Catalog Advanced Search
56 items were found using the following search criteria
- Monthly Specials: Yes
- Item #: i_302461Bottle Size: 750MLNOT ONE TO BE MISSED! The Allegrini estate is based in the Valpolicella region of Italy and represents the highest expression of Valpolicella wines. Gambero Rosso, Italy's most important food and wine publication, rated Allegrini a Star winery with over ten Tre Bicchieri ("Three Glasses"-- their top recognition) awards. Palazzo Della Torre is a “Cru” wine coming from a single vineyard and is known as their “Baby Amarone.” The blend of 70% Corvina, 25% Rondinella and 5% Sangiovese takes two different paths. Thirty percent of the grapes are left to dry on racks till December, in true Amarone style, and the other seventy percent vinified immediately.
The fresh wine is blended with the juice from the dried grapes for a second fermentation and the end result is an absolute sexy wine, deep in ruby red color, with flavors of blackberries and mocha.
- Item #: i_342372Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "The 2015 Riesling Trocken Prime is even more smoky and mineral on both nose and palate. Denser in its citrus color and with a great precision and chalky/lemon mixture on the nose, this is a round and piquant Riesling with a silky texture. It also has a long and intense, stimulatingly sappy finish. This is a gorgeous wine for every day and its concentration, elegance, finesse, mineral character and expression is really stunning. A great gastronomic wine, but also the one to party with. No day or time to enjoy this 2015 would be wrong. I should mention that this wine comes from a village named Hohen-Sulzen.... it’s hard to find a wine like the smoky-mineral 2015 Riesling Trocken Prime at its price point. Drink date: 2016 - 2022."
- Item #: i_306004Bottle Size: 1LYes, folks, this wine comes in a (1.0) liter bottle, which means you get to have more fun! Representing the fresh, crisp and refreshingly tangy side of Grüner Veltliner in the perennially-popular liter format, this is the bottling that Terry Theise calls the class of the [liter] category. Dry, crisp, and impeccably clean, this wine delivers delicious flavors of white flowers, pepper, and pink grapefruit, underscoredby an attractive leesiness - quintessential value Gruner Veltliner. Bottled under a crown cap; you'll need a bottle opener, not a corkscrew.
- Item #: i_305600Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "A gorgeous rosé Champagne with sliced strawberries, orange peel and hints of cream and pie crust. Medium body, tight and integrated tannins and a long and flavorful finish. Tangy acidity. The texture shows a fine bead and lightness. Long and intense. Drink now."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "A lovely rosé in an almost vinous style, with mouthwatering acidity and a fine, lacy mousse carrying appealing flavors of ripe raspberry, white cherry fruit, star anise, mandarin orange peel and honeysuckle. Lightly chalky on the lasting finish. Enjoy with food. Drink now through 2020."
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Pale yet intense pink in color, the Billecart-Salmon NV Brut Rosé is pure, fresh and intense on the nose, with lovely raspberry aromas, refreshing citrus zest flavors and great definition. On the palate this is a pure, light and vinous rosé with great finesse and a long, well-structured and even juicy finish. This iconic rosé blends 40% Chardonnay with 30% Pinot Meunier from the Vallée de la Marne and the southern slopes of Epernay and 30% Pinot Noir (with a small part added as red wine) from the Montagne de Reims and the Grande Vallée de la Marne. Fabulous. Tasted from lot L 142B804 45564, which is based on the 2015 harvest and 40% reserve wines and was disgorged in February 2018."
- Item #: i_302506Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ADVOCATE - "Bisol’s NV Prosecco Jeio reveals notable freshness, vibrancy and crispness in its green apples, flowers and sweet spices. There is terrific energy and harmony here, but like most Proseccos, the wine is best enjoyed in its exuberant youth."
- Item #: i_380247Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 94#41 ON WINE SPECTATOR TOP 100 WINES OF 2018
WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "Alluring plum, blackberry, cola and spice cake flavors are rich and balanced in this expressive Spanish red. There's plenty of structure, but it doesn't get in the way of the flavors, and the spicy, floral finish is long and fresh. Best after 2009. 6,100 cases made."
WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "I also had the opportunity to taste the 2014 San Román, which has benefitted from one extra year in bottle. The year was less warm and ripe than 2015, but the fruit is still quite ripe, but without excess. It has nicely integrated oak and a powerful mouthfeel keeping the poise and elegance. The flavors are focused, and the end is long. 95,000 bottles produced."
- Item #: i_351456Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsTasting through the stunning line-up from Bosquet de Papes re-affirmed the brilliance of this estate and reinforced our belief in the strength of the 2016 vintage in Chateauneuf du Pape. The wines from top to bottom are stunning and appear to be the best this great estate has made to date. Shockingly, the wines continue to offer an amazing quality to price ratio. Where else in the world can you find such critically acclaimed wines at such compelling prices?
Consider the following quotes from critics who review Rhone wines for a living:
"The wines here seem to be going from strength to strength" - Wine Advocate
"Today this estate unquestionably produces some of the top wines in the appellation" - Jeb Dunnuck
'This is a property to buy from before pricing jumps" - Wine Advocate
Nicolas Boiron is the gregarious, larger than life personality who has led this family owned domaine to its greatest heights. Each of these wines has its own personality, but the common thread is they all display delicious, full-bodied fruit flavors enveloped in silky smooth tannins.
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "A terrific example of this bottling, the 2016 Châteauneuf du Pape Cuvée Tradition is a blend of 75% Grenache, 12% Mourvèdre, 10% Syrah and tiny amounts of Cinsault, Counoise and Vaccarèse. About 40% was destemmed in this textbook vintage, the fruit coming from 40 different parcels around the appellation. Floral and raspberry notes emerge on the nose, while the palate is full-bodied but silky textured, ending on subtle shadings of Provence herbs and licorice. It's a relative bargain that's easy to drink now, but it should easily go a decade or more in a cool cellar."
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "A true gem of a wine, the 2016 Châteauneuf-du-Pape checks in as 75% Grenache, 12% Mourvèdre, 10% Syrah and the balance a mix of permitted varieties. This classic cuvée comes from a multitude of sites throughout the appellation and is partially destemmed and brought up in concrete tanks and demi-muids. Terrific notes of peppery garrigue, new leather, and sweet red and black fruits all give way to a silky, seamless, full-bodied Châteauneuf-du-Pape that has no hard edges and a great finish. The classic cuvées are so good in 2016, it makes you wonder if the more expensive special cuvées are worth it."
- Item #: i_379447Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 91JAMES SUCKLING 91 POINTS - "Bold, black fruit, balanced by generous, supple tannins, making this an easy red to enjoy. But it also has some real depth with notes of licorice and earth adding some complexity to the nose and the long finish. Drink now or hold."
40% Garnacha, 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Samso (Carignan)
Capcanes is a village hidden away in the Priorato hills inland from Tarragona is the source of many fine wines today but has a long wine growing history.
The viticulture roots date back to the 13th century. Prior to Phylloxera, at the turn of the 19th century, the valleys were very densely planted. After the devastation caused by this insect, many farmers were seduced by the Spanish Industrialization, left the countryside and moved to the big cities. From a former Capçanes population of 2500 people, presently there are 400 left. Only about 1/5th of the original vineyards were replanted, predominantly with Garnacha. Some of those vineyards, approaching 100 years in age, still exist although yields are low.
- Item #: i_301250Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 94James Suckling: 94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "Though tightly packed and supported by a dense matrix of tannins, this offers appealing purity of the black currant and blackberry fruit. Concentrated yet lively, with a lingering aftertaste of fruit, spice and mineral. Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot. Best from 2021 through 2035."
JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "This sophisticated, Bolgheri red has dense aromas of black and blue fruit that easily dominate the fine, toasty and bitter-chocolate oak character. Fleshy, but not a jot too ripe, the silky tannins give the long finish a lot of appeal. Drink or hold."
- Item #: i_163223Bottle Size: 1.75LThis tequila, pale yellow in color, has a full-mellow attack with moderate complexity and an agave intensity of the same level. The aroma contains moderate caramel and smoke with slight hints of fruit, pepper, agave, and floral elements. The medium and sweet body has flavors of oak with moderate agave an ome pepper. The component most pronounced is like cardboard-or dough, perhaps from the new oak barrels. A moderately long and sweet finish with the doughy taste lingering through the tingy alcohol.
- Item #: i_345932Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 92 OUTSTANDINGWhite Burgundy is one of our favorite wines and the purest expression of Chardonnay comes from the great, cool climate appellation of Chablis. This delicious, mouth-watering style offers such transparency and transmits the racy minerality in a way that no other can.
Over the past several years, the wines of Louis Michel have become a staff and customer favorite. They offer everything you could want, exhibiting signature characteristics of Chardonnay from this region. This is the perfect wine to pair with oysters, shellfish, seafood or poultry or to refresh as we move into the warmer time of the year. Both the 2015 and 2017 Louis Michel Montée de Tonnerre wines are designated as "Outstanding" by Burghound's tough critic, Allen Meadows.
The Michel family has been making wines in the heart of Chablis since the 19th century and the domaine is now overseen by Guillaume Michel. Louis Michel & Fils were among the first to vinify its wines only in stainless steel tanks. This approach highlights the purity of the Chardonnay with these wines exuding finesse, purity and freshness.
Montée de Tonnerre is located on the right bank of the Serein River alongside the Grand Crus. It is regarded as the most prestigious and sought-after of the Chablis Premier Crus. The famous chalky Kimmeridgian soils are deep and well drained. The south-west facing vines enjoy plenty of sunshine and produce a wine with sun-kissed aromas. This is the ultimate expression of a successful partnership between soil and climate resulting in powerful wines that are complex and balanced.
BURGHOUND 92 POINTS OUTSTANDING - "(from a huge 4.5 ha parcel located in Chapelot). A pretty and distinctly ripe nose combines even more prominent notes of white flower along with those of pear, apple and quinine. The refined, pure and reasonably well-detailed medium weight flavors possess good richness and density while delivering reasonably good length on the moderately dry and lemon-inflected finale. This is also very classy and a wine that should benefit from a few years of bottle age to develop more overall depth"
- Item #: i_345529Bottle Size: 750ML“Esprit Gassier” is the “Gassier Spirit” that combines the exceptional terroir of the Sainte-Victoire region with Côtes de Provence varietals to produce a wine that expresses the family’s passion, expertise and creativity. The beautiful label, designed by a local artist, is silk-screened on the bottle to create a striking package.
A very clear rosé with shades of peach; floral nose with white and yellow fruit notes (peach, apricot, pear); in the mouth, round and delicate with notes of white peach, mandarin and grapefruit.
- Item #: i_351145Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 92We just made a special purchase of the 2015 vintage of Chateau Hourtou. This full-bodied red blend surprised us with its delicious dark fruit flavors and surprising complexity. The rich, ripe fruit flavors are very pleasing and really showcase the quality of the 2015 vintage in Bordeaux. We would expect to pay at least $20.00 for this wine, but getting this bottle for $14.95 makes this a steal.
Cotes de Bourg is an Appellation d'origine controlee (AOC) for Bordeaux wine situated around the small town of Bourg-sur-Gironde near Bordeaux, France. The first vineyards in the area were founded by the Romans. In the Middle Ages, Bourg was a major port for wine and the vineyards developed at the same tempo as the estuary traffic. The average age of Hourtou vines is 40; some are up to one hundred years old – a sure sign that the fruit will be concentrated.
This special purchase of the remaining bottles from the 2015 vintage is one of our best Bordeaux buys in recent memory. Chateau Hourtou is a delicious wine, which would make a terrific case purchase. We only have a limited amount available. When it's gone it's gone!
Vibrant ruby in color. Expressive aromas of violets, currants, red and black fruits, blackberry and vanilla on the nose. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied and generous with rich fruit and a creamy mouth filling texture. Red and black currants, crème de cassis and blackberries persist on this fresh and thirst-quenching red.
JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "This is very structured for this appellation with steely tannins and a generosity of plum and currant fruit. Full-bodied, round and savory. Flavorful finish. Drink or hold but better in 2020."
- Item #: i_351701Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 91 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 91 POINTS - "This wine has weight and rich fruit. It also offers the tannins and structure associated with Saint-Estèphe, which balance the generous potential of the blackberry flavors. Half-and-half Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, the wine needs to age. Drink from 2025."
- Item #: i_350004Bottle Size: 750ml"Opaque ruby. Deep-pitched black and blue fruit, floral pastille, olive and smoky mineral character on the nose. Sweet, spicy and penetrating on the palate, offering juicy blueberry and cherry cola flavors underscored by a peppery quality that adds back-end spiciness and cut. Youthfully firm tannins add shape to the finish, which hangs on with impressive, dark-berry-driven tenacity." VINOUS
- Item #: i_351379Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96ROBERT PARKER 96 POINTS: “The 2015 Chateauneuf du Pape Urgonien is a blend of 80% Grenache and 20% Mourvèdre, from 1.14 hectares planted on limestone-based soils. Rose petals and cherries fill the nose, while the full-bodied palate delivers fresh fruit, hints of dried spices—allspice, clove, anise—and a rich, supple texture. Although it weighs in at 15.2% alcohol, it doesn't show any warmth on the palate or finish. Bravo!”
- Item #: i_169281Bottle Size: 750MLVida de San Luis del Rio is another exquisite demonstration of Mezcal brought to us Del Maguey. Brand new to the US Vida is made from organic agave in a manner that extols the peoples of the mountains, the plains and the fertile valleys of this magical region we know as Oaxaca. Vida leads with smoky aromas of pear, blossoms, lychee, honey, vanilla and roasted agave that are sumptuous and clean. The flavors follow suit and grow to include ginger, mandarin, cinnamon, laurel and plantain buttressed by delicate smoke. The finish fades with citrus, minerals and sandalwood; this mezcal is nonpareil. Have it neat— in a copita, or mixed in an adventurously delectable cocktail.
- Item #: i_322058Bottle Size: 1LLight-bodied, crisp, and dry. Lemon and flowers on the nose precede a palate of creamy fruit and notes of pepper, ripe pears, and gooseberry. The finish is citrusy and stony with just enough fruit balanced with bright acids. At 12.5% alcohol, Der Pollerhof organic Grüner is a session quaffer, pure and simple. Like something found at a Heuriger (Austrian wine tavern).
- Item #: i_377551Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS-"There's power to this graceful Champagne, with the vivid acidity swathed in a fine, creamy mousse and flavors of toasted brioche, kumquat, pastry cream, candied ginger and poached plum that dance across the palate. An underpinning of smoky mineral gains momentum on the lasting finish. Drink now through 2033."
ANTONIO GALLONI 98+ POINTS-"The 2008 Dom Pérignon is fabulous, but quite remarkably, it was even more open when I tasted it a year ago. Bright, focused and crystalline in its precision, the 2008 is going to need a number of years before it is at its best. Lemon peel, white flowers, mint and white pepper give the 2008 its chiseled, bright profile. Several recent bottles have all been magnificent. What I admire most about the 2008 is the way it shows all the focus, translucence and energy that is such a signature of the year, and yet it is also remarkably deep and vertical. In other words, the 2008 is a Champagne that plays in three dimensions."
- Item #: i_383606Bottle Size: 750mlIt is a wine of bright yellow with green shades. In the nose it presents aromas of tropical fruits with citrus and floral notes. Concentrated notes of peach and green apple with a hint of mild spices are perceived in the mouth. The end is clean with a fresh acidity. It is ideal to drink as an aperitif and with seafood, fish and goat cheese.
- Item #: i_351321Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Laroche is involved in a large-scale approach of sustainability that implies an environment-friendly viticulture. Let us explain further. It all relies on taking the relationship between vine, soil, climate and environment into account. We therefore observe that if plants are well-balanced, we can reduce treatments significantly, as they can naturally fight against pests and diseases.
We have our own specifications relying on a few simple principles: no weed killers, no pesticides, no anti-botrytis treatments. Those must help vine and not disturb their general balance or the ripening of grapes. We experiment natural treatments using nettle and valerian and it looks very efficient.” VINOUS - "Aromas of lemon, lime, dusty brown spices, quinine and musky minerality; following the more exotic 2013s, it was immediately clear that this wine was from a different vintage. Juicy, limey and bracing; a classic village Chablis with terrific energy and tautness--and no bitterness. Very pure."
- Item #: i_328160Bottle Size: 750MLA full, dry white port with a superb balance of ripe fruit extract, delicate acidity and elegant notes of wood aging; finishing with an attractive, refreshing crispness.
Food Pairings Fruits & Nuts Walnuts, Plums Desserts Bread Pudding, Cakes, Chocolate Cake, Chocolate, Pecan Pie
- Item #: i_376983Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90JAMES SUCKLING 99 POINTS - "Extremely complex aromas that show the classic Graham character of black-fruit marmalade and burnt oranges. Follows through to a full body with great grip at the finish. Lightly sweet. Chewy and powerful. Such a focus at the end."
WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS-"The 2016 Vintage Port is a blend of 37% Touriga Nacional, 42% Touriga Franca and various others. It comes in with 115 grams of residual sugar. A bit bigger than Dow's this year, this is more intense as well. The better wine of these two benchmarks seems to be this Graham's. Tight on the finish, aromatic and very flavorful, this actually opens rather well and shows off its lovely fruit. The Dow's will be approachable a bit earlier, perhaps, and this may reward aging even more. As always, Graham's is wonderfully delicious. That's one hallmark of the house. I'm not sure this is a truly great Graham's, but at the moment, it is enticing, with plenty of potential for improvement. There were 6,325 cases produced, plus some bottles in other formats."
OTHER SCORES: WS 98 POINTS, WE 97 POINTS & DECANTER 98 POINTS