Catalog Advanced Search
7 items were found using the following search criteria
- Product Name: old forester
- Bottle Size: 750
- Item #: i_166164Bottle Size: 750MLTo honor the legacy of George Garvin Brown, the 100-proof expression of Old Forester was given a whole new look - one that truly reflects its distinctively full, rich and robust flavor. It was also given a new name: Old Forester Signature. Handpicked from select barrels, Old Forester Signature is a mature bourbon with a higher concentration of flavors.
- Item #: i_106133Bottle Size: 750mlOld Forester 1870 Original Batch echoes George Garvin Brown's original 1870 batching process. Back then, Brown batched barrels obtained from three distilleries to create a consistent flavor profile. To emulate that process today, they select barrels from three warehouses, each barrel originating from a different day of production, with a different entry proof and a different age profile. The three expressions of Old Forester are then batched together to craft Old Forester 1870 Original Batch. This 90-proof bourbon will be minimally filtered, to honor the processes available to George Garvin Brown at that time.
Nose: Clove notes spice up a medley of citrus fruits (orange, grapefruit, blood orange), all softened with a delicate, sweet honeysuckle character.
Taste: Baking spices (clove, cinnamon, nutmeg) flow into a citrus-fruit mix and shortbread sweetness.
Finish: Soft, with lingering fruit and spice character.
- Item #: i_119970Bottle Size: 750MLThis is the whiskey that was the beginning of the Brown-Forman dynasty. Perhaps you heard of Jack Daniels? This is the first and FOREMOST—Old Forester. George Garvin Brown (in 1870) was the first person to bottle bourbon. He did it as a means to guarantee quality and Brown-Forman has maintained that quality with this bourbon. Old Forester is twice-distilled using a grain recipe of corn, a high proportion of rye and malted barley; it is rich, full and genuinely splendorous. To push the unique envelope, Old Forester is fermented with a proprietary yeast strain that is still grown fresh daily at the distillery and aged in charred oak barrels that are handcrafted at the distillery’s own cooperage. This is a sexy deal... great whiskey! Try it neat, on ice or in your favorite whiskey Cocktail!
- Item #: i_115104Bottle Size: 750mlThe folks behind the Old Forester bourbon label have long been proud of their popular bourbon, with it being the flagship standard for many, many decades. The brand is being pushed in new directions now though, with parent company Brown-Forman having just introduced the new Old Forester Rye Whiskey.
Old Forester Rye Whiskey, according to those behind it, is the Kentucky distillery's first new grain recipe in nearly 150 years. It is inspired by the historic recipe for Normandy Rye, a brand which Brown-Forman acquired in 1940. The mash bill consists of 65 percent rye, 20 percent malted barley and 15 percent corn.
"Our signature bourbon recipe has done this brand proud through Prohibition, World Wars and changing consumer palates," said Campbell Brown, Old Forester President and great-great grandson of founder George Garvin Brown, in a prepared statement. "This January we will create a new tradition with a Kentucky Straight Rye that will capture the hearts and excite the palates of experienced Rye drinkers and curious whisky enthusiasts alike."
"Throughout history, rye whisky showcased a balanced grain recipe," added Chris Morris, VP Master Distiller-Whiskey Innovation. "The high proportion of malted barley in this traditional recipe allows for a wholly natural fermentation process, leveraging Old Forester's proprietary yeast strain. The generous percentage of Malted Barley yields a unique floral character, producing a remarkably balanced Rye."
"Old Forester Rye stays true to our standards of quality, consistency, and balance while delivering on value as only Old Forester can," noted Old Forester Master Taster Jackie Zykan. "The spicy, yet floral complexity of this expression offers a completely different flavor profile than its bourbon cousin. At 100 proof, it plays beautifully in cocktails, but also stands up boldly on its own."
Aroma: Rich brown sugar and magnolia blossom, with hints of soft sassafras and candied lemon.
Taste: Spice awakens immediately leading with sharp black pepper and cinnamon stick, rounding out with notes of dried dill and baked apple.
Finish: Allspice and peppercorn introduce a long and dry finish which ignites with pine, anise and bright lemon zest.