Home » FRENCH WINE » CHAMPAGNE » PLOYEZ-JAC XBT PASSION
PLOYEZ-JAC XBT PASSION
Item: #325595
Bottle Size: 750ML
$41.98
Quantity

PLOYEZ-JACQUEMART EXTRA BRUT "PASSION"

1+ STARS CHAMPAGNEGUIDE.NET-"This is 60 percent Pinot Noir and Meunier, with the remaining 40 percent chardonnay, and one-quarter of the blend is reserve chardonnay from 2005, vinified in oak without malolactic. It’s a rich, ample Champagne, its flavors of guava, jackfruit and dried mango feeling broad and enveloping. It contrasts a velvety, opulent texture with fresh acidity, keeping it lively and buoyant, and its long, fragrant finish is impressively complete for an extra brut. While it’s delicious now, it should gain more complexity with a couple of years in the cellar. Last tasted: 9/13."

This small family operation, which is nestled in Ludes in the heart of the Montagne de Reims, is a definite “must see” for anyone touring Champagne. The firm has one of the deepest, most picturesque cellars in the region and offers accommodations at their very elegant B&B. P-J’s non-vintage Brut has long been one of our faves, but her new “EBP” limited edition Laurence Ployez-Krommydas has really taken the NV Brut genre to the next level. It is three-quarters Grand and Premier Cru juice from the excellent 2004 vintage. To add structure, a third of the wine was aged in aged in oak without undergoing malolactic fermentation. Further complexity was imparted by the addition of 25% reserve wines. After 4 years aging sur-lees, the “EBP was disgorged and topped off with an ultra low dosage. This “Passion’s” style is dryer and more subtle than Claude Carré’s (seebelow), but it is a real charmer nonetheless. It is fresh and complex, honeyed (not toasty) and is impeccably dry withoutbeing the least bit austere. All in all, a remarkable tour de force at it modest price point.A light-bodied, floral Champagne, with hints of fresh greens, white grapefruit and apricot. This is backed by firm acidity, leading to a moderate finish. Drink now
Filter Products By:
Vintage

Show All

Varietal

Show All

Country
Region
Price
WS Score