Catalog Advanced Search
63 items were found using the following search criteria
- Monthly Specials: Yes
- Item #: i_372514Bottle Size: 750mlThis incredible white is composed of 90% Assyrtiko, 7% Aidani and 3% Athiri grown in vineyards located adjacent to the villages of Pyrgos and Megalochori, Santorini. The vines are ungrafted, dry-farmed and over 80 years old. The microclimate in Santorini is characterized as semi-desert, hot during the day and cooler at night. The vineyards benefit from the sea air and humidity. On the nose you find aromas of lemon-lime zest and pure volcanic earth. Chalky saline notes and crisp minerality in the mouth lead to a long finish.
- Item #: i_374789Bottle Size: 750MLWinemaker's Notes The grapes are hand picked. The whole cluster grapes are directly pressed in a pneumatic press with a long and soft pressing, hence the coral/ light pink salmon color. Cremant Rosé is made by the Champagne Methode. The second fermentation takes place in the bottle. Afterwards it stays on its lees for 9 months follow by the remuage and disgorging.
- Item #: i_109619Bottle Size: 750MLA masterpiece in every way... Beluga's composition is unique: not only is their malt alcohol of the most exquisite quality, and pearly artesian water, but also the diligent handiwork of past masters with their care for every detail. Not just a vodka, but an attitude towards life - one in which everything matters, everything has its place, and every deed has its special meaning. Beluga vodka is manufactured in an environmentally pure and untouched corner of Siberia, 300 km from the nearest settlement. Beluga undergoes the processes of filtration quartz sand post-filtration and maturating for a 3-month period. Calmed and rested at every stage, Beluga is saturated with irreproachable taste.
- Item #: i_306004Bottle Size: 1LYes, folks, this wine comes in a (1.0) liter bottle, which means you get to have more fun! Representing the fresh, crisp and refreshingly tangy side of Grüner Veltliner in the perennially-popular liter format, this is the bottling that Terry Theise calls the class of the [liter] category. Dry, crisp, and impeccably clean, this wine delivers delicious flavors of white flowers, pepper, and pink grapefruit, underscoredby an attractive leesiness - quintessential value Gruner Veltliner. Bottled under a crown cap; you'll need a bottle opener, not a corkscrew.
- Item #: i_302506Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ADVOCATE - "Bisol’s NV Prosecco Jeio reveals notable freshness, vibrancy and crispness in its green apples, flowers and sweet spices. There is terrific energy and harmony here, but like most Proseccos, the wine is best enjoyed in its exuberant youth."
- Item #: i_208150Bottle Size: 750MLCambria's Chardonnay has been a constant favorite with consumers across the country. It is an enticing wine with good depth and range of flavors, remarkable balance, and savory finish. Cambria has carved out a reputation for producing lush, tropical Chardonnay for 20 years. This has also been a darling of wine critic Robert Parker for its excellent quality-to-price ratio.
- Item #: i_346032Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 91James Suckling: 92Wine Enthusiast: 91 PointsJAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS: - "Very pretty aromas of perfume, currants and orange peel follow through to a full body, round and chewy tannins and a flavorful finish. Solid and structured. Give it two years to soften. Better in 2020."
WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS: "Offers an enticing core of plum, black currant and raspberry paste flavors that are mixed with light charcoal, licorice and singed alder notes. This has energy to match its range through the finish. Merlot and Cabernet Franc. Best from 2019 through 2025. 9,600 cases made."
WINE ENTHUSIAST 91 POINTS: "This is a ripe, lightly toasty wine, rich with blackberry flavors and showing considerable weight. It offers a touch of licorice, a firm core and the potential to age. This is the first vintage under the Jean-Claude Labrune family for this 130-acre organic Fronsac estate."
- Item #: i_353312Bottle Size: 750mlThis is a charming, rich, focused and delightful white. Medium-bodied with a smooth texture, the wine has a fresh backbone of acidity, clean apple and citrus flavors, and an excellent balance. A most refreshing quaff and one that is great value. A delicate, expressive wine of exceptional quality. The grapes from this wine are grown from the Puligny-Montrachet area. (either outside of the AOC limit or with younger vines). The grapes from this wine are grown from the Puligny-Montrachet area. (either outside of the AOC limit or with younger vines). Aged 10 months in oak barrels (10% new, the rest in 2-3 year old barrels).
- Item #: i_211820Bottle Size: 750mlClos Du Val, French for "small vineyard estate of a small valley," was founded in 1972 in the renowned Stags Leap District. The winery was first recognized for its Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon at the famed Judgment of Paris in 1976, establishing its place as one of Napa Valley's most iconic winery estates. Still family-owned today, Clos Du Val farms 350 acres of estate vineyards in the Stags Leap District, Carneros and Yountville appellations and continues to craft wines of balance and complexity, showcasing the fruit from the outstanding terroir on which their estate lies.
Clos du Val has recently moved to all estate fruit; this is tremendously important! They have phenomenal vineyard holdings throughout Napa and are no longer buying fruit. Production has now been cut in half, and the winery has undergone a complete transformation, from the vineyard to the winery to the distribution. Quality is the number one priority and it shows in the finished wines. Clos du Val also has new winemakers; Ted Henry (previously at Jarvis) and consulting winemaker Tony Biagi (Hourglass, Patria, Amici; previously - Plumpjack, Cade, Odette).
ANTONIO GALLONI 91 POINTS - "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate is a gorgeous entry-level wine from Clos du Val. Dark, inky and voluptuous in the glass, but with plenty of structural underpinning, the 2015 is super-expressive today. The tannins are going to need at least a year or two to soften, but all the elements are nicely balanced throughout. A rush of dark cherry, plum, lavender, spice and menthol build in this attractive, mid-weight Cabernet Sauvignon from Clos du Val. Fruit sources are the estate vineyard in Stags Leap and State Lane in Yountville."
- Item #: i_378467Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2017 Com Tu is a Garnacha from La Figuera, from white and red soils (with some more clay). It matured in old 4,000- and 5,000-liter oak vats for one year, a shorter élevage, as it's a lighter year. The fruit is a little riper, and the wine is juicy and has the austere tannins of the limestone soils. It reminds me of a Garnacha from Châteauneuf."
This is René Barbier of Clos Mogador's new project. This wine has been created by René Barbier senior, Anderson his adopted son from Haiti and Rene junior, his son. In search of a "little brother" for their flagship wine of Montsant, Espectacle ( retails for over $120) , it is in the village of La Figuera that René Barbier discovered this plot called "Mirarmar". Located a few hundred metres from Espectacle, the Barbiers worked together to market 2015 as the first vintage.
This is a very limited production with an allocation of 500 ( 6 packs) to the US.
- Item #: i_321809Bottle Size: 750mlPale yellow color with golden hues. A good release of tiny bubbles rising in trains to form a cheerful crown of mousse. This Cava displays fruit notes and typical nuances of aging in bottle. There is fresh acidity for balance, with a creamy texture and lingering finish On arrival at the winery, grapes are sorted by varietal and quality in preparation for a gentle crush by pneumatic press. Normal fermentation for the must base wine occurs at a constant temperature below 19°C. After fermentation, the must is bottled and placed in the cellar for the second fermentation, bottle aging and riddling by a gyropalette. In the traditional champagne method, at the completion of the riddling process the neck of each bottle is frozen and prepared for disgorgement and then recorked with a natural wood cork and wire cage.
- Item #: i_378190Bottle Size: 750MLJames Suckling: 94JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "Impressive richness and depth from the outset here. The nose has rich dark-plum, chocolate and earth aromas with such poise and richness. The palate is full-bodied with saturated plums and blackberries. Long, ribbony tannins."
WINERY NOTES - "Small batches of grapes are gently crushed and then transferred to five tonne headed down open fermenters. These batches remain separate until final blending. Foot treading is undertaken two thirds of the way through fermentation. The wine is then basket pressed and transferred to a mixture of new and used French and old American oak barriques to complete fermentation. The barrel ferments are aged on lees, there is no racking until final blending and no fining or filtration.
Dead Arm is a vine disease caused by the fungus Eutypa Lata that randomly affects vineyards all over the world. Often affected vines are severely pruned or replanted. One half, or an 'arm' of the vine slowly becomes reduced to dead wood. That side may be lifeless and brittle, but the grapes on the other side, while low yielding, display amazing intensity. "
- Item #: i_382545Bottle Size: 750mlPRACTICING ORGANIC FARMING
Here’s an exciting new producer from one of the most wild wine regions on earth, the Canary Islands! It’s an old vine red made from Listan Negro, one of the historic mission grapes carried by the Spanish colonists, grown up high on the windswept volcanic hillsides of Tenerife (an island closer to Africa than Spain). This charming Listan Negro starts with delicate floral notes, red pepper spice, flinty/stony mineral and blueberry before layers of plum, fig, chalk dust and lavender unfold lithely on the palate along with a certain medicinal iodine character, and an earthy rustic element that recalls the volcanic soils. This is not really like any other wine region and the wines are always unique, in some ways you see a similar quality to that of Mount Etna on Sicily, if you had to compare, but in many ways it would be unfair to do so, these are really soulful terroir wines in their own right.
A classic minimal-interventionist style, from the ageing in old Burgundy barrels, minimal use of sulfur dioxide, and unfiltered/unfined.
- Item #: i_344228Bottle Size: 750ML"From the prettiest village on the Mediterranean comes one of the finest of our roses. The Cassis Rose gives expression to the intense minerality that comes from the white stone cliffs that provide background to these vineyards; but there is also a gracious and silky texture that makes this most satisfying and the perfect accompaniment to grilled fish freshly caught. A blend of 40% Cinsault, 35% Grenache and 25% Mourvedre. A brilliant companion to the compelling white from this estate that also demands your attention." MADROSE.COM
- Item #: i_378920Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Aromatic pastry dough, crème de cassis, apple blossom and graphite notes are well-meshed in this elegant Champagne. The delicate mousse swathes the finely wrought acidic frame in a creamy texture, carrying accents of chalky mineral and lemon pith on the lingering finish."
- Item #: i_347642Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 91WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "Chalky on the nose, this clean-cut Champagne is creamy in texture and elegant, offering a subtle mesh of biscuit, green pear, ground ginger and lemon zest notes. A fine aperitif, with a racy finish."
Breaking with convention Grand Cordon has no front label : The G.H. Mumm signature and eagle emblem are printed in gold directly on the glass. Another striking feature of the design is its shape, which necessitated a whole series of innovations to the traditional champagne production process.
The most eye-catching feature of the Mumm Grand Cordon bottle is its reinterpretation of the famous Cordon Rouge red sash, transformed into a genuine red ribbon, which – in a feat of technology – is actually indented in the glass.
- Item #: i_379357Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90JAMES SUCKLING 97 POINTS-"Wow! Amazing aromas of crushed blackberry and blueberry, stems and rose petal. Entrancing. Full-bodied, very tight and powerful with ultra-fine tannins. Intense richness of crushed berries, chocolate, hazelnut and coffee. 5,250 cases. Try after 2026."
- Item #: i_166281Bottle Size: 750MLFranceIn the Anjou region of France, the essence of Anjou pears is artistically blended by the Maitre de Chai with the world?s finest vodka to create Grey Goose La Poire Flavored Vodka. Originating from France, the Beurre d?Anjou, or Anjou pear, is prized for its clean sweetness and mellow flavor. Once ripened, the Anjou pear is subtly sweet and notably smooth. Both sophisticated and unique, the taste of Grey Goose La Poire is a fitting compliment for a variety of cuisines and cocktails including the signature Peartini.
- Item #: i_163701Bottle Size: 750MLFranceGrey Goose Le Citron is distilled from a selection of choice grains blended with a distillate of fresh lemons and water from the Gene Springs that is naturally filtered through champagne limestone. Grey Goose Le Citron is the world's best tasting vodka flavored with a refreshing zest of lemon.
- Item #: i_162857Bottle Size: 750MLFranceGrey Goose Vodka L'Orange is the best tasting vodka in the world with a whisper of orange. Made in Cognac, France, L'Orange is created in a five-step distillation process that begins in copper-pot stills and ends with an infusion of the essence of succulent oranges. It is light, crisp and delicious.
- Item #: i_352758Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93 PointsDecanter: 93 PointsDECANTER 93 POINTS - "They have managed to get the Haut de Smith signature in this wine, and for me it is one of the most successful whites of the vintage in terms of accessibility and affordability. It has so much personality, showing grilled apricots and concentrated, rich citrus, with rosemary and sage edging and a mineral lick on the finish. The acidity gives persistency and lift, but it feels tame and under control. Harvested 24 August to 9 September, so at least 10 days earlier than usual. 50% new oak. An obvious buy for the vintage."
- Item #: i_365528Bottle Size: 200MLKikusui Funaguchi is aged at low temperatures for one year. Being a Nama Sake the enzymes are still active and over the course of a year they allow Aged Funaguchi to acquire a heavier mouthier feel and rich, generous character. Being a Genshu, this sake is undiluted.
Technical notes: Alcohol Contents : 19%
Milling Rate : 55%
Enjoy this sippable, potent portable delicious Sake with foods such as: Unagi, Braised Pork, and other rich foods.
- Item #: i_365550Bottle Size: 720mlSMV: +1.0
Acidity: 1.7 Brewery: Kikusui Shuzo - Niigata Seimaibuai: 55% Rice Type: Gohyakumangoku Classification: Junmai Ginjo Prefecture: Niigata Alcohol: 15.0% This sake is a light and breezy delight. Easy to drink and mild, this is a beautifully crafted signature sake of the Niigata region. With a soft texture and a light fruity aroma, I enjoy this sake all throughout the year. delicious.
- Item #: i_352592Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 90Burghound: 90WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "Firm and smoky, offering flavors of candied cherry, bread dough, lemon zest and toasted raisin bread, with a lively bead. Moderate finish."
INTERNATIONAL WINE CELLAR 90 POINTS - " "Light yellow-gold. Meyer lemon and pear skin aromas are complemented by notes of chalky minerals, quinine and brioche. Chewy and dry on entry, then fleshier and smoother in the mid-palate, offering densely packed orchard fruit flavors and a hint of bitter citrus pith. Closes with firm grip and very good, mineral-driven persistence, leaving a toasty, smoky note behind. Here's an NV bottling that deserves cellaring."
Lanson Black Label Brut NV
91 Points Wine Spectator (November 15th 2017)
- Item #: i_352590Bottle Size: 750mlLanson was one of the first brands to offer Rosé Champagne. In this respect, the House has over 50 years experience. Rosé derives its pink tint from the blending of the 3 classic grape varieties, Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier and Chardonnay. It is produced in the traditional way with a small amount of fine red wine made exclusively from Pinot Noir to give the wine its colour. This Lanson is composed of 50% Pinot Noir, 35% Chardonnay and 15% Meunier, with 7% Bouzy red added for color. Like all of Lanson's Champagnes, this Rose is fermented in stainless steel without malolactic fermenatation. The result is a lively pale pink Champagne that displays subtle berry flavors accented with hints of toast and nougat.
- Item #: i_116730Bottle Size: 750MLThe original Laphroaig is distilled the same way today as it was when Ian Hunter invented it over 75 years ago. In making Laphroaig, malted barley is dried over a peat fire. The smoke from this peat, found only on Islay, gives Laphroaig its particularly rich flavor. Those enjoying the 10 Year Old will first notice the bold, smoky taste, followed by a hint of seaweed and a surprising sweetness. This full-bodied variant is the foundation of all Laphroaig expressions and comes with a long finish.
- Item #: i_105549Bottle Size: 750mlFollowing distillation, Laphroaig Select Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky is matured in five different types of casks: Oloroso sherry, white American oak, Pedro Ximenez, quarter-sized and first fill bourbon. After the whisky has been matured, it is finished in virgin American oak casks, a type of wood rarely used in the Scotch whisky industry. During its time in virgin American oak, the whisky is rested in the highest, warmest reaches of Laphroaig's warehouse, which increases the exposure of the whisky to the wood.
As a result, Laphroaig Select Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky has an aroma of peat, lemon, herbs, green apples and mint. Notes of baking spices, citrus, honey, oak and caramel are complemented by bold notes of smoke, and lead to a finish accented by touches of salty brine and rich fruits.
- Item #: i_379541Bottle Size: 187mlWINERY NOTES-"LØVO appears soft yellow with lime green hues and fine bubbles that produce understated aromas of green apple and peach with floral notes. It has a soft, but fresh, acidity on the mouth and the hint of fruit is delightfully pleasurable for those who enjoy exotic fruit on the palate.
- Item #: i_374517Bottle Size: 750MLLucien Albrecht, Jean's father, pioneered Crémant production in 1971 and helped gain an Appellation Contrôlêe for the wine and for Alsace. The wines vinified by the classic Champagne Method from 100% free run juice, are the best sparkling wines in France outside of Champagne itself. Recently Maison Lucien Albrecht was awarded four gold medals at a comprehensive National I.N.A.O. tasting of all sparkling wines in France, giving the firm more gold medals than any other Crémant producer in France. This Blanc de Blancs is made from 100% Pinot Blanc. The Blanc de Blancs is distinguished by a fine and elegant bead, a beautiful straw color; a light, delicate palate. It is delicious at any time of the day and with many foods.
WINE ENTHUSIAST 90 POINTS - "Albrecht obviously has a skill in sparkling wines, because this, like its partner rose, is skillfully made, full of fruit and richness."
- Item #: i_376338Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ENTHUSIAST 88 POINTS-"Clean, stylish and easy to like, this has apple and green herb aromas. It shows a good weight and mouth feel, with papaya, thyme and baked apple flavors. Medium long and smooth on the finish, this is a commendable value priced bubbly."
- Item #: i_374534Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 88 POINTS-"The Mas Fi Brut Rose comes from 30-year-old [Trepat] vines and likewise undergoes 15 months lees-aging. It offers a more fruit-driven bouquet with strawberry and candied orange peel. The palate is full in the mouth with lively red cherry and lemon peel that lead to a very assured, harmonious finish that is less angular and more caressing than its peers. Drink now."
- Item #: i_305612Bottle Size: EACHJames Suckling: 95JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS - "This has a riper-fruit nose with rich plums and hints of chocolate, as well as graphite and cedary nuances. The palate has ample ripe cherries and plums with a fine, lithe tannin shape that delivers plenty of plum and cassis flavor. Drink or hold."
- Item #: i_320484Bottle Size: 750mlVintage 2018 is a much heralded year in German Riesling. This modest but exceptional Estate Riesling from Monchhof is no slouch with ample ripe fruit, orange blossoms on the nose and a mild sweetness. It its delicious! This off-dry white greets you with a bouquet of concentrated notes of lemon peel and zest, serious freshness, apples, peach, grapefruit, kaffir lime and hints of white flowers with warm minerality emanating from the bowl of the glass. On the palate: The wine is expansive with lovely delineated white fruit spritz, crushed pear skins, more lemon drops and rind, clean bright citrus character and hints of green melon, Rainier cherries and chalky minerals. The midpalate is soft and balanced and the feeling of harmony between acidity and fruit is constant through the bright rounded finish with a little tangy zest of lime at the end. Great mouth-feel and pure sippable pleasure!
- Item #: i_302131Bottle Size: 750mlGAMBERO ROSSO ITALIAN WINES 2020 "TRE BICCHIERI" AWARD
The Ruche Laccento is a perennial customer and staff favorite that sings of Spring with brimfuls of fruits and florals, charm and immediacy. While this is certainly a bizarre time with all that's going on, we like to look for little refuges of normalcy, things that remind us of less chaotic climes. Enter Montalbera Ruche Laccento! Enjoy this one now from the safety and comfort of home and stay safe!
Ruche (roo kay) is an Italian red wine variety from Piedmont that is largely used in making Ruche di Castagnole Monferrato, a small denomination of production that was elevated to DOCG status in 2011. It's been grown in the area for at least one hundred years but has only recently been marketed and consumed outside of Piedmont.
The sheer quantity of fruit and floral notes in the bouquet is magnificent. This Ruche' is one of the most intensely luscious and majestically luxuriant wines produced in Italy today. Ripe red fruit with notes of cocoa, lavender, soft berry, and a long, silky, embracing finish. A wine that once encountered will always be remembered passionately.
Italian wine critic, Luca Maroni, reviews wines according to his own sensorial system, which records the overall pleasure and drinkability of a wine. He's a big fan of Montalbera's Ruche', regularly placing it among his favorite wines of Italy.
May be served with a slight chill.
- Item #: i_373441Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93James Suckling: 93Wine Enthusiast: 93 PointsWINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "An elegant Champagne that offers flavors of poached pear, candied kumquat and dried cherry on a delicate mousse. Well-cut, with a lingering, mineral-tinged finish. Drink now through 2026."
JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "Some charming reductive toastiness on the nose ahead of ripe peach stone fruits and lemon citrus, as well as biscuity spices and grilled almonds. The palate carries plenty of yellow peach and lemon citrus fruit flavors. Acidity sits inside fleshy smooth fruit creating handy length and balance."
WINE ENTHUSIAST 93 POINTS - "The prestige cuvée from this producer, this has richness and a dense texture that brings out the ripe fruits. From a good, if not great, vintage, it is beautifully balanced, still young to taste and likely to age well. Drink now for the fruit or wait until 2018 for more maturity."
- Item #: i_248700Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93+ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96+ POINTS - "Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Mercury Head (aged for 15 months in oak, 51% new) delivers classic notes of warm cassis, plum preserves and mulberries with hints of cigar box, dried bay leaves, pencil lead and truffles. The full-bodied, densely packed, full-throttle palate has a solid structure of firm tannins and oodles for freshness supporting the muscular black fruits, finishing long and savory. 10,840 cases were made."
- Item #: i_248450Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Cabernet Franc aged for 10 months in 35% new French oak, Palermo is a portrayal of the patchwork of vineyards across the Napa Valley region. With fruit sourced fro the warmer Calistoga and St. helena AVAs down to the cooler AVAs of Coombsville and Oak Knoll, across to the unique microclimates of Pope Valley and Atlas peak, and finally to the famous soils of Rutherford and Oakville, this truly is the Napa Valley in a bottle.
A dark garnet hue sits in the glass with immediate aromas of ripe cassis and blackberry. Hints of cocoa, new oak and fir complement the juicy fruit melange. A full-bodied entry is succeeded by a mid-palate of dark fruits and a smooth, integrated minerality. The tannins are well developed, allowing the wine to finish with length.
- Item #: i_248400Bottle Size: 750mlPetite Sirah is a revered grape varietal at Orin Swift. Since 2000, it has been made and utilized primarily as a blending component due to scarcity. Unlike its celebrated relative Syrah, Petite Sirah can be a challenge to source. Yet, it has always been an objective to showcase the varietal in a dynamic blend and a pursuit was launched to find some prized petite vineyards. The realization of this goal came in 2009 with the first release of Machete. Spurred by a favorable reaction, Orin Swift continued their hunt to include additional blocks in an effort to make the wine even better. Prominent regions throughout Northern California comprise this matrix, which provides for added layers of depth and structure. The results of which is a wine with attitude to complement the twelve individual labels.
A blend of Petite Sirah, Grenache, and Syrah, violet ink in the glass, a nose of black plums, cassis, and cacao engage. The robust entry consists of a progressing palate of blackberry and boysenberry compote, a reduction of dark plum and ripe figs, and pure Amarena cherry. Flashes of vanilla and traces of minerality evolve into chalky tannins and a smooth lingering finish.
- Item #: i_248550Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot, Malbec, and Merlot, powerful aromatics escape the glass with rich notes of ripe blackcurrant, blackberry, peppercorn and a touch of chaparral supported by a frame of sweet oak. Intensely layered and decadent on entry, the wine exudes characteristics of black plum, boysenberry, kirsch and dark chocolate with a silky soft yet weighty texture. A prolonged finish of Provencal lavender, fig leaf and ripe currants close out the wine.
- Item #: i_248220Bottle Size: 750mlAn opaque core with a red amethyst rim, the wine opens with ripe raspberry and blackberry, dark plum preserves and hints of black pepper and clove. An entry of heft, the palate is packed with blueberry and sweet black cherry along with touch of fresh herbs—thyme, savory and tarragon. Long on the finish, the ripe tannins, a dash of ash, and notes of black tea round out the wine.
- Item #: i_248070Bottle Size: 750MLOrin Swift considers this wine to be the culmination of a thirteen-year process. From 2000-2012 Dave Phinney spent countless hours in the vineyards and in blending trials working to perfect The Prisoner. He has taken all that knowledge, both the trials and tribulations, and diligently applied it to Abstract. With The Prisoner chapter of winemaking behind him, orin Swift feels as if a natural progression has been made and an evolution has occurred. Orin Swift's ongoing pursuit of choice vineyards throughout California resulted in some extraordinary Grenache, along with exquisite Petit Sirah, and Syrah that was assembled together into an artful collage both in and outside of the bottle.
Aromatics with gravity, the wine pulls you in with notes of blueberry, black fig, bloodied strawberry and hints of musk and rhubarb. Bold on the entry, the palate exudes rich notes of dark plum and ripe framboise with a slightly chalky texture. The wine transitions effortlessly to a finish of black cherry, sweet licorice and some quick drying tannins.
- Item #: i_350362Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Pascal Jolivet. Terroir: Situated 125 miles south of Paris, the Sancerre landscape undulates at an altitude between 650 and 1,300 feet. The Loire River on the Eastern side of the hilly environment creates a relatively temperate microclimate for the wines. Pascal Jolivet Sancerre Blanc is sourced from three vineyards in the heart of the appellation.
Pale and vibrant in color. The Pascal Jolivet Sancerre is fresh, clean and screaming with racy acidity. On the palate it is fresh and tightly wound; acidity is tempered by very subtle residual sugar; very clean; alive, racy, youthful. Overall, a dry and elegant wine.
- Item #: i_249865Bottle Size: 750MLThis wine embodies the rich diversity of world-class vineyards in the acclaimed Sonoma Coast appellation, and the talents of the gifted winegrowers who farm these sites. Combining fruit from a "who's who" of the appellation's most renowned vineyards, this cuvee includes Sanchietti Vineyard, Gap's Crown Vineyard, Zio Tony Ranch, Dutton Ranch, and Durrell Vineyard. On the nose, aromas of dried orange peel, roasted almond, lemon sugar cookie and green apple are nicely supported by spicy French oak shadings. The mouthfeel is crisp and juicy with cascading, mouthwatering flavors of spicy pear, lime zest, yeast and toffee. The finish is long and focused by crisp acidity leading to lingering flavors that keep pumping.
- Item #: i_301020Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 95 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 95 POINTS; CELLAR SELECTION - "Raspberry compote, truffle, camphor and leather aromas lead the nose along with a hint of hazelnut. The palate is focused and youthfully assertive, showing red cherry, rhubarb, game, clove and wild mint alongside tight, fine-grained tannins and firm acidity. Give it time to fully unwind and develop. Drink 2026–2036."
From the Colla family who formerly owned the iconic Prunotto estate, this Nebbiolo comes from the Roncaglie vineyard. It undergoes a conventional fermentation period of 12-15 days, followed by 12-14 months of oak ageing.
- Item #: i_354430Bottle Size: 750MLThis is a classic blend of 35% Chardonnay, 35% Pinot Noir and 30% Pinot Meunier that is fashioned in a light, frothy style. Its nose has a wonderful bready quality with just a hint of toastiness from the cuvee's reserve stocks. The palate offers an appealing play of peach and pear flavors that are nicely elaborated with nougat and soft citrus tones. In keeping with Pommery's house style, the finish is on the dry end of the Brut range but is not sharp or overtly austere. This then is a Champagne of considerable delicacy and nuance that should appeal to both Champagne novices and aficionados alike.
- Item #: i_372578Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS "Complex and aromatic, with spice, fresh earth, cream soda and black walnut flavors that are rich and polished, giving way to succulent plum and cassis elements. Black pepper and Earl Grey tea grace notes linger effortlessly on the finish. Drink now through 2029. 1,500 cases made, 500 cases imported. — MW"
WINE ENTHUSIAST 90 POINTS "This historic Hunter Valley winery [Tyrrell's] also owns vineyards further afield, and this Shiraz is from Heathcote in Central Victoria, though it still wears the Tyrrell's crown. After a little swirling in the glass, it unveils aromas of plump blueberry, plum, mocha, licorice and florals. Medium to full bodied, it offers an intricate play between texture and acidity, juicy fruit and taut, sandy tannins, hinting at stony minerality. There's an old-fashioned feel about this wine. It's comfortable in its own skin and doesn't try too hard to be modern. Christina Pickard"
Established in 1858 by English immigrant Edward Tyrrell, Tyrrell’s Wines is one of Australia’s pre-eminent family owned wine companies. 1864 was their first vintage. They now have vineyards extending from their historic home in the Hunter Valley NSW (near Sydney) to their Heathcote vineyards in Victoria (north of Melbourne. Headed up by fourth generation family member Bruce Tyrrell, Tyrrell's is home to some of Australia's most awarded wines. The Rufus Stone Shiraz is named for the historical marker in England that commemorates the death of King William II, said to be due to an "errant" arrow fired by a Tyrrell.
- Item #: i_376522Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS- " Beautifully balanced and refined in texture, this displays exotic ground spice and floral accents to the flavors of poached white peach, Meyer lemon and candied ginger, with hints of pastry and honey. Offers a lasting, mouthwatering finish. Drink now through 2023. 2,917 cases imported."
- Item #: i_359661Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93JOSH RAYNOLDS 92 POINTS - "(55% Pinot Noir and 45% Chardonnay; 9 g/l dosage; LAH9V): Light orange. Sharply focused red berry and tangerine scents are complicated by suggestions of allspice and cinnamon, with a hint of smokiness in the background. Sappy and minerally on the palate, offering fresh strawberry and blood orange flavors lifted by juicy acidity. Packs a serious punch but carries no excess weight and finishes stony and very long, with echoing red berry character."-Jan 2015
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "There's lovely precision to the integration of this elegant rosé, offering a fine backbone of acidity and a light mousse. The flavors of poached pear, black cherry, fleur de sel, lemon zest and ginger are finely meshed, with a subtle vein of smoky minerality. Drink now through 2023. 2,250 cases imported."
- Item #: i_374827Bottle Size: 750mlDelicate and elegant aroma with fruity scents of ripe apples and flower hints of acacia. Mellow, fine and elegant taste, slightly fruity and juicy. It’s an excellent aperitif and perfectly accompanies legume and shellfish soups, macaroni with delicate meat sauces, fresh cheese and white meat.
- Item #: i_303484Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 95James Suckling: 96WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - "As much savory as fruity, this offers a fine balance between cherry, leather, spice and carob aromas and flavors. Rich yet lively, leaving a mouthwatering impression on the long, saline aftertaste."
JAMES SUCKLING 96 POINTS - "Subtle and complete aromas of cherry, flowers, and orange peel. Full body, round and velvety tannins. So pretty and refined. Polished. A gorgeous wine. Drink or hold."
- Item #: i_378117Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 88WINE ENTHUSIAST 91 POINTS - "This enticing and supple wine starts with aromas of bread dough and toasted almonds. The palate brings flavors of both fresh and baked apple on a plush, softly sparkling texture."
- Item #: i_258370Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 91James Suckling: 91Wine Enthusiast: 93 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 93 POINTS, WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS, JAMES SUCKLING 91 POINTS
This pioneering Napa Valley sparkling wine house has been on quite a tear lately with their rose cuvees and this edition could be our favorite to date. This rose's multi-faceted palate presents a cornucopia of succulent red summer fruits that are just the thing to complement the salt infused flavors of your Easter ham. Robert Parker really flipped for it as the below review suggests.
- Item #: i_372599Bottle Size: 750mlThe Skouras 2018 Salto Moscofilero is an aromatic, dry white with a lively feel and vivid flavor. Sourced from vines at 2000 feet, and fermented with native yeast it is lively, crisp, elegant and has great texture. On the nose you find aromas of citrus blossoms followed by flavors of citrus and white peaches on the palate. It lingers beautifully on the long, very dry finish. Only 500 cases made.
- Item #: i_380471Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2013 Victorino was cropped from a rainy year from 35 hectares of head-pruned, ungrafted, organically farmed 70- to 100-year-old vineyards in the villages of Valdefinjas, Toro and Villabuena del Puente, planted on sandy soils rich in gravel and boulders with a clay subsoil with some limestone veins. They got 14 hectoliters per hectare in 2013 from grapes harvested on October 7, 8 and 11. The destemmed and crushed grapes were foot trodden during the eight days of fermentation with selected yeasts from their own vineyards. The post fermentative maceration lasted 21 days and the wine matured in brand new French barriques for 20 months, where it also underwent malolactic fermentation. During the élevage the wine was racked every four months. This is one of the freshest wines from the collection I tasted, a cuvée with less oak and great freshness, and therefore very good balance. Marcos Eguren agrees that 2013 is a very good and cold vintage in Toro, which resulted in wines that took some time to integrate tannins and acidity, but that have a little less alcohol and very good overall balance. The tannins are fine-grained, firm and fine, giving the wine good nerve. An elegant Toro within the natural power of the zone. The absence of rain in October, which is a constant in the region, could be responsible for the consistency across vintages there. This is the more approachable and drinkable wine from the collection today."
Victorino is darker, smokier and more mineral. Victorino is amazingly open for such a big, structured wine. All that blackberry fruit and richness can't be wrong, can it? But with proper cellaring this is the kind of wine that can go another 15-20 years and still not show you all its secrets. Part of the story here is un-grafted vines. Like most placesin the world, the vineyard-pest phylloxera is in nearly every vineyard in Europe, meaning nearly every vine in Spain (as elsewhere) is grafted for protection. Toro's sandy soils ensure that there are pockets of land where phylloxera cannot live and the vines can be "own-rooted." We've heard a handful of top producers speak reverently about the aromatic complexities of un-grafted vines and perhaps this explains the immediate beauty and "wow" factor of this wine. Then again, it could be the intense hand-de-stemming practices of the Eguren family or the ridiculously low yields of 0.6 tons/acre.
- Item #: i_380541Bottle Size: 750MLComplex, intense, and very fine, with a high concentration of black fruit, very well integrated with notes from its ageing. A great range of spices open out, giving us notes of sweet spices, coffee, chocolate, tobacco, good cedar wood and nice toasted notes. A light balsamic background with a slightly floral touch. This classic red wine is elegant and serious, tasty and fleshy, with a very good balance between the fruit and the wood. On the palate it is smooth and silky. Perfect acidity and powerful, ripe tannins. A long finish, leaving fruity and balsamic sensations.
- Item #: i_378976Bottle Size: 750mlVINCENT COUCHE "ELEGANCE" EXTRA BRUT CHAMPAGNE, FRANCE. 85% Pinot Noir, 15% Chardonnay. (Demeter Certified Biodynamic) Vincent Couche is one of the stars of the grower Champagne movement. Located in the Cotes des Bar, Vincent is also fully Biodynamic, a rarity not just in this region, but in all Champagne. His Champagnes are especially complex due to extended lees aging. Aged five years on the lees and bottled with no dosage, this Champagne is creamy, yeasty and complex, with focused minerality and lots of length. Terrific!
- Item #: i_352046Bottle Size: 750mlVincent and Cosette Pinard’s 15 hectare Domaine extends over steep limestone slopes around Bué. The excessively low yields, hand harvesting and modern winery, complete with temperature-controlled vats, result in enticing, aromatic and intense wines. 100% tank-fermented and aged. As the name suggests this cuvée is very floral. Fine, crisp and very classic, there is plenty of fruit here: lemon, lime and grapefruit zest with a ripe juicy acidity; a strong complex terroir dimension is obvious, too, with its chalky, mineral touches.
- Item #: i_362383Bottle Size: 750mlFascinating blend of Merlot, Syrah and the ancient greek varietal, Pamidi. Dark cherry aromas and flavors; medium to full bodied; long finish.
- Item #: i_376775Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR 98 POINTS & #14 2018 TOP 100 LIST-"Gorgeous, with warm plum reduction and gently steeped raspberry, blackberry and boysenberry fruit flavors forming the core, all inlaid with warm ganache and smoldering tobacco accents. Very plush in feel, but has no lack of energy, as everything sails beautifully through the long finish. A late echo of anise completes the seduction. Best from 2035 through 2055. 3,000 cases made."
JAMES SUCKLING 96 POINTS-Very complex with dried flowers and roses. Full-bodied, very layered and tightly wound. Chewy and powerful. Firm and off-dry. Needs five or six years to soften. Beauty. Try in 2024."