Catalog Advanced Search
65 items were found using the following search criteria
- Monthly Specials: Yes
- Item #: i_301551Bottle Size: 750mlGAMBERO ROSSO GUIDE - 3 GLASS AWARD
Almost no one celebrates Verdicchio... as a white wine that can age to an impressive depth and complexity. Yet it can. And it does.... Garofoli, among others, are creating Verdicchios capable of being taken seriously. Matt Kramer, Wine Spectator
100% Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi Classico Superiore DOC The Podium is an intense, elegant wine with loads of complexity, structure, and potential to age. The estate ensures these qualities by maintaining low yields of very select grapes and maturation in steel tanks of at least one year before bottling. If properly laid down, this wine will drink beautifully over the next 6-10 years.
- Item #: i_372514Bottle Size: 750mlThis incredible white is composed of 90% Assyrtiko, 7% Aidani and 3% Athiri grown in vineyards located adjacent to the villages of Pyrgos and Megalochori, Santorini. The vines are ungrafted, dry-farmed and over 80 years old. The microclimate in Santorini is characterized as semi-desert, hot during the day and cooler at night. The vineyards benefit from the sea air and humidity. On the nose you find aromas of lemon-lime zest and pure volcanic earth. Chalky saline notes and crisp minerality in the mouth lead to a long finish.
- Item #: i_102120Bottle Size: 750MLThe Balvenie 12 Year Double Wood. Aged in traditional whisky oak casks and then finished in Sherry Casks.
Nose: Sherry and orange skins. Fragrant.
Palate: Beautifully combined mellow flavours: nutty, sweet, sherry, very orangy fruitiness, heather, cinnamon spiciness.
Finish: Smoky and a little spicy with a bigger vanilla tang.
- Item #: i_109619Bottle Size: 750MLA masterpiece in every way... Beluga's composition is unique: not only is their malt alcohol of the most exquisite quality, and pearly artesian water, but also the diligent handiwork of past masters with their care for every detail. Not just a vodka, but an attitude towards life - one in which everything matters, everything has its place, and every deed has its special meaning. Beluga vodka is manufactured in an environmentally pure and untouched corner of Siberia, 300 km from the nearest settlement. Beluga undergoes the processes of filtration quartz sand post-filtration and maturating for a 3-month period. Calmed and rested at every stage, Beluga is saturated with irreproachable taste.
- Item #: i_306004Bottle Size: 1LYes, folks, this wine comes in a (1.0) liter bottle, which means you get to have more fun! Representing the fresh, crisp and refreshingly tangy side of Grüner Veltliner in the perennially-popular liter format, this is the bottling that Terry Theise calls the class of the [liter] category. Dry, crisp, and impeccably clean, this wine delivers delicious flavors of white flowers, pepper, and pink grapefruit, underscoredby an attractive leesiness - quintessential value Gruner Veltliner. Bottled under a crown cap; you'll need a bottle opener, not a corkscrew.
- Item #: i_301063Bottle Size: 750mlCiliegiolo is native to Tuscany and Liguria, usually showing up in classic Sangiovese-dominant blends. However, Bisson's winemaker and proprietor makes this 100% Ciliegiolo wine by taking advantage of its light and fruity character in the form of a rosato (rose'). It's dry but succulent with flavors redolent of mixed wild red fruits. Fans of Bisson will no doubt buy this small allotment up fast!
"Enoteca Bisson was born in 1978 when Pierluigi Lugano fell in love with the wines of the Ligurian coastline. He began as a trader in small lots of bulk wine, later became a wine merchant and finally a grower in his own right. He now splits his time between his busy wine shop in Chiavari, the wine cellar and his vineyards. For the grapes he purchases, he works hand in hand with local growers from pruning to harvest, then carefully vinifies the different lots of grapes. Lugano is a serious student of oenology and is an expert on the local grape varieties. His passion extends to the preservation of local traditions and this is reflected in the distinctive character and personality of his large range of wines from the Cinque Terre region. It takes a heroic effort to cultivate vines on the steep slopes of the Ligurian coastline high above the Mediterranean Sea. Mechanization of vineyard tasks is out of the question and everything must be done by hand. Only truly passionate winegrowers are willing to carry on the traditions that have come down through the generations since the ancient Greeks first planted vines on the steep, stony slopes here. Lugano works closely with several small, local growers. He believes, as we do, that wine is made in the vineyards and he closely controls the work done in the field. Further, he has embarked on an ambitious program to purchase his own parcels in prime zones throughout the Cinque Terre and surrounding areas. He staunchly defends indigenous, and increasingly rare, grape varieties and works tirelessly to ensure that they do not disappear for future generations of wine lovers." - ROSENTHAL WINE MERCHANT
- Item #: i_305702Bottle Size: 750mlThe wine fully expresses all the olfactory characteristics of Nascetta, semi-aromatic grape: citrus, apple, pear, acacia flowers, fresh vegetable, exotic fruit, hay, straw and grapefruit!
The nose has notes of flint and the taste from fruity to salty. This is why it has already been compared to the great white wines of the Rhine.
Great aperitif, will go well with raw fish, white meats and fresh cheeses
- Item #: i_203260Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "The 2015 Reserve Tapestry is soft, pliant and supple, all qualities that make it an excellent choice for drinking now and over the next handful of years. Sweet red cherry, plum, rose petal, mint and dried flowers are all laced together in this racy, super-expressive blend from BV. The Cabernet Sauvignon-based Tapestry is one of the hidden gems in the range."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "The 2015 Reserve Tapestry Proprietary Red Wine is blended of 75% Cabernet Sauvignon, 11% Merlot, 7% Malbec, 4% Cabernet Franc and 3% Petit Verdot aged in a mix of French, American and Hungarian oak (60% new) for 22 months. It has a deep garnet-purple color and quite a toasty nose to begin, giving way to a beautiful perfume of roses and lilacs with a core of cassis, redcurrant jelly and blackberry tart plus a touch of cedar chest. Full, velvety and seductive, it delivers layers of perfumed red and black fruit with a very long finish. 16,637 cases produced."
- Item #: i_305056Bottle Size: 750mlFontedoccia owes its name to the vineyard of production that is spread along a beautiful ridge in the south area of Acquaviva. The rich presence of water sources justifies the name of the area, called Fontedoccia.
A lively ruby-red colour with purple reflections. Red flowers and spicy notes. Youthful and fresh with gentle tannins.
- Item #: i_104960Bottle Size: 750MLThis tequila, pale yellow in color, has a full-mellow attack with moderate complexity and an agave intensity of the same level. The aroma contains moderate caramel and smoke with slight hints of fruit, pepper, agave, and floral elements. The medium and sweet body has flavors of oak with moderate agave an ome pepper. The component most pronounced is like cardboard-or dough, perhaps from the new oak barrels. A moderately long and sweet finish with the doughy taste lingering through the tingy alcohol.
- Item #: i_302344Bottle Size: 750mlRipe dark fruits, notes of telltale Montalcino underbrush and herbs, nimble acidity, and satisfying tannins make this Rosso di Montalcino drink like a true “baby Brunello.” A blend of the best organically grown grapes, this Rosso spends about 18 months in barrel before bottling (regulations require that Brunello spends two years in barrel, making this wine akin to Montalcino’s more famous sibling).
- Item #: i_345529Bottle Size: 750ML“Esprit Gassier” is the “Gassier Spirit” that combines the exceptional terroir of the Sainte-Victoire region with Côtes de Provence varietals to produce a wine that expresses the family’s passion, expertise and creativity. The beautiful label, designed by a local artist, is silk-screened on the bottle to create a striking package.
A very clear rosé with shades of peach; floral nose with white and yellow fruit notes (peach, apricot, pear); in the mouth, round and delicate with notes of white peach, mandarin and grapefruit.
- Item #: i_125311Bottle Size: 1.75LCitadelle does not disappoint. With 19 herbs and spices it is, surprise, surprise, delightfully and delicately herbal, though the main juniper note was not drowned out. Citadelle is distilled four times, and is extraordinarily smooth. Produced in Cognac, France, it has British producers scratching their heads, and taste buds.
- Item #: i_351379Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96ROBERT PARKER 96 POINTS: “The 2015 Chateauneuf du Pape Urgonien is a blend of 80% Grenache and 20% Mourvèdre, from 1.14 hectares planted on limestone-based soils. Rose petals and cherries fill the nose, while the full-bodied palate delivers fresh fruit, hints of dried spices—allspice, clove, anise—and a rich, supple texture. Although it weighs in at 15.2% alcohol, it doesn't show any warmth on the palate or finish. Bravo!”
- Item #: i_227970Bottle Size: 750mlFrancis Ford presents another refreshingly-priced Pinot with refreshing Pinot character! Every Francis Coppola Diamond Collection wine is made with grapes grown in California regions best suited to each varietal. This one is sourced from specific sites within Monterey. The smallest of these vineyards lies on the eastern side of the Salinas Valley, where its loamy sand soils provide ideal drainage, thus adding to the concentration and density of the wine. The largest vineyard is just below the Santa Lucia Highlands, enjoying coastal fog and Pacific breezes that allow for a long growing season.
Displaying a deep garnet color, the enticing bouquet blooms with strawberry and hints of lavender and cherries, followed by a palate of dried cranberry, spice and earth.
- Item #: i_351742Bottle Size: 750mlJOHN GILMAN 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Sec bottling from the Le Mont vineyard is another gem from Domaine Huët. The bouquet is bright, pure and nascently complex, offering up scents of lemon, apple, quince, bee pollen, chalky soil tones and a topnote of spring flowers. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied and more closed in personality than the Le Haut Lieu Sec, with a bit of the backend dustiness of shutdown young Vouvray already starting to throw its weight around, but with excellent depth at the core and impressive focus. The finish is long, beautifully balanced and intensely flavored, with great energy and grip. This is dynamite wine in the making but unlike the Le Haut Lieu Sec, I would be tempted to tuck this away in the cellar right away and not drink any bottles during its first couple of years, as I have the sense that this is going to shut down quite briskly and it will be pointless to waste bottles early on, particularly given how much potential there is here for down the road!"
- Item #: i_347642Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 91WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "Chalky on the nose, this clean-cut Champagne is creamy in texture and elegant, offering a subtle mesh of biscuit, green pear, ground ginger and lemon zest notes. A fine aperitif, with a racy finish. Drink now through 2020. 15,000 cases imported."
Breaking with convention Grand Cordon has no front label : The G.H. Mumm signature and eagle emblem are printed in gold directly on the glass. Another striking feature of the design is its shape, which necessitated a whole series of innovations to the traditional champagne production process.
The most eye-catching feature of the Mumm Grand Cordon bottle is its reinterpretation of the famous Cordon Rouge red sash, transformed into a genuine red ribbon, which – in a feat of technology – is actually indented in the glass.
- Item #: i_379357Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90JAMES SUCKLING 97 POINTS-"Wow! Amazing aromas of crushed blackberry and blueberry, stems and rose petal. Entrancing. Full-bodied, very tight and powerful with ultra-fine tannins. Intense richness of crushed berries, chocolate, hazelnut and coffee. 5,250 cases. Try after 2026."
- Item #: i_112270Bottle Size: 750MLThe original liqueur created in 1880 by Louis Alexandre Marnier Lapostolle. A delicate blend of fine cognacs and distilled essence of tropical oranges with the addition of the Marnier Lapostolle secret. Slow ageing in French oak casts gives it incomparable roundness and subtlety.
- Item #: i_166281Bottle Size: 750MLFranceIn the Anjou region of France, the essence of Anjou pears is artistically blended by the Maitre de Chai with the world?s finest vodka to create Grey Goose La Poire Flavored Vodka. Originating from France, the Beurre d?Anjou, or Anjou pear, is prized for its clean sweetness and mellow flavor. Once ripened, the Anjou pear is subtly sweet and notably smooth. Both sophisticated and unique, the taste of Grey Goose La Poire is a fitting compliment for a variety of cuisines and cocktails including the signature Peartini.