Catalog Advanced Search
58 items were found using the following search criteria
- Monthly Specials: Yes
- Item #: i_301710Bottle Size: 750mlDEMETER CERTIFIED BIODYNAMIC
WINEMAKER NOTES - "This wine is all about the joy of experimenting and bringing different components together. One part of the grapes was pressed immediately after their arrival at the estate, another part was kept on the skins for 15 hours and the third part was in contact with stems and skins for about one year.
Spontaneous fermentation, partly in large casks and partly in stainless steel tanks.
Maturation: on the lees, partly in large casks and partly in stainless steel tanks (approximately 9 months)
Aroma: pronounced bouquet, fruity (melone, peach), spicy, mineral.
Palate: rich and quite oppulent, lively, fresh, fruity, dry."
- Item #: i_311317Bottle Size: 1LCharm and value typify these wines. Clean, cultured-yeast wines with lots of primary fruit, yet aging superbly. There's some land on the Gedersdorf plateau that's planted to red varieties. All the wines are made dry, of course. They use cultured yeasts to get slow fermentations and to preserve the utmost CO2. Berger is all stainless steel, of course.
Wine maker notes: This smells just like Zinfandel except more seductive and inviting; indeed it smells like the kind of Zin no one’s making any more since tout le monde started chasing fortified wine levels of alcohol. This is all cloves and blueberries; wonderful length of sweet fruit and ripe soft tannins; elegant poise of power and a sort of luscious solidity.
- Item #: i_380247Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 94#41 ON WINE SPECTATOR TOP 100 WINES OF 2018
WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "Alluring plum, blackberry, cola and spice cake flavors are rich and balanced in this expressive Spanish red. There's plenty of structure, but it doesn't get in the way of the flavors, and the spicy, floral finish is long and fresh. Best after 2009. 6,100 cases made."
WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "I also had the opportunity to taste the 2014 San Román, which has benefitted from one extra year in bottle. The year was less warm and ripe than 2015, but the fruit is still quite ripe, but without excess. It has nicely integrated oak and a powerful mouthfeel keeping the poise and elegance. The flavors are focused, and the end is long. 95,000 bottles produced."
- Item #: i_383610Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 90WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "This focused red is light and firm, with cherry, licorice, leafy and smoky flavors kept lively by crisp, orange-peel acidity. Not muscular, but has energy, in the traditional style. Drink now through 2022."
- Item #: i_162604Bottle Size: 750ml **The distillery that Casa Noble Tequila calls home started making tequila in the mid-18th century (before it was called tequila) in the region of Tequila, Jalisco. Today, the distillery still sits just outside the town of Tequila. The brand Casa Noble is owned by Carlos Hernandez Ramos, Jose Hermosillo Brooks, David Ravandi and Carlos Santana (yes, that Carlos Santana!). This Casa Noble Single Barrel Extra Añejo begins with fully ripe, organic, estate grown agave that is hand-selected and cooked in a stone oven for 36 hours; After cooling down, the agaves are shredded, the juice is extracted and put to naturally ferment. When the fermentation is complete, the agave wine is then triple distilled and laid down in new, lightly toasted, French oak barrels to age for 5 years. That is how Casa Noble creates this wonderful Extra Añejo tequila. What sets this Casa Noble Extra Añejo apart from others is that it is a “Single Barrel” that we here at Lists with lissome expressions of the flavors and passes deliberately with dry niceties that entice you to sip again. Try this neat with time to spare and enjoy.
- Item #: i_333028Bottle Size: 750MLMerlot based wine from the Cotes de Blaye Bordeaux. Medium bodied with black fruit aromas and an easy drinking finish. Easy drinking with a ton of flavor.
- Item #: i_351845Bottle Size: 750ml67% Grenache, 18% Syrah, 5% Cinsault, 5% Mourvèdre, 5% Rolle. Crystal-clear, pale rose pink. Strawberries and citrus on the nose, with hints of jasmine. Expressive with a full array of summer fruits. Fresh, full-bodied and fruity on the mid-palate, then finishing crisp, elegant and long, with a persistent silky texture. Very moreish. Only 2.7g/L of residual sugar. ORGANIC/BIODYNAMIC
- Item #: i_105420Bottle Size: 1.75LColour: Radiant warm amberNose: An aromatic infusion of late summer meadows, heather, honey and orchard fruitsTaste: Round and creamy on the palate, Chivas Regal has a full, rich taste of honey and ripe apples, with vanilla, hazelnut and butterscotch notesFinish: Rich and lingeringBJ
- Item #: i_351379Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96ROBERT PARKER 96 POINTS: “The 2015 Chateauneuf du Pape Urgonien is a blend of 80% Grenache and 20% Mourvèdre, from 1.14 hectares planted on limestone-based soils. Rose petals and cherries fill the nose, while the full-bodied palate delivers fresh fruit, hints of dried spices—allspice, clove, anise—and a rich, supple texture. Although it weighs in at 15.2% alcohol, it doesn't show any warmth on the palate or finish. Bravo!”
- Item #: i_212590Bottle Size: 750mlBand of Vintners is the outcome of seven wine industry friends who regularly get together to taste wine and talk shop. The collective "insider" knowledge of where the best fruit can be sourced, where the deals can be found, and where favors can be called in when needed, was contagious, and surprised even us. The outcome, is a wine we believe makes a strong case for one of the best QPRs in the Napa Valley, and something we're proud to share with our friends, family, neighbors, and (of course) our customers.
- Item #: i_351588Bottle Size: 750mlThe Duband estate chose to convert entirely to organic agriculture in 2006. David Duband made the choice first and foremost out of respect for the environment but also for the intrinsic quality of the wines.
Age of vines about 50 years average
The dress is of a red ruby bursting with beautiful dark reflections. The nose gets involved aromas of black and red fruits with a lot of neatness. The mouth is frank with a touch of licorice and one finale slightly spiced.
- Item #: i_344103Bottle Size: 750MLWinemaker's notes - This wine exclusively comes from vineyards of the Domain Marcel DEISS and is produced from 13 Alsatian grapes. These grapes express the story of Alsatian terroir.
Vinous Media 88 points: - "Medium straw. Aromas and flavors of ripe apricot, peach and spiced apple. Broad, fresh and dry in the mouth, with a clean, persistent finish. This lovely, easygoing white wine had me looking for a plate of bivalves." -- Ian D'Agata
- Item #: i_264004Bottle Size: 750mlAs we finally swing into spring and look ahead to months of relaxed outdoor entertaining, it is high time (sorry pun intended) to stock up on bargain patio quaffers like this frothy Washington state gem.
For nearly 40 years, Domaine Ste. Michelle has crafted traditional French-style sparkling wines using premium grapes from the Evergreen States’s Columbia Valley.
This bubbly is a nifty blend of 63% Chardonnay, 19% Pinot Noir, and 18% Pinot Gris. It is finished with a slightly sweeter dosage, not unlike an Italian Prosecco, but with a finer effervescence wrought by the traditional Méthode Champenoise-as opposed to the less costly Charmant process. Here one is treated to delicate aromas of orange and lemon zest followed by appetizing flavors of green apples, Bosc pears, and Meyer lemons. Warning, be sure to have a chilled back up bottle at the ready because this is a real crowd pleaser that will quickly have your guests begging for more. This is a fine value at twelve dollars so we know our offer may seem a little too good to be true. Trust us it’s not, we are selling only freshly corked inventory bearing the winery's newly redesign label.
- Item #: i_377236Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 91WINE SPECTATOR INSIDER 91 POINTS - "This Port is filled to the brim with rich, dried fruit and spiceflavors, including apricot and mango, along with vibrant whitechocolate and hazelnut notes. The finish is sumptuous. Drink now."
- Item #: i_376444Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 97-99NEAL MARTIN 96 POINTS-The 2016 Fonseca Vintage Port began to be picked on 21 September at their Panascal vineyard, their Quinta do Cruzeira vineyard not picked until 6 October. It is deep, almost inky in colour. The bouquet is very intense with luscious black fruit laced with embers, clove and hints of bay leaf. There is wonderful purity here and a broodiness that suggests you'd better be patient. The palate is sweet and lively on the entry with some gorgeous ginger and curry leaf notes littered over the compact black fruit. There is wonderful density to this Fonseca. It is like a coiled spring with so much energy towards the finish that you just know this will be a long-term prospect. Superb. Production is 4,900 cases.
WINE ADVOCATE 96-98 POINTS-The 2016 Vintage Port is a field blend that was not quite bottled when seen (set for a week later), but it was the final blend. It was aged for 20 months in wood and comes in with 99 grams of residual sugar. This Fonseca is remarkably expressive, lifted and gloriously fresh. It has good concentration but some years have had more and seemed sexier. However, the most notable feature is the structure. It is very impressive in structure, that classic Port power and firmness coming to the fore and overshadowing the rest at the moment. This is very tight and very unevolved. Don't even think of buying it if you aren't prepared to cellar it. The 2030 start date that I have will not be even close to late enough if you want harmony and complexity. To me, this is the best of the three 2016s from the Fladgate Group this issue (Croft and Taylor being the other two), thanks to its pure intensity, but time will tell if it becomes as sexy as I'm sure Taylor's will be. In the meanwhile, Fonseca looks like one of the greats of this vintage."
- Item #: i_223810Bottle Size: 750mlFrei Brothers was established back in the 1890s by Andrew Frei who, along with many Sonoma and Napa Pioneers, found favorable conditions to grow and produce world class quality wines. Andrew's sons Walter and Louis successfully operated the winery for more than 70 years before selling the property to the Gallo Family. The Gallos spent the last 30+ years evolving the vineyards and winery into what it is today. Frei Brothers Reserve is a Certified Sustainable Winegrowing Vineyard who take pride in their responsible stewardship of the land.
- Item #: i_347642Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 91WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "Chalky on the nose, this clean-cut Champagne is creamy in texture and elegant, offering a subtle mesh of biscuit, green pear, ground ginger and lemon zest notes. A fine aperitif, with a racy finish. Drink now through 2020. 15,000 cases imported."
Breaking with convention Grand Cordon has no front label : The G.H. Mumm signature and eagle emblem are printed in gold directly on the glass. Another striking feature of the design is its shape, which necessitated a whole series of innovations to the traditional champagne production process.
The most eye-catching feature of the Mumm Grand Cordon bottle is its reinterpretation of the famous Cordon Rouge red sash, transformed into a genuine red ribbon, which – in a feat of technology – is actually indented in the glass.
- Item #: i_381250Bottle Size: 750mlMariano García and his two sons Alberto and Eduardo García Montaña form a winning team. After 30 years (1968-1998) as winemaker at Vega Sicilia, Mariano brings his longtime experience as well as his particular wisdom in terms of wine aging.
Garmón —a name which joins the family’s García and Montaña surnames.
The 2014 Garmón I tasted directly from barrel (it is expected to be bottled in May) showed good quality fruit (plum jam), liquorice notes, good concentration and wrapped up tannins. It was nicely balanced with some noticeable oak that should get integrated in the coming months.
- Item #: i_376983Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90JAMES SUCKLING 99 POINTS - "Extremely complex aromas that show the classic Graham character of black-fruit marmalade and burnt oranges. Follows through to a full body with great grip at the finish. Lightly sweet. Chewy and powerful. Such a focus at the end."
WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS-"The 2016 Vintage Port is a blend of 37% Touriga Nacional, 42% Touriga Franca and various others. It comes in with 115 grams of residual sugar. A bit bigger than Dow's this year, this is more intense as well. The better wine of these two benchmarks seems to be this Graham's. Tight on the finish, aromatic and very flavorful, this actually opens rather well and shows off its lovely fruit. The Dow's will be approachable a bit earlier, perhaps, and this may reward aging even more. As always, Graham's is wonderfully delicious. That's one hallmark of the house. I'm not sure this is a truly great Graham's, but at the moment, it is enticing, with plenty of potential for improvement. There were 6,325 cases produced, plus some bottles in other formats."
OTHER SCORES: WS 98 POINTS, WE 97 POINTS & DECANTER 98 POINTS
- Item #: i_325338Bottle Size: 750mlFresh, elegant and full of a wonderful fizz, Gran Campo Viejo Cava Brut Reserva Sparkling White Wine aged for 18 months. Decadent and delicious.
- Item #: i_166281Bottle Size: 750MLFranceIn the Anjou region of France, the essence of Anjou pears is artistically blended by the Maitre de Chai with the world?s finest vodka to create Grey Goose La Poire Flavored Vodka. Originating from France, the Beurre d?Anjou, or Anjou pear, is prized for its clean sweetness and mellow flavor. Once ripened, the Anjou pear is subtly sweet and notably smooth. Both sophisticated and unique, the taste of Grey Goose La Poire is a fitting compliment for a variety of cuisines and cocktails including the signature Peartini.
- Item #: i_163701Bottle Size: 750MLFranceGrey Goose Le Citron is distilled from a selection of choice grains blended with a distillate of fresh lemons and water from the Gene Springs that is naturally filtered through champagne limestone. Grey Goose Le Citron is the world's best tasting vodka flavored with a refreshing zest of lemon.