Catalog Advanced Search
43 items were found using the following search criteria
- Monthly Specials: Yes
- Item #: i_382464Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The new impressive red blend 2016 Cabriola mixes Garnacha with Syrah and a touch of Cariñena (Mazuelo), and despite its 15.5% alcohol, it feels harmonious and balanced in an XL way. It comes in a heavy Burgundy bottle, closed with a quality cork, and it all feels like a more expensive wine. It has a modern profile, but the oak is neatly integrated and folded into the fruit that is ripe and juicy. The tannins are fine and the flavors focused. The price feels too good to be true (if it retails in Spain for €11). They produced 96,000 bottles that were filled after 12 months in oak barrels.
- Item #: i_382231Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 94Wine marketing departments like to throw the word "bold" around a bit loosely these days. For the 2017 Valderiz from the Ribera del Duero region of Spain, it's a fitting descriptor. It's both intense in flavor and mouthfeel, with an extra-full body, and can stand up to the bolder flavors of the grill. After giving it time to open up, the wine has concentrated dark-fruited flavors including blackcurrant, plum cordial, plenty of creamy vanilla, and subtle woodsy spice, but stops short of being too sweetly fruited. There is also plenty of mouth-filling, grippy tannin from the glass-staining skin extract and oak, and though it softens up a bit with air, this feature is a plus with protein-rich dishes. What really separates this from the average big and bold wine out there is the level of depth, and that the components all work together harmoniously.
Coming from the Ribera del Duero region of Spain, the star of this wine is the local version of Tempranillo called Tinta del Pais, with thicker skins compared to the types found in Rioja. The differences feel appropriate in its home on the plateaus above the Duero river valley in central Spain, where the moderating Mediterranean influence has given way to a more dramatic continental climate.
The dry sunny summers make it easier for Bodega Valderiz to farm organically (they don't use any systematic synthetic pesticides, fungicides, or fertilizers). The wines are fermented with the native yeast and they don't add enzymes to help the process along, contrary to conventional commercial winemaking. Neither filtered nor fined, the taming of this wine comes the old-fashioned way: through 2 years of aging in French and American oak barrels.
Although Bodega Valderiz was founded in 1997, winemaking is a family tradition involving at least 7 generations. Tomas Esteban was the one who decided to make a bigger business of it, and in 1980 started to seriously expand his vineyard area using clippings from the family vineyards. When his sons were ready, they became the winemakers and Bodega Valderiz was officially born.
100% Tinto del Pais (Tempranillo)
WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "This full-bodied red is generous yet structured, featuring depth and balance. Ripe flavors of plum and currant mingle with cocoa, clove and mineral notes, supported by mouthcoating tannins and balsamic acidity. Harmonious and long. "
No artificial fertilizers or systematic chemical treatments in the vineyard. Fermented with indigenous yeast, with no additives such as acids, tannin, glucose, enzymes and so on. Aged in 80% French, 20% American oak (60% new, 40% once used).
- Item #: i_103870Bottle Size: 1.75LBurnett's Vodka uses an uncompromising production process of quadruple distillation and triple charcoal filtering for superior smoothness. This proprietary process makes Burnett's one of the purest vodkas on the market. Burnett's offers exceptional mixability and is the perfect ingredient in a wide variety of cocktails.
- Item #: i_351845Bottle Size: 750ml67% Grenache, 18% Syrah, 5% Cinsault, 5% Mourvèdre, 5% Rolle. Crystal-clear, pale rose pink. Strawberries and citrus on the nose, with hints of jasmine. Expressive with a full array of summer fruits. Fresh, full-bodied and fruity on the mid-palate, then finishing crisp, elegant and long, with a persistent silky texture. Very moreish. Only 2.7g/L of residual sugar. ORGANIC/BIODYNAMIC
- Item #: i_106036Bottle Size: 750mlA new release from the Chivas Regal range, unveiled in the latter half of 2014. Chivas Regal Extra is a blended Scotch whisky, featuring a hearty helping of Oloroso Sherry cask-matured malt whisky. The resulting is packed with dark fruits and rich chocolate, balanced with herbal honey, spicy ginger and a touch of cigar box.
- Item #: i_321890Bottle Size: 750mlVarietal: 95% Chardonnay – 5% Pinot Noir Harvest Period: End of August Yield per Hector: 50 Hl / Ha Maturation: From 30 – 48 months on the lees in the bottle. Sensory Characteristics: Floral and fragrant with persistent foaming bubbles. Aromas of dried fruit, pineapple, apple and honey. Fresh and clean in the mouth. Service Temperature: 8 °C / 46.5 °F Average Life of Wine: Wine of medium lifespan. It can keep for 4 years from the date of disgorgement. Food Pairing: Great for an aperitif, goes well with cold appetizers and Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Item #: i_380629Bottle Size: 750MLCune has been a long time staff and customer favorite from Rioja. Over the years we have had the privilege of tasting their Gran Reservas as far back as the 50’s. Our reactions are always the same, we ooh and awe, treasuring every sip. Cune is one of the most renowned and historic bodegas in all of Spain. Founded in 1879 by the Real de Asúa brothers, the company has been an integral part of Rioja’s ascendance in the world of fine wine. The company is still run by descendants of the Real de Asúa brothers and remains a constant in the cultural iconography of Spain. Their combination of traditional roots and innovative vision, has made them one of Rioja’s most reliable sources for high quality wine.
- Item #: i_351321Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Laroche is involved in a large-scale approach of sustainability that implies an environment-friendly viticulture. Let us explain further. It all relies on taking the relationship between vine, soil, climate and environment into account. We therefore observe that if plants are well-balanced, we can reduce treatments significantly, as they can naturally fight against pests and diseases.
We have our own specifications relying on a few simple principles: no weed killers, no pesticides, no anti-botrytis treatments. Those must help vine and not disturb their general balance or the ripening of grapes. We experiment natural treatments using nettle and valerian and it looks very efficient.” Aromas of lemon, lime, dusty brown spices and musky minerality; following the more exotic 2013s, it was immediately clear that this wine was from a different vintage. Juicy, limey and bracing; a classic village Chablis with terrific energy and tautness--and no bitterness. Very pure.
- Item #: i_111470Bottle Size: 750MLNose: Grain. Slightly floral, mineralic. Spirity, orchard fruit, malty, honey. Citrus develops.
Palate: Light, floral, spices. Very smooth.
Finish: Sweet, touch of oak and general fruit, oily.
Overall: Stereotypical Speyside. Consistent - a good benchmark.
- Item #: i_330770Bottle Size: 750MLTio Pepe is one of those constants in the world of wine. As a nonvintage blend of bone-dry sherry, it doesn't change from year to year. It may not be the greatest fino sherry; it is simply the definitive wine of its type ? certainly the best-known dry sherry around the world. Tio Pepe is a pale-colored wine of great complexity and elegance, with hints of almond and very subtle citrus. Its distinguishing feature is a hint of salt water, as though it were meant to be sipped by the sea.
- Item #: i_325338Bottle Size: 750mlFresh, elegant and full of a wonderful fizz, Gran Campo Viejo Cava Brut Reserva Sparkling White Wine aged for 18 months. Decadent and delicious.
- Item #: i_307465Bottle Size: 1LBiodynamic.
Hofer's Gruner Veltliner is the quintessential Summer sipper! This Austrian white grape variety produces a crisp and mineral-focused wine with hints of citrus, lemon peel, lychee, and a touch of spiciness that may remind you of white pepper. Its refreshingly crisp body works great on a warm Summer day, especially when you're outdoors.
- Item #: i_331142Bottle Size: 1LZweigelt is an Austrian classic. This variety was created in 1922, when Dr. Fritz Zweigelt crossed two grapes - St Laurent and Blaufränkisch.
The wine offers delicate strawberry, cherry and floral aromas. On the palate it is medium-bodied, lively and refreshing, beautifully balanced. A long and pleasant finish. Enjoy as an aperitif or with any light fare with friends.
- Item #: i_278406Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ENTHUSIAST 90 POINTS-"Flavorful and polished, this supple wine blends subtle apple and pear notes with buttery, creamy accents. It is rich in character and softly framed by fine bubbles and elegant acidity, with a hint of sweetness on the finish."
JAMES SUCKLING 90 POINTS Flavorful and polished, this supple wine blends subtle apple and pear notes with buttery, creamy accents. It is rich in character and softly framed by fine bubbles and elegant acidity, with a hint of sweetness on the finish."
- Item #: i_114570Bottle Size: 750MLJack Daniels #7 History1904: First gold medal won by Jack Daniel?s Whiskey at the World?s Fair in St. Louis.1905: First international gold medal won by Mr. Jack in Liege, Belgium.1913: Lem Motlow entered Jack Daniel?s Whiskey and won this gold medal in Ghent, Belgium. 1914: Gold medal awarded during the Anglo-American Exposition in London, England. 1915: The Certificate of the Institute of Hygiene was presented to Jack Daniel?s in London, England. 1954: The Star of Excellence awarded Jack Daniel?s in Brussels, Belgium. 1981: Gold medal with palm leaves from Institut Pour Les Selections De La Qualite, Amsterdam.
- Item #: i_365550Bottle Size: 720mlSMV: +1.0
Acidity: 1.7 Brewery: Kikusui Shuzo - Niigata Seimaibuai: 55% Rice Type: Gohyakumangoku Classification: Junmai Ginjo Prefecture: Niigata Alcohol: 15.0% This sake is a light and breezy delight. Easy to drink and mild, this is a beautifully crafted signature sake of the Niigata region. With a soft texture and a light fruity aroma, I enjoy this sake all throughout the year. delicious.
- Item #: i_372472Bottle Size: 750mlSipon is the Slovenian name for Furmint, the Hungarian grape used in the famous wines of Tokaj. This old vines, lees-aged example from the Podravje region of Slovenia is elegant and super fresh on the palate, showing beautiful salinity, fragrant white flower aromas and a crisp palate full of apricot, granny smith apple, and pineapple flavors. SUSTAINABLE FARMING
- Item #: i_236380Bottle Size: 750MLScented with sweet SPICE, ripe CHERRY, dark CHOCOLATE and coffee bean. Flavors of fresh black plum, subtle layers of TOASTY oak and tobacco leaf. Richly textured, supple tannins, lingering exotic spice finish.
- Item #: i_300157Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 91James Suckling: 93Wine Enthusiast: 92 Points"Its richness comes from the ripe fruits and layered structure that now shows the beginnings of maturity" - Wine Enthusiast
"Precise and beautiful. A serious young red" - James Suckling
"Solid, with a youthfully tight core of juicy blackberry and black currant paste flavors" - Wine Spectator
We are excited to offer a great value on a terrific wine from Bordeaux. We made a special purchase of the 2015 Chateau La Garde and are able to offer it at the lowest price in the Country! This is a delicious, big bold wine with its power hidden behind layers of prodigious dark fruit. After opening, it rapidly develops generous mouthful defined by lovely, expressive fruit, concentration and depth. James Suckling gave this wine a score of 93 Points calling it "Precise and beautiful" and "a serious young red." The Wine Enthusiast scored it 92 Points noting its "layers of blackberry and black-currant fruits" and its richness.
La Garde hails from Pessac-Leognan, best known as the home of Chateau Haut Brion, Pape Clement and Smith Haut Lafitte to name a few. La Garde is a property that dates to 1732 and boasts a terroir known for exceptional diversity of soils, especially its deep gravel on clay subsoil. This includes a magnificent outcrop of deep gravel named "le plateau," which is one of the highest points in the appellation. This favored location allows the Cabernet Sauvignon to ripen perfectly and produces grapes with great concentration.
As you know by now, 2015 is considered a great year in Bordeaux with many properties producing their best wine in decades. This holds true for wines at all levels and Chateau La Garde has produced a wine that stands out for its balance and generosity.
If you enjoy bold, deeply flavored full-bodied Bordeaux bursting with plentiful fruit culminating in a long, flavorsome finish, this is a great choice. Even better, this wine is available at the lowest price in the country!
JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "Violet, dark-berry and stone aromas follow through to a medium to full body. Linear and very fine. Tight and fresh. Precise and beautiful. A serious young red. Drink in 2022."
WINE ENTHUSIAST 92 POINTS - "This is a stylish wine, with acidity, firm tannins and layers of blackberry and black-currant fruits. A blend of almost equal proportions of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, its richness comes from the ripe fruits and layered structure that now shows the beginnings of maturity. Drink from 2021.
WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "Solid, with a youthfully tight core of juicy blackberry and black currant paste flavors, wrapped with brambly grip and backed by twinges of tar and anise on the finish. Needs a touch of cellaring to unwind fully. Best from 2020 through 2030."
- Item #: i_352592Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 90Burghound: 90WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "Firm and smoky, offering flavors of candied cherry, bread dough, lemon zest and toasted raisin bread, with a lively bead. Moderate finish."
INTERNATIONAL WINE CELLAR 90 POINTS - " "Light yellow-gold. Meyer lemon and pear skin aromas are complemented by notes of chalky minerals, quinine and brioche. Chewy and dry on entry, then fleshier and smoother in the mid-palate, offering densely packed orchard fruit flavors and a hint of bitter citrus pith. Closes with firm grip and very good, mineral-driven persistence, leaving a toasty, smoky note behind. Here's an NV bottling that deserves cellaring."
Lanson Black Label Brut NV
91 Points Wine Spectator (November 15th 2017)
- Item #: i_352590Bottle Size: 750mlLanson was one of the first brands to offer Rosé Champagne. In this respect, the House has over 50 years experience. Rosé derives its pink tint from the blending of the 3 classic grape varieties, Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier and Chardonnay. It is produced in the traditional way with a small amount of fine red wine made exclusively from Pinot Noir to give the wine its colour. This Lanson is composed of 50% Pinot Noir, 35% Chardonnay and 15% Meunier, with 7% Bouzy red added for color. Like all of Lanson's Champagnes, this Rose is fermented in stainless steel without malolactic fermenatation. The result is a lively pale pink Champagne that displays subtle berry flavors accented with hints of toast and nougat.
- Item #: i_375498Bottle Size: 750mlLiesl's red is 100% hand-harvested Pinot Noir from small estate-owned plots, macerated in stainless steel and matured briefly in neutral oak, hand-harvested from small plots with a maximum production capacity of 1,200 9L cases. The wine undergoes a cooler maceration in stainless steel tanks using the pump-over technique for maximum extraction. The wine is then transferred to large oak barrels which help “flesh out” the Pinot Noir without imparting too much “oaky” character to the wine. Liesl then spends several months in bottle before leaving the winery. Aromas of black cherry and dark fruits are accented by cranberry and savory notes. Allspice, cinnamon and clove come through on the mid-palate with the sweet yet savory flavors continuing. A nice acidity frames the wine, with a touch of oak spices and the red and dark fruit aromas and flavors carrying through on the finish.
- Item #: i_304231Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Notes
"This crisp, fruit-forward and juicy wine has expressive aromas and flavors of ripe red berries, with nice heft in the mouth, and mineral and spice notes. Most red meats and grilled or roasted white meats, especially those prepared with savory herbs or spices."
- Item #: i_372984Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93WINE ADVOCATE 97+ POINTS-"Aromas of clear honey, crisp green orchard fruit, white peach, pastry cream and dried white flowers introduce the 2012 Cristal, a full-bodied, concentrated and powerful wine that's built for the cellar. Broader, more textural and more muscular than the 2008 Cristal, with seemingly even greater reserves of structuring dry extract, the 2012 is incisive and searingly chalky. This is the first Cristal produced exclusively from organically farmed fruit, and it marks the opening of a new chapter for Louis Roderer. The blend is 60% Pinot Noir and 40% Chardonnay, vinified without malolactic fermentation and disgorged with 7.5 grams per liter dosage. Chef de Caves Jean-Baptiste Lecaillon has once again excelled himself."
JAMES SUCKLING 98 POINTS-"Such attractive, fresh, floral aromas here with fine bread, hints of white almonds and a lemon edge. White cherries and strong, chalky minerals, too. The palate has a very composed feel. Seamless and quite silky texture with effortless length and flow. Very fluid and composed. Very late, warming almond flavors. This is very long and smooth with a velvety finish. Super long pinot weight. Resolved and drinkable, but will age so well."
- Item #: i_302986Bottle Size: 750mlSUSTAINABLY GROWN. Fruity, lively, and a lot of fun, the 2020 Zweigelt Rose from Muller has fresh strawberry and ruby red grapefruit aroma in the nose; gentle cranberry notes on the palate and a clean, light and harmonic structure. Made from the red grape, Zweigelt, this is a quality small-production Rose that would pair well with Seafood, Cheese, or Poultry dishes. It is versatile and makes a great compliment to any table. Delicious and easy to like!
The grapes for this Rose originate from our vineyards around the ‘Gottweiger Berg‘ in the southern Kremstal wine region. The vines mainly grow on gravel which is covered by a massive layer of loess. The warm Pannonian climate from the east is creating a micro-climate unique to the Danube valley. The combination of the well-suited soil along with the unique climate of the Danube valley supports the ripening of the grapes perfectly.
- Item #: i_246110Bottle Size: 750mlHere’s a delightful Cabernet from a reliable winery at a very fair price! Murphy-Goode Estate Winery was founded in 1985 and produces excellent wines from grapes sourced from over 300 acres of vineyards in Sonoma’s Alexander Valley. This is a classic Alexander Valley Cabernet with seductive aromatics that feature blackberries, plums, sweet herbs, anise, dark chocolate, coffee and toasty oak. The complex aromas are mirrored on the palate with layers of flavors that include blackberries, cherries, currants, and baker’s chocolate. Aging in a combination of French and American oak has added vanilla and coffee nuances and supple texture. Crowd-pleasing Cabernet that tastes like a $20.00 bottle. Buy it by the case!
- Item #: i_301116Bottle Size: 750mlPRACTICING ORGANIC
95% Sangiovese & 5% Canaiolo
"Giovanna ferments 'Cinque' in a combination of cement and steel, with a slightly briefer maceration than 'Le Trame,' and ages it in large botti for roughly one year less than the flagship wine. The result is slightly less structured and gentler, but still deeply expressive of both the warm generosity of Castelnuovo Berardenga and of Giovanna’s caressingly pure style. 2018 was a rainy and relatively tough growing season, but one would never know if from this wine, which is lithe, supple, and open for business even at this youthful stage."
-ROSENTHAL WINE MERCHANT
The Podere Le Boncie "Cinque" is a wonderful example of an everyday-drinking Tuscan red. Fresh on the nose with cherry, orange peel, vanilla and earth, it glides onto the palate with medium tannin and a refreshing line of acidity. The silky texture of this wine makes each sip more beautiful than the last. This Tuscan blend as a perfect house red - great to be enjoyed with a simple weeknight meal such as spaghetti alla Bolognese or pork roast.
Podere Le Boncie is located in the hamlet of San Felice, a few km north of Castelnuovo Berardenga in Chianti Classico. In 2006, Giovanna Morganti acquired the rights to an exquisite 1.5-hectare vineyard she calls Chiesa Monti. Owned by the Church, it was never registered as a Chianti Classico vineyard, so the wine Giovanna produces from it - ‘5’ - is simply IGT Toscana. The name refers to the 5 grape varieties that originally made up the wine - Sangiovese, Mammolo, Colorino, Fogliatonda & Ciliegiolo. Giovanna is an outspoken advocate of natural farming and minimal interventionist winemaking; part of what she does falls under biodynamic practices. Since the 2011 vintage, she has opted out of the Chianti Classico consorzio, labeling both her wines instead as IGT Toscana.
Spontaneosly fermented. Aged 1 year in large neutral oak. Neither filtered nor fined. Minimal sulfites added for stabilization at bottling.
- Item #: i_115120Bottle Size: 1LSpecial order by the case!
Powers Gold Label is a complex spice and honeyed taste experience. Every drop is triple distilled, with more cut from the top and tail of the second and third Pot Still charges. This means only the purest heart of the distillate is captured. Our distillate is then left to mature in select American oak casks which allows our Pot Still style whiskey to shine. Powers Gold Label is blended with the finest grain whiskey, also exclusively matured in American oak casks. Finally, a proprietary Powers production technique enables a non-chill filtration at 40% ABV – unique amongst Irish whiskey.
The Powers John's Lane Distillery was renowned for its fine Irish whiskeys, bursting with flavor and character and made famous by one of Ireland's most popular brands, Powers Gold Label.
- Item #: i_245010Bottle Size: 750mlInspired by the age-old method of using cuttings from idyllic sites for the propagation of new vines, this Cabernet Sauvignon showcases some of our favorite hillside vineyards. Cuttings combines the deep, intense flavor of Cabernet Sauvignon with the structure and richness of Petite Sirah and Syrah. A small amount of Zinfandel adds a nice layer of complexity and spiciness. Deliciously smooth with flavors of blueberry, dark cherry, and cocoa. Aromas of fresh roasted coffee, black currant, vanilla bean, brown spice, and wild berries. 80% Cabernet Sauvignon; 20% Blend of Petite Sirah, Syrah, and Zinfandel.
- Item #: i_252110Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90James Suckling: 91JAMES SUCKLING 91 POINTS - "A zesty and fresh style with lemon and grapefruit character. Medium body, bright acidity and a clean finish. Some phenolic tension to this."
WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "Lemon, peach and pear flavors are fresh and vibrant on a supple body, with spice, green tea and dried floral accents to the expressive finish."
- Item #: i_101037Bottle Size: 750mlThis whiskey was just named "The Best Irish Whiskey of the Year" by Whisky Advocate; coincidentally, they gave that award to the standard Redbreast 12 last year and named the Midleton Distillery-the makers of Redbreast-"The Irish Distillery of the Year." So, you could say we are in good company when we say: Redbreast is a tremendously stellar representation of unequivocally 'Irish' Whiskey; 'Pure Pot Still' is an Irish method blending malted barley with un-malted Barley to achieve the mash (the grain base for fermentation) that is unique to Ireland. The nose has tight tropical fruits, luscious baking spice, cereal grain and toffee. With water, the aromas soften to include pancakes, caramel, fudge and soft tree fruit. On the palate the mouthfeel is huge and demonstrative, occupied by deliberating the resplendent aromas as flavors that escalate to include maple, leather, anise, vanilla, fennel, butterscotch, nutmeg and dried fruit. The finish lasts forever with seemingly infinite restatements of the dazzling flavors and aromas. Try this neat then with a splash of water, perhaps even with an ice cube and patience. Note: VERY LIMITED!
- Item #: i_352768Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92+WINE ADVOCATE 92+ POINTS - "A generous bouquet of marzipan and ripe pears that's subtly framed by new wood introduces the 2017 Pouilly-Fuissé En Bertillonne, a medium to full-bodied, deep and muscular wine that's textural and blocky in profile, with ripe underlying acids and a heady finish. Its structure and concentration are impressive, but it will merit a little bottle age."
- Item #: i_258370Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 91James Suckling: 91Wine Enthusiast: 93 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 93 POINTS, WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS, JAMES SUCKLING 91 POINTS
This pioneering Napa Valley sparkling wine house has been on quite a tear lately with their rose cuvees and this edition could be our favorite to date. This rose's multi-faceted palate presents a cornucopia of succulent red summer fruits that are just the thing to complement the salt infused flavors of your Easter ham. Robert Parker really flipped for it as the below review suggests.
- Item #: i_306270Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "This is the higher-tier expression of Aglianico from this fabulous producer who is still under the radar outside of Campania. The Stefania Barbot 2015 Taurasi Fren is an expressive and beautiful vintage with enough inner tension and energy to ensure a long and happy drinking window of ten years or more. These offerings from Stefania Barbot are drop-dead gorgeous. That said, this wine is a bit more closed right now, but it will give a lot in the future with more bottle evolution. The Fren is made with fruit from 70-year-old vines, and the wine ages carefully in oak for 24 months. Only 4,000 bottles were made. I am excited by this terrific new discovery."
- Item #: i_352081Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND - "An exuberantly fresh array of plum, earth and pretty dark currant aromas leads to rich and surprisingly bold flavors that possess very good mid-palate density, all wrapped in a lightly stony and saline finish that is presently youthfully austere. Good stuff here and ageworthy too!"
- Item #: i_166295Bottle Size: 1.75LTito's Handmade Vodka is produced in Austin at Texas' first and oldest legal distillery. It's made in small batches in an old fashioned pot still by Tito Beveridge (actual name), a 45-year-old Geologist, and distilled six times.Tito's Handmade Vodka is designed to be savored by spirit connoisseurs. It is micro-distilled in an old-fashioned pot still, just like fine single malt scotches and high-end French cognacs. This time-honored method of distillation requires more skill and effort than modern column stills, but it's well worth it.Our handcrafted technique offers more control over the distillation process, resulting in a spectacularly clean product of incomparable excellence. Only the heart of the run, the nectar is taken, leaving behind residual higher and lower alcohols. The vodka is cleansed of phenols, esters, congenersand acids by filtering it through the finest activated carbon available. Tito's Handmade Vodka won the prestigious Double Gold Medal having prevailed over 70 of the world's best premium vodkas, as the judges' unanimous Gold Medal choice, at The World Spirits Competition in San Francisco California.
- Item #: i_378976Bottle Size: 750mlVINCENT COUCHE "ELEGANCE" EXTRA BRUT CHAMPAGNE, FRANCE. 85% Pinot Noir, 15% Chardonnay. (Demeter Certified Biodynamic) Vincent Couche is one of the stars of the grower Champagne movement. Located in the Cotes des Bar, Vincent is also fully Biodynamic, a rarity not just in this region, but in all Champagne. His Champagnes are especially complex due to extended lees aging. Aged five years on the lees and bottled with no dosage, this Champagne is creamy, yeasty and complex, with focused minerality and lots of length. Terrific!
- Item #: i_353784Bottle Size: 750mlThis is an incredible Sancerre, barrel fermented, giving it a gentle creaminess that is balanced with fresh, bright stones fruits. Nuance is a powerful old-vine Sauvignon Blanc. Hints of flint, stone fruits, herbs de Provence, and a gorgeous, delicate jolt of fresh lemon in the finish. A serious Sancerre from one of the leading producers who follow exceptional farming practices on the top parcels in the region. A must-try for Sancerre lovers everywhere.
- Item #: i_352088Bottle Size: 750mlThe Kimmeridgian (limestone-rich) soils that run through Chablis give the wines their characteristic minerality, which can also be described as gunflint, chalk and, in the wines of Vocoret & Fils, the taste of a wet stone. An exceptional village-level Chablis with three-fourths of the fruit coming from the famous “Les Pargues” vineyard in Prehy and the balance comes from a village-level vineyard located just next to Montee de Tonnerre. This wine captures the typical Chablis character with steely minerality, focused citrus expression and firm acidity. Serve as an aperitif or with oysters, seafood, snails, charcuterie, goat cheese, Gruyere cheese.