy. We work with three of the best vineyards for Pinot Grigio in Friuli. The first vineyard is on the rolling banks of the Isonzo River, the second is in the hills of the Collio and the third is in the hills of the Collio Orientali del Friuli. Our grapes are planted in cooler sites resulting in a wine of balanced acidity and alcohol. The wine shows that Pinot Grigio can be light and dry with veins of minerality and floral aromatics.
Aromatics: Aromas of white flowers, stone fruits such as apricots and peach and hints of minerality.
Palate: On the palate, the wine is crisp and dry with medium high acidity and tastes of stone fruits, lavender, honey, pear, white flowers and minerals.