Catalog Advanced Search
211 items were found using the following search criteria
- Collector's Corner: Yes
- Item #: i_217410Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93-95ANTONIO GALLONI 95+ POINTS - "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon (Howell Mountain) offers a striking balance of intense richness from the low yields on the mountain and the intensely mineral/savory qualities that are such signatures of the Dunn Howell Mountain Cabernet. Graphite, smoke, grilled herbs, creme de cassis, menthol and iron build into the huge finish. The tannins are there, but they are buried by the sheer intensity of the fruit."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93-95 POINTS - "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Howell Mountain looks sensational, as most of the better efforts do in this vintage of relatively low yields. Huge sucrosity, a big, fat, juicy mouthfeel, a dense black/purple color and plenty of crème de cassis, blackberry, camphor and licorice are all present in this layered, rather highly extracted and rich wine. It should drink well for 30-40 years."
- Item #: i_311012Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR - 95 POINTS This sings with a pure, elegant mix of peach, quince, dried pear and apple tart flavors. Rich and creamy midpalate, this features an exuberantly minerally and fruity finish that glistens with acidity. Drink now through 2042. 20 cases imported.
JAMESSUCKLING.COM - 96 POINTS A creamy-dreamy nose with a lot of tropical flowers that is very enticing. Very lush and concentrated but with great purity and delicacy too. If you have never tasted an Auslese from Egon, then you've missed something in life. This wine is the ideal one to put that right. If you're already familiar with this wine from other vintages, you could wait years or decades for this. Stuart Pigott
JOHN GILMAN - VIEW FROM THE CELLAR - 97 POINTS The 2015 Auslese from the Scharzhofberg vineyard that I had the pleasure to taste from Egon Müller is utterly brilliant. The bouquet offers up a very, very pure and discreetly glazed bouquet of white cherries, pear, bee pollen, a touch of orange zest, gentle slate undertow and a pungent topnote of cherry blossoms. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied, focused and stunningly pure, with a creamy core, ripe, juicy acids and magical length and grip on the nascently complex and absolutely electric finish. This is a breathtakingly magical wine in the making, and keep in mind, this is only the tip of the Auslesen iceberg at Weingut Müller! 2025- 2100. 97.
MOSEL FINE WINES 96+ POINTS Gorgeously vibrant scents of white peach, herbs and spices give way to richer and more complex notes of apricot, pineapple and fresh herbs and white flowers with airing. The wine manages to be delicately smooth and, at same time, racy as an almost Eiswein-like acidity cleanses the palate and provides focus to an area of complex cocktail fruits, herbs and minerals in the finish. This beauty in the making has stunning development potential. 2025-2060
- Item #: i_203400Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 100**Please note, this is a half sized bottleROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "Medium to deep garnet-purple in color, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon charges from the gate with exuberant red and black cherries notes, black currants and mulberries with a beautiful roses and lavender perfume, plus hints of sandalwood and cinnamon stick. Full-bodied, concentrated and downright explosive in the mouth, it is still wearing loads of gorgeous puppy-fat fruit flavors, offering suggestions of the complex, multilayered blockbuster that it will emerge into. The structure deserves its own mention: wonderful, seamless freshness and oh-so-fine, pixelated tannins, with an extraordinary persistence of fruit and mineral nuances. Wow."
- Item #: i_203370Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Advocate: 100ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "The 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon has a deep garnet-purple color. Its nose begins a little reserved, slowly revealing a quiet intensity of freshly crushed blackberries, chocolate-covered cherries, cassis and aniseed with compelling nuances of black tea, cigar box, truffles and charcuterie, plus, with coaxing, gentle wafts of red roses and crushed rocks emerge. The medium to full-bodied palate is simply arresting, offering a a myriad floral and earth sparks amidst a black fruit core and with seamless, firm, very fine-grained tannins. Well-knit freshness brings forth layer after layer of delicate nuances on the very long, mineral-laced finish. The team at Eisele, led by Frederic Engerer (of Chateau Latour) and beautifully orchestrated by winemaker Helene Mingot, have knocked it out of the park this vintage with this singular expression that both embraces the site's heritage and reveals parts unknown."
- Item #: i_203310Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Altagracia has slightly muted black cherries, crushed black plums and cassis with hints of licorice, black soil and cracked pepper plus a waft of tapenade. Medium to full-bodied, rich and expressive in the mouth, it delivers a lot of layers and wonderfully fine tannins, finishing long and earthy."
- Item #: i_203360Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 100ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "The 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon has a deep garnet-purple color. Its nose begins a little reserved, slowly revealing a quiet intensity of freshly crushed blackberries, chocolate-covered cherries, cassis and aniseed with compelling nuances of black tea, cigar box, truffles and charcuterie, plus, with coaxing, gentle wafts of red roses and crushed rocks emerge. The medium to full-bodied palate is simply arresting, offering a a myriad floral and earth sparks amidst a black fruit core and with seamless, firm, very fine-grained tannins. Well-knit freshness brings forth layer after layer of delicate nuances on the very long, mineral-laced finish. The team at Eisele, led by Frederic Engerer (of Chateau Latour) and beautifully orchestrated by winemaker Helene Mingot, have knocked it out of the park this vintage with this singular expression that both embraces the site's heritage and reveals parts unknown."
- Item #: i_206630Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94+ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94+ POINTS - "Bottled in late July, the 2017 Sauvignon Blanc is a real step up from previous vintages, springing from the glass with vibrant lime cordial, orange blossom and grapefruit notes with touches of allspice, honeysuckle, ripe pears, white peaches and struck flint. Medium-bodied with a suggestion of satin to the texture and a fantastic intensity of exuberant citrus fruits and mineral notes, it delivers a very long, refreshing finish. This should age beautifully!"
- Item #: i_220770Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "There are 352 cases of the 2017 Pinot Noir Occidental Ridge, a singular effort in the lineup that stands out for its rich blueberry and mulberry fruit as well as ample spring flowers, forest floor, and violet characteristics. With medium to full body, a ripe, layered texture, terrific concentration, and a big finish, it's a gem from this team that will evolve gracefully for 8-10 years."
ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Pinot Noir Occidental Ridge Vineyard offers a level of richness and exotic raciness that really stands out in this lineup of generally more understated wines. Dark, mysterious and sensual, the Occidental Ridge gradually opens up in the glass. Dark cherry, lavender, dried herbs, mint and licorice blossom as the wine gains breadth over time. The Occidental Ridge is an absolutely exquisite wine from Failla and Ehren Jordan. "
- Item #: i_220030Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 97 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "From a terrific vineyard on the west side of Yountville, and one I suspect will be more well known in the future due to the quality of the farming, the 100% Cabernet 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Bettinelli Sleeping Lady is a pretty, elegant yet full-bodied beauty that has terrific notes of blue fruits, violets, bay leaf, and damp earth. It has an almost mountain fruit-like tension and purity, fine tannins, and a great finish. In short, it's a thrilling Napa Valley Cabernet that's going to keep for 25 years or more."
- Item #: i_229080Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsANTONIO GALLONI 96 POINTS - "Rosemary Cakebread makes gorgeous, sumptuous wines from a number of appellations, although the focus of late has been on sites that are close to home. The two 2015 reds, both from Oakville Ranch, are stellar. Under the care of noted viticulturist Phil Coturri, the wines from Oakville Ranch have become increasingly distinctive. That is very much the case here as well. The Gallica 2015s are racy and bold in conception, but never overdone."
"The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Oakville Ranch Vineyard is a huge, full-bodied wine that captures all the natural intensity, breadth and volume of this site on Oakville's Upper Plateau. The significant presence of Cabernet Franc (25%), which is so unique at Oakville Ranch, gives the wine is super-distinctive aromatic signature. Time in the glass brings out the wine's beautifully layered, dark-toned fruit, but readers should be prepared to cellar the 2015 for at least a few years."
JEB DUNNUCK 95+ POINTS - "Brought up in 60% new barrels, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon offers classic notes of lead pencil shavings, creme de cassis, white chocolate, licorice and hints of flowers. Ripe, yet pure, elegant and polished on the palate, with building tannin, it's a gorgeous Cabernet that has everything you could want from this vintage."
- Item #: i_226330Bottle Size: 750mlOnly 9 barrels of this wine were produced. A blend of 87% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8% Petite Sirah, and 5% Merlot, the wine opens with soft aromatics of a wild blackberry patch, pencil shavings and ripe fig, while the nose evolves into a more nuanced melange of violets, fresh sepia pasta and salad nicoise. Vibrant and energetic upon entry, the vintage's elegant qualities continue with a refined mid-palate of dark berry fruits, a touch of licorice and dark chocolate. The robust tannins - a result of the estate's alluvial soils - will develop and mature well into the next decade.
We get a small amount of this wine each year, and this has a track record of receiving high scores from critics. Scores from the past three vintages are:
2014 Vintage - ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97+ POINTS 2013 Vintage - ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS 2012 Vintage - ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS
- Item #: i_333334Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95-97eROBERT PARKER 95-97 POINTS: "Offering more spice, cured meats, chocolate, cassis and vanilla bean, the 2011 Cote Rotie La Turque is more sexy and open-knit than the 2010, with full-bodied richness, sweet tannin and a hard-to-resist profile. It should start to shine at a relatively early age for this cuvee, but still have two decades or more of longevity."
- Item #: i_228340Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Wine Spectator: 92ROBERT PARKER 93 POINTS - "The 2006 Chardonnay (4,600+ cases) was 80% tank-fermented with no malolatic, and 33% spent 18 months in barrel. It possesses lovely white peach, pear, and crushed rock characteristics, full body, splendid acidity as well as purity, and a gracious integration of subtle oak. This beautiful white can be enjoyed over the next 5-6 years."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Flinty, with a tight beam of mineral, white peach, nectarine, green apple and lime flavors that are concentrated, keeping the focus on the vibrant fruit. Drink now through 2014. 3,253 cases made."
- Item #: i_228010Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Comments: "With the complex fruit of a well grown, mature Chardonnay vineyard, coupled with the vineyard's inherent minerality and steely acidity, the intention is to cellar this rare wine, as it will develop over many years to come. With a beautiful pale straw and slight yellow color, this youthful beauty offers aromas of peach, meyer lemon, roasted hazelnut, crème brulee, douglas fir, baked apple and wet stone, and is classically Hanzell. It is full bodied with a very rich mouthfeel and an extremely long finish. If you are not a patient person, decanting this wine for a minimum of two hours prior to serving is recommended."
- Item #: i_229230Bottle Size: 750mlIn 2002, Heitz planted cabernet vines on Howell Mountain near the gateway to the Linda Falls Preserve. That same year they donated an adjacent 21 acres to the Land Trust as a conservation easement for the preserve, for hikers and nature lovers to enjoy the splendor of the waterfall, which runs year-round. Stretching above the fog at an average elevation of 1500 feet, this area is known for well-drained, volcanic soils and a cooler climate which results in longer hangtime. The vines are planted in narrow rows, deliberately positioned to capture the strongest rays of the summer sun. As the fruit matures, the dense spacing and abundant sunshine leads to a low yield of smaller berries with thick, deeply-hued skins. This picturesque, hilly vineyard is surrounded by pine trees, deer, and bears; a truly special slice of Napa Valley.
Winemaker's Notes: "Its full palate shows how refined and elegant a Howell Mountain wine can be; a firm tannin structure yet silky, with a juicy lingering finish. Undeniably made in the classic Heitz style, it has a liveliness to it with balanced acidity."
- Item #: i_230220Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS - "The 2015 Syrah Sur Echalas Vineyard is just as striking as its Grenache sibling, unfurling with an equally complex nose of sweet cassis, beef blood, bitter cocoa, peony and violets, with notions of grilled meat and truffle emerging with time. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied and amazingly intense, with a deep and multidimensional core framed by remarkably satiny, layered tannins, concluding with a long, saline finish."
- Item #: i_230960Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 100ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "Medium to deep garnet-purple colored, the 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Wraith opens with compelling creme de cassis, wild blueberries, anise, chocolate mint and black earth scents plus suggestions of candied violets, cinnamon stick, tar, cigar box and smoked meats. Full-bodied, rich, super firm and built like a brick house, the palate offers layer upon layer of very tightly wound, subtly nuanced flavors leading to a very long, very perfumed and minerally finish. If any Hundred Acre wine can live for 100 years, this is certainly a contender."