Catalog Advanced Search
64 items were found using the following search criteria
- Monthly Specials: Yes
- Item #: i_303218Bottle Size: 750MLKosher for Passover.
Slightly effervescent or “frizzante” if you’re fancy, with notes of wildflowers, ripe melons and honey followed by flavors of pear, nectarines and apricot. Throw traditional pairing notions out the window, Bartenura Moscato pairs perfectly with whatever you like, especially good company!
- Item #: i_325730Bottle Size: 750mlChampagne Bertrand Senecourt is an Epernay Champagne house that sometimes makes special cuvees, such as Beau Joie Special Cuvee Brut. The Champagne is 60% Pinot Noir and 40% Chardonnay and it is bottled in a distinctive 100% copper wrapper that Bertrand Senecourt says is inspired by the suits of armor worn by medieval knights. The copper “suit of armor” keeps the Champagne colder for longer periods, according to Bertrand Senecourt, and the copper wrapper is made from recycled copper. In 2012 Beau Joie Special Cuvee Brut was the official Champagne for the party held after the Grammys at the Chateau Marmont in Los Angeles. Other Beau Joie cuvees have earned compliments in Stephen Tanzer’s International Wine Cellar. Bertrand Senecourt is also the maker of the prestigious Charles Ellner Champagnes.
- Item #: i_109619Bottle Size: 750MLA masterpiece in every way... Beluga's composition is unique: not only is their malt alcohol of the most exquisite quality, and pearly artesian water, but also the diligent handiwork of past masters with their care for every detail. Not just a vodka, but an attitude towards life - one in which everything matters, everything has its place, and every deed has its special meaning. Beluga vodka is manufactured in an environmentally pure and untouched corner of Siberia, 300 km from the nearest settlement. Beluga undergoes the processes of filtration quartz sand post-filtration and maturating for a 3-month period. Calmed and rested at every stage, Beluga is saturated with irreproachable taste.
- Item #: i_306004Bottle Size: 1LYes, folks, this wine comes in a (1.0) liter bottle, which means you get to have more fun! Representing the fresh, crisp and refreshingly tangy side of Grüner Veltliner in the perennially-popular liter format, this is the bottling that Terry Theise calls the class of the [liter] category. Dry, crisp, and impeccably clean, this wine delivers delicious flavors of white flowers, pepper, and pink grapefruit, underscoredby an attractive leesiness - quintessential value Gruner Veltliner. Bottled under a crown cap; you'll need a bottle opener, not a corkscrew.
- Item #: i_302506Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ADVOCATE - "Bisol’s NV Prosecco Jeio reveals notable freshness, vibrancy and crispness in its green apples, flowers and sweet spices. There is terrific energy and harmony here, but like most Proseccos, the wine is best enjoyed in its exuberant youth."
- Item #: i_103870Bottle Size: 1.75LBurnett's Vodka uses an uncompromising production process of quadruple distillation and triple charcoal filtering for superior smoothness. This proprietary process makes Burnett's one of the purest vodkas on the market. Burnett's offers exceptional mixability and is the perfect ingredient in a wide variety of cocktails.
- Item #: i_208150Bottle Size: 750MLCambria's Chardonnay has been a constant favorite with consumers across the country. It is an enticing wine with good depth and range of flavors, remarkable balance, and savory finish. Cambria has carved out a reputation for producing lush, tropical Chardonnay for 20 years. This has also been a darling of wine critic Robert Parker for its excellent quality-to-price ratio.
- Item #: i_345529Bottle Size: 750ML“Esprit Gassier” is the “Gassier Spirit” that combines the exceptional terroir of the Sainte-Victoire region with Côtes de Provence varietals to produce a wine that expresses the family’s passion, expertise and creativity. The beautiful label, designed by a local artist, is silk-screened on the bottle to create a striking package.
A very clear rosé with shades of peach; floral nose with white and yellow fruit notes (peach, apricot, pear); in the mouth, round and delicate with notes of white peach, mandarin and grapefruit.
- Item #: i_351845Bottle Size: 750ml67% Grenache, 18% Syrah, 5% Cinsault, 5% Mourvèdre, 5% Rolle. Crystal-clear, pale rose pink. Strawberries and citrus on the nose, with hints of jasmine. Expressive with a full array of summer fruits. Fresh, full-bodied and fruity on the mid-palate, then finishing crisp, elegant and long, with a persistent silky texture. Very moreish. Only 2.7g/L of residual sugar. ORGANIC/BIODYNAMIC
- Item #: i_381616Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 90WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "Crisp and bright, offering a mix of bright cherry, mineral and white pepper notes that add an air of delicacy and precision. The tannins are firm and in the background. Drink now through 2026."
The Cirillo family are custodians of what it is believed to be the oldest continuously producing Grenache and Semillon vineyards in the world. Planted in 1848, these vines are not only a part of the Barossa history, but Australia’s winemaking heritage. That is a long time ago! To put it into perspective, the California Gold Rush began the same year when the precious metal was discovered at Sutter’s Mill. The Cirillo’s winemaking heritage spans back over 9 generations to the Southern Italian province of Calabria.
The vineyard sits on what was an old inland lake over 100 Million years ago. The soil is deep silt sand over limestone and clay. This combination of free-draining topsoil and water-holding subsoil has sustained the 7 acres of grenache. The gnarled and wizened basket pruned bush Grenache vines stand up to 6 feet high and nearly 6 feet wide. For these vines to survive at this age, they need constant attention through-out the year. Owner and Winemaker Marco Cirillo spends every spare moment training, pruning and nurturing each vine through its fragile life. The result is fruit with incredible intensity and old vine richness not often seen.
During primary fermentation the wine is hand tended 2 to 4 times per day. Once the ferment is complete it is carefully transferred into an 800kg basket press which will then allow intimate control of the tannin, fruit and overall structure of the wine. It is then stored in seasoned 60% French and 40% American oak hogsheads for up to 24 months.
Most of the grapes from these ancient vines are sold to the great Australian producer, Torbreck, leaving only a small portion for Cirillo to use in these wines. These wines produced from gnarled and wizened trunks are something to be treasured and enjoyed.
- Item #: i_353888Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92VINOUSMEDIA 92 POINTS: "Pale brilliant orange. Deep-pitched scents of ripe red berries, exotic flowers and succulent herbs, along with a smoky mineral note in the background. Shows excellent clarity and spicy lift on the palate, offering sappy raspberry and bitter cherry flavors that tighten up quickly with air. At once concentrated and lively, with a sexy floral nuance coming in on the impressively long, chewy finish."
- Item #: i_378467Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2017 Com Tu is a Garnacha from La Figuera, from white and red soils (with some more clay). It matured in old 4,000- and 5,000-liter oak vats for one year, a shorter élevage, as it's a lighter year. The fruit is a little riper, and the wine is juicy and has the austere tannins of the limestone soils. It reminds me of a Garnacha from Châteauneuf."
This is René Barbier of Clos Mogador's new project. This wine has been created by René Barbier senior, Anderson his adopted son from Haiti and Rene junior, his son. In search of a "little brother" for their flagship wine of Montsant, Espectacle ( retails for over $120) , it is in the village of La Figuera that René Barbier discovered this plot called "Mirarmar". Located a few hundred metres from Espectacle, the Barbiers worked together to market 2015 as the first vintage.
This is a very limited production with an allocation of 500 ( 6 packs) to the US.
- Item #: i_379114Bottle Size: 750mlJAMES SUCKLING 98 POINTS-A firm and vivid Champagne with a precise, focused palate. Full-bodied and dry. It’s very layered and bright with light pineapple, peach, praline, cooked-apple and stone aromas and flavors. It’s very subtle and focused at the end. Integrated with richness and high acidity. Good depth. Reminds me of the 1995. Very clean. Solid. Lovely to drink already, but will age nicely."(7/2020)
- Item #: i_378920Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Aromatic pastry dough, crème de cassis, apple blossom and graphite notes are well-meshed in this elegant Champagne. The delicate mousse swathes the finely wrought acidic frame in a creamy texture, carrying accents of chalky mineral and lemon pith on the lingering finish."
- Item #: i_219640Bottle Size: 750MLMedium ruby color; cherry, raspberry, graham cracker spice on the nose; dark cherry, raspberry, plum, redcurrant on the palate.This bottle is another reason to find Etude Carneros pinot noir. Grapes come from estate vineyards at Grace Benoist Ranch where the vines produce small bunches and even smaller berries, generating small yields and intense, complex flavors. The vividly delicious and—at the same time, subtle—flavors are why are why you will enjoy this wine, also why you will pay extra for the privilege of doing so. The splurge is more than worth it.
- Item #: i_347642Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 91WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "Chalky on the nose, this clean-cut Champagne is creamy in texture and elegant, offering a subtle mesh of biscuit, green pear, ground ginger and lemon zest notes. A fine aperitif, with a racy finish."
Breaking with convention Grand Cordon has no front label : The G.H. Mumm signature and eagle emblem are printed in gold directly on the glass. Another striking feature of the design is its shape, which necessitated a whole series of innovations to the traditional champagne production process.
The most eye-catching feature of the Mumm Grand Cordon bottle is its reinterpretation of the famous Cordon Rouge red sash, transformed into a genuine red ribbon, which – in a feat of technology – is actually indented in the glass.
- Item #: i_117353Bottle Size: 750mlThe Gancia Prosecco DOC is straw yellow with greenish reflections and persistent perlage. Its aroma is intense and persistent, reminiscent of a Golden apple and acacia flowers. It tastes fresh, and soft, with a stable balance, and has a fruity finish. Ideal as an aperitif and to accompany light first courses, appetizers, fresh cheeses and seafood. Excellent as a base for cocktails.
- Item #: i_330770Bottle Size: 750MLTio Pepe is one of those constants in the world of wine. As a nonvintage blend of bone-dry sherry, it doesn't change from year to year. It may not be the greatest fino sherry; it is simply the definitive wine of its type ? certainly the best-known dry sherry around the world. Tio Pepe is a pale-colored wine of great complexity and elegance, with hints of almond and very subtle citrus. Its distinguishing feature is a hint of salt water, as though it were meant to be sipped by the sea.
- Item #: i_379357Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90JAMES SUCKLING 97 POINTS -"Wow! Amazing aromas of crushed blackberry and blueberry, stems and rose petal. Entrancing. Full-bodied, very tight and powerful with ultra-fine tannins. Intense richness of crushed berries, chocolate, hazelnut and coffee. 5,250 cases. Try after 2026."
WINE ADVOCATE - 95 - 97 POINTS The 2017 Vintage Port is a blend of 35% Touriga Nacional, 47% Touriga Franca and various others, including a blend from old vines. It comes in with 113 grams of residual sugar. It was bottled about a month before this tasting, but the just-bottled sample was not really ready. This is a pre-bottling sample instead. One of the more aromatic ports here, this is laced with cistus and eucalyptus. Lush in texture and concentrated, it was actually showing well at the time of this tasting—notwithstanding some power and pop. The more it aired out, though, the more power it showed. Even so, this remains a rather refined and suave Graham's. I'd call it subtly sexy. It does put on weight with some aeration, though, and there is that muscle underneath, so don't dive in too soon. There were 5,250 cases produced.
- Item #: i_166281Bottle Size: 750MLFranceIn the Anjou region of France, the essence of Anjou pears is artistically blended by the Maitre de Chai with the world?s finest vodka to create Grey Goose La Poire Flavored Vodka. Originating from France, the Beurre d?Anjou, or Anjou pear, is prized for its clean sweetness and mellow flavor. Once ripened, the Anjou pear is subtly sweet and notably smooth. Both sophisticated and unique, the taste of Grey Goose La Poire is a fitting compliment for a variety of cuisines and cocktails including the signature Peartini.
- Item #: i_163701Bottle Size: 750MLFranceGrey Goose Le Citron is distilled from a selection of choice grains blended with a distillate of fresh lemons and water from the Gene Springs that is naturally filtered through champagne limestone. Grey Goose Le Citron is the world's best tasting vodka flavored with a refreshing zest of lemon.
- Item #: i_162857Bottle Size: 750MLFranceGrey Goose Vodka L'Orange is the best tasting vodka in the world with a whisper of orange. Made in Cognac, France, L'Orange is created in a five-step distillation process that begins in copper-pot stills and ends with an infusion of the essence of succulent oranges. It is light, crisp and delicious.
- Item #: i_365584Bottle Size: 720mlThough most Sake is meant to be imbibed young, Hakkaisan Junmai Ginjo Genshu sake was carefully aged for three years alongside a massive snow bank stored in an insulated room, known as the “Yukimuro”. Sake is delicate and even the slightest vibration or change in the environment can trigger deterioration. This method of storing perishables at low temperatures, using the abundant snow provided by nature, has been used traditionally in the snowy region of Uonuma, Japan for centuries. From the cold of the snow alone, the temperature is naturally kept stable at 3 degrees Celsius. No electricity is used for Yukimuro storage. The natural cold air coming off of the snow alone is what does the chilling. This Sake is also undiluted (genshu). After three years, the taste of becomes full-bodied, rich, round-textured and very smooth. As 50% of the rice grain is polished away, this is technically a Daiginjo, (that is, a higher grade of Sake) though Hakkaisan labels this as Ginjo. That is because they hold themselves to a higher standard. Serve well-chilled.
sake meter value -1.0
amino acid 1.3
koji rice used Yamadanishiki brewing rice used Gohyakumangoku , Yukinosei
rice-polishing ratio 50%
yeast Kyokai No. 1001 M310
- Item #: i_278406Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ENTHUSIAST 90 POINTS-"Flavorful and polished, this supple wine blends subtle apple and pear notes with buttery, creamy accents. It is rich in character and softly framed by fine bubbles and elegant acidity, with a hint of sweetness on the finish."
JAMES SUCKLING 90 POINTS Flavorful and polished, this supple wine blends subtle apple and pear notes with buttery, creamy accents. It is rich in character and softly framed by fine bubbles and elegant acidity, with a hint of sweetness on the finish."
- Item #: i_114560Bottle Size: 1.75LJack Daniels #7 History1904: First gold medal won by Jack Daniel?s Whiskey at the World?s Fair in St. Louis.1905: First international gold medal won by Mr. Jack in Liege, Belgium.1913: Lem Motlow entered Jack Daniel?s Whiskey and won this gold medal in Ghent, Belgium. 1914: Gold medal awarded during the Anglo-American Exposition in London, England. 1915: The Certificate of the Institute of Hygiene was presented to Jack Daniel?s in London, England. 1954: The Star of Excellence awarded Jack Daniel?s in Brussels, Belgium. 1981: Gold medal with palm leaves from Institut Pour Les Selections De La Qualite, Amsterdam.
- Item #: i_377866Bottle Size: 750MLOn the southern boundary of Coonawarra is the old Penola cricket ground, which first saw a ball bowled in anger and the flashing cover drives of the local champions in 1950. Sadly, the ground closed in 1996. Soon after Jim Barry purchased the 30 acre property and planted a Cabernet Sauvignon vineyard.
The original pavilion and pitch have been retained, thus preserving an important piece of Coonawarra sporting history. Fruit from this vineyard, along with selected parcels of fruit from our family owned Cabernet Sauvignon vineyards in the Clare Valley have been blended to produce a wine that is rich, soft and approachable.
The nose is very aromatic, displaying primary characters of cassis and dark berries with subtle hints of dried herbs.
The palate is medium bodied and generous, showing fine tannins, highlighted by flavours of blackcurrant, mint and morello cherries.
- Item #: i_378405Bottle Size: 750mlGarnet red in color, this wine offers aromas of blueberries and blackcurrant, with hints of fresh violet. On the palate, it shows savory notes and pepper spice, as well as fresh rhubarb and fleshy fruit. Fine tannins and balanced acidity with length on the palate.
Blend: 84% Grenache, 16% Shiraz
- Item #: i_234430Bottle Size: 750mlThe Jackson Family crafts everything from elusive 100-point Napa Valley Cabernets to affordable Chardonnays for the dinner table. How can they do this? Well, they own thousands of acres up and down the state from Napa, Sonoma, Santa Barbara and more. They farm these vineyards with the purpose of producing grapes that, in turn, deliver wines whose qualities exceed their retail price point.
They carefully match climates and soil types for each grape varietal and then craft each vineyard lot throughout the entire winemaking process. This year the grapes come from Monterey, Santa Barbara and Mendocino counties. These regions produce small, densely flavored grapes which become well-structured wines. The wine is aged for 12 months in 98% French (12% new) oak barrels for hints of toast, vanilla and cedar aromas. The lots are kept separate until the final blend so that their winemakers have the ability to craft a wine that exhibits the perfect blend of flavors and aromas from each region.
The grapes are grown on benchland rolling hillsides and mountain top vineyards that develop small, densely flavored grapes which become well-structured wines. Monterey County (68%) grapes develop the floral nuances and structure along with flavors of ripe strawberry, raspberry and black berry. Santa Barbara County (29%) infuses the wine with dark cherry lushness. Mendocino County (3%) adds dark fruit tones as well as excellent tannins to the structure and mouthfeel.
- Item #: i_365550Bottle Size: 720mlSMV: +1.0
Acidity: 1.7 Brewery: Kikusui Shuzo - Niigata Seimaibuai: 55% Rice Type: Gohyakumangoku Classification: Junmai Ginjo Prefecture: Niigata Alcohol: 15.0% This sake is a light and breezy delight. Easy to drink and mild, this is a beautifully crafted signature sake of the Niigata region. With a soft texture and a light fruity aroma, I enjoy this sake all throughout the year. delicious.
- Item #: i_236450Bottle Size: 750MLHere’s an old favorite which we love and promote for good reason. The La Crema Chardonnay shows off its true Sonoma Coast origins like a very expensive wine should, but wait... this only costs $15.99!
There are delicious flavors of pear, white peach and butterscotch intermingling on the palette and a long lingering finish that goes farther than any wine at this price should. This wine is more than just value, as it shows true depth and personality. Winemaker Melissa Stackhouse takes great care in ensuring that this wine is balanced and a marvelous stand out in the great sea of value-priced Chardonnay.
Just a quick whiff reveals great purity, with huge tropical and floral notes. In light of our current economic climate, La Crema Winery hits the mark on quality and availability, all the while delivering it prudently. Oh! And we should mention that Robert Parker said, This Chardonnay / Pinot Noir specialist should receive rave notices from bargain hunters looking for a top-flight Chardonnay that is complex, rich, and widely available. So we are by no means the only people who understand this winery's significance.
- Item #: i_116730Bottle Size: 750MLThe original Laphroaig is distilled the same way today as it was when Ian Hunter invented it over 75 years ago. In making Laphroaig, malted barley is dried over a peat fire. The smoke from this peat, found only on Islay, gives Laphroaig its particularly rich flavor. Those enjoying the 10 Year Old will first notice the bold, smoky taste, followed by a hint of seaweed and a surprising sweetness. This full-bodied variant is the foundation of all Laphroaig expressions and comes with a long finish.
- Item #: i_105549Bottle Size: 750mlFollowing distillation, Laphroaig Select Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky is matured in five different types of casks: Oloroso sherry, white American oak, Pedro Ximenez, quarter-sized and first fill bourbon. After the whisky has been matured, it is finished in virgin American oak casks, a type of wood rarely used in the Scotch whisky industry. During its time in virgin American oak, the whisky is rested in the highest, warmest reaches of Laphroaig's warehouse, which increases the exposure of the whisky to the wood.
As a result, Laphroaig Select Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky has an aroma of peat, lemon, herbs, green apples and mint. Notes of baking spices, citrus, honey, oak and caramel are complemented by bold notes of smoke, and lead to a finish accented by touches of salty brine and rich fruits.
- Item #: i_376338Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ENTHUSIAST 88 POINTS-"Clean, stylish and easy to like, this has apple and green herb aromas. It shows a good weight and mouth feel, with papaya, thyme and baked apple flavors. Medium long and smooth on the finish, this is a commendable value priced bubbly."
- Item #: i_353766Bottle Size: 750mlDecanter: 90Jeb Dunnuck: 90VINOUS 90 POINTS - "Light, brilliant orange. Raspberry, white peach and succulent flowers on the mineral-tinged nose. Sappy red berry, pit fruit and citrus zest flavors deepen slowly and take on a spicy aspect with air. Hangs on with very good tenacity, leaving pit fruit and red berry notes behind."
DECANTER 90 POINTS - "An expressive nose of berry notes that, on the palate, transforms into succulent and juicy red cherries, raspberries and strawberries. The palate offers a light creaminess and silky texture with a round, crisp finish. Made from 60% Grenache, 25% Syrah and 15% Cinsault, it has complexity and drive, delivering great quality and value."
- Item #: i_305612Bottle Size: EACHJames Suckling: 95JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS - "This has a riper-fruit nose with rich plums and hints of chocolate, as well as graphite and cedary nuances. The palate has ample ripe cherries and plums with a fine, lithe tannin shape that delivers plenty of plum and cassis flavor. Drink or hold."
- Item #: i_246930Bottle Size: 750mlA perfect example of a Bordeaux-style Merlot, this wine is made to be enjoyed as part of a meal. Its fresh fruit flavors are well balanced by the integrated oak and balanced acidity. Intense berry flavors mingle with spices and caramel notes.
- Item #: i_383429Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 91JAMES SUCKLING 91 POINTS - "This is a mid-weight white with abundant fresh apples, pears, white peaches and lighter tropical fruit. All very fruit-focused. The palate has a bright, fleshy texture. Crisp with plenty of fruit. A blend of 55 per cent pinot gris, 25 per cent chardonnay and 20 per cent riesling. Drink now. Screw cap."
Established in 1996 the family owned and managed Borthwick Vineyard produce wine with flavours that are a direct reflection of the Gladstone region, New Zealand. Ancient stony, alluvial soils and cool climate allows the grapes to grow in harmony in their environment. Sustainable practices and minimal intervention in the vineyard and winery allow our wines to display their distinctive single vineyard characteristics and flavor.
Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Riesling
- Item #: i_249865Bottle Size: 750MLThis wine embodies the rich diversity of world-class vineyards in the acclaimed Sonoma Coast appellation, and the talents of the gifted winegrowers who farm these sites. Combining fruit from a "who's who" of the appellation's most renowned vineyards, this cuvee includes Sanchietti Vineyard, Gap's Crown Vineyard, Zio Tony Ranch, Dutton Ranch, and Durrell Vineyard. On the nose, aromas of dried orange peel, roasted almond, lemon sugar cookie and green apple are nicely supported by spicy French oak shadings. The mouthfeel is crisp and juicy with cascading, mouthwatering flavors of spicy pear, lime zest, yeast and toffee. The finish is long and focused by crisp acidity leading to lingering flavors that keep pumping.
- Item #: i_251620Bottle Size: 750MLA blend of 70% Chardonnay, 20% Pinot Noir, 3% Pinot Blanc, 7% Aged Reserve Blend all sourced from Sonoma County.
WINERY NOTES-"...our Brut is dry and fresh, with a long elegant finish, possessing crisp citrus flavors with hints of green apple, mandarin orange and brioche. Delicious on its own or the perfect foundation for memorable mimosas and other classic cocktails such as our signature Sonoma 75. This sparkling wine pairs perfectly with crab cakes, sautéed shrimp or sushi."
- Item #: i_250887Bottle Size: 750MLWINERY NOTES-Primarily composed of Chardonnay [75%] , with some [25%] Pinot Blanc, our Blanc de Blancs has a pale straw color, tiny bubbles and aromas of green apple, citrus and white flowers. The palate is crisp and dry with a long mouthwatering finish. This sparkling wine pairs marvelously with spring rolls, fried calamari or scallops, and makes a wonderfully refreshing addition to cocktails."
- Item #: i_354430Bottle Size: 750MLThis is a classic blend of 35% Chardonnay, 35% Pinot Noir and 30% Pinot Meunier that is fashioned in a light, frothy style. Its nose has a wonderful bready quality with just a hint of toastiness from the cuvee's reserve stocks. The palate offers an appealing play of peach and pear flavors that are nicely elaborated with nougat and soft citrus tones. In keeping with Pommery's house style, the finish is on the dry end of the Brut range but is not sharp or overtly austere. This then is a Champagne of considerable delicacy and nuance that should appeal to both Champagne novices and aficionados alike.
- Item #: i_373782Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 89 POINTS-"Coulon's NV Brut Heri-Hodie is from a "réserve perpétuelle" and blends 60% Pinot Meunier with 20% Chardonnay and 20% Pinot Noir. The white-golden colored wine has a very delicate, elegant and fruity Meunier bouquet of red berries. The wine shows remarkable finesse and elegance on the palate and is perfectly round, delicate, very fruity and charming but dry and always stimulating. This is nearly dominated by its Meunier part. Dosed with six grams per liter, this is absolutely delicious and filigreed but with aromatic and well-structured length. So delicate and fruity! Bottled in April 2014 and disgorged in November 2017."
A Grower Champagne with incredibly giving with toasty aromas and a very delicate bead. At the same time, with enough full structure to carry you through a meal. It is especially fine for warm hors d'oeuvres and soft cheeses like St. André.
- Item #: i_372578Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS "Complex and aromatic, with spice, fresh earth, cream soda and black walnut flavors that are rich and polished, giving way to succulent plum and cassis elements. Black pepper and Earl Grey tea grace notes linger effortlessly on the finish. Drink now through 2029. 1,500 cases made, 500 cases imported. — MW"
WINE ENTHUSIAST 90 POINTS "This historic Hunter Valley winery [Tyrrell's] also owns vineyards further afield, and this Shiraz is from Heathcote in Central Victoria, though it still wears the Tyrrell's crown. After a little swirling in the glass, it unveils aromas of plump blueberry, plum, mocha, licorice and florals. Medium to full bodied, it offers an intricate play between texture and acidity, juicy fruit and taut, sandy tannins, hinting at stony minerality. There's an old-fashioned feel about this wine. It's comfortable in its own skin and doesn't try too hard to be modern. Christina Pickard"
Established in 1858 by English immigrant Edward Tyrrell, Tyrrell’s Wines is one of Australia’s pre-eminent family owned wine companies. 1864 was their first vintage. They now have vineyards extending from their historic home in the Hunter Valley NSW (near Sydney) to their Heathcote vineyards in Victoria (north of Melbourne. Headed up by fourth generation family member Bruce Tyrrell, Tyrrell's is home to some of Australia's most awarded wines. The Rufus Stone Shiraz is named for the historical marker in England that commemorates the death of King William II, said to be due to an "errant" arrow fired by a Tyrrell.
- Item #: i_399950Bottle Size: 750mlThe family winery is situated in Germany's most sun-drenched region, known as the Kaiserstuhl atop an extinguished volcano not far from Switzerland and across the Rhein from Alsace. Salwey's Pinot Noir Rosé is a great example of a dry Pinot Noir Rose. Red cherries and raspberry flavors of fully ripened, healthy Pinot Noir grapes are balanced by a crisp, fresh acidity. The grapes are hand harvested. Spontaneous fermentation and maturation take place in stainless steel tanks on fine lees.
- Item #: i_303484Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 95James Suckling: 96WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - "As much savory as fruity, this offers a fine balance between cherry, leather, spice and carob aromas and flavors. Rich yet lively, leaving a mouthwatering impression on the long, saline aftertaste."
JAMES SUCKLING 96 POINTS - "Subtle and complete aromas of cherry, flowers, and orange peel. Full body, round and velvety tannins. So pretty and refined. Polished. A gorgeous wine. Drink or hold."
- Item #: i_378117Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 88WINE ENTHUSIAST 91 POINTS - "This enticing and supple wine starts with aromas of bread dough and toasted almonds. The palate brings flavors of both fresh and baked apple on a plush, softly sparkling texture."
- Item #: i_345655Bottle Size: 750MLA collaboration between Napa's Joel Gott and Dave Phinney (Orin Swift)
The 2018 Shatter Grenache pours a glass that's inky black in color. Flavors and aromas dominated by black current, spice and cured meats with a touch of coffee from low toast barrels. There's an underlying minerality throughout with the distinct ferrous quality that schist delivers. The palate is pure and powerful, but has structure and a backbone, that holds it all together.
- Item #: i_377611Bottle Size: 750ML"Enticing aromas of grapefruit, feijoa (like a cross between pineapple & guava with a fresh green overtone), bell pepper and a hint of orange zest. Mouth filling and vibrant with flavours of citrus, green herbs and tropical fruits. The mid palate is rich and textured while retaining fine acidity and elegance overall."
- Item #: i_101004Bottle Size: 750mlThe Botanist is a small-batch, artisanal Islay gin. We use nine of the classic gin aromatics and augment these with a heady harvest of 22 local botanicals, hand-picked by our expert foraging team from the windswept hills, peat bogs and Atlantic shores of this Hebrideanisland of Islay. This truly seasonal and exotic SERVE is then slow "simmer" distilled in our unique and cherished Lomond pot-still, affectionately known as "Ugly Betty". Our precious botanicals are slowly and gently coaxed into releasing their complex, signature aromatics. The result: a highly distinctive, complex, floral gin with outstanding finish and impeccable provenance. In an age of re-badged industrial gins, the Botanist stands out as a truly artisanal, small-batch, hand-crafted labourof love and distiller's art. A breath of botanical Islay in every glass.
- Item #: i_378976Bottle Size: 750mlVINCENT COUCHE "ELEGANCE" EXTRA BRUT CHAMPAGNE, FRANCE. 85% Pinot Noir, 15% Chardonnay. (Demeter Certified Biodynamic) Vincent Couche is one of the stars of the grower Champagne movement. Located in the Cotes des Bar, Vincent is also fully Biodynamic, a rarity not just in this region, but in all Champagne. His Champagnes are especially complex due to extended lees aging. Aged five years on the lees and bottled with no dosage, this Champagne is creamy, yeasty and complex, with focused minerality and lots of length. Terrific!
- Item #: i_353784Bottle Size: 750mlThe current domaine, founded in 1996, is now helmed by Florent and Clémente, taking over from their father, Vincent. The winery is more innovative than ever before, while still maintaining the natural winemaking practices that have been followed for hundreds of years. Florent and Clément are laser-focused on creating wines with a sense of place, specializing on site-specific cuvées that are different expressions of this special terroir. Incorporating the use of new and used oak (an unusual form of elévage for Sauvignon Blanc), the Pinards are creating wines that have weight and depth, a far cry from the straightforward Sancerres produced by so many others. When you taste these whites, don't think about drinking Sauvignon Blanc, a grape variety that is known for exuberant tropical and herbal notes when grown elsewhere. Instead, remember that you're drinking a northern white wine, grown on very similar soil and in close proximity to Chablis. These wines are elegant, nuanced, full of personality but not bombastic. Their Pinot Noir is grown on clay-limestone soil with a limestone subsoil. With old vines and low yields, these reds are powerful but balanced and have the capacity for a long life in the cellar. The Pinards have been passing down winemaking techniques for generations, with the goal of always creating the most precise, pure, and fine wines possible. While many wineries are reverting to these natural winemaking practices, the Pinards have been implementing these methods for hundreds of years on their 17 hectares. They do everything as naturally as possible; intervene as little as feasible, limit yields, harvest by hand, and do not use herbicides, insecticides or anti-rot treatments. They believe that if the fruit is healthy, there is no need to use artificial products during the vinification process. And as to the top vignerons of Burgundy, should they visit Sancerre, there is one essential domaine that they visit...Vincent Pinard!
- Item #: i_377166Bottle Size: 500MLWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 91WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - " The non-vintage Otima 10-Year Old Tawny Port reveals a medium ruby/amber/garnet color, loads of kirsch and cedar intermixed with a touch of brown sugar in the nose, rich, full-bodied flavors, a burgeoning complexity and big aromatics. This is a full-bodied, silky smooth Tawny Port that should age easily for 8-10+ years."
WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - " Wine Spectator - "Well-honed, with a touch of sweetness to the plush flavors of butterscotch, pear tart, almond and vanilla. Orange peel and dried ginger accents emerge on the seductively spicy finish."
- Item #: i_376775Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR 98 POINTS & #14 2018 TOP 100 LIST-"Gorgeous, with warm plum reduction and gently steeped raspberry, blackberry and boysenberry fruit flavors forming the core, all inlaid with warm ganache and smoldering tobacco accents. Very plush in feel, but has no lack of energy, as everything sails beautifully through the long finish. A late echo of anise completes the seduction. Best from 2035 through 2055. 3,000 cases made."
JAMES SUCKLING 96 POINTS-Very complex with dried flowers and roses. Full-bodied, very layered and tightly wound. Chewy and powerful. Firm and off-dry. Needs five or six years to soften. Beauty. Try in 2024."