Catalog Advanced Search
45 items were found using the following search criteria
- Monthly Specials: Yes
- Item #: i_353936Bottle Size: 750mlBen and his team carefully guide the vineyard work, for the most part carried out by the owners. Vines are plowed and are at least lutte raisonne´e, while many are organic or biodynamic. When Ben deems necessary, his team carries out green harvest themselves. All vines are harvested by Ben’s team and grapes are sorted at the winery in Beaune. Ben’s cuverie is fitted with state of the art equipment.
- Item #: i_306004Bottle Size: 1LYes, folks, this wine comes in a (1.0) liter bottle, which means you get to have more fun! Representing the fresh, crisp and refreshingly tangy side of Grüner Veltliner in the perennially-popular liter format, this is the bottling that Terry Theise calls the class of the [liter] category. Dry, crisp, and impeccably clean, this wine delivers delicious flavors of white flowers, pepper, and pink grapefruit, underscoredby an attractive leesiness - quintessential value Gruner Veltliner. Bottled under a crown cap; you'll need a bottle opener, not a corkscrew.
- Item #: i_321815Bottle Size: 750mlBisson's dry sparkler is finely balanced, with green apple and floral aromas dominating the complex, heady mix. Chiseled mineral acidity demands a thoughtful pairing with light salads, youthful cheeses and salty, smoked fish. If you enjoy Prosecco, this is essentially what this bottle is as it's made from the Prosecco grape, Glera. However, this is a bone dry rendition of the sparkling wine and very unique for that matter. Sealed with a crown cap and in 2016 this practice no longer allowed for the wine to be labeled as Prosecco all the while listing the grape Glera.
- Item #: i_104800Bottle Size: 750MLCarolans Irish Cream is a unique tasting, high quality Irish cream liqueur. The fact that cream liqueurs originated in Ireland is no coincidence since Ireland has a great tradition in producing fine quality dairy products and distilling spirits. (The oldest whiskey distillery in the world was founded in Ireland in 1608.)It is the marrying of these two traditions with Irish expertise that lies behind the success story of Carolans. Carolans combines Irish spirits and whiskey with rich double cream and derives its superior taste from the subtle blending of flavours, principally honey.It begins with aromas of creamy condensed milk, toasted almond, vanilla, sultanas, heather honey and fragile spice. These evocative scents articulate themselves throughout a lithesome, silky palate entry with a pleasantly sweet delicate body that is surprisingly balanced for being as rich as it is. The finish resolves these flavors in a clean long fade. Having never met an IrishCream I didn?t like, I wholeheartedly recommend this. Have it on ice, in coffee or tea, or in a tasty cocktail.
- Item #: i_313630Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS-"This vibrant version shows a range of toasted brioche, baked cherry, crystalized honey, grated ginger and coconut flavors, remaining light-footed and lively throughout. Beautifully balanced, with a lasting, mouthwatering finish. Disgorged 2014. Drink now through 2020. 5,000 cases imported. (10/16)."
PETER LEIM 2 STARS-"Beginning with this release, chef de cave Thierry Roset has reduced the number of crus that are included in this wine, although the general composition remains the same: one-third of each variety, with about 40 percent of the blend composed of reserve wines that average about ten years of age. As usual, it's generous in aroma, showing a waxy, burnished richness and an unusual complexity and depth for a non-vintage brut. At the same time, it feels lively and vibrant thanks to its fresh acidity, along with a pervasive chalkiness that saturates the wine from start to finish. This is already one of the finest NVs on the market, and if anything, it's only getting better with each new release."
- Item #: i_353895Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Jeb Dunnuck: 94JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "Including more Mourvèdre, the 2018 Côtes du Rhône La Reserve checks in as 75% Grenache and 25% Mourvèdre that was brought up all in demi-muids. Almost opaque ruby, with a blockbuster nose of Bing cherries, black raspberries, flowery incense, toasted spices, and dry-aged beef, this beauty hits the palate with full-bodied richness, a seamless, elegant texture, loads of fruit, and a great finish. The level of purity as well as finesse in this wine, paired with plenty of richness, is something to behold. It way over-delivers for a Côtes du Rhône. In fact, for my money, this is one of the best Côtes du Rhône out there. It’s terrific today yet will evolve nicely for a solid decade. Does Côtes du Rhônes get any better?"
- Item #: i_378467Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2017 Com Tu is a Garnacha from La Figuera, from white and red soils (with some more clay). It matured in old 4,000- and 5,000-liter oak vats for one year, a shorter élevage, as it's a lighter year. The fruit is a little riper, and the wine is juicy and has the austere tannins of the limestone soils. It reminds me of a Garnacha from Châteauneuf."
This is René Barbier of Clos Mogador's new project. This wine has been created by René Barbier senior, Anderson his adopted son from Haiti and Rene junior, his son. In search of a "little brother" for their flagship wine of Montsant, Espectacle ( retails for over $120) , it is in the village of La Figuera that René Barbier discovered this plot called "Mirarmar". Located a few hundred metres from Espectacle, the Barbiers worked together to market 2015 as the first vintage.
This is a very limited production with an allocation of 500 ( 6 packs) to the US.
- Item #: i_380683Bottle Size: 750ML"A Swiss businessman and Napa vintner Donald Hess bought Bodega Colomé in 2001 and immediately set about modernizing the vineyards and winery in the remote Salta region of the Andes, in the north of Argentina. The estate Malbec, a 100 percent varietal bottling, blends fruit from four vineyards ranging from 5,700 to a dizzying 10,200 feet in altitude; the sun exposure at such elevations promotes thicker skins on berries and thus a more concentrated wine. After 15 months of aging in French oak barriques, this wine spent six months in bottle. It's an expression of a daunting terroir at an approachable price." - Kim Marcus, Wine Spectator
- Item #: i_311270Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92James Suckling: 94Decanter: 92Jeb Dunnuck: 92JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS -"This has a very plush, luscious and generously fleshy feel. Cherry compote, raspberries, blackberries and plums. Tarry elements, too. Smooth, velvety, pure and even. Succulence, elegance and clarity. Such value here. Drink or hold."
ROBERT PARKER 92+ POINTS - "The 2016 Cotes du Rhone Coudoulet de Beaucastel was bottled just two weeks before my visit, hence the plus sign attached to its rating. Planted just outside the boundaries of the Châteauneuf-du-Pape appellation, the vines here average 80 years old. Mouthwatering aromas of red fruit and spice lead the way, backed by a full-bodied wine that's creamy and lush but also silky and vibrant. As always, it's one of the best Côtes du Rhône wines from a given vintage... Certainly, the wines are breathtaking at the upper levels, but the Perrin family continues to put effort into the entry-level wines as well, from the Coudelet de Beaucastel, which is always one of the top Côtes du Rhône wines, to the other wines reviewed under the Famille Perrin heading. 92+ points."
- Item #: i_223910Bottle Size: 750mlFrei Brothers' Russian River Valley Chardonnay is a soft and complex reflection of one of Sonoma's most renowned cool-climate regions. This wine displays flavors of green apple, orange zest and apple pie, complemented by notes of butter and toast. The rich, nutty flavors in this Chardonnay lead to a silky finish and a plush mouthfeel.
- Item #: i_100308Bottle Size: 750mlFor a fun dessert treat, let us introduce Fulton's Harvest Pumpkin Pie Cream. It is produced by Heaven Hill, as a seasonally available, limited-edition liqueur. Just look at its name and you can guess how it tastes - yummy. The nose is mild, nutty, pumpkin, spice, brown sugar and cream - predictably enticing. On the palate it is a creamy demonstration of the aromas with flavors of rich vanilla, mild pumpkin, brown sugar and spice. This can be a fun treat: serve it chilled or on ice (in a chocolate shot cup), in coffee/tea or in a variety of cream-based cocktails.
- Item #: i_166281Bottle Size: 750MLFranceIn the Anjou region of France, the essence of Anjou pears is artistically blended by the Maitre de Chai with the world?s finest vodka to create Grey Goose La Poire Flavored Vodka. Originating from France, the Beurre d?Anjou, or Anjou pear, is prized for its clean sweetness and mellow flavor. Once ripened, the Anjou pear is subtly sweet and notably smooth. Both sophisticated and unique, the taste of Grey Goose La Poire is a fitting compliment for a variety of cuisines and cocktails including the signature Peartini.
- Item #: i_367296Bottle Size: 750MLMade from the free run juice of traditional varieties Macabeo, Xarel-lo and Parellada and a touch of Chardonnay, this is the cava of choice of Spain’s royal family and is regularly served at all official banquets. This is not a typical cava. If you are a Champagne fan, you will appreciate the unique richness and notes of white peach and toasted bread; this is a perfect match for paté, cured meats or paella.
- Item #: i_365528Bottle Size: 200MLKikusui Funaguchi is aged at low temperatures for one year. Being a Nama Sake the enzymes are still active and over the course of a year they allow Aged Funaguchi to acquire a heavier mouthier feel and rich, generous character. Being a Genshu, this sake is undiluted.
Technical notes: Alcohol Contents : 19%
Milling Rate : 55%
Enjoy this sippable, potent portable delicious Sake with foods such as: Unagi, Braised Pork, and other rich foods.
- Item #: i_365550Bottle Size: 720mlSMV: +1.0
Acidity: 1.7 Brewery: Kikusui Shuzo - Niigata Seimaibuai: 55% Rice Type: Gohyakumangoku Classification: Junmai Ginjo Prefecture: Niigata Alcohol: 15.0% This sake is a light and breezy delight. Easy to drink and mild, this is a beautifully crafted signature sake of the Niigata region. With a soft texture and a light fruity aroma, I enjoy this sake all throughout the year. delicious.
- Item #: i_375498Bottle Size: 750mlLiesl's red is 100% hand-harvested Pinot Noir from small estate-owned plots, macerated in stainless steel and matured briefly in neutral oak, hand-harvested from small plots with a maximum production capacity of 1,200 9L cases. The wine undergoes a cooler maceration in stainless steel tanks using the pump-over technique for maximum extraction. The wine is then transferred to large oak barrels which help “flesh out” the Pinot Noir without imparting too much “oaky” character to the wine. Liesl then spends several months in bottle before leaving the winery. Aromas of black cherry and dark fruits are accented by cranberry and savory notes. Allspice, cinnamon and clove come through on the mid-palate with the sweet yet savory flavors continuing. A nice acidity frames the wine, with a touch of oak spices and the red and dark fruit aromas and flavors carrying through on the finish.
- Item #: i_377242Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "A blend of 80% Pinot Meunier and 20% Pinot Noir drawn from a solera established in 2003, the latest rendition of Moussé's NV Brut Blanc de Noirs L'Or d'Eugène was disgorged in June 2019 with four grams per liter dosage. Wafting from the glass with a deep and complex bouquet of golden orchard fruit, honeycomb, mirabelle plum, candied peel and fresh pastry, it's medium to full-bodied, satiny and layered, with a rich and sapid core of fruit, lively acids and a delicate pinpoint mousse."
Disgorged 11/18/2019 with a dosage of 4 grams per liter.
IMPORTER'S NOTES - "I’m sure we’ll start referring to this as “Lord Eugene” at some point, we’re such wags. It replaces/updates the old NV (which was called “Noire Reserve); based on 2013 with a perpetual reserve going back to 2003, deg 12/2105, it’s 80% Meunier and 20% PN. The aroma is refined, friendly but not ingratiating; on the palate it’s a superb Blanc de Noirs, diligent, structured, fruity but not gushing, disciplined but not severe. I think and have always thought it’s the ideal for Meunier NV; thoroughly delicious but not an avalanche of chocolate and pumpernickel." —Terry Theise
- Item #: i_348530Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Rich and creamy, showing the dried fruit, nut and spice notes of fruitcake, with lemon meringue, quince and honey flavors. Clean citrusy acidity integrates beautifully and provides an elegance to this refined Champagne. Drink now through 2020."
- Item #: i_248610Bottle Size: 750mlLike the mannequins on the label, many of Orin Swift's Chardonnay vineyards have their own set of unique characteristics - the soil, the rickety old gate, or even the dove hunters in the adjacent field. From the tops of the Stagecoach Vineyard to the cool Sonoma Carneros, Orin Swift lets Chardonnay hang until they turn golden-brown, and after being carefully picked, are barrel fermented in a mix of new and seasoned French oak. No two resulting lots ever smell or taste the same, but when blended together, they create something never seen before - much like the collection of mannequins on the bottle.
Pale gold in the glass, opulent aromatics of Meyer lemon, vanilla creme, and sweet oak are complemented by subtle notes of jasmine, gardenias and caramel. The layered palate is replete with ripe stone fruit, melon, lemon curd and hints of roasted almond, grapefruit pith and white pepper. The finish is long and rich with a tapering young coconut flavor.
- Item #: i_248450Bottle Size: 750mlAged for 12 months in 39% new French oak, the 2018 Palermo shows a dark crimson with a blue band, the nose presents immediate aromas of boysenberry, currants, graphite, cedar, fir ash and vanilla. Seamless on the entry with resounding energy, the mid - palate features lush blackberry and bing cherry as well as a hint of sweet red licorice. Long, complex tannins punctu ate the finish with an elegant and tapering note of black tea.
- Item #: i_248220Bottle Size: 750mlAn opaque core with a red amethyst rim, the wine opens with ripe raspberry and blackberry, dark plum preserves and hints of black pepper and clove. An entry of heft, the palate is packed with blueberry and sweet black cherry along with touch of fresh herbs—thyme, savory and tarragon. Long on the finish, the ripe tannins, a dash of ash, and notes of black tea round out the wine.
- Item #: i_385002Bottle Size: 750mlCERTIFIED ORGANIC
Very fragrant, with the French oak contributing vanilla and sweet spice, and the primary aromas reminiscent of macerated plum, boysenberry and flowers, along with a creamy-savory note from fermentation.
- Item #: i_215570Bottle Size: 750mlThe French word collines means "hills," and it aptly describes the Carneros landscape in the southern reaches of Napa Valley, where gentle rolling hills surround our estate vineyard. Deep, heavy clay loam soils, combined with the marine influences of the nearby San Pablo Bay and Pacific Ocean, give Chardonnay wines from this region a distinctive balance of fruit and acidity.
Tension between richness and acidity. Lemon zest and bright apple aromas give lift to mango, white peach, and toast. The palate follows with lemon curd, white peach, Bartlett pear, and hints of graham cracker and nutmeg. This wine is round, silky, and viscous, showing good weight with zesty acidity that carries freshness and provides added dimension. Enjoyably broad and expansive on the palate with a long, lemony finish.
- Item #: i_251620Bottle Size: 750MLA blend of 70% Chardonnay, 20% Pinot Noir, 3% Pinot Blanc, 7% Aged Reserve Blend all sourced from Sonoma County.
WINERY NOTES-"...our Brut is dry and fresh, with a long elegant finish, possessing crisp citrus flavors with hints of green apple, mandarin orange and brioche. Delicious on its own or the perfect foundation for memorable mimosas and other classic cocktails such as our signature Sonoma 75. This sparkling wine pairs perfectly with crab cakes, sautéed shrimp or sushi."
- Item #: i_250887Bottle Size: 750MLWINERY NOTES-Primarily composed of Chardonnay [75%] , with some [25%] Pinot Blanc, our Blanc de Blancs has a pale straw color, tiny bubbles and aromas of green apple, citrus and white flowers. The palate is crisp and dry with a long mouthwatering finish. This sparkling wine pairs marvelously with spring rolls, fried calamari or scallops, and makes a wonderfully refreshing addition to cocktails."
- Item #: i_353880Bottle Size: 750MLJOHN GILMAN 91+ POINTS-"The current [2016} release of Pol Roger’s non-vintage Brut “Réserve” is comprised of equal parts Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier and was finished with a dosage of eight grams per liter. The wine ages for a minimum of three years sur latte. The wine delivers a fine bouquet of white peach, apple, distinctive meunier floral tones, brioche, a fine base of soil and a whisper of smokiness in the upper register. On the palate the wine is pure, full-bodied, focused and racy, with a fine core of fruit, refined mousse, lovey bounce and grip and a long, well-balanced and still fairly youthful finish. I have had very good experiences aging this cuvée in my cellar (and currently have close to the case of the release from 2014 resting comfortably) and feel the current release could be another fine wine for mid-term aging, despite the wine being quite tasty to drink today. 2016-2035."
- Item #: i_302941Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90Mongrana is the quintessential expression of the colors, sights and sounds of the Maremma region:fruity and intense, fresh and embracing, the wine takes its name – and its character – from that of the noble family of knights depicted by the Italian Renaissance poet Ludovico Ariosto in his epic masterpiece Orlando Furioso ("Mad Orlando"). Mongrana is produced without using any animal products or byproducts. It is therefore suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Item #: i_306201Bottle Size: 750mlAn utterly unique and endearing "Super-Tuscan", Acquanera is a blend of Cilliegiolo, Colorino and Malvasia Nera. This is not Baron Bettino Ricasoli's famed Chianti recipe. The owner and winemaker, Pierpaolo Bertolini, hand harvests the grapes and co-ferments in amphora using indigenous yeasts.
- Item #: i_325658Bottle Size: 750MLWINE & SPIRITS 91 POINTS - "Christian Seely recently introduced this wine in New York as a rethinking of the super-premium, multivintage Porto style. Black replaces LB, Noval's former entry in this range, and uses top-quality fruit to create a soft, accommodating texture. The aromas are purple-black while the flavors are pure black cherry. Acidity spices it up and adds to the juiciness of the finish. It's plump in the middle and supple all the way through, ending on fruit-skin tannin and a touch of chocolate from oak. At the level of many of the region's best LBVs, this wine may become a staple for a new generation of Port drinkers."
WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "'Black' is a new blend produced from classic varieties that do not make it into the Quinta do Noval vintage. There are ripe blackberries, tar, smoke and orange liqueur on the nose that takes time to open. The palate is medium-bodied, very sleek on the entry, fleshy black fruits, sloe, spice and just a hint of white pepper, leading to a very focused finish."
A delightful dryish-styled Port where exceedingly prue blackberry and boysenberry fruits dominate the palate while the finish is thankfully devoid of alcoholic overtones.
- Item #: i_324313Bottle Size: 750mlThe Rheingau Riesling Trocken Josef Spreitzer displays a clear, fine, pure and elegant, floral and subtly earthy Riesling bouquet. Intense and concentrated on the palate, this is a complex and persistent estate Riesling with a long and elegant finish. The acidity is ripe and elegant and well interwoven with the finely textured fruit. An impressive entry level, it's almost too good to be true.
- Item #: i_376100Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 06Wine Spectator: 91WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS>-"The 2007 Brut Blanc de Blancs Comtes de Champagne continues to show very well, and it hasn't evolved appreciably since I last tasted it a few months ago. Revealing a pretty bouquet of lemon oil, lily pollen, dried white flowers, blanched almonds and crushed chalk, it's medium to full-bodied, chiseled and tensile, with excellent depth at the core, racy acids and a pure, precise and notably chalky finish. Tight-knit without being austere, it's a very classically balanced middleweight Comtes that has a long future ahead of it."
JOHN GILMAN 96 POINTS-"The new vintage of Comtes de Champagne Blanc de Blancs is the 2007 and the wine is simply outstanding. The bouquet is deep, pure and very precise in its constellation of apple, pear, lemon zest, chalky minerality, incipient notes of crème patissière, a bit of fresh almond and a topnote of white lilies. On the palate the wine is brisk, youthful, full-bodied and laser-like in its focus, with a great core of fruit, superb mineral drive, utterly refined mousse, nascent complexity and stunning length and grip on the still very young finish. As is proper for the vintage differences, the 2007 Comtes is quite a bit more youthful out of the blocks than the very fine 2006 version was, but in the long run, this seems likely to be every bit as impressive with a bit more bottle age. (Drink between 2022-2065) (9/2018)."
- Item #: i_302369Bottle Size: 750ml100% Piedirosso, aged 8 months in French oak barrels. A classic of the greater Naples area, it has a dark ruby color with ripe berry & cherry aromas and flavors. It has a distinctive spicy palate, with notes of clove, licorice, and peppercorn. Its medium body and chewy tannins make it a great food partner for red-sauce pastas, pizza, and flavorful, lean protein-rich meals.
The ancient legend behind the Lacryma Christi is God cried as he found into the Gulf of Naples a corner of heaven stolen by Lucifer. So where his tears fell, there grew the Lacryma Christi vine. Terredora has long recognized the potential of the Campania region and its old grapes, having pioneered the development of vineyards in the region since 1978. 100% Piedrosso and planted from ancient vines planted into the sides of dormant volcano Vesuvio.
100% Piedirosso and planted from ancient vines planted into the sides of dormant volcano Vesuvio it is aged 8 months in French barrels. It has a dark ruby color with a very ripe berry, cherry and liquorice aromas and flavors. Rounded with loads of spicy black pepper character, medium-full bodied with chewy tannins and a long finish. Great pairings would be spicy roast dishes of roast meats, pork, lamb and cheeses.
- Item #: i_166295Bottle Size: 1.75LTito's Handmade Vodka is produced in Austin at Texas' first and oldest legal distillery. It's made in small batches in an old fashioned pot still by Tito Beveridge (actual name), a 45-year-old Geologist, and distilled six times.Tito's Handmade Vodka is designed to be savored by spirit connoisseurs. It is micro-distilled in an old-fashioned pot still, just like fine single malt scotches and high-end French cognacs. This time-honored method of distillation requires more skill and effort than modern column stills, but it's well worth it.Our handcrafted technique offers more control over the distillation process, resulting in a spectacularly clean product of incomparable excellence. Only the heart of the run, the nectar is taken, leaving behind residual higher and lower alcohols. The vodka is cleansed of phenols, esters, congenersand acids by filtering it through the finest activated carbon available. Tito's Handmade Vodka won the prestigious Double Gold Medal having prevailed over 70 of the world's best premium vodkas, as the judges' unanimous Gold Medal choice, at The World Spirits Competition in San Francisco California.
- Item #: i_301395Bottle Size: 750mlORGANICALLY FARMED
Corvina & Corvinone, with Oseleta & Forselina.
This is one of the more distinctive Valpolicellas around, which the winery believes represents their terroir of the San Colombano area. Made from partially dried grapes and aged in French oak casks, followed by lengthy bottle ageing before release. It has heady, clear aromas reminiscent of cherry and plum cordial, with fresh Mediterranean herbs up front, meshed with subtle pungent spice (black pepper and licorice). The drying of the grapes gives a touch of extra concentration, but the palate stays fresh and highly drinkable with a medium body and a firm, stony sensation from the light tannin. This is an authentic taste of Italy.
- Item #: i_372486Bottle Size: 750mlClassic Vranac (a relative of Zinfandel) with distinctive flavors of dried cranberry and pleasant notes of toasted bread. The taste is very refreshing, with flavors of fresh berries. Acids are lively, vibrant, and last to the finish, in which a pure flavor of ripe cherry is distinguished. Made by Serbian Orthodox monks. Aged for two years in old Monastic barrels. Limited availability.
- Item #: i_353784Bottle Size: 750mlThis is an incredible Sancerre, barrel fermented, giving it a gentle creaminess that is balanced with fresh, bright stones fruits. Nuance is a powerful old-vine Sauvignon Blanc. Hints of flint, stone fruits, herbs de Provence, and a gorgeous, delicate jolt of fresh lemon in the finish. A serious Sancerre from one of the leading producers who follow exceptional farming practices on the top parcels in the region. A must-try for Sancerre lovers everywhere.
- Item #: i_372342Bottle Size: 750mlAn aromatic white wine variety, Malagousia, has been brought back to the center of attention by winemakers such as Vourvoukeli. This 100% Malagousia is well rounded and full of freshness and acidity. All Vourvoukeli wines are organically farmed. Global Wine Awards Double Gold Medal.