Catalog Advanced Search
76 items were found using the following search criteria
- Monthly Specials: Yes
- Item #: i_200090Bottle Size: 750mlVibrant aromas of crème brûlée, ginger, lemon curd and white peach are followed by a creamy entry which blossoms to a full, sweet, peach, nectarine and citrus mid-palate. Medium-bodied with vibrant acidity, the wine finishes long and full.
- Item #: i_372563Bottle Size: 750mlA delightful dry white from Slavonia (Eastern Croatia), this Grasevina (a.k.a. Welschriesling)was fermented in stainless steel with its native yeasts. It is light, fresh and fruity. Excellent with shrimp, fish, cured ham and hard cheese.
- Item #: i_318005Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR - 92 POINTS Offers aromas of quince and honey, with the quince note continuing on the palate and combining with nervy citrus accents. Very suave and smooth, showing enough acidity for balance and dense flavors that carry through the finish. Drink now through 2031. 90 cases imported. — AZ
MOSEL FINE WINES 93 POINTS "The 2017er Urziger Wurzgarten Spatlese “Urgluck” was harvested at a whopping 96 Oechsle, i.e. well into Auslese category. It delivers a captivating and elegant nose of flowers, minty herbs and candied grapefruit. These are joined by riper scents of whipped cream and vineyard peach as the wine gains from airing in the glass. This delightful Auslese in all but name shows quite some creamy and ripe fruits on the palate yet remains at all time very delicate and refined. A touch of exotic fruits and honey make for a smooth and juicy feel in the long finish. A hint of zest comes through in the after-taste. This is a gorgeous Auslese-style wine in the making! 2027-2047."
Terry Theise note "Probably the masterpiece of their vintage, but not an “easy” wine. Extreme sassafrass, and very stony, but a hyssop-y spice trails along a subtle vein of fruit. Mosel at its most masculine, but hugely impressive, with its serious “resting face.”"
- Item #: i_101470Bottle Size: 750MLBacardi Gold is expertly crafted by Maestros de Ron Bacardi. Its rich flavors and golden complexion are developed in toasted oak barrels and its mellow character comes from being shaped through a secret blend of charcoals.
Bacardi Gold features rich vanilla, buttery caramel, toasted almond and sweet banana notes with the warm zest of orange peel and a light tasting, oaky finish.
This rum forms the heart of the most classic of them all – the Original Cuba Libre.
- Item #: i_101770Bottle Size: 750MLBefore Don Facundo rewrote the script, white rums were harsh, crude and unrefined. In 1862 he created Bacardi Superior following 10 years of dedication to craft the perfect rum.
With distinctive vanilla and almond notes which are developed in white oak barrels and shaped through a secret blend of charcoal for a distinctive smoothness.
The perfect balance of subtle and delicate flavors means it doesn’t dominate like gin or disappear like vodka – making it perfect for mixing classic cocktails like the Mojito and modern masterpieces like the Knight Cup.
- Item #: i_377399Bottle Size: 750MLBailley-Lappierre Cremant de Bourgogne Brut RoseMade from 90% Pinot Noir and 10% Gamay, according to the requirements of the ancient Champenoise Method, it possesses a stricking rose petal color along with the alluring scents of dusty bing cherries and watermelon. The cherry flavors spill over to the palate where they are rounded out with elements of lemon-lime, dough, and nougat. An awesome sparkler for the money!
- Item #: i_109619Bottle Size: 750MLA masterpiece in every way... Beluga's composition is unique: not only is their malt alcohol of the most exquisite quality, and pearly artesian water, but also the diligent handiwork of past masters with their care for every detail. Not just a vodka, but an attitude towards life - one in which everything matters, everything has its place, and every deed has its special meaning. Beluga vodka is manufactured in an environmentally pure and untouched corner of Siberia, 300 km from the nearest settlement. Beluga undergoes the processes of filtration quartz sand post-filtration and maturating for a 3-month period. Calmed and rested at every stage, Beluga is saturated with irreproachable taste.
- Item #: i_306004Bottle Size: 1LYes, folks, this wine comes in a (1.0) liter bottle, which means you get to have more fun! Representing the fresh, crisp and refreshingly tangy side of Grüner Veltliner in the perennially-popular liter format, this is the bottling that Terry Theise calls the class of the [liter] category. Dry, crisp, and impeccably clean, this wine delivers delicious flavors of white flowers, pepper, and pink grapefruit, underscoredby an attractive leesiness - quintessential value Gruner Veltliner. Bottled under a crown cap; you'll need a bottle opener, not a corkscrew.
- Item #: i_302506Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ADVOCATE - "Bisol’s NV Prosecco Jeio reveals notable freshness, vibrancy and crispness in its green apples, flowers and sweet spices. There is terrific energy and harmony here, but like most Proseccos, the wine is best enjoyed in its exuberant youth."
- Item #: i_103260Bottle Size: 750MLClear. Moderately full-bodied. Dry. Aromas of juniper, eucalyptus and spice are powerfully present. The mouthfeel reveals a rich, plush texture. A powerful style, loaded with high-toned, engaging floral aromatics and assertive fruit elements. Quite pungent all the way through the finish.
- Item #: i_101552Bottle Size: 750mlThe new Sapphire East is vapor-infused with Thai lemongrass and Vietnamese black peppercorn, along with the 10 botanicals also found in the original Bombay Sapphire: almonds and lemon peel from Spain, coriander seeds from Morocco, juniper berries and orris (iris root) from Italy, liquorice from China, cassia bark from Indo-China, cubeb berries from Java, grains of paradise from West Africa, and angelica root from Germany's Saxony region. The result is a distinctly peppery, citrus finish.
- Item #: i_103300Bottle Size: 750MLEnjoyed in more than 120 countries, the tantalizing, smooth and complex taste of BOMBAY SAPPHIRE is a product of the perfect blend of the finest raw ingredients; a perfect balance of a unique combination of 10 hand-selected exotic botanicals from around the world.
Bombay Sapphire gin has an extraordinary smoothness with the overall taste being perfectly balanced. Inspiring the imagination of bartenders the world over, the aromatic flavors and crisp yet delicate finish create versatility unmatched by other gins that can be savored in inventive long drinks or perfectly balanced martinis; in classic or contemporary cocktails.
Since its creation, BOMBAY SAPPHIRE has taken an innovative approach to gin making - one of the secrets to its success. It is based on a 1761 recipe created by pioneering English distiller Thomas Dakin. To this day BOMBAY SAPPHIRE continues to be made using the artisanal Vapour Infusion distillation process, which we believe has been used by the Dakin family since 1836.
Bombay Sapphire was also the first premium gin to showcase the importance of its 10 botanicals, which are hand-selected from exotic locations around the world by Ivano Tonutti; BOMBAY SAPPHIRE Master of Botanicals.
Launched in the 1980’s to capture the imagination of an American audience, the striking translucent blue glass bottle completely rejuvenated and reinvented the gin category and is celebrated to this day.
- Item #: i_103870Bottle Size: 1.75LBurnett's Vodka uses an uncompromising production process of quadruple distillation and triple charcoal filtering for superior smoothness. This proprietary process makes Burnett's one of the purest vodkas on the market. Burnett's offers exceptional mixability and is the perfect ingredient in a wide variety of cocktails.
- Item #: i_208150Bottle Size: 750MLCambria's Chardonnay has been a constant favorite with consumers across the country. It is an enticing wine with good depth and range of flavors, remarkable balance, and savory finish. Cambria has carved out a reputation for producing lush, tropical Chardonnay for 20 years. This has also been a darling of wine critic Robert Parker for its excellent quality-to-price ratio.
- Item #: i_164651Bottle Size: 750MLCazadores Tequila is clean, smooth tequila; its aroma evokes memories of agave fields and the roots in nature that we all carry within ourselves.The consistency of this product is one of its most important qualities. Whoever tastes it encounters its insuperable flavor, which is developed at each stage of the process, but it is the wood of the oak barrels in which it ages that provides the final touch.BJ
- Item #: i_104960Bottle Size: 750MLThis tequila, pale yellow in color, has a full-mellow attack with moderate complexity and an agave intensity of the same level. The aroma contains moderate caramel and smoke with slight hints of fruit, pepper, agave, and floral elements. The medium and sweet body has flavors of oak with moderate agave an ome pepper. The component most pronounced is like cardboard-or dough, perhaps from the new oak barrels. A moderately long and sweet finish with the doughy taste lingering through the tingy alcohol.
- Item #: i_313630Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS-"This vibrant version shows a range of toasted brioche, baked cherry, crystalized honey, grated ginger and coconut flavors, remaining light-footed and lively throughout. Beautifully balanced, with a lasting, mouthwatering finish. Disgorged 2014. Drink now through 2020. 5,000 cases imported. (10/16)."
PETER LEIM 2 STARS-"Beginning with this release, chef de cave Thierry Roset has reduced the number of crus that are included in this wine, although the general composition remains the same: one-third of each variety, with about 40 percent of the blend composed of reserve wines that average about ten years of age. As usual, it's generous in aroma, showing a waxy, burnished richness and an unusual complexity and depth for a non-vintage brut. At the same time, it feels lively and vibrant thanks to its fresh acidity, along with a pervasive chalkiness that saturates the wine from start to finish. This is already one of the finest NVs on the market, and if anything, it's only getting better with each new release."
- Item #: i_351701Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 91 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 91 POINTS - "This wine has weight and rich fruit. It also offers the tannins and structure associated with Saint-Estèphe, which balance the generous potential of the blackberry flavors. Half-and-half Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, the wine needs to age. Drink from 2025."
- Item #: i_351541Bottle Size: 750mlChavy-Chouet's Pinot Noir is classified as humble Bourgogne Rouge, but the fruit for it comes from an excellent single-vineyard site near Pommard. Great value. Soft, elegant red berry flavours; a hint of earthy spice; superb structure and balance. This Pinot Noir comes from the 'La Taupe' vineyard, a very good Pinot Noir site near Pommard.
- Item #: i_211820Bottle Size: 750mlClos Du Val, French for "small vineyard estate of a small valley," was founded in 1972 in the renowned Stags Leap District. The winery was first recognized for its Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon at the famed Judgment of Paris in 1976, establishing its place as one of Napa Valley's most iconic winery estates. Still family-owned today, Clos Du Val farms 350 acres of estate vineyards in the Stags Leap District, Carneros and Yountville appellations and continues to craft wines of balance and complexity, showcasing the fruit from the outstanding terroir on which their estate lies.
Clos du Val has recently moved to all estate fruit; this is tremendously important! They have phenomenal vineyard holdings throughout Napa and are no longer buying fruit. Production has now been cut in half, and the winery has undergone a complete transformation, from the vineyard to the winery to the distribution. Quality is the number one priority and it shows in the finished wines. Clos du Val also has new winemakers; Ted Henry (previously at Jarvis) and consulting winemaker Tony Biagi (Hourglass, Patria, Amici; previously - Plumpjack, Cade, Odette).
ANTONIO GALLONI 91 POINTS - "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate is a gorgeous entry-level wine from Clos du Val. Dark, inky and voluptuous in the glass, but with plenty of structural underpinning, the 2015 is super-expressive today. The tannins are going to need at least a year or two to soften, but all the elements are nicely balanced throughout. A rush of dark cherry, plum, lavender, spice and menthol build in this attractive, mid-weight Cabernet Sauvignon from Clos du Val. Fruit sources are the estate vineyard in Stags Leap and State Lane in Yountville."
- Item #: i_352779Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "As always, the 2017 Châteauneuf Du Pape Vieilles Vignes has a touch more dark fruits, more concentration, and more structure, which makes it less approachable but more age-worthy. Blackcurrants, ground pepper, bouquet garni, crushed rocks, and garrigue notes all emerge from this structured, focused, yet ripe and beautifully textured Châteauneuf Du Pape that's going to benefit from 2-4 years of bottle age."
ROBERT PARKER 93 POINTS - "The 2017 Chateauneuf du Pape Vieilles Vignes starts off with scents of tapenade, then adds ripe cherries and cola notes. Dark and concentrated, it's full-bodied and open-knit, perhaps a bit coarser than the elegant 2016, with a touch of chocolate on the long finish. The Grenache in this cuvée was planted in 1905, making this a relative value among old-vine offerings."
- Item #: i_311270Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Vinous Media: 92 PointsJames Suckling: 94Decanter: 92 PointsJeb Dunnuck: 92 PointsJAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS -"This has a very plush, luscious and generously fleshy feel. Cherry compote, raspberries, blackberries and plums. Tarry elements, too. Smooth, velvety, pure and even. Succulence, elegance and clarity. Such value here. Drink or hold."
ROBERT PARKER 92+ POINTS - "The 2016 Cotes du Rhone Coudoulet de Beaucastel was bottled just two weeks before my visit, hence the plus sign attached to its rating. Planted just outside the boundaries of the Châteauneuf-du-Pape appellation, the vines here average 80 years old. Mouthwatering aromas of red fruit and spice lead the way, backed by a full-bodied wine that's creamy and lush but also silky and vibrant. As always, it's one of the best Côtes du Rhône wines from a given vintage... Certainly, the wines are breathtaking at the upper levels, but the Perrin family continues to put effort into the entry-level wines as well, from the Coudelet de Beaucastel, which is always one of the top Côtes du Rhône wines, to the other wines reviewed under the Famille Perrin heading. 92+ points."
- Item #: i_216111Bottle Size: 750MLWINEMAKER'S NOTES "- The Brut Cuvee is the signature wine of Domaine Carneros, representing the best of Carneros Pinot Noir and Chardonnay in a classic sparkling wine. This powerful yet elegant wine shows off an array of citrus flavors, tropical fruit including pineapple and passion fruit, and a hint of toastiness. It is racy on the palate and long on finish.
- Item #: i_277401Bottle Size: 750MLFounded by the Taittinger family of Champagne, Domaine Carneros sparkling wines express their noble French heritage with pure California panache. The NV Dom Carneros Brut Rose is foamy and full on the palate with a lovely mix of fresh cherries, cream and soft-spoken yeast running its considerable length.
- Item #: i_377551Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS-"There's power to this graceful Champagne, with the vivid acidity swathed in a fine, creamy mousse and flavors of toasted brioche, kumquat, pastry cream, candied ginger and poached plum that dance across the palate. An underpinning of smoky mineral gains momentum on the lasting finish. Drink now through 2033."
ANTONIO GALLONI 98+ POINTS-"The 2008 Dom Pérignon is fabulous, but quite remarkably, it was even more open when I tasted it a year ago. Bright, focused and crystalline in its precision, the 2008 is going to need a number of years before it is at its best. Lemon peel, white flowers, mint and white pepper give the 2008 its chiseled, bright profile. Several recent bottles have all been magnificent. What I admire most about the 2008 is the way it shows all the focus, translucence and energy that is such a signature of the year, and yet it is also remarkably deep and vertical. In other words, the 2008 is a Champagne that plays in three dimensions."
- Item #: i_378920Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Aromatic pastry dough, crème de cassis, apple blossom and graphite notes are well-meshed in this elegant Champagne. The delicate mousse swathes the finely wrought acidic frame in a creamy texture, carrying accents of chalky mineral and lemon pith on the lingering finish."
- Item #: i_109800Bottle Size: 750MLFernet Branca was created in 1845 from a secret recipe-- that even till now-- has never been disclosed, held by the family and unchanged with time. Fernet will cure what ails you, it is a perfect drink to start off or prolong an evening's pleasure. The key to the unique, unmistakable flavor is the result of the highest quality ingredients: at least 27 herbs harvested from 4 different continents, macerated and infused then laid in oak casks for at least a year. Some of the healthy ingredients are: Aloes: The fix all/cure all-- a bountiful natural source of Antioxydants, Aloe is know for its healing powers; Gentian root: grown in the mountains, is a legendary, natural 'pick-me-up' that is known to be an antacid, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic; there is also Rhubarb, Gum Myrrh, Red Cinchona, Colombus, Galanga and Zedoary. Saffron, Mint and citrus....
The aromas are bitter, earthy-- like being in the mountains, you smell grasses and fields and wild flowers all crashing in on you, there is also minty camphor, Gentian, cinnamon and galanga, saffron and a multitude of more delicate scents to be discovered and enjoyed. The flavors are explosively huge and giving. Bitter is an unfair way to describe it because of the negative connotations but that is what it is.. big, bitter, complex and dry. The flavor follow the aromas and are as difficult to pick out. This perfect as a digestivo and a powerful trick in a tasty beverage.
- Item #: i_351569Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 90-92 PointsThe march of time continues unabated as spring starts its sublime sojourn toward summer. Warm days may meet some rain and still-chilly nights as Mother Nature sorts her wardrobe, not quite ready for the full warmth of the sun. As always, our palates, plates and pantries reflect the current climes, reflecting and reacting to how the mercury moves. We strive each month to find a wine that matches the mood of the weather as well as the call of the calendar. And this month, we found a crowd-pleasing winner of a wine that will pair with all of the above.
A blend of Grenache and Syrah (50/50), the grapes are sourced from vineyards on the left bank of the Rhône River, grown on alluvial and gravelly soils.
Mixed red and black fruits fill the nose as secondary notes of incense, cedar and forest floor resolve to hints of rose petal, mulberry and a touch of herbal influence. Dark black fruits, black berries and blackcurrant, are balanced by silky tannins. Layers of dark spices and earth uplift the dark fruits as they crest the wave of the finish, slowly receding yet flavorful still. Pair with spring lamb, Easter banquets, hearty stews or hard cheeses. Remember, it's never too early to warm up the grill for summer!
Remember, it's never to early to warm up the grill for summer!
JEB DUNNUCK 90-92 POINTS -"The 2016 Côtes du Rhône Samorens is a 50/50 split of Grenache and Syrah that’s completely unoaked and brought up all in concrete. Rounded, sexy and even voluptuous, with terrific purity in its black raspberry, violet and incense aromatics, this medium to full-bodied beauty has no hard edges, silky tannin and a great finish."
- Item #: i_383703Bottle Size: 750mlOne of the Top 100 Wineries in the World, located in the cooler Yarra Valley. One of Australia's best Chardonnays at this price point. Sourced from the 5 best Giant Steps vineyards, this is a blend of their finest grapes An intense Chardonnay that was gently matured on oak for 7 months. Apricot, white peach, grapefruit flavours along with a long, mineral finish A truly wonderful Chardonnay that is perfect with friends. Great to accompany poultry, pork and Asian foods.
- Item #: i_330770Bottle Size: 750MLTio Pepe is one of those constants in the world of wine. As a nonvintage blend of bone-dry sherry, it doesn't change from year to year. It may not be the greatest fino sherry; it is simply the definitive wine of its type ? certainly the best-known dry sherry around the world. Tio Pepe is a pale-colored wine of great complexity and elegance, with hints of almond and very subtle citrus. Its distinguishing feature is a hint of salt water, as though it were meant to be sipped by the sea.
- Item #: i_379357Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90JAMES SUCKLING 97 POINTS-"Wow! Amazing aromas of crushed blackberry and blueberry, stems and rose petal. Entrancing. Full-bodied, very tight and powerful with ultra-fine tannins. Intense richness of crushed berries, chocolate, hazelnut and coffee. 5,250 cases. Try after 2026."
- Item #: i_325338Bottle Size: 750mlFresh, elegant and full of a wonderful fizz, Gran Campo Viejo Cava Brut Reserva Sparkling White Wine aged for 18 months. Decadent and delicious.
- Item #: i_166281Bottle Size: 750MLFranceIn the Anjou region of France, the essence of Anjou pears is artistically blended by the Maitre de Chai with the world?s finest vodka to create Grey Goose La Poire Flavored Vodka. Originating from France, the Beurre d?Anjou, or Anjou pear, is prized for its clean sweetness and mellow flavor. Once ripened, the Anjou pear is subtly sweet and notably smooth. Both sophisticated and unique, the taste of Grey Goose La Poire is a fitting compliment for a variety of cuisines and cocktails including the signature Peartini.
- Item #: i_163701Bottle Size: 750MLFranceGrey Goose Le Citron is distilled from a selection of choice grains blended with a distillate of fresh lemons and water from the Gene Springs that is naturally filtered through champagne limestone. Grey Goose Le Citron is the world's best tasting vodka flavored with a refreshing zest of lemon.
- Item #: i_162857Bottle Size: 750MLFranceGrey Goose Vodka L'Orange is the best tasting vodka in the world with a whisper of orange. Made in Cognac, France, L'Orange is created in a five-step distillation process that begins in copper-pot stills and ends with an infusion of the essence of succulent oranges. It is light, crisp and delicious.
- Item #: i_162060Bottle Size: 750MLWhen François Thibault, a cognac maître de chai - 'cellar master' - announced that he intended to use his considerable spirits-making skills to create vodka, people in the region were skeptical. Today, GREY GOOSE is enjoyed around the world.
"As a maitre de chai, I developed a deep knowledge and appreciation for the craftsmanship involved in creating the finest quality spirits." - François Thibault
From field to bottle, François Thibault oversees every step in the creation of GREY GOOSE Vodka, from selecting the finest ingredients to designing a process which ensures that their natural characteristics are captured in the final spirit. GREY GOOSE Vodka is distilled only once using a continuous-column distillation process, the ensures the quality of the wheat remains.
"Get the best out of the very best ingredients, and let the quality speak for itself." - François Thibault
The creation of GREY GOOSE Vodka begins with the finest soft winter wheat grown by three local farming cooperatives in the Picardy region of France. Only the highest grade of wheat,'Blé Panifiable Supérieur'-is selected– the same grade used in the finest French breads and pastries. The wheat is sent to a dedicated mill and distillery, where it is transformed into a high-proof spirit. This wheat spirit is then perfectly blended with spring water from an exclusive well in Gensa-La-Pallue, in the Cognac Arrondissement (region), where the water is naturally filtered through limestone.
"Even with today's advances in technology, there is no machine capable of replicating the human qualities intrinsic to the creation of GREY GOOSE." - François Thibault Each batch of GREY GOOSE Vodka undergoes more than 550 daily quality control checks including-most importantly-personal tasting and approval by François Thibault.
- Item #: i_227182Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 96 PointsDecanter: 96 PointsWine Enthusiast: 92 PointsDECANTER 96 POINTS - "A sumptuous wine with abundant blackcurrant, blackberry, cherry, spice and wonderful dried herbs. Ripe tannin and balanced spicy oak. Real potential to develop further."
Dark maroon in color.14.6% ABV.86% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Petit Verdot,6% Merlot and CF.3% Dark fruits, anise, cedar and coffee on the nose. Medium in body. Clearly a product of MED cool ’15 vintage as the wine has lush mouthfeel I found in many wines from ’10. Currants, cassis, plums, leather and green apples on the palate. This wine needs several years in the cellar and should drink well through 2020. Tasty Napa Cabernet at a very fair price.
- Item #: i_380016Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "This subdued white shows plenty of elegance and grace. Spice and toasty notes linger in the background, and pear and melon flavors have a succulent texture, with a thread of acidity that weaves in and out. Drink now through 2022. 2,500 cases made."
WINE MAKER NOTES - Our fruit was harvested by hand at the end of February then whole-bunch pressed and settled in tank before racking to tank and barrel for fermentation. The wine underwent a partial malolactic fermentation and was aged for 10 months – part in steel tank to retain fresh fruit flavours, part in barrel for added complexity. We used a mix of old and new French oak.
With fruit from select vineyards, this is a true regional Yarra Valley Chardonnay. It has fresh citrus and stone fruit aromas with bright fruit on the palate, creamy texture and a clean finish.
- Item #: i_378405Bottle Size: 750mlGarnet red in color, this wine offers aromas of blueberries and blackcurrant, with hints of fresh violet. On the palate, it shows savory notes and pepper spice, as well as fresh rhubarb and fleshy fruit. Fine tannins and balanced acidity with length on the palate.
Blend: 84% Grenache, 16% Shiraz
- Item #: i_372574Bottle Size: 750mlThe Karas red is an elegant blend of 35% Syrah; 35% Malbec; 20% Cabernet Franc and 10% Tannat. Full bodied with balanced fruit, this ruby red wine has rich flavors of red and black berries leading to a long finish. The Armavir region, located at the base of Mount Ararat, is known for its higher levation climate and volcanic soil.
- Item #: i_365550Bottle Size: 720mlSMV: +1.0
Acidity: 1.7 Brewery: Kikusui Shuzo - Niigata Seimaibuai: 55% Rice Type: Gohyakumangoku Classification: Junmai Ginjo Prefecture: Niigata Alcohol: 15.0% This sake is a light and breezy delight. Easy to drink and mild, this is a beautifully crafted signature sake of the Niigata region. With a soft texture and a light fruity aroma, I enjoy this sake all throughout the year. delicious.
- Item #: i_116730Bottle Size: 750MLThe original Laphroaig is distilled the same way today as it was when Ian Hunter invented it over 75 years ago. In making Laphroaig, malted barley is dried over a peat fire. The smoke from this peat, found only on Islay, gives Laphroaig its particularly rich flavor. Those enjoying the 10 Year Old will first notice the bold, smoky taste, followed by a hint of seaweed and a surprising sweetness. This full-bodied variant is the foundation of all Laphroaig expressions and comes with a long finish.
- Item #: i_105549Bottle Size: 750mlFollowing distillation, Laphroaig Select Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky is matured in five different types of casks: Oloroso sherry, white American oak, Pedro Ximenez, quarter-sized and first fill bourbon. After the whisky has been matured, it is finished in virgin American oak casks, a type of wood rarely used in the Scotch whisky industry. During its time in virgin American oak, the whisky is rested in the highest, warmest reaches of Laphroaig's warehouse, which increases the exposure of the whisky to the wood.
As a result, Laphroaig Select Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky has an aroma of peat, lemon, herbs, green apples and mint. Notes of baking spices, citrus, honey, oak and caramel are complemented by bold notes of smoke, and lead to a finish accented by touches of salty brine and rich fruits.
- Item #: i_301544Bottle Size: 750mlORGANICALLY GROWN GRAPES
This wonderful Sangiovese wine made in Super Tuscan style comes from the small organic and family run farm Le Cinciole, situated just outside Panzano in Chianti. Even though they produce Chianti Classico as well, the very best portion of vineyard is selected for the best grape bunches that make it into this concentrated, world class wine. It is aged for two years and could easily be kept for many years to come.
- Item #: i_377226Bottle Size: 750mlWINERY NOTES-"LØVO appears soft yellow with lime green hues and fine bubbles that produce understated aromas of green apple and peach with floral notes. It has a soft, but fresh, acidity on the mouth and the hint of fruit is delightfully pleasurable for those who enjoy exotic fruit on the palate.
- Item #: i_379541Bottle Size: 187mlWINERY NOTES-"LØVO appears soft yellow with lime green hues and fine bubbles that produce understated aromas of green apple and peach with floral notes. It has a soft, but fresh, acidity on the mouth and the hint of fruit is delightfully pleasurable for those who enjoy exotic fruit on the palate.
- Item #: i_376338Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ENTHUSIAST 88 POINTS-"Clean, stylish and easy to like, this has apple and green herb aromas. It shows a good weight and mouth feel, with papaya, thyme and baked apple flavors. Medium long and smooth on the finish, this is a commendable value priced bubbly."
- Item #: i_374534Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 88 POINTS-"The Mas Fi Brut Rose comes from 30-year-old [Trepat] vines and likewise undergoes 15 months lees-aging. It offers a more fruit-driven bouquet with strawberry and candied orange peel. The palate is full in the mouth with lively red cherry and lemon peel that lead to a very assured, harmonious finish that is less angular and more caressing than its peers. Drink now."
- Item #: i_305612Bottle Size: EACHJames Suckling: 95JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS - "This has a riper-fruit nose with rich plums and hints of chocolate, as well as graphite and cedary nuances. The palate has ample ripe cherries and plums with a fine, lithe tannin shape that delivers plenty of plum and cassis flavor. Drink or hold."
- Item #: i_249865Bottle Size: 750MLThis wine embodies the rich diversity of world-class vineyards in the acclaimed Sonoma Coast appellation, and the talents of the gifted winegrowers who farm these sites. Combining fruit from a "who's who" of the appellation's most renowned vineyards, this cuvee includes Sanchietti Vineyard, Gap's Crown Vineyard, Zio Tony Ranch, Dutton Ranch, and Durrell Vineyard. On the nose, aromas of dried orange peel, roasted almond, lemon sugar cookie and green apple are nicely supported by spicy French oak shadings. The mouthfeel is crisp and juicy with cascading, mouthwatering flavors of spicy pear, lime zest, yeast and toffee. The finish is long and focused by crisp acidity leading to lingering flavors that keep pumping.
- Item #: i_377405Bottle Size: 750mlCOLOR=BLUE>WINERY NOTES-"The Blason Rosé is a non-vintage Brut wine made from the strictest selection of the finest possible base wines. It was first launched in 1956 in France and remained a limited production Cuvee. A Champagne that blends freshness and intensity. An exquisite delicacy in the floral, stylish and diamond-cut style of the House of Perrier-Jouët."
- Item #: i_251620Bottle Size: 750MLA blend of 70% Chardonnay, 20% Pinot Noir, 3% Pinot Blanc, 7% Aged Reserve Blend all sourced from Sonoma County.
WINERY NOTES-"...our Brut is dry and fresh, with a long elegant finish, possessing crisp citrus flavors with hints of green apple, mandarin orange and brioche. Delicious on its own or the perfect foundation for memorable mimosas and other classic cocktails such as our signature Sonoma 75. This sparkling wine pairs perfectly with crab cakes, sautéed shrimp or sushi."
- Item #: i_354430Bottle Size: 750MLThis is a classic blend of 35% Chardonnay, 35% Pinot Noir and 30% Pinot Meunier that is fashioned in a light, frothy style. Its nose has a wonderful bready quality with just a hint of toastiness from the cuvee's reserve stocks. The palate offers an appealing play of peach and pear flavors that are nicely elaborated with nougat and soft citrus tones. In keeping with Pommery's house style, the finish is on the dry end of the Brut range but is not sharp or overtly austere. This then is a Champagne of considerable delicacy and nuance that should appeal to both Champagne novices and aficionados alike.
- Item #: i_325658Bottle Size: 750MLWINE & SPIRITS 91 POINTS - "Christian Seely recently introduced this wine in New York as a rethinking of the super-premium, multivintage Porto style. Black replaces LB, Noval's former entry in this range, and uses top-quality fruit to create a soft, accommodating texture. The aromas are purple-black while the flavors are pure black cherry. Acidity spices it up and adds to the juiciness of the finish. It's plump in the middle and supple all the way through, ending on fruit-skin tannin and a touch of chocolate from oak. At the level of many of the region's best LBVs, this wine may become a staple for a new generation of Port drinkers."
WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "'Black' is a new blend produced from classic varieties that do not make it into the Quinta do Noval vintage. There are ripe blackberries, tar, smoke and orange liqueur on the nose that takes time to open. The palate is medium-bodied, very sleek on the entry, fleshy black fruits, sloe, spice and just a hint of white pepper, leading to a very focused finish."
A delightful dryish-styled Port where exceedingly prue blackberry and boysenberry fruits dominate the palate while the finish is thankfully devoid of alcoholic overtones.
- Item #: i_372578Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS "Complex and aromatic, with spice, fresh earth, cream soda and black walnut flavors that are rich and polished, giving way to succulent plum and cassis elements. Black pepper and Earl Grey tea grace notes linger effortlessly on the finish. Drink now through 2029. 1,500 cases made, 500 cases imported. — MW"
WINE ENTHUSIAST 90 POINTS "This historic Hunter Valley winery [Tyrrell's] also owns vineyards further afield, and this Shiraz is from Heathcote in Central Victoria, though it still wears the Tyrrell's crown. After a little swirling in the glass, it unveils aromas of plump blueberry, plum, mocha, licorice and florals. Medium to full bodied, it offers an intricate play between texture and acidity, juicy fruit and taut, sandy tannins, hinting at stony minerality. There's an old-fashioned feel about this wine. It's comfortable in its own skin and doesn't try too hard to be modern. Christina Pickard"
Established in 1858 by English immigrant Edward Tyrrell, Tyrrell’s Wines is one of Australia’s pre-eminent family owned wine companies. 1864 was their first vintage. They now have vineyards extending from their historic home in the Hunter Valley NSW (near Sydney) to their Heathcote vineyards in Victoria (north of Melbourne. Headed up by fourth generation family member Bruce Tyrrell, Tyrrell's is home to some of Australia's most awarded wines. The Rufus Stone Shiraz is named for the historical marker in England that commemorates the death of King William II, said to be due to an "errant" arrow fired by a Tyrrell.
- Item #: i_303484Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 95James Suckling: 96WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - "As much savory as fruity, this offers a fine balance between cherry, leather, spice and carob aromas and flavors. Rich yet lively, leaving a mouthwatering impression on the long, saline aftertaste."
JAMES SUCKLING 96 POINTS - "Subtle and complete aromas of cherry, flowers, and orange peel. Full body, round and velvety tannins. So pretty and refined. Polished. A gorgeous wine. Drink or hold."
- Item #: i_378117Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 88WINE ENTHUSIAST 91 POINTS - "This enticing and supple wine starts with aromas of bread dough and toasted almonds. The palate brings flavors of both fresh and baked apple on a plush, softly sparkling texture."
- Item #: i_258370Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 92This pioneering Napa Valley sparkling wine house has been on quite a tear lately with their rose cuvees and this edition could be our favorite to date. This rose's multi-faceted palate presents a cornucopia of succulent red summer fruits that are just the thing to complement the salt infused flavors of your Easter ham. Robert Parker really flipped for it as the below review suggests.
- Item #: i_345655Bottle Size: 750MLA collaboration between Napa's Joel Gott and Dave Phinney (Orin Swift)
The 2018 Shatter Grenache pours a glass that's inky black in color. Flavors and aromas dominated by black current, spice and cured meats with a touch of coffee from low toast barrels. There's an underlying minerality throughout with the distinct ferrous quality that schist delivers. The palate is pure and powerful, but has structure and a backbone, that holds it all together.
- Item #: i_305119Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91 +The greatest care goes into the production of Siro Pacenti's Rosso di Montalcino. This "Baby Brunello" is sourced from Sangiovese vines which are between 15 and 25 years old. The grapes are harvested by hand at the end of September and transported whole to the cellar where each vineyard is vinified separately. The wine is then aged for 12 months in French oak barriques.
WINE ADVOCATE 91+ POINTS - "The 2016 Rosso di Montalcino is a bright and vibrant red wine that really pops from the glass. It exhibits a cheerful vertical lift that embraces all the senses. That buoyant bouquet is duly followed by robust cherry flavors with an impressive level of richness and concentration. This wine shows good structure and staying power. It has the budding complexity that comes so naturally to the mighty wines of Montalcino. "
- Item #: i_350309Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS "All the 2017s from this estate are brilliant wines, and the 2017 Châteauneuf Du Pape should be purchased by the case. It offers a ripe, sexy style as well as complex notes of ripe red and black currants, graphite, melted licorice, and incense. With ripe tannins and a layered, elegant texture, it’s a terrific example of the style of the vintage and will keep for 10-15 years."
- Item #: i_222180Bottle Size: 750mlOregon Pinot Noir is on a string of rock star vintages! 2015 was ripe, juicy, and hedonistic, while 2016 was fresh, lively, and aromatic. 2018 may turn out to be the "Goldilocks" of the trio, showing ripe fruit with good intensity, yet retaining freshness and verve. Oregon Pinot Noir has the potential to stand up to the best wines coming out of California, Burgundy, or New Zealand, and with a wine of this price...earning this score...Oregon may become the best area in the new world to find quality Pinot Noir for not a lot of money!
The Black Family purchased a vineyard in the warm Dundee Hills of Oregon's Willamette Valley as a family retreat. With family and longevity in mind, they immediately changed the farming techniques in the vineyard, and began to employ sustainable farming on the property. Two years later, the family purchased property in the neighboring Yamhill-Carlton District, employing the same sustainable farming practices, and even practicing biodynamic farming on half of the vineyard! This vineyard has been turned into one of the largest experiments of its kind, with 40 acres farmed sustainably through the L.I.V.E. (Low Impact Viticulture and Enology) program. Today, The Four Graces combines the fruit from these two properties to make one fantastic Pinot Noir! This wine was aged for nine months in French oak barrels (of which 15% were new).
- Item #: i_305079Bottle Size: 750mlORGANICALLY FARMED
Produced solely in the best vintages, Gran Selezione is a single vineyard wine; the 100% Sangiovese estate fruit is born in Tolaini's organically farmed Montebello Vineyard "numero sette”. Gran Selezione wines require even more aging, must come from a single vineyard or an estate’s best vineyards and pass a panel tasting of experts.
Aromas and flavor sof dried dark cherry, citrus, and plum with baking spice (particularly clove) and leather notes. Medium-bodied, with a firm, savory finish. A classical representation of the Castelnuovo Berardenga area that will be drinking in its prime this year.
- Item #: i_380580Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Wine Spectator: 92James Suckling: 95Wine Enthusiast: 94 Points77% Cabernet Sauvignon, 16% Malbec, & 7% Petit Verdot
JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS - "Love the aromas of fresh mushrooms, flowers and currants. Pops out of the glass. Full body, very tight in the center palate but that takes off at the finish. Tangy and vivid acidity gives focus and life to this wine. What a wine. Screw cap. Drink or hold."
WINE ENTHUSIAST 94 POINTS - "Although it's full-bodied and lush, it's by no means the world's biggest or ripest Cabernet blend. Instead, it's impeccably balanced and gentle, serving up cassis, vanilla and a touch of baking spices in generous swirls that reach a crescendo on the long finish. Drink now–2030."
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2012 Heytesbury was the first vintage winemaker Virginia Willcock used only indigenous yeasts for the ferment, which she says has added "life" to the wine. The blend...is indeed lively, showing vibrant notes of cassis framed by hints of menthol, vanilla and tight tannins. It's medium to full in body yet avoids any sense of jamminess or excessive weight, finishing long and fine."
Heytesbury is a blend of the best barrels from the best batches of old-vine Cabernet Sauvignon and small parcels of Petit Verdot and Malbec. The Margaret River Wine Region is positioned on a cape that is surrounded by ocean on three sides in the south-west corner of Australia. Unique to the Margaret River region is a system ofnatural sea breezes and currents that help regulate the variance between seasonal temperatures, reducing extreme cold and heat within the vineyards. These cooling breezes steady the ripening process for the development of physiologically balanced grapes with concentrated fruit flavors. Heytesbury shows incredible elegance and finesse with silky smooth tannins.
Deep purple fading to a ruby rim. On the nose, the wine is very aromatic with violet florals leading the way. Currants, black cherry, cedar, sassafras root, eucalyptol and exotic spices tantalize. On the palate, the wine is dry and full-bodied, yet well-balanced with fine matured tannins. The flavors mirror the aromatics with crème de cassis, black cherry and blackberries leading the way. Savory spices and a hint of vanillin culminate in a seamless, lingering finish. This wine shows incredible balance, complexity, intensity and length. Well done!
- Item #: i_378976Bottle Size: 750mlVINCENT COUCHE "ELEGANCE" EXTRA BRUT CHAMPAGNE, FRANCE. 85% Pinot Noir, 15% Chardonnay. (Demeter Certified Biodynamic) Vincent Couche is one of the stars of the grower Champagne movement. Located in the Cotes des Bar, Vincent is also fully Biodynamic, a rarity not just in this region, but in all Champagne. His Champagnes are especially complex due to extended lees aging. Aged five years on the lees and bottled with no dosage, this Champagne is creamy, yeasty and complex, with focused mineralty and lots of length. Terrific!
- Item #: i_352046Bottle Size: 750mlVincent and Cosette Pinard’s 15 hectare Domaine extends over steep limestone slopes around Bué. The excessively low yields, hand harvesting and modern winery, complete with temperature-controlled vats, result in enticing, aromatic and intense wines. 100% tank-fermented and aged. As the name suggests this cuvée is very floral. Fine, crisp and very classic, there is plenty of fruit here: lemon, lime and grapefruit zest with a ripe juicy acidity; a strong complex terroir dimension is obvious, too, with its chalky, mineral touches.
- Item #: i_352088Bottle Size: 750mlThe Kimmeridgian (limestone-rich) soils that run through Chablis give the wines their characteristic minerality, which can also be described as gunflint, chalk and, in the wines of Vocoret & Fils, the taste of a wet stone. An exceptional village-level Chablis with three-fourths of the fruit coming from the famous “Les Pargues” vineyard in Prehy and the balance comes from a village-level vineyard located just next to Montee de Tonnerre. This wine captures the typical Chablis character with steely minerality, focused citrus expression and firm acidity. Serve as an aperitif or with oysters, seafood, snails, charcuterie, goat cheese, Gruyere cheese.
- Item #: i_376775Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR 98 POINTS & #14 2018 TOP 100 LIST-"Gorgeous, with warm plum reduction and gently steeped raspberry, blackberry and boysenberry fruit flavors forming the core, all inlaid with warm ganache and smoldering tobacco accents. Very plush in feel, but has no lack of energy, as everything sails beautifully through the long finish. A late echo of anise completes the seduction. Best from 2035 through 2055. 3,000 cases made."
JAMES SUCKLING 96 POINTS-Very complex with dried flowers and roses. Full-bodied, very layered and tightly wound. Chewy and powerful. Firm and off-dry. Needs five or six years to soften. Beauty. Try in 2024."
- Item #: i_322457Bottle Size: 750mlRipe fruit, beautiful richness, but with good acidity to back it up, the Weixelbaum "Stephanus" bottling is a prime example of everything good with 2018 in Austria. Flavors of green melon, snap pea, kiwi and citrus dance around your palate in delight. If this came from the Wachau, you would probably peg this as a Smaragd, mostly for its richness, but also for its elegance and sheer drinkability. This is a Gruner that punches up above its class.