Catalog Advanced Search
211 items were found using the following search criteria
- Collector's Corner: Yes
- Item #: i_277620Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 93-95 POINTS - "Consistently thrilling wines come from l'Aventure, which is run with incredible talent and passion by St. Emilion native Stephan Asseo. His 2016s are incredible efforts, and the 2017 more Rhone blends are certainly in the same ballpark. Due to the heat spikes at harvest, Bordeaux varieties were much more difficult and hit or miss."
"Another elegant and seamless wine is the 2017 Cote a Cote (48% Grenache, 32% Mourvedre, and the balance Syrah) has an exotic, perfumed style in its cassis and strawberry fruits, and it's full-bodied, nicely concentrated, and layered on the palate. I love its tannin quality, it's balanced, and is going to drink nicely right out of the gate."
- Item #: i_277570Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 92 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 92-94 POINTS - "Consistently thrilling wines come from l'Aventure, which is run with incredible talent and passion by St. Emilion native Stephan Asseo. His 2016s are incredible efforts, and the 2017 more Rhone blends are certainly in the same ballpark. Due to the heat spikes at harvest, Bordeaux varieties were much more difficult and hit or miss."
"Lastly, the 2017 Estate Cuvee shows the effects of the heat spikes and has some firm, angular tannins that are buffered by lots of blackcurrant fruit. It has classic graphite, licorice, and lead pencil aromas, medium to full body, and good length, yet it's certainly not going to make you forget this brilliant 2016. Nevertheless, my money is on it being an outstanding wine."
- Item #: i_311389Bottle Size: 750MLROBERT PARKER 99+ POINTS - "Proprietor Denis Durantou has produced a blockbuster Pomerol from a blend of 85% Merlot and 15% Cabernet Franc, tipping the scales at just over 14.5% natural alcohol. A riveting wine, pure, elegant, but at the same time, extremely powerful and concentrated, with stunning texture, opulence and density, the tannins are abundant, and the wine certainly in need of a decade of cellaring. Fabulous creme de cassis and cherry liqueur notes are intertwined with hints of licorice, truffle, and graphite. Full and rich, but still in an infantile state of development, this wine needs to be cellared for 10 years but should keep for five decades or more. This 2009 is absolutely profound."
- Item #: i_236770Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94+ROBERT PARKER 94+ POINTS - "The 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon from their vineyard in St. Helena is a slightly richer, broader and more profoundly deep style of Cabernet Sauvignon than the 2012 with a nearly opaque ruby/purple color, with sweet black cherry and blackcurrant fruit in the intense and persistent aromatics. Full-bodied with the same alcohol as the 2012 (14.8%), the wine cuts a broad swath across the palate without any sense of heaviness. Pure and ripe but still youthful and relatively unevolved, this should be cellared for another 3-5 years and drink over the following two decades."
- Item #: i_277810Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of 27% Grenache, 24% Tempranillo, 20% Graciano, 15% Tannat, and 14% Cinsault.
ANTONIO GALLONI/S VINOUS MEDIA 95 POINTS - "Vivid ruby-red. Highly perfumed aromas of ripe red and dark berries, potpourri and incense are complicated by exotic spice and woodsmoke accents. Sweet, seamless and lively on the palate, offering densely packed black raspberry, cherry liqueur and rose pastille flavors braced by an undercurrent of juicy acidity. Finishes alluringly sweet and extremely long, showing outstanding definition and fine-grained tannins that meld smoothly with the wine's vibrant fruit."
- Item #: i_277900Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "I've written it numerous time, but Linne Calodo remains one of the reference point estates in Paso Robles. Winemaker/owner Matt Trevisan consistently puts together exotic and singular blends that deliver opulence as well as balance."
"The Zinfandel-based 2016 Outsider gives up complex, textbook notes of sweet red and black fruits, cedarwood, white pepper, and incense. This is a classic Zinfandel that carries loads of fruit and richness yet stays light, elegant, and graceful on the palate, with terrific purity and freshness. It's already impossible to resist, and I see no need to delay gratification either. The blend is 82% Zinfandel, 7% each of Syrah and Mourvedre, and the balance Graciano, all brought up in new and neutral American oak."
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 94 POINTS - "Brilliant violet. Powerful dark berry and cherry liqueur aromas are complemented by building licorice, incense and pipe tobacco accents. Concentrated and fleshy on the palate, offering alluringly sweet boysenberry, cassis, cherry pie and star anise flavors and suggestions of bitter chocolate and succulent herbs. Becomes more energetic with air and finishes with superb, spice-tinged persistence and velvety tannins that shape the lush, sweet, clinging fruit."
- Item #: i_277766Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 96 PointsANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 95 POINTS - "Saturated ruby. Powerful red and dark berry preserve scents are complemented by suggestions of exotic spices, incense and floral pastilles, and a smoky mineral flourish adds urgency. Sappy and seamless in texture, offering vivacious raspberry and cherry liqueur and spicecake flavors energized by a strong jolt of juicy acidity. The blend of power and energy here is really impressive. Smooth, harmonious tannins build steadily on a strikingly long, seamless finish that leaves behind candied lavender and juicy red berry notes."
JEB DUNNUCK 96 POINTS - "I’ve written it numerous time, but Linne Calodo remains one of the reference point estates in Paso Robles. Winemaker/owner Matt Trevisan consistently puts together exotic and singular blends that deliver opulence as well as balance."
"The 2016 Rising Tides knocks it out of the park in 2016. A blend of 77% Grenache, 14% Mourvedre, and 9% Syrah, this ruby-tinged beauty boasts thrilling notes of black raspberries, crushed flowers, dried herbs, and incense. Beautifully textured, medium to full-bodied, and elegant, it's a sensational Grenache blend that does everything right. Brought up in a mix of concrete tanks and neutral larger French oak barrels, it's one of the finest vintages for this cuvee to date. Drink it any time over the coming 7-8 years."
- Item #: i_277828Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 96 POINTS - "Bright purple. Highly expressive aromas of mineral-tinged dark berry preserves, incense and candied licorice are complicated by a sexy floral nuance. Smoky and seamless in texture, offering alluringly sweet black and blue fruit, spicecake and floral pastille flavors braced by a spine of juicy acidity. Finishes with outstanding clarity, mounting tannins and floral-dominated tenacity, leaving blue fruit and exotic spice notes behind."
JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "The Zinfandel-dominated 2017 Problem Child (there's 19% Syrah, 14% Graciano, and 3% Carignan) has a classic Zinfandel nose of spice red and black fruits, brambly herbs, cigar tobacco, and Asian spices. Ripe, full-bodied, and incredibly polished, it has sweet tannins, no hard edges, lots of richness and depth, and a great finish."
- Item #: i_379425Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90TERRY THEISE 3 PLUSES - "It is 75% Pinot Noir from Mareuil, 25% Chardonnay also from Mareuil. Old vines, massale selection. Deg 4/2018. 60% 2014, 20% 2013, 20% 2012. It’s from his favorite parcels in Mareuil, and is intended as a tribute to its terroir. It has a truly noble Pinot Noir fragrance, leading to an utter masterpiece of weightless concentration, as huge and yet as penetrable as a cumulous cloud. Mareuil is clearly great but it’s also somewhat inscrutable; it has some of the malt of Aÿ, some mirabelle confiture, an almost gingery spice and top notes of chalk. This wine has great, gossamer opulence."
- Item #: i_239980Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "Medium ruby-purple, the 2017 Zinfandel Giuseppe and Luisa has a wonderful nose of yellow peach preserves, apricot, boysenberry jam, cinnamon stick and warm black fruits—there are loads of fruity and spicy layers here. In the mouth, it's medium to full-bodied with intense tricolored fruits, firm, grainy tannins and very juicy acidity, finishing long and peachy. This is just what Zinfandel should be! 966 cases produced."
ANTONIO GALLONI 95 POINTS - "One of the many standouts in this range, the 2017 Zinfandel Giuseppe and Luisa is fabulous. The purity of the flavors is remarkable. Bright red cherry, blood orange, mint and wild flowers are all beautifully delineated in a racy, textured Zinfandel that delivers the goods big time. All the elements meld together effortlessly.'
- Item #: i_211598Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93ROBERT PARKER 93 POINTS - "The 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon is a relatively big, robust, rich Cabernet Sauvignon (15.2% alcohol) with a dense ruby/purple color, creamy, toasty oak. Loads of blueberry and blackberry fruit and an opaque purple color, this full-bodied wine is still young, but really savory, rich and bold. What it lacks in complexity it makes up in size and intensity. Drink it over the next 15 or so years."
- Item #: i_245210Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Vinous Media: 96ANTONIO GALLONI 96 POINTS - "The 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon Mon Chevalier is one of the best wines of the year at Morlet. Ripe, exuberant and richly layered in the glass, the 2013 possesses nearly extravagant richness. This is an especially opulent style for Knights Valley. Some of the more savory notes typical of the appellation are hidden by the lushness of the fruit, but the pedigree and personality of this site can't be denied."
ROBERT PARKER 95 POINTS - "The Bordeaux varietals range from a tiny 180 cases of Morlet's Force de La Nature (100% Cabernet Franc from the Beckstoffer To Kalon Vineyard) to 650 cases of his Knights Valley Mon Chevalier. The 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon Mon Chevalier, a blend of 86% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8% Cabernet Franc, 3% Merlot and the rest Malbec and Petit Verdot, offers cassis, mocha, loamy soil undertones, plenty of chocolate, blackberry and a full-bodied, lush style. Peter Michael was the first to exploit just how superb Knights Valley Bordeaux varietals can be, but Morlet has certainly proven with this wine what is possible. This is a beauty to drink now and over the next 20+ years."
- Item #: i_245730Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 97 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "I loved these latest releases from Luc Morlet and family, and they show a sensational mix of classic, balanced, even old-school, characters mixed with killer California fruit. As a whole, the 2014s show more elegance and complexity, with the 2015s possessing more power and richness. These are rockstar wines."
"From a valley floor site beside To Kalon, the 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Coeur de Vallee (76% Cabernet Sauvignon and 24% Cabernet Franc) boasts an incredibly sexy, full-bodied, thrillingly textured profile as well as to-die-for notes of blueberries, black cherries, dried herbs, and flowers. This powerful, blockbuster-styled beauty checks in near the top of the vintage, and while already drinking beautifully, it will keep for 15-20 years."
- Item #: i_245270Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Vinous Media: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 98 PointsThis is the personal label of Luc Morlet and his wife Jodie. Luc has made the wines at Newton Vineyards, where he cotinued to craft their highly-touted Unfiltered Chardonnay Unfiltered (a collector favorite). He then became the head winemaker for Peter Michael Winery and crafted their wines from the 2001-2005 vintages, where he made a 98-point Cabernet-blend and a 99-point Chardonnay!
The "Passionement" Cabernet Sauvignon comes from one of the best vineyards in Napa Valley's Oakville area. Dark purple in color, this has intense and complex bouquet of red, black and blue berries intermixed with notes of blueberries, Creme de Cassis, plum, cedar and a hint of cedar and cigar box. Full bodied, the palate is reminiscent of the nose, with a creamy texture and a great intensity. The luscious tannins, the intense aromatic complexity and its opulence create a flamboyant yet harmonious ensemble, leading to a very long, complex and smooth finish. This early charming and collectible wine represents the passionate, uncompromised and on-going pursuit of quality.
JEB DUNNUCK 98 POINTS - "I loved these latest releases from Luc Morlet and family, and they show a sensational mix of classic, balanced, even old-school, characters mixed with killer California fruit. As a whole, the 2014s show more elegance and complexity, with the 2015s possessing more power and richness. These are rockstar wines."
"The 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Passionnement comes from a site in Oakville (there's a tiny portion from St. Helena) and is 100% Cabernet Sauvignon. It offers a ripe, sweetly fruited, elegant, yet also powerful style that just glides over the palate with no sense of heaviness or coarseness. Revealing notes of creme de cassis, crushed flowers, graphite, and spice, this cuvee always shines for its seamless, elegant personality, yet it never lacks for density or richness."
ANTONIO GALLONI 95 POINTS - "The 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Passionnement, tasted from magnum, is plush, sensual and inviting. In 2014, the Passionnement is a bit restrained, but that is not necessarily a bad thing for this wine, which is a selection of the best barrels in the cellar. Bittersweet chocolate, lavender, graphite, spice and silky tannins add to the wine's considerable appeal."
ROBERT PARKER 95 POINTS - "The 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Passionnement is a relatively small cuvee of 250 cases from Oakville. Sweet tannin, a seamless entry on the palate, an opaque ruby/purple color and a big kiss of creme de cassis, blackberry, scorched earth and burning embers is followed by a wine with a long finish, moderate tannin and surprising intensity and power for a 2014. Drink it over the next 30 years."
- Item #: i_245580Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Vinous Media: 94The wines from Luc and Jodie Morlet have gained a feverish following here at Hi-Time. While their Cabernets and Chardonnays have garnered the limelight and were featured on our “Top Wine” lists in the past, this year it is one of their Pinot Noirs that has us salivating! Coming from a small vineyard in the Fort Ross-Seaview AVA on the Sonoma Coast, this property sits at 1,100 feet in elevation, and is on just the second ridge from the Pacific Ocean. The vineyard is above the fog line and enjoys long, sunny days, yet temps remain cool throughout most of the growing season. This gives the vines time to produce perfectly mature and ripe grapes, and Luc Morlet sorts the fruit berry-by-berry when they reach the winery, ensuring that only the best make it into the finished wine.
ANTONIO GALLONI 95 POINTS - "Things seem quite busy at Morlet Family Vineyards. Luc and Jodie Morlet are developing an additional 3.5 acres of land at their estate vineyard in St. Helena. Last year, the Morlets planted a new vineyard in the heart of Oakville, so there will be a greater focus on estate fruit in the future, once those newly planted vineyards come on line. Stylistically, the wines offer plenty of textural richness and opulence, as they always have. At the same time, I see a bit more freshness in these wines than was common just a few years ago."
"The 2014 Pinot Noir En Famillle is powerful and intense, but also linear. All the signatures of this site come through nicely, but also amped up with quite a bit of structural underpinning. Darker tonalities of red stone, saltiness, wild flowers and exotic spices lead into the finish. The bright acids and overall structure here are quite appealing."
ROBERT PARKER 94 POINTS - "The 2014 Pinot Noir En Famille has a more saturated color than the Coteaux Nobles. It offers up notes of black cherries, loamy soil, kirsch liqueur, Asian spice and a floral element. The wine is an outstanding, beautifully fresh Pinot Noir with plenty of black raspberry and kirsch liqueur-like notes. Drink it over the next decade."
- Item #: i_245200Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 97 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "Leading off the Chardonnays, the 2016 Chardonnay Ma Douce (which translates to "My Sweet") is a rich, full-bodied, blockbuster effort that still stays incredibly pure, seamless, and elegant. Heavenly notes of crushed citrus, flower oil, brioche, toasted nuts, and ample crushed rock notes all emerge from the glass, and it has vibrant acidity and is perfectly balanced. It's a world-class Chardonnay."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95+ POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay Ma Douce is from a vineyard in Fort Ross Sea View not far from Marcassin, on the second ridge in from the ocean and located at 1,300-1,500 feet in elevation. The vines are Old Wente clones planted on Goldridge soils. It begins a little youthfully reticent, opening out to notes of warm peaches, grapefruit, pear tart and toasted almond with hints of baking bread and chalk dust. Medium to full-bodied, the palate has a beautifully satiny texture with a racy line lifting the savory layers to a nice long finish. 650 cases were made."
- Item #: i_282080Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 98 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 98 POINTS - "I loved these latest releases from Luc Morlet and family, and they show a sensational mix of classic, balanced, even old-school, characters mixed with killer California fruit. As a whole, the 2014s show more elegance and complexity, with the 2015s possessing more power and richness. These are rockstar wines."
"The 2014 Morlet Estate comes from the western foothills just north of St. Helena and is 99% Cabernet Sauvignon. It has a Pauillac-like austerity as well as awesome notes of black fruits, graphite, lead pencil shavings and loamy soils. Fresh, focused, full-bodied and powerful, this classic, structured Cabernet Sauvignon needs 2-4 years of bottle age but will have 20-25 years of overall longevity."
- Item #: i_205700Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 94-97 POINTS - "The 2017 My Favorite Neighbor is in the same ballpark and offers terrific notes of creme de cassis, tobacco leaf, lead pencil shavings, and cedary herbs. It's a full-bodied, silky, impeccably balanced beauty that has just subtle background oak, a stacked mid-palate, and terrific purity of fruit."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93-95 POINTS - "A barrel sample blended of 70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Syrah and 10% Petit Verdot, the 2017 My Favorite Neighbor Proprietary Blend is deep garnet-purple in color and a little cedary to begin, giving way to fragrant blackcurrants, black cherries and black raspberries with touches of spice cake, Sichuan pepper, violets and hoisin. Full-bodied, densely packed and with velvety tannins, it delivers tons of tightly wound flavors, finishing long."
- Item #: i_206930Bottle Size: 750mlIntentionally crafted from Malbec and Syrah, the grapes for Nellcote's impeccably dry Rose were meticulously farmed on Bald Mountan Ranch atop Mount Veeder, and only 170 cases were produced.
Here, vivid aromas bring to mind pomegranate, tart cherry, and ripe citrus alongside notes of guava, orange bitters, and the delicate, lingering suggestion of white tea and roses. The wine is bright and focused on the palate, with a vibrant acidity toning and lifting the elegant red fruit flavors. With an ethereal finish that lasts, this is a true wine lover's Rose with a South of France soul and a Napa Valley attitude.
- Item #: i_248480Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95+Jeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 95+ POINTS - "Starting with the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate, it's a blend of 82% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Merlot, 4% Malbec, and 4% Petit Verdot that's all from the Stags Leap District. It offers a monster bouquet of bloody blueberries, cassis, iron, violets, and crushed rocks. This flows to a powerful, rich, yet also pure and elegant Napa Cabernet that has tons of class. It has a focused, slightly tight profile that's going to benefit from short-term cellaring, and it should evolve beautifully for 2 decades or more."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95+ POINTS - "The deep purple-black colored 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate is blended of 82% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Merlot, 4% Malbec and 4% Petit Verdot. It's beautifully perfumed with fragrant earth, lavender, oolong tea and chocolate-covered cherries with a core of warm cassis, crushed wild blueberries plus a compelling waft of roses. The full-bodied palate has a firm yet somehow wonderfully elegant frame thanks to super ripe, super fine-grained tannins and background freshness supporting the perfumed black fruit layers, leading to a very long finish."
- Item #: i_247760Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsANTONIO GALLONI 95 POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay Puerta del Mar Special Selection is a blend of barrels that spent more time in oak and saw more new wood. Not surprisingly, those choices bring out a more tropical set of aromas and flavors. Orange peel, spice, vanillin and passion fruit all develop nicely in the glass. I find the greater oak influence here works very nicely to complement the naturally more austere leanings of Puerta del Mar. The result is a gorgeous, expressive super-classic Santa Barbara Chardonnay loaded with personality. I loved it."
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay Puerta Del Mar Vineyard Special Bottling was brought up in 50% new French oak whereas the regular release sees just 5% new oak. It also spent 16 months in barrel versus 11 months for the base cuvee. I don't always find the Special Bottling superior to the regular bottling, but in this case, the change in elevage has resulted in a deep, richer, more textured wine. Offering plenty of tropical and orchard fruit interwoven with hints of creme caramel, white flowers, and brioche, it hits the palate with medium to full-bodied richness, a rounded, layered texture, and a great finish. Its oak is beautifully integrated, yet it will still benefit from a year or so of bottle age and keep for over a decade."